6.0

1. Jun 20, 2013
    A huge disappointment, and I will explain why.

(1) Forget about customizing your character.
    Unlike in something like DDO.com, where even in character creation you're picking feats, skills, spells and stats, Neverwinter gives you almost no ability to customize your character. Playing up to level 10 or so, I've not seen any serious flexibility in the abilities my character has. You can
    only slot about 5 different attacks, maximum, unlike in other D&D games where you could have literally dozens of abilities available at any time. This makes Neverwinter seem dull even in comparison to games like DDO and NWN which were released many years ago.

(2) Start caring about your twitch skills
    Combat in Neverwinter is very different to any other D&D game I've played. In most D&D games, it is your armor, your spells, your general character build that matter. It doesn't matter if you stand in a pile of kobolds if you have crafted yourself some armor of invulnerability, have enough armor class, or the right spells, they cannot hit you AT ALL. Other D&D games reward thinking, planning, and generally knowing your stuff. Neverwinter doesn't care about any of that, all it rewards are twitch skills. Enemy mage about to fireball you? Forget having fire resistance gear. Forget ducking around a corner. Forget casting a protective spell, or trying to take him out first. In Neverwinter, a red circle appears on the ground and you run away from it. That's it. It takes all the depth out of the game, making it more about your average first person shooter's twitch skills than anything which resembles any other D&D game I've ever played.

(3) Get ready to be treated like you're 8
    Everything in Neverwinter glows, flashes, or sometimes both at once. Yes, it looks pretty, but after awhile you start to feel like the game's designers consider you their personal lab rodent easily distracted by anything shiny.

(4) Enjoy your weak-ass characters
    Going back to DDO.com, in that game, I can construct a level 4-7 mage who can one-shot kill entire groups of enemies with a single spell. Yes, it takes game knowledge, crafting, etc, but it is possible. If you know your stuff you can absolutely kick ass in amazing ways. In Neverwinter, it takes a long time to kill each enemy, and AOE effects tend to be quite weak. The result is that, for my class (wizard/sorc) at least, it plays more like a slow grind fest than a game in which I'm supposed to be an offensive caster.

Upsides:
    Neverwinter does look pretty, and the ability to have player-created dungeons is great. That said, nothing can disguise the fact this game is based on the horrible 4th edition rules, which severely limit your gameplay in all the ways that actually matter. If your child wants an easy introduction to D&D, give them this. If, on the other hand, you're considering trying this yourself, don't bother. Even ancient D&D games like NWN, or MMOs like DDO, have far deeper immersion and more meaningful choices.
  2. Jun 20, 2013
    I wanted to play this game, but when I try to download it, it says to me "Disabled Region". So in 21th century we divide people on those who can play the game and those who can not? I believe I can't see any good in this game since i am not even good enough to play it here from Russia. Thanks, get your negative feedback.
  3. Jul 14, 2013
    This game starts out quite fun. Decent combat for an MMO, linear questing and the foundry is an interesting concept.

But after you've scratched the surface, you'll find nothing but exploitative PW cash shop (pay IRL money for respecs????) the game has been hacked to shreds and they refuse to reset not to mention the region locking.

Avoid.
  4. Jul 18, 2013
    Content gets boring rapidly. My main concern is the fact all the bosses feel the same. Avoid the red circle stand in the blue circle and deal with way too many ads (adds don't despawn after the boss dies many strategies involve purposely dying after the boss to generate a despawn). Bosses are reduced to finding exploits to avoid massive add spam such as luring the boss away or finding methods to prevent add aggression. The other major concern if the fact each hour has an event attached to it, some of these events are rather pointless pre 60 and others are useless once you hit level cap of 60. Basically it felt like the only time worth playing is before and during a specific event pops which is the dungeon delve. Certain classes are required in a dungeon most noteably is the control wizard to punt things into lava etc and the healer. I played mostly as a healer and the mechanics are counter intuitive with tanks. If you had someone who tanks well and takes all aggression that is actually a bad thing. The only reliable heals are area of effect so damage needs to be spread out over several party members as your heals will be the same on a tank as it would for another dps and you do not have reliable single target heals. This renders the tank class virtually useless (in comparison to taking another control wizard or Rouge) for all but one dungeon where they can bug the final boss with their taunts. Poorly designed and rapidly feels repetitive, with a limited window of gametime that is randomly generated where your guaranteed a reward. Expand
  5. Jun 25, 2013
    From the get go this game seems to pull off what it was going for, a f2p instanced MMO that delivers a solid experience for both D&D lovers and newcomers to the IP.

