Neverwinter Nights PC

• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Jun 16, 2002
8.2

1. Jun 28, 2016
    I had several problems with mechanics, some bugs, characters that didn't react to my commands. There are certainly some major flaws like repetitive areas, on the other hand unique and interesting quests. The whole gameplay took me nearly 45 hours but it has been filled with similar places, based on caves and so on. The game can be spoiled entirely by locked cases, even some crates areI had several problems with mechanics, some bugs, characters that didn't react to my commands. There are certainly some major flaws like repetitive areas, on the other hand unique and interesting quests. The whole gameplay took me nearly 45 hours but it has been filled with similar places, based on caves and so on. The game can be spoiled entirely by locked cases, even some crates are locked! I played a wizard and it was so exhausting opening it (actually bashing, even if one of your companions is capable of unlocking, the rest will just keep on bashing even when open). After all I gave 7/10 coz' there's awesome story telling and puff of some classic rpg. Expand
  2. Jun 21, 2016
    I played this game more than 10 years after it's release. I played the original campaign, the Shadows of Undrentide expansion, and the Hordes of the Underdark expansion. I hear that the multiplayer component of this game is great, and that there are many great mods out there, but I only played single-player and did not install mods. Here is my opinion of the main game and bothI played this game more than 10 years after it's release. I played the original campaign, the Shadows of Undrentide expansion, and the Hordes of the Underdark expansion. I hear that the multiplayer component of this game is great, and that there are many great mods out there, but I only played single-player and did not install mods. Here is my opinion of the main game and both expansions (with no mods and I only played single-player):

The Good:
    The character creation system is amazing with lots of depth. The games uses D&D 3.5 rules, and there are so many options when creating a character - race, class, attributes, skills, feats, etc. But that is where the fun ends...

The Bad:
    Unlike most D&D video games, you do not have a full party. Instead, you create one character and can bring only one companion with you (in the Hordes of the Underdark expansion they allow you to bring two companions). You control your companions and they fight on their own. Also, in the original game you could not even equip you companions with weapons and armor, but in the Shadows of Undrentide expansion and the Hordes of the Underdark expansion you can equip your companions. Because of the lack of a party, I found the combat to be DREADFULLY boring. If the game had a good story, maybe you could tolerate the dull combat to advance the story, but alas, the story is also terrible (except for the story of the final expansion, Hordes of the Underdark, which was somewhat entertaining and held my interest). But with the dull gameplay and lame story, it was a real chore to push myself to complete this game and both expansions (though I managed to do so through sheer willpower because I wanted to say I had completed Neverwinter Nights).

To sum up, character creation has great depth and is a lot of fun, but you can only make one character. After character creation, the game goes downhill from there - boring combat, boring story. I give it a 5.

Die hard D&D enthusiast might enjoy the single-player campaign, but that's about it. I hear multiplayer and the fan created mods are great, but I didn't experience any of that. The single player game is a dud.
  3. Sep 2, 2015
    Neverwinter Nights provides rpg fans with an interesting story, nice translation of the D&D rules, turn based combat that is actually fun. ( I review only the single player experience)

Story: You begin as a new recruit in the academy of Neverwinter with the mission to find a way to combat the plague that has the city on its knees. Soon things go wrong as the creatures which could provide the cure are lost after the academy is attacked. From then on you are on a quest to find the evil behind the plague to gain the dominion over Neverwinter, and also will eventually solve side quests. What I like of the story is that although you are the hero or antihero, you are able to role play according to the character you created.

Gameplay: the interface is clean and customizable according to your style of play. Whether you are a fighter, rouge, sorcerer, wizard, thief...you can assign spells, attacks, orders to your henchmen in the quickbar, which by pressing Ctrl or Shift provide you with more slot to even assign potions, torches, scrolls etc.. You can adjust how big the map is and even allocate pin and name them to guide you, the dialogue box cand also be adjusted. Your character screen is clean and provides with the necessary information of hit points, bonuses, alignment etc.

In combat you can pause the game to think your tactics according to the type of enemy you are facing. If you are playing a wizard for example, you can que various spells, defensive or aggressive and once you unpause the game, the character will act accordingly. You can also hire henchmen or summon creatures to aid you in your quests and combat. While you are not able to form a party of six like in BG or BGII, you can still go and enjoy the game with your henchmen. Some of them will provide more background to their own story depending how your relationship improves as you level up.

The single player experience is fun, engagin dyinamic and will keep you interested as long as you are an rpg fan and enjoy turn based combat with D&D rules.

Graphics: many complain about the graphics. Yes they are not the best feature of the game, but do the job. Spells are colorful and varied, lighting is immersive and you feel that especially in caves or dungeons. Character models are blocky but colorful, and since you are usually looking at the game in a top down view, the blockiness does not matter much. Now with the 3d engine you can zoom in, rotate the camera and adjust it to three different options to move around when exploring the world.

Sound: the music is appropriate and does accompany the situations well but can become a bit repetitive. Some conversations have voice acting, which is well done for the most part. Spells and combat sound are well done.

While not as deep as Planescape Torment and not reaching the level of Baldur's Gate II, Neverwinter Nights provide a solid single player experience and replay value.

Pros:
    Solid Story
    Gameplay
    Replay value
    Role play
    D&D rule set
    Lengthy campaign with different challenges

Cons
    Character models a bit blocky
    (Single player) Party mostly composed by a henchmen and summoned creature if you are mage
    Music somewhat repetitive
    Story loses a bit of force before climax
  4. Jun 4, 2015
    Ah.. Neverwinter Nights.. I love this game i have since I first played it in 2005. It was the first game I tried Multiplayer with at that time and it was amazing I had a blast then. I never tried the new Communuty made multiplayer but oh well. I'm sure its fine. I loved the Single Player in this game, the main story was great, while the secondary quests still had importance, it helps a lotAh.. Neverwinter Nights.. I love this game i have since I first played it in 2005. It was the first game I tried Multiplayer with at that time and it was amazing I had a blast then. I never tried the new Communuty made multiplayer but oh well. I'm sure its fine. I loved the Single Player in this game, the main story was great, while the secondary quests still had importance, it helps a lot in this game to do as many secondary objectives as possible, it doesnt hurt too bad as not doing them in a game like Dragon Age because it has a huge skill cap compared to this. But it still helps out in the long run.

Yes I do understand this game starts out slow, but it gets more enjoyable to play the more you are leveled.

