8.6

1. Mar 11, 2011
    Brilliant expansion for a brilliant game.
    It's nice that Bioware has given us another aspect of the D&D setting to explore, and hasn't just stuck to the typical caves, dungeons and big cities.
    This also adds quite a bit to the multiplayer aspects of the game. I've seen plenty of servers add an underdark to their PW, and greatly benefited from it.
  2. MortenE.
    Dec 8, 2003
    Extremely good game if you liked the past games in the series you will love this game.
  3. Meert
    Dec 8, 2003
    It's really an epic scope adventure. You can't just breeze through hacking and slashing everyone else. You make your choices throughout the game and these choices do change the outcome of the game.
  4. JohnV.
    Dec 3, 2003
    Wow , Bioware did a really great job with this game. HoTU puts SoU to shame. A must buy for anyone who likes Neverwinter Nights.
    Feb 25, 2004
    Great game, better storyline than the previous 2 games.
  6. PatrickO.
    Nov 27, 2003
    Even better than the first expansion pack...amazing graphics and storyline!
  7. JamesC.
    Nov 29, 2003
    Freakin awesome!
  8. Aug 3, 2014
    In case of Hordes of the Underdark I was still confused what is everybody raving about. I mostly hated dungeons and interiors in the original NWN, so my logic was - How can an expansion located mostly underground be so good? After playing through this, I understand it perfectly. Hordes of the Underdark is by far the best adventure from the Neverwinter Nights era that Bioware produced and IIn case of Hordes of the Underdark I was still confused what is everybody raving about. I mostly hated dungeons and interiors in the original NWN, so my logic was - How can an expansion located mostly underground be so good? After playing through this, I understand it perfectly. Hordes of the Underdark is by far the best adventure from the Neverwinter Nights era that Bioware produced and I wouldn't even hesitate to say that this time, the story was even on Baldur's Gate quality levels. Amazing story, characters, quests and that final ultimate epicness, hmmmm, that right there is the good stuff fans of the BG series have been eagerly waiting for and it definitely puts Neverwinter Nights into the good light and maybe even let it slightly peak into the classic hall of fame, not really there with the best, but almost. 9/10 Expand
  9. Nov 26, 2015
    My alltime favourite. I've finished this expansion many times with many different build types and i will do it again sooner or later. Best Bioware game and one of the best pc games with d&d setting in history.

1. You’re not likely to find another game that lets you skip the pansy levels and move onto the dragon-smiting immediately.
  2. Those of you who are invested in the series will be very happy with the new features and the 15 to 20 hours of single player hack-and-slash action that this expansion offers.
  3. Computer Gaming World
    Has that woefully underbaked, released-just-in-time-for-the-holidays taint to it, and that's just a colossal shame, because underneath that nastiness is a great, great expansion. [Mar 2004, p.78]