• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Jun 16, 2002
8.1

1. Thesith
    Sep 1, 2006
    With power to make huge dungeons,towering citys, and even a area where master chief gives you plasma grenades this is a truley good game prefect for dungeons and dragons addicters like myself.Most of you say this lacks party abilty while even though you can have servers with over 60 people in it.You can make your own items, dungeons, storys, chacters,and even a easy way to cheat by giving With power to make huge dungeons,towering citys, and even a area where master chief gives you plasma grenades this is a truley good game prefect for dungeons and dragons addicters like myself.Most of you say this lacks party abilty while even though you can have servers with over 60 people in it.You can make your own items, dungeons, storys, chacters,and even a easy way to cheat by giving yourself custom items. At only 20$ for the game and 3 more with it its a good game worth it. Expand
  2. Nov 2, 2011
    Very good game despite being single PC with 0 full-control NPCs (1-2 partial control NPCs). Awesome customizability and moddiblity. Excellent story in the single player campaign. Character customization is unparalleled and with the aid of some modpacks even some x-rated mods that caused a tightening down in NWN2 (but at least they dindn't go as far as Civ5 and StarCraft 2 where the gameVery good game despite being single PC with 0 full-control NPCs (1-2 partial control NPCs). Awesome customizability and moddiblity. Excellent story in the single player campaign. Character customization is unparalleled and with the aid of some modpacks even some x-rated mods that caused a tightening down in NWN2 (but at least they dindn't go as far as Civ5 and StarCraft 2 where the game company tyrannically controls your game and your mods to control both piracy and lawsuits). Expand
  3. Mar 11, 2011
    I quite enjoyed the campaign on NWN. It wasn't as gripping as I'd like, but not bad.
    The aspect that really makes Neverwinter Nights shine is its multiplayer. NWN has one of the best multiplayer bases I've ever seen. Bioware letting people do multiplayer for themselves was brilliant on their part, and I hope they do this in further games.
    NWN does contain a few issues and faults/flaws in
    NWN does contain a few issues and faults/flaws in the D&D rules conversion and I have had a few issues when playing, but NWN's amazing gameplay and fantastic community easily make up for it. I encourage anyone interested in old school RPGs to try NWN, as it is, in my opinion, the best out there.
    It's a shame Bioware doesn't go back to it's roots.
  4. ZahruR.
    Apr 21, 2003
    Oh... my god!!! This is the best RPG game i ever play in my life. Bravo BIOWARE... Bravo!!!
  5. Mar 25, 2011
    Truly brilliant game, this game not just gave an excellent single player but spawned the biggest friendliest, mod community I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of. Oh and it also allowed some of the best multiplayer of all time.
  6. Jun 16, 2011
    Neverwinter Nights is -still- an amazing game. Thats why I still play it so many years after release. While the graphics may be quite dated by todays standards, and servers are all tiny compared to the smallest MMO, the level of control and customization possible utterly destroys any MMO in the roleplaying department. There are hundreds, if not thousands of user created adventuresNeverwinter Nights is -still- an amazing game. Thats why I still play it so many years after release. While the graphics may be quite dated by todays standards, and servers are all tiny compared to the smallest MMO, the level of control and customization possible utterly destroys any MMO in the roleplaying department. There are hundreds, if not thousands of user created adventures available on the NWN vault. I would say that the DnD 3.5 rules might baffle some people, but as a DnD game it loses no points for following its source too closely. The toolset and CEP are great for creating your own worlds and customized settings, wether Wheel of Time, Lord of the Rings, or even Harry Potter (The Harry Potter one was surprisingly good, but I havn't checked in years) Heres the server i'm trying to kickstart at the moment, its a Wheel of Time server: Website: http://tabularasa.prophpbb.com/ Version: 1.69 Required Haks: CEP (2.3)/2.4 Direct Connect: 212.69.53.38:5121 CEP 2.3/2.4 will be available on the NWN Vault site, its about 1gb unfortunately but the resources are needed to make a nice world for the minimum of fuss and hassle. Expand
  7. Jul 30, 2011
    Best RPG I've seen so far. I only play the multiplayer part and have been playing and also building some for many years. It is a great and versatile game. You wont need MMO's after you played this once...