My favourite build style is Dex heavy Rouge/(low)Fighter/Weapon Master, i know it sounds like an odd combination but when you get to the 20+ levels and you built it right, you are nearly unstoppable unless you fdace something thats immune to Criticals or Sneak attacks. I like using Rapier for the special with thr halfling race. I start out with fighter till about level 3-4 which ever gives a feat, then I pump like 5-7 levels into Rogue untill i get the Weapon Master class unlocked (You need to focus a lot of talents into this early) and I prefer to start into that till 7 then just level rogue. Once you unlock Weapon Master the feat choices dont matter too much. This build starts out horribly slow but it gets good when you get closer to level 10 which is a long time i know.

Also to the people who say the graphics are "Laughable" @ Zoso this is a 2002 game. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? GTA 5 or Witcher 3 graphics in those days? Now thats laughable.

One of my favourite parts of this is the toolset, its a lot of fun making your own stories and inventing new weapons/armours. Sneaky tip, load a plain toolset and create a mildy to amazingly powerful piece of armour or weapon and place it on the ground, and maybe a bunch of gold, and then enter that with a new character you hope to level in the campaign and use the item(s) and then save the character then go into the campaign. It makes it a lot easier if your messing around with new things. I don't consider it a cheat as you can't do that with online games, unless the host allows that I believe. And your using it for your own benifit in the single olayer campaign.
  5. May 16, 2015
    The main campaign really sucks. Each chapter, the main quests are always: find 4 items located at the four corners of the map. The quests are nonsensical. You cannot change the plot, there is no choices and consequences, you can only do what you are told to.
  6. Mar 11, 2015
    Outstanding game.

For me this is the game that made my fall in love with rpgs. I have played the single player a dozen times and playing it in 2015 it still feels good. The wealth of classes is the strong point giving the game a lot of replayability. Masterpiece.
  7. Dec 10, 2014
    This toolset wrapped around a game is possibly one of the best, most enduring games ever made. While the subsequent expansions improved on the game immeasurably, it remains a classic. One that I still play to this day. The wealth of quality user created content for it is breathtaking. It is a RPG that we need more of.

Jimbo Rating: 10/10
  8. Dec 9, 2014
    After the Masterpiece Baldur's Gate most players were shocked by the empty single player campaign but then it showed his true purpose: being a unique game! This is the only RPG in history that can be played online in Persistent Worlds; each world can be made with the powerful Aurora Toolset by simple users and hosting in their own PC; players creates accounts in the servers where they willAfter the Masterpiece Baldur's Gate most players were shocked by the empty single player campaign but then it showed his true purpose: being a unique game! This is the only RPG in history that can be played online in Persistent Worlds; each world can be made with the powerful Aurora Toolset by simple users and hosting in their own PC; players creates accounts in the servers where they will store their Characters so they can return at any time to continue their progress, all of this with the possibility that real Dungeon Masters guide your adventures behind scenes. In other words: the closest that a computer could be to a pen & paper RPG. Expand
  9. Oct 14, 2014
    One of the best games ever made. Incredible options for character customization - beyond anything most players have likely seen before in a game. Genuinely interesting NPCs and quests. Online multiplayer. In short, it has everything. The graphics are quite dated, sure, but in terms of gameplay, it is arguably the best RPG ever made.
  10. Sep 23, 2014
    This is one of the best applications of the D&D 3.5e ruleset in video games. I have been playing this game since 2004, and I'm still not done with it. It is such a great game that I ended up getting a Win7 and up optimized version from GOG (since I had the original release copy and couldn't get it to work on Win7), it doesn't have the diversity of feats and spells that it's successorThis is one of the best applications of the D&D 3.5e ruleset in video games. I have been playing this game since 2004, and I'm still not done with it. It is such a great game that I ended up getting a Win7 and up optimized version from GOG (since I had the original release copy and couldn't get it to work on Win7), it doesn't have the diversity of feats and spells that it's successor does, and the fact that it's only semi-turn-based (it's turn-based, but the turn get run so quickly that counterspelling, something that I do a lot in table top D&D, almost impossible. But as I said it is one of the best applications of the 3.5e rules out there, so for those of you who are avid players of 3.5e D&D, you would love this game, hell anyone who likes a good RPG would love this game.
    Now the campaign itself gets boring after a while (sure I have played it over 20 times), but with the addition of premium modules you can and your own modules you can make, it keeps single player fun. The multiplayer features, in my opinion are unparalleled across the Strategic RPG Genre. The diversity of the various servers (almost all of which are player made), and the amount of dedication by the owners to keep playing on the server fun is amazing. In conclusion, one of the best games I have ever played, an amazing adaptation of the 3.5e rules, and it keeps pulling you back to it.
  11. Aug 3, 2014
    This was an unpleasant shock for most fans when they had to go from the ultimate masterpiece that was Baldur's Gate with it's beautiful hand-drawn isometric visuals to this ugly 3D mess, the beginning is also very slow, the story doesn't seem all that special, instead of full party you got only 1 character plus some stupid henchmen you can hire, but can't even customize and on top of thatThis was an unpleasant shock for most fans when they had to go from the ultimate masterpiece that was Baldur's Gate with it's beautiful hand-drawn isometric visuals to this ugly 3D mess, the beginning is also very slow, the story doesn't seem all that special, instead of full party you got only 1 character plus some stupid henchmen you can hire, but can't even customize and on top of that you're constantly going through hundreds of chests that doesn't even seem to contain anything interesting. Fortunately as you go forth, it's getting better and better. You're getting used to the engine and starting to realize that this is a huge game, where each chapter would be enough to fill the entire content of some other games. Second chapter being much much higher quality, leaving the city and finally experiencing adventures in nature you were used to from Baldur's. Some of the quests are starting to get really good and in the end the result is actually very positive. Also, definitely worth mentioning is the music by always amazing Jeremy Soule that created a huge part of of the atmosphere in this game. Seen in retrospect, Neverwinter Nights is a great RPG, that took me about 100 hours to finish, not as good as Baldur's Gate series, but what is. 8/10 Expand
  12. Jun 22, 2014
    any new players to the game, quit now before you put your time in. I put 6 months into the game and lost everything. game full of glitches and hackers, you can lose astral and equipment for no reason, you can try to contact customer support or "GM HELP" but they will most likely not respond and you will not get anything back.
  13. Apr 1, 2014
    I just loved every minut of Neverwinter nights.It's great game and a true succesor to baldur's gate.I loved all exp too.Who like this genre should give it a try.
  14. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 6 out of 10, Fun: 7 out of 10, Controls: 7 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 9 out of 10, Re-play: 2 out of 10, Value: 7 out of 10
  15. Oct 26, 2013
    This game was a massive disappointment from start to finish. This proves that the game isn't the best RPG ever made by far. What a massive shame that it couldn't be better.
  16. Oct 13, 2013
    One of Bioware's finest hours. This game made me feel so bad for my actions and characters, I couldn't stop thinking about it on school and on my way home: How I could I have saved her... but she deserved it... there was no other way... please...I am sorry... I will set things right... I'll do anything!

