5.5

1. Aug 23, 2014
    This game is great I made a lot of new friends and I feel like it has been a positive experience that has taught me how to drive better in the real life (wear your seatbelt and race only in circuits, have professional technicians see if your car can run in real life), too bad that the original disbanded, but you got a descent administration and I did see people who cheat (the biggest concern of any online game) get disciplined or even banned on occasion, of course people need to report cheaters if they see one. The cars have rotations and you can buy something new the next week if you got enough cash. You can race, evade cops, do a drag race and do a team pursuit. Any mode is fun and you also get achievements from stuff you do (Racing a lot, evading road blocks, collecting specific cars and even using power ups too much), and there are 4 servers with two different regions for Europe and America. All fun if you can take things with a grain of salt and don't get bothered with people who are sometimes rude in chat, simply close the window if it happens. Expand
  2. Aug 14, 2014
    Cheaters everywhere and the best pay to win game i've ever played.What can i say else?If you want to get mad or you are too happy with your life this game is your answer!
  3. Jun 29, 2014
    Wouldn't have installed it if it wasn't free, given the very low quality of games EA has published in the last ten years.

Sucked .Uninstalled after 10 minutes. Free to Fail.

Low-quality, poor production value sales gimmick for "boost", and by that i mean you pay real money for any performance. This is utter trash and simply a scam to sucker kids.
  4. Mar 27, 2014
    It is not what i expected on this video game . I thought you get police and kick there but turns out i am wrong in fact there is no police in this game which sucks because we've all seen need for speed movie . its disappointed .Grade C -
  5. Mar 25, 2014
    In the game need for speed world it seems good because it is free, but I played for 30 min and I got bored.
    What makes this game bad is the fact that it is almost impossible to get cash and you need to spend real money in order to buy a car that is actually nice. This is by far the worst need for speed game ever.
  6. Jan 26, 2014
    Feel like it has become a part of my life,the world is just like a city,a combination of rockport and palmont,there are some cheaters around,but i never mind them..most of the time its fair play..and if people want to blame the game for seeing some people zoom around here and there,blame your internet connection,the game cant sent you everything every second and the game keeps other cars rotating around their exact position and thus you will feel the car moves 1000kph for a second and then stops..its just because it cant tell you everything in a second,if you have a faster internet connection,blame their connection Expand
  7. Jan 25, 2014
    OK... I get that there will be some overpowered cars but ALL S/A Class cars are PAID!
    Then when I try to pay there is no such option for Bulgaria ... they have to rename it to "Need for Speed: World limited***"
  8. Dec 1, 2013
    How could anybody say this free? You have to pay 100 bucks! Atleast graphics and everything else is good, but boost costs bit too much. Just bad, just bad...
  9. Oct 26, 2013
    An amazing multiplayer online racing game, this one is a classic. Featuring amazing cars, the classic treasure hunt, and the all time favorite races, the game simply is amazing.
  10. Jun 18, 2013
    really cool game actually but cheating is rampant, and the servers are becoming ghost towns because of it. EA has done nothing about it for months and clearly doesn't plan on it.
  11. Feb 21, 2013
    This game is fun and well made with no bugs, but it just gets boring quickly after a few hours, the world just isnt that large to explore, thats my main issue with this game other then that the cars are great, so are the circuts, sprint races, and cop chases, also the customizing. I would recommend this game since it is a good free racing game for anyone interested in them.
  12. Nov 13, 2012
    the controls, oh gawd, the controls... the unequal bandwidth... oh dear virgin mary, these are the only two things wrong with the game, but they certainly keep it from reaching it's potential, you will play, and just when you need to turn quickly, you crash into the wall, head-first, and if you try and race someone, they will jitter and zoom ahead of you, but it looks dazzling, it can be classed as a tron: legacy-esque game, both in style, and in the fact that... well, it seems rather half-assed, but in every other regard, it is still a great game, certainly miles better than undercover *shudders* Expand
  13. Nov 13, 2012
    sometimes, the controls are sluggish, but it is still a modern, sci-fiesque, fast-paced blast of a game, it upholds the reputation of the series, and it far exceeds some other online games i know of... *cough*QUAKE*cough*
  14. Nov 12, 2012
    really cool game, they really got the pursuit system right this time, the only time they've done it right since most wanted: carbon and undercover were far too easy, the gameplay is solid, and exploring never gets old
  15. Nov 12, 2012
    a highly entertaining and satisfying game, it maintains the high standards we've come to expect from the need for speed franchise, it is stylish, fast-paced, and incredibly beautiful...
  16. Aug 25, 2012
    This is very fun game and can get very addictive. The game still quite glitchy especially on the loading screens. The visual customization is great just like most new need for speed games but the performance customization could use more parts and options. There are a wide variety of cars but you have to pay "Boost' for it. Boost is another in game currency that you have to pay money for. The graphics are good for a free to play game. The world is huge and there are quite a few races. It may not be a racing sim it worth a try if you just want to have some fun racing with your friends for free. Expand
  17. Aug 9, 2012
    As much as I can appreciate a free 2 play game with decent graphics and customization elements, Need for Speed World is an unorganized, cash-in attempt on the NFS series with pay-2-win in mind as you struggle against people that's several levels above you with superior cars in the very first minutes you join.