  8. Jul 22, 2012
    NWN is one of my all time favourite games... the single player was fantastic the multiplayer on the 3-4 persistant worlds i played on was fantastic although heavy after market scripting was needed to make them work so great, NWN2 was heavily buggy and very disapointing.......... NWN1 is the paramount PC dungeons and dragons game
  9. FarhadA.
    Jul 11, 2002
    Ignore Jake M.'s score, I agree that there is a lot of text in the game, but it's there to engross and submerge you into the games atmosphere. The beginging section is very slow and gentle to give you a thorough overview of the games mechanics. Stick with it a while and you will get into the game. It's like Diablo 2 but with better graphics, the amazing story and the best Ignore Jake M.'s score, I agree that there is a lot of text in the game, but it's there to engross and submerge you into the games atmosphere. The beginging section is very slow and gentle to give you a thorough overview of the games mechanics. Stick with it a while and you will get into the game. It's like Diablo 2 but with better graphics, the amazing story and the best LAN gaming since Counter-Strike. Only it's an RPG. The scope of this game is gigantic, it's a long and enjoyable game. Bioware has outdone themselves. Expand
  10. Oct 26, 2011
    The most authentic online D&D game to date. The experiences in role-play on multiplayer servers are perhaps the most unique and genuinely interesting stories online because you are helping create them. The builder is excellent, the only thing better for people without code savvy is NWN2! Neverwinter has aged well, despite issues needing major patches in the beginning, it now allows forThe most authentic online D&D game to date. The experiences in role-play on multiplayer servers are perhaps the most unique and genuinely interesting stories online because you are helping create them. The builder is excellent, the only thing better for people without code savvy is NWN2! Neverwinter has aged well, despite issues needing major patches in the beginning, it now allows for low-spec online gaming great for laptops. I honestly never got further then 20 hours or so in the story line simply because PLAYER MADE SERVERS RULE. Multiple DMs catering to your ever Rped whim (for good or ill) makes for the best plots. For example, I once played a dark skinned half-elf & was involved in multiple Dwarven hate-crimes, hunted down for sport as Drow. After a week of struggle, there was a political uproar.. I would log on and have bodyguards come come to my aid, spies search for the perpetrators so as to bear witness in the player made court system, and we hunted them as criminals. NO other online game can even attempt to offer this quality of story & it was all player made impromptu RP. If you want real D&D experiences with realistic RP, short of a few MUDs, you will be hard pressed to find it in any other graphical RPGs. As a DM it is endlessly fun to design new campaigns; it's so accurate that one can beta test P&P games in NWN as a simulator. Neverwinter Nights is truly one of the greatest games ever made because they let their players create campaigns with wonderful world building and DM tools. Even with almost 100 people, DMing is smooth, made easier then p&p because the dice rolls and tabulation are automated, plus access to all conversation logs etc. so that the DM can foreshadow and plan for any event. Neverwinter Nights is revolutionary, so far ahead of it's time that modern MMORPG struggle to create atmospheres like NwNs and fail: where major corporations spend millions Bioware gave the power to the players... it turns out we love the stories more then the people paid to write them. It also helps when your guiding lights are Gary Gygax & R.A. Salvatore. Expand
  11. Jun 22, 2011
    If you like complex, involving RPGs, you'll love this one. Of course there is a lot of reading -- it's an RPG (duh!!!!), the reading is a great part of the game and is well done (as is the case with any BioWare game) and helps get involved with the characters, story, and role-play. The character creation and development is even better than it was in BGII and IWD, giving you more optionsIf you like complex, involving RPGs, you'll love this one. Of course there is a lot of reading -- it's an RPG (duh!!!!), the reading is a great part of the game and is well done (as is the case with any BioWare game) and helps get involved with the characters, story, and role-play. The character creation and development is even better than it was in BGII and IWD, giving you more options and possibilities for customization. You really grow attached to you character as s/he is the only thing you directly control (as opposed to a party of 6). Personally, I LOVED the OC (and especially SOU and HOTU expansions) but I can see how it would get a bit tedious. Even so, the toolset and online play provided by the game far make up for it. If you have half a brain, like to read and enjoy RPGs, especially Baldur's Gate, this game is for you! Expand
  12. Nov 17, 2011
    This is the 2nd game i will never ever get bored of playing.. A true masterpiece in RPG , stunning plot,quests,hours of gameplay,perfect D&D elements..