Here in the Philippines, saving enough money to buy an original game back in 2003 was hard as hell. I am proud I went through all that getting hungry part at school to buy this. Bioware, give me back the good old days!
  17. Aug 9, 2013
    Neverwinter Nights was a mixed bag. The game had a very solid rule system and character development based on Dungeons and Dragons. This was great. It also comes with the toolkit that allows players to make their own adventures. This was amazing but is history now as the servers were permanently closed this year. Sad but inevitable in a quickly evolving industry. However the engine itselfNeverwinter Nights was a mixed bag. The game had a very solid rule system and character development based on Dungeons and Dragons. This was great. It also comes with the toolkit that allows players to make their own adventures. This was amazing but is history now as the servers were permanently closed this year. Sad but inevitable in a quickly evolving industry. However the engine itself is not that great. Visually it is bland and I doubt anyone can seriously claim that it is better than what was already established with the Infinity Engine and Baldur's Gate. However sad to say the actual adventure of Neverwinter Nights is pretty bloody dull! It takes forever to level your character, to explore the city and make sense of the plot lines. The final result is kind of a long winded mediocrity. As an old sucker for Dungeons and Dragons I actually enjoyed it a lot in the day, but doubt that this could be considered appealing now to any but the most hard core RPGers. The GOG platinum version (when on sale) is the best buy! Expand
  18. Dec 2, 2012
    I deliberately looked this game up after years of playing. Literally, I have been playing this game ever since it was released in 2002. I spent two hours configuring my 64-bit Windows 7 so that it could run this game. Neverwinter Nights is one of the very few games I've played in the past 15 years of gaming that genuinely deserves a 10/10. This game does everything right, but mostI deliberately looked this game up after years of playing. Literally, I have been playing this game ever since it was released in 2002. I spent two hours configuring my 64-bit Windows 7 so that it could run this game. Neverwinter Nights is one of the very few games I've played in the past 15 years of gaming that genuinely deserves a 10/10. This game does everything right, but most importantly, the story, the story, the story. The massive amount of pure freedom when it comes to character creation is something that doesn't come very often. I know that this game is massively outdated, but I would still highly recommend finding a copy somewhere, somehow, and letting the magic take you for a ride. Don't spend 60$ for the new crap coming out of Bioware these days, spend nothing and buy Neverwinter Nights. Expand
  19. Jul 22, 2012
    NWN is one of my all time favourite games... the single player was fantastic the multiplayer on the 3-4 persistant worlds i played on was fantastic although heavy after market scripting was needed to make them work so great, NWN2 was heavily buggy and very disapointing.......... NWN1 is the paramount PC dungeons and dragons game
  20. Jun 15, 2012
    What a disappointement, especially considering the high expectations at that time... only Dragon Age II has managed to disappoint me so thoroughly. The graphics are laughable at best (wireframes? seroiusly?), and to call the story paper-thin would be a wild exaggeration.
  21. Jun 9, 2012
    What makes Neverwinter Nights interesing? There are many toolkits to create your own RPG games, but Neverwinter Nights also supported live DM, it also supported online play, ability to use multiple servers, and run persistent worlds. Some Neverwinter Nights persistent worlds were like small MMO games, and it was among the first possibility to create "fan made MMOs". With multiple expansionWhat makes Neverwinter Nights interesing? There are many toolkits to create your own RPG games, but Neverwinter Nights also supported live DM, it also supported online play, ability to use multiple servers, and run persistent worlds. Some Neverwinter Nights persistent worlds were like small MMO games, and it was among the first possibility to create "fan made MMOs". With multiple expansion packs, including a community made free expansion pack (CEP). It is a long term classic.