Stay away from this game.
  18. Mar 13, 2012
    Need for Speed: World could have been a great game. It has a huge open world consisting of both Rockport and Palmont City. It has quite a selection of cars and they all handle fairly predictably, as you would expect. Unfortunately, this game is the absolute essence of 'Pay to Win', with powerups like Nitrous and the ability to turn the car in front of you into a Traffic Magnet, and the ability to purchase almost every car in the game directly with Microtransactions. Many of the customization options are also only available to those with fat wallets. This turns the game from a fun and competitive racer into a frustrating race to open your wallet so you can win. The game also seems to have a problem with hackers.

Overall, if you own any of the earlier Need for Speed titles and two controllers, you will have infinitely more fun than you ever will here. The Pursuit modes are quite entertaining, but largely unchanged apart from the ability to play them in a multiplayer mode. And generally playing them with random people can be as much fun as it can be frustrating.

It's unfortunate, it has a lot of potential but the removal of the Drag Racing and Drift Modes in the game means you can only ever race or do pursuit on the same tracks in Most Wanted and Carbon, minus the Mountain tracks. The removal of the Roll-Up races from Free Roam mean that the enormous place you have to drive around in is just a Lobby and much of the multiplayer Races are plagued by people who use as many powerups as humanly possible, hackers or people who just try to smash everyone off the road. They should have taken some hints from Burnout Paradise and went with their own game but instead they just turned a great concept into an undercooked Pay to Winfest.

There aren't many online racing games, but try to avoid this one.
  19. Jan 26, 2012
    Was not overly impressed with this, but hop into it from time to time to see if it's changing/improving. And it is fun in short bursts but not nearly as fun as any of the other Need for Speed titles.
  20. Nov 26, 2011
    This game isn't free. It's like free demo, you must play money for everything, i dont know gae that is F2P and u need to pay for levels, only WoW has something like NFS:World, in WoW u can play to 20 lvls for free, but WoW is still P2P. Graphics is ugly, and u must pay for everything... I don't recommend.
  21. Sep 18, 2011
    No spoilers here, nothing to spoil. I downloaded the game a while ago but have been busy playing some others. So I tried to log into the servers about 4-5 days ago. Since I wasn't able to I checked the status, it said: "The servers are up and running" in green with the little green light. Well, it also said, "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Thank you for your patience." It's been 4-5 days later and it still says the same thing. Tried to reinstall, did everything all the FAQs and suggestions that were E-MAILED to me AFTER the fact that someone on their live chat told me I'd have to wait to play the game. Well there have been a few posts that people have made so I guess some people have been playing it. I can't even log into the thing. The oddest part of all is that I was told I'd have to wait a couple of hours and try again. I don't really fancy sitting around to find out how horrible it will be in game. They did a promo with Tony's Pizza recently and I realize it may be that promo overloading the servers. However they should have known that might happen. Furthermore the free $5 is really $5 off. The free to play, I have confirmed with many people isn't free past level 10 and the game isn't worth 10 cents. I will never be purchasing any EA game in the future, least of all their most expensive ones. If their customer service is that bad, why should I continue to purchase their games on my consoles either? It just shows them that the consumers are pushovers and that they can take their money and then deny access to the game to these players, hide their posts in the forums and in general, act like immature little children instead of business running adults. Time to grow up and take some responsibility for your screw ups. Sorry guys, that's the lay of the land. Besides you should have some honor!