  13. Apr 16, 2012
    With the large world map and long story line it's a game that fits perfectly in my game collection. And in my opinion the best game of Bioware. The only problem for me was that at the beginning of this game it's really hard to find a way to level. Most of the quests are to difficult to do. But with the great online game play and great story line it's a perfect game.
  14. Jun 9, 2012
    What makes Neverwinter Nights interesing? There are many toolkits to create your own RPG games, but Neverwinter Nights also supported live DM, it also supported online play, ability to use multiple servers, and run persistent worlds. Some Neverwinter Nights persistent worlds were like small MMO games, and it was among the first possibility to create "fan made MMOs". With multiple expansionWhat makes Neverwinter Nights interesing? There are many toolkits to create your own RPG games, but Neverwinter Nights also supported live DM, it also supported online play, ability to use multiple servers, and run persistent worlds. Some Neverwinter Nights persistent worlds were like small MMO games, and it was among the first possibility to create "fan made MMOs". With multiple expansion packs, including a community made free expansion pack (CEP). It is a long term classic.

Some would say: "But we didn't like some of the official story". But that story was mostly there to show us what is possible, and they certainly had more entertainment value than any other examples you would offer to would be developers. So in this genre where you create your adventures the story was considered good, but not as good as a stand alone store focused RPG.
  15. Enthasius
    Jul 9, 2002
    A superb RPG with a great plot, interesting features, and finally a game which you actually dodge, jump and duck from the enemy's attack. Unfortunately, due to the multiplayer feature, it seems that you can only have one henchman, which is a bit of a bummer. Two henchmen would be great, but still, This game has most things a Rpg player needs, if you don't mind reading, that is.
  16. LewisB.
    Jun 25, 2002
    Simply the best role (roll) playing computer game since the days of Wizardry and the early Ultimas. This thing is stunning in it's detail, it's faithfulness to the rules of D&D3, and it's game play. The radial menu interface is fast and gives you all your options right in the game screen without having to journey through a lot of screens. The only drawback is that you ahve Simply the best role (roll) playing computer game since the days of Wizardry and the early Ultimas. This thing is stunning in it's detail, it's faithfulness to the rules of D&D3, and it's game play. The radial menu interface is fast and gives you all your options right in the game screen without having to journey through a lot of screens. The only drawback is that you ahve to "manage" your inventory and move things around. They should have learned their lesson for Diablo II and automated the inventory management. Expand
  17. MarkM.
    Jun 29, 2002
    Immersive, detailed, rich, complex -- all these are apt adjectives for this amazingly addictive crpg. Character development is endless, (all) stats are important regardless of class, the music/sound helps to enhance the mood, and the world feels truly organic. The graphics aren't the greatest, but they're the only considerable reservation i have for this game. Otherwise, bring it on!
  18. ArnoldC.
    Jul 12, 2002
    I don't know what game Jake was playing but it doesn't sound like the game i've been playing and enjoying. I had no problem with the 'reading' aspect of the game, i found using my brain helped getting over that wee technical difficulty. This game is Brilliant, Addictive and Detailed.
  19. Thebobmaster
    Jul 16, 2002
    NWN sets a new standard for computer RPG's. It makes Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Dungeon Siege and Diablo 2 look miniscule in comparison. The game is huge. That is an understatement. The story, altough a LITTLE cliche'd, is engrossing otherwise. The sound is amazing. The voice acting can send chills down your spine at times. The graphics are top-notch, full of deatil that NWN sets a new standard for computer RPG's. It makes Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Dungeon Siege and Diablo 2 look miniscule in comparison. The game is huge. That is an understatement. The story, altough a LITTLE cliche'd, is engrossing otherwise. The sound is amazing. The voice acting can send chills down your spine at times. The graphics are top-notch, full of deatil that really brings out the games atmosphere. The ONLY problem though, is that you must have a computer that can push some serious meat, otherwise this thing looks and plays like garbage, and sometimes wont play at all. If you intend on playing NWN and any other games in the future, I suggest you invest in a new Video Card and some more RAM. It will be well worth it. Expand
    Jul 4, 2002
    Brilliant!