Some would say: "But we didn't like some of the official story". But that story was mostly there to show us what is possible, and they certainly had more entertainment value than any other examples you would offer to would be developers. So in this genre where you create your adventures the story was considered good, but not as good as a stand alone store focused RPG.
  22. Apr 16, 2012
    With the large world map and long story line it's a game that fits perfectly in my game collection. And in my opinion the best game of Bioware. The only problem for me was that at the beginning of this game it's really hard to find a way to level. Most of the quests are to difficult to do. But with the great online game play and great story line it's a perfect game.
  23. Mar 28, 2012
    Get this: when you play Neverwinter Nights, everything you do in combat is simulated by way of virtual dice rolls according to Dungeons & Dragons rules, and the game shows you every one of those numbers. RPG gaming doesn't get any better than that. This is one of the apex games of the genre, and some of the most fun I've had in front of a PC since the 1980s. Highly, highly recommended.
  24. Mar 9, 2012
    The best RPG game out there, after ten after release i have finally stopped playing it, the multiplayer part of the title is the classic of classics, anyone who hasnt set foot on a roleplaying persistent world on NeverWinter Nights, cant call himself a RPG gamer.
  25. Nov 17, 2011
    This is the 2nd game i will never ever get bored of playing.. A true masterpiece in RPG , stunning plot,quests,hours of gameplay,perfect D&D elements..
  26. Nov 4, 2011
    The best RPG game ever, after 10 years of NWN there are servers up with nice games like Higher Grounds, its really amazing action adventures that you can play with your friends and level up custom classes, races up to lvl 60.
  27. Nov 2, 2011
    Very good game despite being single PC with 0 full-control NPCs (1-2 partial control NPCs). Awesome customizability and moddiblity. Excellent story in the single player campaign. Character customization is unparalleled and with the aid of some modpacks even some x-rated mods that caused a tightening down in NWN2 (but at least they dindn't go as far as Civ5 and StarCraft 2 where the gameVery good game despite being single PC with 0 full-control NPCs (1-2 partial control NPCs). Awesome customizability and moddiblity. Excellent story in the single player campaign. Character customization is unparalleled and with the aid of some modpacks even some x-rated mods that caused a tightening down in NWN2 (but at least they dindn't go as far as Civ5 and StarCraft 2 where the game company tyrannically controls your game and your mods to control both piracy and lawsuits). Expand
  28. Oct 26, 2011
    The most authentic online D&D game to date. The experiences in role-play on multiplayer servers are perhaps the most unique and genuinely interesting stories online because you are helping create them. The builder is excellent, the only thing better for people without code savvy is NWN2! Neverwinter has aged well, despite issues needing major patches in the beginning, it now allows forThe most authentic online D&D game to date. The experiences in role-play on multiplayer servers are perhaps the most unique and genuinely interesting stories online because you are helping create them. The builder is excellent, the only thing better for people without code savvy is NWN2! Neverwinter has aged well, despite issues needing major patches in the beginning, it now allows for low-spec online gaming great for laptops. I honestly never got further then 20 hours or so in the story line simply because PLAYER MADE SERVERS RULE. Multiple DMs catering to your ever Rped whim (for good or ill) makes for the best plots. For example, I once played a dark skinned half-elf & was involved in multiple Dwarven hate-crimes, hunted down for sport as Drow. After a week of struggle, there was a political uproar.. I would log on and have bodyguards come come to my aid, spies search for the perpetrators so as to bear witness in the player made court system, and we hunted them as criminals. NO other online game can even attempt to offer this quality of story & it was all player made impromptu RP. If you want real D&D experiences with realistic RP, short of a few MUDs, you will be hard pressed to find it in any other graphical RPGs. As a DM it is endlessly fun to design new campaigns; it's so accurate that one can beta test P&P games in NWN as a simulator. Neverwinter Nights is truly one of the greatest games ever made because they let their players create campaigns with wonderful world building and DM tools. Even with almost 100 people, DMing is smooth, made easier then p&p because the dice rolls and tabulation are automated, plus access to all conversation logs etc. so that the DM can foreshadow and plan for any event. Neverwinter Nights is revolutionary, so far ahead of it's time that modern MMORPG struggle to create atmospheres like NwNs and fail: where major corporations spend millions Bioware gave the power to the players... it turns out we love the stories more then the people paid to write them. It also helps when your guiding lights are Gary Gygax & R.A. Salvatore. Expand
  29. Oct 24, 2011
    An awesome RPG. The singleplayer was really good, although nowhere near as great as Baldurs Gate. The multiplayer was also alot of fun, and the customization set was pretty good. 9/10 from me.
  30. Oct 14, 2011
    Good solid classic RPG. It has a great storyline and is quite immersive. The graphics are a bit outdated today, but I'd still recommend it for anyone who enjoys a good, solid storyline in an RPG environment.
  31. Oct 7, 2011
    This game is no Baldur's Gate imo. But it has a different purpose and that's multiplayer and endless modding. One of down side of Neverwinter Nights' gameplay is you can control only one character, instead of a whole 6-persons party. True, this is dissapointing in a way, but the game is meant for playing with other people online with various mods. Story wise, I can not say the main plot isThis game is no Baldur's Gate imo. But it has a different purpose and that's multiplayer and endless modding. One of down side of Neverwinter Nights' gameplay is you can control only one character, instead of a whole 6-persons party. True, this is dissapointing in a way, but the game is meant for playing with other people online with various mods. Story wise, I can not say the main plot is terrible but it's too generic and predictable. The game also suffers from way too many fetch quests (Comparing to Bioware's Modern Games, it's quite like Dragon Age 2) . However, I do LIKE this game as it offers fun multi-player experience. Overall, it's a great game but do not expect a masterpiece like baldur's gate series Expand
  32. Jul 30, 2011
    Best RPG I've seen so far. I only play the multiplayer part and have been playing and also building some for many years. It is a great and versatile game. You wont need MMO's after you played this once...
  33. Jun 24, 2011
    A D&D 3E construction set with a game attached, Neverwinter Nights just doesn't work for me. The construction set is a lot more effort than just making a pen-and-paper game, and it's hard to find good modules built by other people to play in co-op. As for the supplied campaign, it's not Bioware's finest hour. It's a long, rambling sequence of Go-to-Four-Places-and-do-Four-Things that IA D&D 3E construction set with a game attached, Neverwinter Nights just doesn't work for me. The construction set is a lot more effort than just making a pen-and-paper game, and it's hard to find good modules built by other people to play in co-op. As for the supplied campaign, it's not Bioware's finest hour. It's a long, rambling sequence of Go-to-Four-Places-and-do-Four-Things that I never had the will to finish. The party based format of the Infinity Engine games is gone, replaced with a single henchman (not even levelable/gearable by you), in a big disservice to one of D&D's strengths. The story is un-engaging. Buy it for the expansion packs if you must. Expand
  34. Jun 22, 2011
