5.6

1. Nov 15, 2011
    From dazzling scenery to spectacular set pieces, this is a worthy entry in the need for speed franchise. The frostbite 2 engine makes the whole world just stuningly beautiful and there is only so much that words can describe. Intense white knuckled racing is absolutely addicting. The autolog helps you compete with your friends and makes the game so much more competitive. Multiplayer isFrom dazzling scenery to spectacular set pieces, this is a worthy entry in the need for speed franchise. The frostbite 2 engine makes the whole world just stuningly beautiful and there is only so much that words can describe. Intense white knuckled racing is absolutely addicting. The autolog helps you compete with your friends and makes the game so much more competitive. Multiplayer is splendid and is even more enjoyable with friends as winning gives you much bragging rights. A huge variety of cars to choose, from vintage muscles to modern supercars. This game gives you that adrenaline feeling that few games on todays market offer. A must have for any racing fan, be it arcade or sim fan. This game is absolutely fun and I have no idea why IGN gave it such a crappy score. The only thing I agree with their review is that this game is slightly short but that may perhaps be that Im enjoying myself so much and finished the game too quickly which leaves me craving for me. This game is a masterpiece. Expand
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    Lots of fun. I'm trying to understand all the hate for this game. I like the handling, like the audio, its just all around fun. Just give it a shot, I think you'll like it.
  3. Nov 18, 2011
    amazing graphics @Frostbite2 + amazing tracks! one of the best racing tracks I have ever played, and I play a lot! and great cars! awesome weather effects! snow storms! this game is AWESOME! 10/10 everybody who likes cross-country arcade racing must buy this superb game! generally I don't like NFS series, but I love The Run and I hope there will be The Run 2 in the future :)
  4. Jan 1, 2012
    I played NFS: The Run over christmas and I really liked it. A lot of people thought the campaign was short, but I liked the length. I don't beat a lot of games anymore, and I don't think I've ever beaten a racing game until this one, so that in itself was a really nice bonus for me.

Also, a lot of people don't talk about this, but each race course in the game is unique. It's not this tired tread of the game taking place in a city, and what ends up happening, is that you end up running down the same portions of streets a hojillion times over but they're called new courses, when they're really not.

Also, the dynamic camera is redic awesome (pulls out on boosts, pulls in on brakes, or turns where you lose a lot of speed). It really is a million times better then the static camera's you see in every other racing game. Just saying that since no one seems to talk about that either. Not even the game critics.
  5. Feb 14, 2013
    This is the absolute best racing game I have ever played. The controls are a perfect mix between arcade and simulation where they feel like the real cars but can still be driven impatiently. You can really feel the difference in handling, weight, torque, etc. between the cars, and especially between the old and new cars. The 60s-era Shelby Cobra is small and nimble (but has troubleThis is the absolute best racing game I have ever played. The controls are a perfect mix between arcade and simulation where they feel like the real cars but can still be driven impatiently. You can really feel the difference in handling, weight, torque, etc. between the cars, and especially between the old and new cars. The 60s-era Shelby Cobra is small and nimble (but has trouble gripping in tight turns) where a modern Mustang is powerful but very heavy and slow to turn. There are two things that ruin the game. The first is the UI, which is horrendous. It wasn't just not designed for the PC, it wasn't designed for Humans to use. Getting stuck with a car not meant for a track on the hardest difficulty means game-over because you can't switch it out! This is more than a bit frustrating. There's no way to skip cutscenes and there's no reason for that besides to frustrate me after having lost or restarted a game. Long load times for restarting a race are also not needed, just stick my car back at the beginning! The second problem is, obviously, EA DRM. Better-tuned graphics may have been nice but the game is still pretty enough. I'd say that if you're at all interested in cars and racing, you must play this game! The road racing gameplay is the core of the game here and will take a patient player (and maybe someone will real race car driving knowledge) to get right on the harder modes. I'm still giving the game a 10 because the gameplay really is that good. Expand
  6. Dec 3, 2011
    I dont see why so many people are down on this game really... the mechanics are solid and im pretty sure that is what matters most in a driving game. I suppose being the middle aged heterosexual male that i am i would HAVE to like it more than TDU2, and i totally do.