  21. KevinV.
    Jul 23, 2002
    This game is terrific and engrossing. Anyone who doesn't want to read in a game should not play RPG's!
  22. HarmL.
    Aug 21, 2002
    NWN is a great game. Just as Morrowind is. But the two games are very different. In Morrowind you feel the sand blown into your eyes. In NWN everyone is trying to get you emotionaly involved (scare the hell out of you when they are aggressive). NWN is perhaps a little to lively for RPG players who want to recalculate every result.
  23. Dave
    Mar 5, 2005
    I just finished playing Icewind Dale 1, and that kinda got boring, i was just like playing BG but with different backgrounds... This game, Well I borrowed it from a friend and well loved it so much I went and bought it. It is very addictive. When I play it I loose all track of time, its like, "oh i'll finish this one spot and quit..." and next thing you know, it's 2 or 3 hours I just finished playing Icewind Dale 1, and that kinda got boring, i was just like playing BG but with different backgrounds... This game, Well I borrowed it from a friend and well loved it so much I went and bought it. It is very addictive. When I play it I loose all track of time, its like, "oh i'll finish this one spot and quit..." and next thing you know, it's 2 or 3 hours later. The Toolset program with it is the best, the only problem, there isn't much of a tutorial or instructions with it. The game should come with 2 books. One for the rules of the game, the other for using the toolset. It took me a better part of 3 days trying to learn how to place doors in my maps. Over all, one of the Best RPG games out there. I don't care what anyone says... Expand
  24. GabeA.
    Dec 22, 2002
    I love this game its one of the best i ever played. i hope you will make a sequel to this game.
  25. Mike
    Aug 23, 2002
    NWN is easily one of the best games I have played in a long while. Everything is worked wonderfully. The story line is interesting to say the least (though not as compelling as the Final Fantasies), The Multiplayer keeps the game's value high, and the visual effects are awesome. I would definitley recommend this game without a doubt.
  26. Nov 26, 2010
    I loved from the beginning, it was easy to play and had a lot of cheats which at that point was a plus. Reading a lot, hasn't a version in spanish but it is a superb one. MUST have on your Collection
  27. Apr 27, 2011
    This game is old, but I would still recommend it to any hardcore RPG player. The story in the campaign isn't particularly strong, hence why I deducted a mark for it, but the gameplay and the platform has kept me playing for the past six or so years.
  28. I
    Aug 4, 2003
    This is the best single player rpg I have ever played. The onlything I didnt like was the limeted choice for henchmen. Even so it had an intracit story and sidquests galore.
  29. R.F.
    Jul 8, 2002
    What is unbelieveable about this game is the sheer power of the customizable modules. This platform could literally be ported to any type of game. Just make the graphics, design the experience, and bingo - recreate any game, book, movie you want. This game is amazing now, but with a good 6-8 months of user input, it will be the greatest software entertainment experience ever.
  30. May 31, 2011
    One of the best RPGs of all time in terms of customization and sheer content that can scale at the user's whim. While the hardest bosses are still a challenge on easy, it is great to dynamically have that option in a game filled with a decent plot and full Dungeons and Dragons environments and systems actively working.
  31. Nov 4, 2011
    The best RPG game ever, after 10 years of NWN there are servers up with nice games like Higher Grounds, its really amazing action adventures that you can play with your friends and level up custom classes, races up to lvl 60.