    If you like complex, involving RPGs, you'll love this one. Of course there is a lot of reading -- it's an RPG (duh!!!!), the reading is a great part of the game and is well done (as is the case with any BioWare game) and helps get involved with the characters, story, and role-play. The character creation and development is even better than it was in BGII and IWD, giving you more optionsIf you like complex, involving RPGs, you'll love this one. Of course there is a lot of reading -- it's an RPG (duh!!!!), the reading is a great part of the game and is well done (as is the case with any BioWare game) and helps get involved with the characters, story, and role-play. The character creation and development is even better than it was in BGII and IWD, giving you more options and possibilities for customization. You really grow attached to you character as s/he is the only thing you directly control (as opposed to a party of 6). Personally, I LOVED the OC (and especially SOU and HOTU expansions) but I can see how it would get a bit tedious. Even so, the toolset and online play provided by the game far make up for it. If you have half a brain, like to read and enjoy RPGs, especially Baldur's Gate, this game is for you! Expand
  35. Jun 16, 2011
    Neverwinter Nights is -still- an amazing game. Thats why I still play it so many years after release. While the graphics may be quite dated by todays standards, and servers are all tiny compared to the smallest MMO, the level of control and customization possible utterly destroys any MMO in the roleplaying department. There are hundreds, if not thousands of user created adventuresNeverwinter Nights is -still- an amazing game. Thats why I still play it so many years after release. While the graphics may be quite dated by todays standards, and servers are all tiny compared to the smallest MMO, the level of control and customization possible utterly destroys any MMO in the roleplaying department. There are hundreds, if not thousands of user created adventures available on the NWN vault. I would say that the DnD 3.5 rules might baffle some people, but as a DnD game it loses no points for following its source too closely. The toolset and CEP are great for creating your own worlds and customized settings, wether Wheel of Time, Lord of the Rings, or even Harry Potter (The Harry Potter one was surprisingly good, but I havn't checked in years) Heres the server i'm trying to kickstart at the moment, its a Wheel of Time server: Website: http://tabularasa.prophpbb.com/ Version: 1.69 Required Haks: CEP (2.3)/2.4 Direct Connect: 212.69.53.38:5121 CEP 2.3/2.4 will be available on the NWN Vault site, its about 1gb unfortunately but the resources are needed to make a nice world for the minimum of fuss and hassle. Expand
  36. May 31, 2011
    One of the best RPGs of all time in terms of customization and sheer content that can scale at the user's whim. While the hardest bosses are still a challenge on easy, it is great to dynamically have that option in a game filled with a decent plot and full Dungeons and Dragons environments and systems actively working.
  37. Apr 27, 2011
    This game is old, but I would still recommend it to any hardcore RPG player. The story in the campaign isn't particularly strong, hence why I deducted a mark for it, but the gameplay and the platform has kept me playing for the past six or so years.
  38. Mar 25, 2011
    Truly brilliant game, this game not just gave an excellent single player but spawned the biggest friendliest, mod community I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of. Oh and it also allowed some of the best multiplayer of all time.
  39. Mar 11, 2011
    I quite enjoyed the campaign on NWN. It wasn't as gripping as I'd like, but not bad.
    The aspect that really makes Neverwinter Nights shine is its multiplayer. NWN has one of the best multiplayer bases I've ever seen. Bioware letting people do multiplayer for themselves was brilliant on their part, and I hope they do this in further games.
    NWN does contain a few issues and faults/flaws in
    NWN does contain a few issues and faults/flaws in the D&D rules conversion and I have had a few issues when playing, but NWN's amazing gameplay and fantastic community easily make up for it. I encourage anyone interested in old school RPGs to try NWN, as it is, in my opinion, the best out there.
    It's a shame Bioware doesn't go back to it's roots.
  40. Nov 26, 2010
    I loved from the beginning, it was easy to play and had a lot of cheats which at that point was a plus. Reading a lot, hasn't a version in spanish but it is a superb one. MUST have on your Collection
  41. Sep 29, 2010
    The ability to create your own world and game serve via the toolset is astounding. You can also make virtually any modification you want to the game and its engine, providing endless possibilities for the Multiplayer aspect of the game. I purchased this game when it came out and still play it to this day.
  42. SeanB.
    Dec 30, 2007
    Incredible game. The campaign is good but the online capabilities are endless. Possibly my favorite game of all time.
  43. EliasO.
    Dec 28, 2007
    Sadly, the singleplayer is lacking quality, but the multiplayer makes up for it, however most RPG fans are looking for a good singleplayer story... Which NWN did not provide!
  44. LidiaM.
    Dec 12, 2007
    The best, the online gameplay. The rest, a boring D&D story looooong, and boring.
  45. AnonymousMC
    Jan 30, 2007
    I suspect that Bioware provided most of the big reviewers with loaded crackpipes for their use during the review process, because frankly the only way I'd get any enjoyment out of this game is if I were on drugs. The graphics, even for the time of release, are fairly poor. Sound is good enough but nothing to write home about. The musical score, such as I've heard, is prettyI suspect that Bioware provided most of the big reviewers with loaded crackpipes for their use during the review process, because frankly the only way I'd get any enjoyment out of this game is if I were on drugs. The graphics, even for the time of release, are fairly poor. Sound is good enough but nothing to write home about. The musical score, such as I've heard, is pretty appropriate, and the voice acting is at least adequate. The real sticking point here, though, is the utter tedium of the gameplay. Against more than one enemy, even early on in the game, your chances of survival are very slim because of the "sort of turn-based" nature of the combat. The D&D rules may be appropriate for tabletop gaming, but here they are simply limiting to the game's flow. I mean, come /on/ - this is a computer game, and thus the only reason to use such antiquated devices as dice rolls is verisimilitude, which is a bad thing in this case. This is the problem with most of the (admittedly few) RPGs I've played, that they rely too heavily on rules. IMO, computer roleplaying shouldn't be about counter-intuitive statistics and linear questlines - it should be about the freedom to do whatever you desire, creating your character through your interaction with the world around you. That's roleplaying. Whereas Neverwinter Nights is more akin to work, and therefore I won't be playing it again, nor will I ever go near a D&D-based computer RPG again. Expand
  46. Thesith
    Sep 1, 2006
    With power to make huge dungeons,towering citys, and even a area where master chief gives you plasma grenades this is a truley good game prefect for dungeons and dragons addicters like myself.Most of you say this lacks party abilty while even though you can have servers with over 60 people in it.You can make your own items, dungeons, storys, chacters,and even a easy way to cheat by giving With power to make huge dungeons,towering citys, and even a area where master chief gives you plasma grenades this is a truley good game prefect for dungeons and dragons addicters like myself.Most of you say this lacks party abilty while even though you can have servers with over 60 people in it.You can make your own items, dungeons, storys, chacters,and even a easy way to cheat by giving yourself custom items. At only 20$ for the game and 3 more with it its a good game worth it. Collapse
  47. JasonP.
    Aug 24, 2006
    An excellent game that I just keep coming back to again and again. It's hard to believe that it's really over 4 years old. The official and community content just keeps getting better and better. I'm currently playing the best community module I've ever played.
  48. BrianJ.
    Aug 23, 2006
