Need for Speed: Underground 2 PC

8.5

1. SpankMonkey
    Nov 27, 2004
    Very fast action, nice graphics, solid gameplay. Confusing Multiplayer interface (LAN filter is stupid), a greater selection of cars like S2000 and other ricer cars, and it is missing the fine detail like each exhaust type has a unique sound & suspension types have minor differences. Brandnames have no impact unlike real life. otherwise good game.
  2. May 3, 2016
    This game is one of the best in series . Soap graphics , but cool tuning . Many different really car , awesome soundtracks , many tips of races . NFS Underground 2 wonderful game for 2004 and now can play . 7/10
  3. Nov 28, 2013
    Many game modes, can tuning the car, long time to get complete 100% and moderate AI difficulty. But the graphics is more bad than Hot Pursuit 2, worst driving physics, lacks of exotic cars and lacks of pursuit.
  4. RiseFall
    Dec 22, 2004
    I can't play to racing games WITHOUT cars damage.
  5. killahondaloosepimpdaddy
    Jan 3, 2005
    Ok not worth a ten not much improvment the only good thing is u can go around da city. Mostly the same thing only 2 new races streetx and url. i dont no how you lot can give this a 9or an 8 or 10 its not worth it som nex people hu love this game so much. Buy midnight club instead.
  6. PhilleH.
    Dec 4, 2004
    It´s greit.
  7. Flint
    Nov 11, 2004
    I dont really know how to rate this game. Id rather give it a 5 and believe IM the stupid one who cant find a way to sell the stuff I bought and transfer my uniques. They cant be so stupid, it must be just me. If you ever realize how to keep your stuff of sell them to use it with anoher car, same for the uniques, hit me at msn, xqflint@hotmail.com
    Thanks
  8. Jul 11, 2012
    Much better than the first one. The graphics are fair, but I think, it's a little worse than in 2003. The new race types are good and the drift is much better too. The tuning options are quite good. But the tracks are nearly the same again. Fortunately the traffic is not irritating too much.
  9. Feb 6, 2015
    Crashes, constant stuttering starting after a few minutes, controls settings lost frequently, no ingame way to change controls, typical heavily controlled arcade racing, which basically means that the cpu cheating to give you the challenge, of course sometimes for your sake if you are behind. Nicely done aspects but overall lacks of clear direction and playability.
  10. May 25, 2015
  11. Nov 13, 2016
    Probably my favorite NFS game of all time. The PC version unfortunetly wasnt future proofed by EA like with stuff like no native wide screen or high resolutions support, cannot bind your own controls, they simply wont save after quitting the game and lots and lots of crashes during load screens on Windows 7 machine, but atleast game always manages to save your progress before crashing. TheProbably my favorite NFS game of all time. The PC version unfortunetly wasnt future proofed by EA like with stuff like no native wide screen or high resolutions support, cannot bind your own controls, they simply wont save after quitting the game and lots and lots of crashes during load screens on Windows 7 machine, but atleast game always manages to save your progress before crashing. The AI can be a mess aswel, in many races the rubber banding is insane and during starts AI can be very agressive and spin you out or ram you while taking a corner.

Gameplay wise this game is simply a tuner fan's wet dream, no other street racing game has such attention to detail or options as U2. Driving kinda leens on simcade side, you cant drift around corners at 300 kmh like in the newer games, you have to actually brake and take them carefully. All cars feel different to drive and have unique sound unlike in first Underground where they all sounded almost the same with generic exhaust note, in U2 Subaru sounds like an actual Subaru and Supra sounds like a Supra, you get the idea. I didnt like so much the car rating system in which you have to build a 10 star car, game is forcing you to use custom car parts that you might no like ti improve it, like spinners, neons etc., but you can revert all that and build your dream car after finishing the career. Also i didnt like the big emphasis on URL races, they get quite repetative and tedious if youre not the track racing type.

Story for some will seem cringy, but for me it felt well suited for game of this type and its era, also Brooke Burke is the finest NFS babe of all time, just sayin.

Despite few flaws its still an amazing racing game, you can start the game with just one weak car and finish it with it being a super car killer.
  12. Mar 22, 2017
    The customization portion of the game is by far its most appealing aspect in my opinion. The racing mechanics are slightly above average and while the game can be challenging at times but can all be mastered with repetition. My biggest criticism of this game is the lack of a immersive story and a incomplete ending. 6/10 Decent

1. For an arcade game, it's even surprisingly playable with a steering wheel, with near misses causing no small amount of amateurish flinching. If you can't afford to attach largely pointless gadgets to your otherwise moribund vehicle, this is the next best thing. [PC Zone]
  2. Its immense thrills and spills through the open-ended city of Bayview is exhilarating, and the culture that is emerging is created in the game to great effect.
    The world is elaborate, the sense of speed is dizzying, and the customization could cost you a job or a girlfriend. But you'll still have Brooke to keep you company.