  32. Dec 2, 2012
    I deliberately looked this game up after years of playing. Literally, I have been playing this game ever since it was released in 2002. I spent two hours configuring my 64-bit Windows 7 so that it could run this game. Neverwinter Nights is one of the very few games I've played in the past 15 years of gaming that genuinely deserves a 10/10. This game does everything right, but mostI deliberately looked this game up after years of playing. Literally, I have been playing this game ever since it was released in 2002. I spent two hours configuring my 64-bit Windows 7 so that it could run this game. Neverwinter Nights is one of the very few games I've played in the past 15 years of gaming that genuinely deserves a 10/10. This game does everything right, but most importantly, the story, the story, the story. The massive amount of pure freedom when it comes to character creation is something that doesn't come very often. I know that this game is massively outdated, but I would still highly recommend finding a copy somewhere, somehow, and letting the magic take you for a ride. Don't spend 60$ for the new crap coming out of Bioware these days, spend nothing and buy Neverwinter Nights. Expand
  33. Mar 9, 2012
    The best RPG game out there, after ten after release i have finally stopped playing it, the multiplayer part of the title is the classic of classics, anyone who hasnt set foot on a roleplaying persistent world on NeverWinter Nights, cant call himself a RPG gamer.
  34. Mar 28, 2012
    Get this: when you play Neverwinter Nights, everything you do in combat is simulated by way of virtual dice rolls according to Dungeons & Dragons rules, and the game shows you every one of those numbers. RPG gaming doesn't get any better than that. This is one of the apex games of the genre, and some of the most fun I've had in front of a PC since the 1980s. Highly, highly recommended.
  35. Oct 13, 2013
    One of Bioware's finest hours. This game made me feel so bad for my actions and characters, I couldn't stop thinking about it on school and on my way home: How I could I have saved her... but she deserved it... there was no other way... please...I am sorry... I will set things right... I'll do anything!

Here in the Philippines, saving enough money to buy an original game back in 2003 was hard as hell. I am proud I went through all that getting hungry part at school to buy this. Bioware, give me back the good old days!
  36. SeanB.
    Dec 30, 2007
    Incredible game. The campaign is good but the online capabilities are endless. Possibly my favorite game of all time.
  37. PaulK.
    Jul 16, 2003
    It's a nice game and it's fun I should just say. Well Neverwinter Nights in my eyes is a good game!
  38. CesarA.
    Mar 4, 2006
    This game is like D&D to much combat will kill the adventure. Story is what makes the game fun.
  39. JasonP.
    Aug 24, 2006
    An excellent game that I just keep coming back to again and again. It's hard to believe that it's really over 4 years old. The official and community content just keeps getting better and better. I'm currently playing the best community module I've ever played.
  40. MattRaildog
    Aug 17, 2002
    Josh G., you are a moron. While one may not like the feel of this game, you can't argue that it's a solid RPG. I like Morrowind better, but that's just me. Oh, and learn to spell, it's "their", not "there".
  41. JackP.
    Apr 16, 2004
    This is a great game. The only thing is the sound. Not really good. The REST IS GREAT!!!
  42. Mar 11, 2015
    Outstanding game.

For me this is the game that made my fall in love with rpgs. I have played the single player a dozen times and playing it in 2015 it still feels good. The wealth of classes is the strong point giving the game a lot of replayability. Masterpiece.
  43. Oct 14, 2014
    One of the best games ever made. Incredible options for character customization - beyond anything most players have likely seen before in a game. Genuinely interesting NPCs and quests. Online multiplayer. In short, it has everything. The graphics are quite dated, sure, but in terms of gameplay, it is arguably the best RPG ever made.
  44. Sep 23, 2014
    This is one of the best applications of the D&D 3.5e ruleset in video games. I have been playing this game since 2004, and I'm still not done with it. It is such a great game that I ended up getting a Win7 and up optimized version from GOG (since I had the original release copy and couldn't get it to work on Win7), it doesn't have the diversity of feats and spells that it's successorThis is one of the best applications of the D&D 3.5e ruleset in video games. I have been playing this game since 2004, and I'm still not done with it. It is such a great game that I ended up getting a Win7 and up optimized version from GOG (since I had the original release copy and couldn't get it to work on Win7), it doesn't have the diversity of feats and spells that it's successor does, and the fact that it's only semi-turn-based (it's turn-based, but the turn get run so quickly that counterspelling, something that I do a lot in table top D&D, almost impossible. But as I said it is one of the best applications of the 3.5e rules out there, so for those of you who are avid players of 3.5e D&D, you would love this game, hell anyone who likes a good RPG would love this game.