    The only redeeming quality of this game is the toolset. The toolset has allowed people to make worthwhile single player adventures and wonderful multiplayer D&D experiences. The single player games that come with Neverwinter Nights Diamond, however, are pure tedium. This is NOT a true sequel to the Baldur's Gate series. The stories in these games are 100% linear, character The only redeeming quality of this game is the toolset. The toolset has allowed people to make worthwhile single player adventures and wonderful multiplayer D&D experiences. The single player games that come with Neverwinter Nights Diamond, however, are pure tedium. This is NOT a true sequel to the Baldur's Gate series. The stories in these games are 100% linear, character interaction just doesn't matter. You cannot have a party of characters, only yourself and one henchmen, whom you do not control and has no significance whatsoever on the plot of the game. Unlike most RPGs, which attempt to weave stories involving as many characters as possible, each game that comes in NWN is just one simple plot, drawn out with as many repetetive action sequences as possible. Technically, there is an awful lot of role playing, as you repeatedly cast spells and use special abilities. Lots of role playing, but almost no game. The game does not require strategy, as any literate person can read what spells and abilities are more powerful than another and choose them. The game has puzzles, but they are completely obvious and will always require a bunch of boring combat - just like everything in the game. This game would have been infinitely better given the character interaction, full party control, and interesting plotline of Baldur's Gate II. Those were all the best parts of BG2, yet Bioware left them out. Buy only if seeking to play multiplayer (where people have taken the time to create interesting worlds where you can interact with other people, filling all the voids left in the singleplayer NWN). Expand
  49. JB
    Aug 11, 2006
    This game is great for its potential. The toolset feature and ability to upload game community mods is why you buy this game. The campaign that comes with the game has a shallow plot and flat characters with excessively dull fight sequences. The player made campaigns, on the other hand, are remarkably epic in some instances, and branch out into every genre, comedy, action and puzzle This game is great for its potential. The toolset feature and ability to upload game community mods is why you buy this game. The campaign that comes with the game has a shallow plot and flat characters with excessively dull fight sequences. The player made campaigns, on the other hand, are remarkably epic in some instances, and branch out into every genre, comedy, action and puzzle based, and do them well. Buy this game, upload some player made modules, and just pretend that they came with the game. Expand
  50. AnonymousMC
    Jun 19, 2006
    very good game, not for everyone i guess, but a great game regardless, quite possibly the best translation of traditional table-top role-playing to gaming. brilliantly done, newer systems will eat this game alive (the loads take about a second), lots to do, a choice of when you want to do it. lots of character development, $20 price tag for the whole package minus a couple modules.very good game, not for everyone i guess, but a great game regardless, quite possibly the best translation of traditional table-top role-playing to gaming. brilliantly done, newer systems will eat this game alive (the loads take about a second), lots to do, a choice of when you want to do it. lots of character development, $20 price tag for the whole package minus a couple modules. it's just an overall good game. i would suggest it to any RPG fan. may be a little too hardcore for the casual gamer however. Expand
  51. CesarA.
    Mar 4, 2006
    This game is like D&D to much combat will kill the adventure. Story is what makes the game fun.
  52. INeedACoke
    Mar 28, 2005
    Lol...i just want to ask the people who gave this game a low score because "its not an RPG"...what the he11 is wrong with you!? It's D&D...nuff said.
  53. Dave
    Mar 5, 2005
    I just finished playing Icewind Dale 1, and that kinda got boring, i was just like playing BG but with different backgrounds... This game, Well I borrowed it from a friend and well loved it so much I went and bought it. It is very addictive. When I play it I loose all track of time, its like, "oh i'll finish this one spot and quit..." and next thing you know, it's 2 or 3 hours I just finished playing Icewind Dale 1, and that kinda got boring, i was just like playing BG but with different backgrounds... This game, Well I borrowed it from a friend and well loved it so much I went and bought it. It is very addictive. When I play it I loose all track of time, its like, "oh i'll finish this one spot and quit..." and next thing you know, it's 2 or 3 hours later. The Toolset program with it is the best, the only problem, there isn't much of a tutorial or instructions with it. The game should come with 2 books. One for the rules of the game, the other for using the toolset. It took me a better part of 3 days trying to learn how to place doors in my maps. Over all, one of the Best RPG games out there. I don't care what anyone says... Expand
  54. Bruno
    Dec 17, 2004
    Singeplayer : horrible, awful, boring, repetitive, linear ... The worst thing on it that it is trying to look like a roleplaying game, but it is a stupid hack'n slash diablo-style game, but even worse then diablo. Roleplaying game is a game where you think with the character, make choices based on the traits and feel with the character. Well in Nwn all choices you do are limited to Singeplayer : horrible, awful, boring, repetitive, linear ... The worst thing on it that it is trying to look like a roleplaying game, but it is a stupid hack'n slash diablo-style game, but even worse then diablo. Roleplaying game is a game where you think with the character, make choices based on the traits and feel with the character. Well in Nwn all choices you do are limited to kill him with focus+spec on Axe or focus+spec on Sword. You cant finish the game for example with a rogue-based character focused on diplomacy or persuasion. The closest game to RPG is still Fallout, Arcanum and Planescape Torment, BG1. Neverwinter nights is nothing, but a simple clickfest for kids that think they're playing roleplaying game. The only positive thing is the multiplayer, but the multiplayer can't be compared to MMORPG games like everquest or asheron, its just not that good. Absolutely NWN is the worst succesful game i've ever seen. Well maybe it is the worst succesful THING i've ever seen. Expand
  55. AnonymousMC
    Aug 12, 2004
    What people like Jake M. fail to realize is that this is a ROLE PLAYING GAME, not a hack and slash fest like Diablo 2. It takes planning, forethought and strategy to create a good character and play it well. It's turned based which means it's much like a game of chess or checkers, only much more involving and interesting since there are so many other variables to utllize. So,What people like Jake M. fail to realize is that this is a ROLE PLAYING GAME, not a hack and slash fest like Diablo 2. It takes planning, forethought and strategy to create a good character and play it well. It's turned based which means it's much like a game of chess or checkers, only much more involving and interesting since there are so many other variables to utllize. So, to our little buddy Jake M. who doesn't like to read and thinks its fun to just point, click and kill, I say grow a brain and strive to raise your IQ a few points so you can handle something like this. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and go back to picking the corn out of your own shit like the neanderthal that you are. Expand
  56. JackP.
    Apr 16, 2004
    This is a great game. The only thing is the sound. Not really good. The REST IS GREAT!!!
  57. PatrickS.
    Mar 29, 2004
    The gameplay is slow-going, despite the lovely graphics. Feels like Diablo 2, without the grace and fluidity of Diablo. Yes, the graphics are pretty but there's been no advance in terms of quest, structure, and comcepts. All the extra storage in inventory, spell book, etc., don't add anything to the game besides greater elaboration on earlier RPG's which follow the same The gameplay is slow-going, despite the lovely graphics. Feels like Diablo 2, without the grace and fluidity of Diablo. Yes, the graphics are pretty but there's been no advance in terms of quest, structure, and comcepts. All the extra storage in inventory, spell book, etc., don't add anything to the game besides greater elaboration on earlier RPG's which follow the same formula. I played about 10 hours worth and got bored. I play games for the continual challenges and engagement. On this level, NWN simple fails. The pace is slow. There's wayyyy too much reading to do with NPCs. You have to wait till rooms or scenes load over and over and over. Unlike Diablo, changes of scenery involve slow-loading breaks in the action. Lame. Expand