I found it to be kind of an all american driving game, classic race across the country and take in all the great views kind of thing, real nice. Sure there are things i can nitt pick about, like the skin textures on the characters being over done, but its a console port and really im in it for the driving not to ogle character models! Also the scenery unfortunately kind of flies by too fast to really take it in, but its still quite clear that its great looking.

The quick time events i could totally have done without, but i will give it +1 point (not only to offset the morons that give games 0's) JUST for using a Ministry song in a QTE where you get to kick a cop in the face.. pure class.

I guess it comes down to what you are looking for in a driving game, i dont care for playing online because guess where you find the vast majority of cheaters.. also do not give a rats ass about linking to (or having) a face book account, playing dress-up, or what professional reviewers think of ANYTHING. I wanted an arcade type driving game with solid controls and it delivers. Not going to give it a 10 because there have been no games in the past year that deserve a 10.. NONE! But 8 for overall pleasure +1 for appropriate use of a Ministry song works, if anything i feel it should have cost a bit less but thats just mainstream video games in general.
  7. Nov 27, 2011
    In my opinion this one is the best from all of them. Need For Speed The Run can really keep your attention for long time. Some says that game needs only 2 hrs for complete - it's not true. While playing i felt like i was taking part in movie. Great feeling. Recommended title! Must buy!
  8. Mar 29, 2012
    Yaar yeh Jab Nfs The Run Kholta huun Yeh Side Me flickering sa hone lag jaata hai aur game stable
    rehti hai...
    Yeh agar inn behend ke loodo ko game nahi chalvani toh madharchodho ne game Torrent me kya apni maa chudvane ke liye daali hai .....
    Agar kisi Nek Insaan ke paas is problem ka solution hai toh Plz Mujhe reply kare....?
  9. Apr 9, 2012
    Great game. Very spectacular and exhilarating. Great music (Black Keys, Canned Heat ;) . Maybe short but you can replay the whole in a more difficult setting. I really like it. QTE and story basically boring (and cannot skip) but the racing is really nice.
  10. Nov 1, 2013
    Need for speed is like the call of duty of racing a new one each year you can look forward to. This time around we have the Run. is it a cross country epic or does it burn out in the first lap lets find out.

Story wise there's not much here you play a driver of a fast car and you are trying to win a cross country race without being disqualified by the mob standard story fair with no real twists or turns.

What dose have twists and turns is the game play which is tight as ever you play across several maps mostly in a car but sometimes you have to get out of the car (Gasp), but only in an amusing QTE sequence every once in a while which are action packed and exciting and the tight game play is prevalent over to all modes.

Graphically the game is great. a little more time on the human models would be good, but the cars look fantastic as do environments as you race across America to survive.
  11. Sep 9, 2013
    Great game in all sense. The latest creation of the legendary Studio. I hope that the guys will make their separate project. Such a variety of weather and various trails never seen. And the story and race point much better than arrivals in a circle.
  12. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is incredible. I play for 8 hours a day and cannot get enough. The most addicting game I own and ever played. Will always play no matter what
  13. Oct 22, 2013
    This is one bad ass game I love playing it online and off it is the best one I played so far and I would be lost if you took it away and that would be sad so please don't do that I ask of you
  14. Apr 2, 2014
    First of all it worked perfectly for me....I am a racer and I loved the manual shifting mode better than in any game so I was able to take turns with gear downgrade not just pressing the lame space break and then nitro i hate...the game is really short i hoped at the end that something else will happen but...anyway it was better than most of racing games

Innovation at all cost doomed NFS The Run – for every good idea comes a terrible one, and even the best ones are buried by technical issues. [Christmas 2011]
  2. Dec 27, 2011
    Tiresome racer that only takes two hours to complete, yet somehow feels longer. That's both impressive and depressing.
  3. Dec 24, 2011
    Shows how you can bury even the most original idea with lack of either bravery or fantasy. [January 2012, p.69]