    Now the campaign itself gets boring after a while (sure I have played it over 20 times), but with the addition of premium modules you can and your own modules you can make, it keeps single player fun. The multiplayer features, in my opinion are unparalleled across the Strategic RPG Genre. The diversity of the various servers (almost all of which are player made), and the amount of dedication by the owners to keep playing on the server fun is amazing. In conclusion, one of the best games I have ever played, an amazing adaptation of the 3.5e rules, and it keeps pulling you back to it.
  45. Apr 1, 2014
    I just loved every minut of Neverwinter nights.It's great game and a true succesor to baldur's gate.I loved all exp too.Who like this genre should give it a try.
  46. Dec 9, 2014
    After the Masterpiece Baldur's Gate most players were shocked by the empty single player campaign but then it showed his true purpose: being a unique game! This is the only RPG in history that can be played online in Persistent Worlds; each world can be made with the powerful Aurora Toolset by simple users and hosting in their own PC; players creates accounts in the servers where they willAfter the Masterpiece Baldur's Gate most players were shocked by the empty single player campaign but then it showed his true purpose: being a unique game! This is the only RPG in history that can be played online in Persistent Worlds; each world can be made with the powerful Aurora Toolset by simple users and hosting in their own PC; players creates accounts in the servers where they will store their Characters so they can return at any time to continue their progress, all of this with the possibility that real Dungeon Masters guide your adventures behind scenes. In other words: the closest that a computer could be to a pen & paper RPG. Expand
  47. SpuzaztikS.
    Oct 4, 2002
    Ever noticed how some people speak out against exquisite games of undeniable masterwork quality solely because either they can't afford it and be like their friends, or else have some sort of personal vendetta against the corporation that created the game in question? Ever noticed that these same people curse and call names a lot to sound important and make numerous spelling errors? Ever noticed how some people speak out against exquisite games of undeniable masterwork quality solely because either they can't afford it and be like their friends, or else have some sort of personal vendetta against the corporation that created the game in question? Ever noticed that these same people curse and call names a lot to sound important and make numerous spelling errors? Not that anyone here is like that...ahem...but the fact is, this game is polished to an incredible degree. The only things that this absolute gem of an RPG lacks is a more comprehensive tutorial for the builder's toolset and the single-player game is just a wee bit short. Expand
  48. Oct 24, 2011
    An awesome RPG. The singleplayer was really good, although nowhere near as great as Baldurs Gate. The multiplayer was also alot of fun, and the customization set was pretty good. 9/10 from me.
  49. Oct 14, 2011
    Good solid classic RPG. It has a great storyline and is quite immersive. The graphics are a bit outdated today, but I'd still recommend it for anyone who enjoys a good, solid storyline in an RPG environment.
  50. Sep 29, 2010
    The ability to create your own world and game serve via the toolset is astounding. You can also make virtually any modification you want to the game and its engine, providing endless possibilities for the Multiplayer aspect of the game. I purchased this game when it came out and still play it to this day.
  51. SamG.
    Aug 4, 2002
    This game is fantastic! Josh, what your saying is that 8/10 votes shouldn't count.
  52. AndrewM.
    May 7, 2003
    The game has every thing you need.
  53. Jackie
    Jul 20, 2002
    This game is cool, but it takes too long to talk to people.
  54. AnonymousMC
    Sep 5, 2002
    Just got this game today, and so far its solid. I wasn't really in to RPG games until i was introduced to Diablo 2 not to long ago and also just reciently i bought Dungeon Siege. So besides that i have put in about 6 hours with this game and its the best ive played yet. Also if anyone wants to fill me in on any older RPG's that i've missed, email me at roddy57@hotmail.com.