However after several game-breaking bugs Exploiting Foundry to get 60 in 2 hours, then after that nerf exploiting quests to get 60 in 20 minutes, then after that exploiting bosses to get unlimited loot.. to finally
    exploiting the AH to DUPE millions of IGG.) the game has lost it for me, I don't believe they can continue to provide a solid, fun and consistent experience for anyone serious about MMO's.

Not awful but certainly a ways off from the big boys.
  6. Jun 27, 2013
    If you want something to pass a few hours time then sure give Neverwinter a shot, it's 'Free' after all. But note that every single thing in the game has a charge, and not a small one either. For example to respec costs real money, to get anything more than a standard bag to hold items is also paid with real money. Any more than two characters, faster mounts, everything. A bag to hold items worked out to be about 7 or 8 euros. For 1 bag.
    The lag spikes and rubber banding were awful in pvp and cities, and the fact they kept saying 'its in beta' yet happily took your money for items was a bit of a joke.
    Also (and this was the worst for me) if you are grouped with a friend waiting to do pvp or an instance, you cannot quest any further than the immediate vicinity you are in. Most of the areas to quest are instanced and so if you are in a party it simply tells you that you cannot leave as you are in a party. so you have to make a choice, sit on your ass and wait for the instance call (which can be a while 25mins at times) or leave the group with your friend and queue alone.
    Great design there guys.
  7. Jun 22, 2013
    Typical free to play MMO. The Foundry is 'ok', but HIGHLY dependent on players. That means some good content, but mostly 'meh'. They gouge you in the pay shop, and those bundle things are a scam.
  8. Aug 23, 2013
    Firstly I would just like to say that I have over 400hrs logged into this since beta so it pains me to be posting this as a ZERO review but it needs to be done.

On the first day of its long waited module 1, Cryptics' Neverwinter Online witnessed a huge wave of exploit which allows a precious epic item to be obtained at 1/20 of its original market cost, a bug that has been reported on
    its own test server 6 days prior to the launch, but received no attention from the devs. After the incident, Cryptics did not perform any rollbacks and expressed no intention of taking any sort of measures against the exploiters, neither are they willing to track down the exploited epic items.

This has led many players like myself who have supported the devs/game to feel totally frustrated, furious in some cases.
    Months of grinding and were just told that cheating is fine:/
    Well save your money and your time folks as its clear that as long as PWE/Cryptic are making a then they don't care what the players do...

An extremely disappointed D&D fan..
  9. Aug 19, 2013
    The game seems ok on the surface but its really pretty shallow and reaaaalllly buggy. The people running the game are also complete asshats. I had 6k of Astral Diamonds (in game currency) just disappear from my inventory and then got the following response from customer service.

Hello

I'm sorry to hear you lost your Astral Diamonds. Unfortunately, we won't be able to assist you with
    this issue. At this time Astral Diamonds which are disappeared without any trace do not qualify for reimbursement or replacement.

We would like to encourage you to submit a Bug Report, with your findings, directly to our QA team. This may be done by selecting 'Bug Report' from the list of available help options. Do note that Bug Reports are reviewed by members of the QA team, however you will not be able to edit or view any reported bugs. Additionally, Bug Reports do not receive personalized responses.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. Thank you for playing!
  10. Sep 8, 2013
    I think that an MMO should be played at least a month before making judgments. Many reviews here are totally inaccurate because they did not see the endgame. Neverwinter is a game full of bugs, exploits, bots and glitches. Great story. Lovely design. Awesome combat system. But too many bots and exploits. Finally it's a casual oriented P2W. I have played this game since open beta. I very strongly hoped devs could change something but it's been months and there is no intention to change the biggest problems. It's really a shame to waste all the good has been done, but unfortunately this is their intention. An opportunity exploited badly. Expand
  11. Dec 6, 2013
    3 words can resume this game very well: PAY FOR WIN. And pay a LOT.... i been playing this game since beta, i suffer all the hacks, bugs and the spensive crap in the shop, i actually buy a 40$ mount, YES 40$ mount is consider a "micro transaction". The biggest problem is that when you get to max lvl you dont have anything to do, the pvp is bad, the foundry is fun the first 3 times, the rest is just the same over and over again, is linear, the quest are ginding and boring.
    My advice is STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME, looks nice but is not fun and is gonna try to milk you, FTP is a lie, like the cake.
  12. Jun 28, 2013
    Leveling characters, gameplay and graphics provide quite a nice experience. Apart from that, the gameplay gets boring pretty fast. The Pay-to-win aspect of the game is pretty minimal. I got everything I needed for 4 level 60 characters without spending a single dime. My biggest complaint about the game is the lack of end game content and how actually easy it is to clear all content so fast. Sure there will be expansions, but at the moment, the ever dull gameplay (although quite pleasing at first) and the unbalanced dungeon run rewards makes this title really good for a 1 week experience but not more. Expand
  13. Oct 14, 2013
    I wanted to love this game and stayed through the 2nd big expansion. BUT...
    bugs are late to be fixed,
    cap is way to fast (really, this is the opposite of a grind),
    no auto route was fine until they started adding dailies, dungeons all are same with different pixels maze insane adds at end,
    'changes' to class abilities got old fast and devs dont seem concerned (as if they made the
    game for them and not the customer)
    Best gear ought to make your time in the mmo easier (not saying it should be easy)- but not here and if you go back to lower lvl to help someone it actually seems harder than your first time around,
    money grubbing... at these prices, I should have gone to Disneyland.
    They got me and what a waste. Just wish I could get the time and back to put into something that I can play for more than a few weeks.
  14. Nov 28, 2013
    This is mechanically sound ARPG crippled by redundant WOW features and horrible monetisation scheme.