  58. LindaC.
    Nov 21, 2003
    I guess it's ok, but after playing The Elder Scrolls III, I couldn't help being bored to death with Neverwinter and put it aside rather quickly... though I am a dedicated rpg player. I'll have to readjust to games being more limited again...
  59. I
    Aug 4, 2003
    This is the best single player rpg I have ever played. The onlything I didnt like was the limeted choice for henchmen. Even so it had an intracit story and sidquests galore.
  60. PaulK.
    Jul 16, 2003
    It's a nice game and it's fun I should just say. Well Neverwinter Nights in my eyes is a good game!
  61. B.Man
    May 10, 2003
    I play virtually nothing but D&D computer games. I LERVE Baldur's Gate, and even think Icewind Dale and Pool of Rad II are okay. I've owned Neverwinter Nights for six months and spent a total of two hours playing it. My computer massively exceeds the specs but the game slows down so badly in places as to make it virtually unplayable. What's going on here?
  62. AndrewM.
    May 7, 2003
    The game has every thing you need.
  63. ZahruR.
    Apr 21, 2003
    Oh... my god!!! This is the best RPG game i ever play in my life. Bravo BIOWARE... Bravo!!!
  64. JasonT.
    Feb 19, 2003
    Games like these are just too slow paced and gives waste of time feelings cause its basically the same as all the other baldur's gate games except with a different set of characters and plots. SO what if the graphics are a better or you could rotate the view? It doesn't add anything fun to the game if it is still turn based computer controlled fighting. That's justGames like these are just too slow paced and gives waste of time feelings cause its basically the same as all the other baldur's gate games except with a different set of characters and plots. SO what if the graphics are a better or you could rotate the view? It doesn't add anything fun to the game if it is still turn based computer controlled fighting. That's just primitive, we want to be able to jump at the enemy and do crazy moves, not just click a button and watch the sword swing and have some dice calculate whether you hit or not. Its so lame and the story is so slow. Hardly anything interactive in this game. Whoever said that they just want to kill everyone in the room has the right sentiment. Expand
  65. AnonymousMC
    Jan 5, 2003
    My favorite RPG of the year and best PC game of the year. I do miss some of the complex relationships from Baldur's Gate I & II. Also, the visuals could have been a tad more impressive. The tilesets are especially repetitive. On the other hand, the melee animations and spell pyrotechnics are aptly handled. Some have found the single player campaign dull, but I was engagedMy favorite RPG of the year and best PC game of the year. I do miss some of the complex relationships from Baldur's Gate I & II. Also, the visuals could have been a tad more impressive. The tilesets are especially repetitive. On the other hand, the melee animations and spell pyrotechnics are aptly handled. Some have found the single player campaign dull, but I was engaged throughout. Regardless, the dedicated can churn out their own adventures with the impressive, if not entirely intuitive Aurora tools. My 2nd favorite game of 2002, behind lofty Metroid Prime (NGC). Can't wait to see what the talented team at Bioware does with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Expand
  66. AnonymousMC
    Dec 30, 2002
    Okay. I like RPGs, I have both Baldur's Gate games (they are excellent, by the way), and had pretty high expectations for this as an RPG.
    Get it if you want a multiplayer game, and buy a different game if you are looking for good single player.
    I give it a ten for overall potential, and a two for the single player campaign. It is awesome as a multiplayer game, the toolset is great, and the user created mods are quite good. However, the campaign that comes with the game is really just pandering to the slavering masses; it is simplistic, painful, and just like Diablo 2. Also, the voice acting made me want to gouge out my ears with a spork. Not to say it isn't playable, or even fun occasionally, but I don't believe it worthy of a high score.
  67. GabeA.
    Dec 22, 2002
    I love this game its one of the best i ever played. i hope you will make a sequel to this game.
  68. AnonymousMC
    Dec 16, 2002
    december 2002 - i've played since release. the game is still very fun. player made modules get better, more intelligent, and more sophisticated all the time (try "the sunless citadel" or the WW series if you want a really true-to-PNP experience). expansions 1 and 2 will be out spring and summer of 2003, with new feats, monsters and tilesets. this game is the future - play now and bedecember 2002 - i've played since release. the game is still very fun. player made modules get better, more intelligent, and more sophisticated all the time (try "the sunless citadel" or the WW series if you want a really true-to-PNP experience). expansions 1 and 2 will be out spring and summer of 2003, with new feats, monsters and tilesets. this game is the future - play now and be part of it. Expand
  69. Me
    Nov 2, 2002
    I always thought that I liked RPGs, apparently I don't. Because I think this game is average at best, but the rest of you seem to think it is some sort of coked-up heroine. I'd say its more like watered down beer. The way PCs interact with NPC is atrocious. I get so bored I just go around and kill everyone in the damn room. Nothing interesting happens, except you have to go to I always thought that I liked RPGs, apparently I don't. Because I think this game is average at best, but the rest of you seem to think it is some sort of coked-up heroine. I'd say its more like watered down beer. The way PCs interact with NPC is atrocious. I get so bored I just go around and kill everyone in the damn room. Nothing interesting happens, except you have to go to some place, fight a large group of people and try and run away so you can take one of them 1 on 1, if not then you die, respawn in a temple and have to walk back to go do the same damn thing again. Not to mention the limited weapons/outfits for characters. I think you can make a total of 6 different looking characters. AWFUL, but apparently some of you like it, however I must give it a 3. Expand
  70. SpuzaztikS.
    Oct 4, 2002
    Ever noticed how some people speak out against exquisite games of undeniable masterwork quality solely because either they can't afford it and be like their friends, or else have some sort of personal vendetta against the corporation that created the game in question? Ever noticed that these same people curse and call names a lot to sound important and make numerous spelling errors? Ever noticed how some people speak out against exquisite games of undeniable masterwork quality solely because either they can't afford it and be like their friends, or else have some sort of personal vendetta against the corporation that created the game in question? Ever noticed that these same people curse and call names a lot to sound important and make numerous spelling errors? Not that anyone here is like that...ahem...but the fact is, this game is polished to an incredible degree. The only things that this absolute gem of an RPG lacks is a more comprehensive tutorial for the builder's toolset and the single-player game is just a wee bit short. Expand
  71. AnonymousMC
    Sep 25, 2002
    Too much of a diablo clone. Yeah yeah, there's "Character interaction". Summed up, thats "talk, do fedex quest, get 20000 exp" sounds somewhat like diablo. I want a game that isnt boring click-wait-win-repeat type CRAP. DM'ing is just plain stupid, since theres about 2 ppl in the damn universe who dont SUCK at being DMs. Come on, DIABLO is pretty much the same game releasedToo much of a diablo clone. Yeah yeah, there's "Character interaction". Summed up, thats "talk, do fedex quest, get 20000 exp" sounds somewhat like diablo. I want a game that isnt boring click-wait-win-repeat type CRAP. DM'ing is just plain stupid, since theres about 2 ppl in the damn universe who dont SUCK at being DMs. Come on, DIABLO is pretty much the same game released roughly 6 years earlier. And I dont give a fuck if that figure is wrong, if you took long enough to look it up, tell someone ELSE that. Id rather be playing morrowind, which despite having characters that do not sit down, uses the "sit down characters" resources to make a good game. Expand
