8.4

1. Sep 22, 2014
    A nice game of series Need for Speed. It's a good game, I really do not what to say. Ok .. the truth is that after a while ...boring. Music and items in the game are ok.
  2. Feb 15, 2013
    Im gonna review some old games starting with everyone's favourite. NFS U2 is the second Underground game in NFS and some people its better than Underground 1, to me I think yeah it is better, this game is one of the best games ever made its so, it brings back a lot of memories thats what I was trying to say, the graphics are good 2004 and the funny thing once my friend played GTA SA and IIm gonna review some old games starting with everyone's favourite. NFS U2 is the second Underground game in NFS and some people its better than Underground 1, to me I think yeah it is better, this game is one of the best games ever made its so, it brings back a lot of memories thats what I was trying to say, the graphics are good 2004 and the funny thing once my friend played GTA SA and I thought he was playing U2 (NOT THE BAND U2 THE GAME UNDERGROUND The career mode is a huge challenge or just drive and explore the city and find some cool Easter eggs. The multiplayer is also challenging but most of all the songs in U2 are so catchy that you won't be able to stop thinking about U2 or the song. So in the end, I more than happy give Need For Speed: Underground 2, 9/10. Expand
  3. Jan 23, 2013
    To get through massive real estate of Bay-view and fulfill your destiny as an import tuning master, you'll need to do several things. First of them is racing: which is to win races and you'll progress. But its not just racing, it's the way you progress. The game encourages you to explore many nuances, to become a part of the "lifestyle", and its in many ways it reward you for doing it so.To get through massive real estate of Bay-view and fulfill your destiny as an import tuning master, you'll need to do several things. First of them is racing: which is to win races and you'll progress. But its not just racing, it's the way you progress. The game encourages you to explore many nuances, to become a part of the "lifestyle", and its in many ways it reward you for doing it so. There are strategically placed stack of cashed waiting to be collected, there are few shortcuts, glowing rings of color presenting races, opportunities and garages. sometimes you could get bored playing this game as there is not enough hidden stuff to keep your interest high, you can drop out of the career mode's explore mode and enter world map. The difference is that explore mode enables you to drive freely around the city looking for races, getting lost in Run Out races and being distracted by shops and garages. Expand
  4. Jan 17, 2014
    I played this a lot as a kid. To this day it's still the best racing game i've ever played. It's amazing. None of the other NFS games even come close to the amount of perfection Underground 2 has.
  5. Jun 10, 2011
    In this game you are a racing driver in a city which hardly resembles Los Angeles. The graphics are not so good but the game is really interesting. Your guide through the game will be Rachel and a guy which only calls you. The races are quite interesting but some people will get bored after playing a while. I'm not one these people. I can play it for a long time. I did not understand theIn this game you are a racing driver in a city which hardly resembles Los Angeles. The graphics are not so good but the game is really interesting. Your guide through the game will be Rachel and a guy which only calls you. The races are quite interesting but some people will get bored after playing a while. I'm not one these people. I can play it for a long time. I did not understand the story but that isn't very bad for me. The tuning in this game is awesome, the best in series (in my opinion). Only autosculpt parts are missing (first appeared in Carbon). Some people who have played newer NFS games like Most Wanted will say that there is no police. But I don't really like the police so it's good for me. Soundtracks are good for example Black Betty by Spiderbait that really makes you going fast. Physics are not so good because this a fun arcade game, not a hardcore simulator. I have very good memories about this game so that will be higher score for me.
    Only bad thing is the final race is too easy. Easier than some drag races.

Graphics:8
    Gameplay:10
    Sounds:9
    Story:(Don't want to count it)
  6. Aug 31, 2012
    A fresh breath for the genre for "its era". I know this review is due but i just happened to drop this down while im roaming around the site. What a nice touch overall, still remember the fun of the race and customization options. Second best after NFS: Porsche Unleashed ;)
  7. Sep 22, 2014
    **************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
  8. May 3, 2013
    Need for Speed: Underground 2 is the sequel of the original 2003 game.

Like the previous one, the game centers around the import and tuning culture. The games features very similar game play style like the previous one, but with changes of course. The Career is not no longer so linear, and features Free Roam, as well with other additions, like new race modes, such as Outrun, when
    Need for Speed: Underground 2 is the sequel of the original 2003 game.

Like the previous one, the game centers around the import and tuning culture.

The Career is not no longer so linear, and features Free Roam, as well with other additions, like new race modes, such as Outrun, when you must outdistance your opponent to win, more areas like the BayView Airport, and a much bigger city.

The Career is obviously different, featuring different style of game play and areas.

Also it doesn't have anymore the option to choose a race's difficulty, only the whole event's difficulty, by changing the Career Difficulty.

Most of the race types have been kept, others added, but removed as well. For instance, the game no longer features Knock-Out Circuits, but also added Outruns.

Other races have also been changed a bit, like the Tournament, now called URL(Underground Racing League) being simultaneously similar, but different. It's still a stage-style race, but featured on special race tracks, and even on the airport, while the original game featured the races in the city.