  55. AnonymousMC
    Jan 5, 2003
    My favorite RPG of the year and best PC game of the year. I do miss some of the complex relationships from Baldur's Gate I & II. Also, the visuals could have been a tad more impressive. The tilesets are especially repetitive. On the other hand, the melee animations and spell pyrotechnics are aptly handled. Some have found the single player campaign dull, but I was engagedMy favorite RPG of the year and best PC game of the year. I do miss some of the complex relationships from Baldur's Gate I & II. Also, the visuals could have been a tad more impressive. The tilesets are especially repetitive. On the other hand, the melee animations and spell pyrotechnics are aptly handled. Some have found the single player campaign dull, but I was engaged throughout. Regardless, the dedicated can churn out their own adventures with the impressive, if not entirely intuitive Aurora tools. My 2nd favorite game of 2002, behind lofty Metroid Prime (NGC). Can't wait to see what the talented team at Bioware does with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Expand
  56. AnonymousMC
    Dec 16, 2002
    december 2002 - i've played since release. the game is still very fun. player made modules get better, more intelligent, and more sophisticated all the time (try "the sunless citadel" or the WW series if you want a really true-to-PNP experience). expansions 1 and 2 will be out spring and summer of 2003, with new feats, monsters and tilesets. this game is the future - play now and bedecember 2002 - i've played since release. the game is still very fun. player made modules get better, more intelligent, and more sophisticated all the time (try "the sunless citadel" or the WW series if you want a really true-to-PNP experience). expansions 1 and 2 will be out spring and summer of 2003, with new feats, monsters and tilesets. this game is the future - play now and be part of it. Expand
  57. AnonymousMC
    Jun 19, 2006
    very good game, not for everyone i guess, but a great game regardless, quite possibly the best translation of traditional table-top role-playing to gaming. brilliantly done, newer systems will eat this game alive (the loads take about a second), lots to do, a choice of when you want to do it. lots of character development, $20 price tag for the whole package minus a couple modules.very good game, not for everyone i guess, but a great game regardless, quite possibly the best translation of traditional table-top role-playing to gaming. brilliantly done, newer systems will eat this game alive (the loads take about a second), lots to do, a choice of when you want to do it. lots of character development, $20 price tag for the whole package minus a couple modules. it's just an overall good game. i would suggest it to any RPG fan. may be a little too hardcore for the casual gamer however. Expand
  58. Dec 10, 2014
    This toolset wrapped around a game is possibly one of the best, most enduring games ever made. While the subsequent expansions improved on the game immeasurably, it remains a classic. One that I still play to this day. The wealth of quality user created content for it is breathtaking. It is a RPG that we need more of.

Jimbo Rating: 10/10
  59. Aug 9, 2013
    Neverwinter Nights was a mixed bag. The game had a very solid rule system and character development based on Dungeons and Dragons. This was great. It also comes with the toolkit that allows players to make their own adventures. This was amazing but is history now as the servers were permanently closed this year. Sad but inevitable in a quickly evolving industry. However the engine itselfNeverwinter Nights was a mixed bag. The game had a very solid rule system and character development based on Dungeons and Dragons. This was great. It also comes with the toolkit that allows players to make their own adventures. This was amazing but is history now as the servers were permanently closed this year. Sad but inevitable in a quickly evolving industry. However the engine itself is not that great. Visually it is bland and I doubt anyone can seriously claim that it is better than what was already established with the Infinity Engine and Baldur's Gate. However sad to say the actual adventure of Neverwinter Nights is pretty bloody dull! It takes forever to level your character, to explore the city and make sense of the plot lines. The final result is kind of a long winded mediocrity. As an old sucker for Dungeons and Dragons I actually enjoyed it a lot in the day, but doubt that this could be considered appealing now to any but the most hard core RPGers. The GOG platinum version (when on sale) is the best buy! Collapse

1. If you’re going to play on your own there is enough to keep you playing for days, take it online and you have a masterpiece that could last you a lifetime.
  2. It's hard to fathom, but what it really boils down to is the fact that gamers may never really have grasped just how faithful an adaptation of the D&D ruleset we are looking at. It is totally accurate in every, single detail.
  3. Where Neverwinter Nights really earns the points is in its longevity.