Time for us to take the power back guys, frankly I'm sick of this dodgy crap. Why you ask? Well I tried to resolve it with them and they replied with vague responses instead of simply confirming that there actually is a problem in the game, they just lead me in circles. Do yourself a favor and find a better free to play game.
  22. Feb 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game appears to be fun at first, but after awhile you start to feel the problems with it. The net code for multi-player games is horrid, cars will zip all over the road often ramming you to bits. Sometimes they will disappear entirely only to reappear a few seconds later as they zip by you at a 1,000 miles an hour and give you a whack on there way back to where they should be if they hadn't disappeared.

The customization is average at best, there are pretty basic performance parts for the cars you can buy, and you have a chance to win better ones from the card system at the end of races. Other than the parts you cant customize your cars performance really at all. Also the numbers that supposedly rate your cars stats (Acceleration, Top Speed, Handling) are utter bogus randomly useless numbers. They have no meaning when compared to any other car from what i was able to see.

The graphics are pretty good, but not amazing. There is NO WAY to rebind keys, or setup game-pad/Driving Wheels to be used with the game aside from the ones that are listed on there website.

The pursuit portion of the game is OK, its nothing new, and not any better than previous NFS games.

They constantly push the "Speedboost" in-game currency you pay real money for to get an edge up. If you really enjoy the game it would be worth it for the Rep/Money multipliers, otherwise I cant justify giving away money for game in such a poor state.

In closing it seems like its only about 1/3 of a game, like its a early beta test; sadly its been live for about 7 months. Still needs a lot of work, but all they are interested in doing is creating more things to spend the "Speedboost" currency's on. The best feature of Need for Speed World: it's technically free...
  23. Jan 16, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No. This game isn't free. You need to pay 20 bucks to you reach higher levels. What is annoying in this game is the fact that no one plays the game because is fun or enjoys speed, people play only to earn reputation (works as XP, like in RPG games) that make you unlock stuff. The game doesn't have much cars, circuits, racing modes, personalization, what makes this game even worse. The only thing that makes this game fun is the cop chases. Oh my god, that's so fun. Expand
  24. Sep 13, 2010
    Now that the game is totally free, you can go to level 50 without paying a cent, which is great, because you unlock cars, decals, map territory as you progress. Too bad sometimes evade and busted meters are unfairly frustrating, A.I. cars are either pros or noobs (i feel that there is a catch-up) and there are some lags. You can't customise controls or fully experience the game with a controller. As a free game. It is great. Ignore Alan250's review. Expand
  25. Sep 8, 2010
    Its a beautiful game and very entertaining.
    The police pursuits are always fun and challenging.
    With new modes, cars and parts shop, this game will only get better.
    For a cheap price you get a great game that delivers.... with speed!
  26. Sep 3, 2010
    No. This game isn't free. You need to pay 20 bucks to you reach higher levels.
    The
  27. Aug 9, 2012

Stay away from this game.

1. Dec 24, 2010
    This is neither a great racing game nor a particularly terrible one, but it does feel like a missed opportunity. [Issue#244, p.108]
    In an nutshell, Need for Speed World is an online racer masquerading as an MMO, where there is really very little player interaction at all. The open world is a glorified queuing system, and there is far too much grinding between upgrades, and far too little difference between the upgrades themselves.
  3. Need for Speed: World seems to be an experiment on EA's behalf, and it shows. There are other, better games in the long-running series, and it's really only the low pricepoint that sets World apart from its brethren. If you're looking for the next big racing thing, look elsewhere.