Also both different from the original game, the sequel also has some places that aren't accessible to the player in Free Roam, such as certain drag tracks, but drift and URL tracks aren't accessible as well.

There have also been changes to the original racing style, the Drift races are now playable not only on special areas, but also in parts of the city, in Jackson Heights.

Beyond the game style, the cars handling feels different, by not being so responsive, which in the original it was sometimes ridiculous, but is also worse on higher speeds, by requiring to make long and strong brakes to take certain corners.

Also the cutscenes are different from the original game, while the old ones where presented in a cinematic mod, the new ones are having a sort of interesting animated magazines, but presented in a High Quality way(but not cinematic like in the original ones).

So, the final verdict.

NFS:U2 Took the best and most important parts from the original one, and made them even better, but still with some flaws.

Overall the game is great, and I still say that it should be played this days, by having a good replay value, an interesting city, and a good plot.
  9. May 10, 2013
    This game is one of the best racing games, in my opinion. But the game has a problem: near the end of the game, it seems that the producers made the final part in a hurry, repeating the same challenges, making me lose the will to play. But, yes, This is a good game. Oh, and of course, this is the best game in the NFS series.
  10. Nov 1, 2013
    Whilst undoubtedly fun to play for a short time, this game rapidly becomes dull in the extreme. There are only a few different types of events to enter and the obligatory "car upgrade" ideas are also kind of dull. In short, a console game that wasn't improved when it was ported to the PC, with limited gameplay options.

I suppose if you are a car freak then its much more entertaining but

I suppose if you are a car freak then its much more entertaining but I'm not, so this also became more than a little dull.

Good things: A real sense of speed and action. The cars appear to handle quite realistically. Its fun with a steering wheel and foot-pedals.

Bad things: The cars are indestructible. Some of the simplest tactics involve running competitors off the road and torpedoing around corners without slowing down because you "bounce" off the scenery. The way you can replay races endlessly until you win them is also lame.

Summary: Fun for a little while, but lack of gameplay depth quickly bores you to tears and there aren't even any pedestrians or small, furry pets to squash to keep you amused.
  11. Nov 27, 2013
    Great game, had everything a gamer would expect and more. Had hundreds of hours on my crappy Celeron M laptop with this game at 20 FPS back in the day. I personally don't really fancy the police chases, so this game was perfect for me.
  12. Aug 23, 2014
    I really liked this game, I have finished Single Player and I like a lot when you get new parts and the engine sound will change specifically to each car. They are also very detailed and it's not a very hardware intensive game, too bad it crashes sometimes and you get the impression it's something in the game, but it doesn't stop you from having fun since it happens only on occasion. TheI really liked this game, I have finished Single Player and I like a lot when you get new parts and the engine sound will change specifically to each car. They are also very detailed and it's not a very hardware intensive game, too bad it crashes sometimes and you get the impression it's something in the game, but it doesn't stop you from having fun since it happens only on occasion. The races, the drag races, sprints, circuits everything is fun, and compared to other NFS series titles this one has the advantage of lacking police in a good sense, the street racers have taken over Bayview (the city where everything happens), and you don't need to evade a very difficult police pursuit after racing. The cars are also very detailed and follow up with their respective in real life models with all details, you can customize their headlights, taillights and add new parts that could've been modeled by a mechanic. For me the best part is customizing a vehicle, also there are SUVs for racing, even doing drifting with them, altough there are fewer models, but they also retain characteristics such as being really heavy or having a powerful enough engine. The story is also good, I feel like that character is struggling when everything and everyone are against him, the only friends he got is the people from the shops he visits and sometimes other NPCs will SMS you with new locations or tell you where some undisclosed races are being held for better prizes. What is kind of odd is that you have to go everywhere you want to race in order to complete and you can't do a simple jump to race as in NFS Most Wanted 1, but ok. Expand
  13. Dec 10, 2014
    One of the best NFS for me. Amazing cars, theme, environment, fun races, challenging campaign, memorable races and a nice soundtrack, much better than the ones in the later games. And the tuning was amazing... the whole concept of street racing was kinda new. And there was little to none focus on the story, which is awesome, because racing games don't really need a plot. It might as wellOne of the best NFS for me. Amazing cars, theme, environment, fun races, challenging campaign, memorable races and a nice soundtrack, much better than the ones in the later games. And the tuning was amazing... the whole concept of street racing was kinda new. And there was little to none focus on the story, which is awesome, because racing games don't really need a plot. It might as well just get in the way, like what happened (to me, at last) with Carbon, Undercover and even Most Wanted. The only problem is that it is very repetitive, but I never found myself bored of it. Expand

1. For an arcade game, it's even surprisingly playable with a steering wheel, with near misses causing no small amount of amateurish flinching. If you can't afford to attach largely pointless gadgets to your otherwise moribund vehicle, this is the next best thing. [PC Zone]
  2. Its immense thrills and spills through the open-ended city of Bayview is exhilarating, and the culture that is emerging is created in the game to great effect.
  3. The world is elaborate, the sense of speed is dizzying, and the customization could cost you a job or a girlfriend. But you'll still have Brooke to keep you company.