  72. AnonymousMC
    Sep 5, 2002
    Just got this game today, and so far its solid. I wasn't really in to RPG games until i was introduced to Diablo 2 not to long ago and also just reciently i bought Dungeon Siege. So besides that i have put in about 6 hours with this game and its the best ive played yet. Also if anyone wants to fill me in on any older RPG's that i've missed, email me at roddy57@hotmail.com.
  73. Mike
    Aug 23, 2002
    NWN is easily one of the best games I have played in a long while. Everything is worked wonderfully. The story line is interesting to say the least (though not as compelling as the Final Fantasies), The Multiplayer keeps the game's value high, and the visual effects are awesome. I would definitley recommend this game without a doubt.
  74. HarmL.
    Aug 21, 2002
    NWN is a great game. Just as Morrowind is. But the two games are very different. In Morrowind you feel the sand blown into your eyes. In NWN everyone is trying to get you emotionaly involved (scare the hell out of you when they are aggressive). NWN is perhaps a little to lively for RPG players who want to recalculate every result.
  75. MattRaildog
    Aug 17, 2002
    Josh G., you are a moron. While one may not like the feel of this game, you can't argue that it's a solid RPG. I like Morrowind better, but that's just me. Oh, and learn to spell, it's "their", not "there".
  76. SamG.
    Aug 4, 2002
    This game is fantastic! Josh, what your saying is that 8/10 votes shouldn't count.
  77. JoshG.
    Jul 25, 2002
    This game sucks major wang, this people don't know anything about a good RPG. All people who like this game are losers and there vote shouldn't count. This game is crap, I agree with Jake.
  78. KevinV.
    Jul 23, 2002
    This game is terrific and engrossing. Anyone who doesn't want to read in a game should not play RPG's!
  79. Jackie
    Jul 20, 2002
    This game is cool, but it takes too long to talk to people.
  80. Thebobmaster
    Jul 16, 2002
    NWN sets a new standard for computer RPG's. It makes Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Dungeon Siege and Diablo 2 look miniscule in comparison. The game is huge. That is an understatement. The story, altough a LITTLE cliche'd, is engrossing otherwise. The sound is amazing. The voice acting can send chills down your spine at times. The graphics are top-notch, full of deatil that NWN sets a new standard for computer RPG's. It makes Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Dungeon Siege and Diablo 2 look miniscule in comparison. The game is huge. That is an understatement. The story, altough a LITTLE cliche'd, is engrossing otherwise. The sound is amazing. The voice acting can send chills down your spine at times. The graphics are top-notch, full of deatil that really brings out the games atmosphere. The ONLY problem though, is that you must have a computer that can push some serious meat, otherwise this thing looks and plays like garbage, and sometimes wont play at all. If you intend on playing NWN and any other games in the future, I suggest you invest in a new Video Card and some more RAM. It will be well worth it. Expand
  81. ArnoldC.
    Jul 12, 2002
    I don't know what game Jake was playing but it doesn't sound like the game i've been playing and enjoying. I had no problem with the 'reading' aspect of the game, i found using my brain helped getting over that wee technical difficulty. This game is Brilliant, Addictive and Detailed.
  82. FarhadA.
    Jul 11, 2002
    Ignore Jake M.'s score, I agree that there is a lot of text in the game, but it's there to engross and submerge you into the games atmosphere. The beginging section is very slow and gentle to give you a thorough overview of the games mechanics. Stick with it a while and you will get into the game. It's like Diablo 2 but with better graphics, the amazing story and the best Ignore Jake M.'s score, I agree that there is a lot of text in the game, but it's there to engross and submerge you into the games atmosphere. The beginging section is very slow and gentle to give you a thorough overview of the games mechanics. Stick with it a while and you will get into the game. It's like Diablo 2 but with better graphics, the amazing story and the best LAN gaming since Counter-Strike. Only it's an RPG. The scope of this game is gigantic, it's a long and enjoyable game. Bioware has outdone themselves. Expand
  83. Enthasius
    Jul 9, 2002
    A superb RPG with a great plot, interesting features, and finally a game which you actually dodge, jump and duck from the enemy's attack. Unfortunately, due to the multiplayer feature, it seems that you can only have one henchman, which is a bit of a bummer. Two henchmen would be great, but still, This game has most things a Rpg player needs, if you don't mind reading, that is.
  84. R.F.
    Jul 8, 2002
    What is unbelieveable about this game is the sheer power of the customizable modules. This platform could literally be ported to any type of game. Just make the graphics, design the experience, and bingo - recreate any game, book, movie you want. This game is amazing now, but with a good 6-8 months of user input, it will be the greatest software entertainment experience ever.
    Jul 4, 2002
    Brilliant!
  86. JakeM.
    Jul 4, 2002
    What in the heck was Atari thinking when they made this? No scratch that, what in the heck was I thinking when I bought this game? This is a horrible game, and you catch the drift right once you actually start playing. Reading is tedious, and I figured Atari would have figured that out, I spent the first 5 minutes talking to the first guy. And then the next 30 reading the rest of the crap What in the heck was Atari thinking when they made this? No scratch that, what in the heck was I thinking when I bought this game? This is a horrible game, and you catch the drift right once you actually start playing. Reading is tedious, and I figured Atari would have figured that out, I spent the first 5 minutes talking to the first guy. And then the next 30 reading the rest of the crap everyone else had to say. Thus leaving me out of action, and a game with no action, is a boring game. Trust me, when tomorrow comes around this game is going back to the shelf I picked it up from. The only reason I gave it a 3 was because I figured there are some people out there who like being submerged into stupid games. I suggest you check the game out at your friend?s house before wasting your time by just buying it and returning it. Expand
  87. MarkM.
    Jun 29, 2002
    Immersive, detailed, rich, complex -- all these are apt adjectives for this amazingly addictive crpg. Character development is endless, (all) stats are important regardless of class, the music/sound helps to enhance the mood, and the world feels truly organic. The graphics aren't the greatest, but they're the only considerable reservation i have for this game. Otherwise, bring it on!
  88. LewisB.
    Jun 25, 2002
    Simply the best role (roll) playing computer game since the days of Wizardry and the early Ultimas. This thing is stunning in it's detail, it's faithfulness to the rules of D&D3, and it's game play. The radial menu interface is fast and gives you all your options right in the game screen without having to journey through a lot of screens. The only drawback is that you ahve Simply the best role (roll) playing computer game since the days of Wizardry and the early Ultimas. This thing is stunning in it's detail, it's faithfulness to the rules of D&D3, and it's game play. The radial menu interface is fast and gives you all your options right in the game screen without having to journey through a lot of screens. The only drawback is that you ahve to "manage" your inventory and move things around. They should have learned their lesson for Diablo II and automated the inventory management. Expand

1. If you’re going to play on your own there is enough to keep you playing for days, take it online and you have a masterpiece that could last you a lifetime.
  2. It's hard to fathom, but what it really boils down to is the fact that gamers may never really have grasped just how faithful an adaptation of the D&D ruleset we are looking at. It is totally accurate in every, single detail.
  3. Where Neverwinter Nights really earns the points is in its longevity.