Bugs that are well documented but never get fixed for months. Broken and not working character abilities. AH dupe that destroyed the economy. Goldsellers spam in chat like its Diablo 2. Terrible community, players that never say hi and leave without a word. Lockboxes gambling. P2W PVP
    with 2 maps ruined by the absence of matchmaking, constant leavers and players who have few thousand dollars worth of enchants thanks to aforementioned AH dupe. Itemshop prices that begin from 30$. Centered around whales: "You pay me 5$? Sorry but I don't think I want your money". Incredibly dull completely instanced PVE with all zones having absolutely the same structure and progression without any chance for exploration. Stay away from Neverwinter. Expand
  15. Dec 8, 2013
    The game does not have european servers, that means you will have 300+ ping. In combination with combat system that demands your quick reactions it means you wont evade anything, you wont be able to compete in PvP etc.

I do NOT recommend this game for anybody from central and eastern Europe.
  16. Aug 29, 2013
    I am not going to post any review this time, just some links, so you can see Neverwinter Online exploits and bugs with your own eyes (captured in instance "Malabog Castle"):
    bit.ly/1a18DSP http://bit.ly/17laXA7 |
    And my fav one Neverwinter Inception style: http://bit.ly/15zqtrs
    Enough? What about some serious modem/routers disconnects, directly caused by this game?

You've been warned.
  17. Sep 8, 2013
    This game can't decide if it wants to be a PVP focused battle arena game, or a PVE/role-playing game. In order to make the PVP "balanced" between the classes, all the classes that D&D fans know and love have been reworked into some homogeneous soup. Class diversity has been scrapped, and all classes are designed to "kill each other equally" making them boring to an extreme. The classic D&D rules are gone, and now leveling up entails selecting a tiny increases to marginal stats and cooldowns (1% damage increase here, 1% cooldown reduction there). No more role playing. In the end, this is a very average MMO, that ignores everything that made D&D in general (and Neverwinter Nights specifically) great. Expand
  18. Oct 25, 2013
    This has to be the buggiest game known to man. The developers don't seem to care a hoot about making this game fun to play. Very poor design overall and the execution is terrible. Needs a new owner/management.
  19. Jul 3, 2013
    This game has last century DX9 graphics and a horrible P2W cash shop. Nevermind that the game is full of exploiters, hacks and the character customization is the worst in MMO history.
  20. Dec 31, 2013
    game that crashes constantly when you try to enter a new area, that take 3000 years to download patches that don't fix a boring, uninteresting storyline, and generally a big waste of time ****/10 would never touch again
  21. Jan 18, 2014
    This game is completely beyond terrible. I am convinced that most of the positive reviews on this website are posted by the makers of this game. gaming websites and magazines giving this game a positive review is disgraceful, they are obvisouly paid off by the game developers to do so. The forgotten realms franchise needs to be moved on and put into more capable hands such as the makers of baldurs gate.

This is an absolute disgraceful game, suitable for little kids under 10 years old May be
  22. Jul 23, 2013
    While the game is somewhat fun to play at the beginning, in that mindless action kind of way, it's not really that fun for the time you invest. There's no real narrative story, and no real sense of fun. Max Level end game is even worse, the PvE monsters just have a ridiculous amount of health and the minions just keep respawning. It's a cheap way to make it seem difficult when it's not, and it's not fun. You're literally just hitting the boss monster for 15-30 minutes waiting for it to die while trying to stay alive, seriously. There's also not much to do at end game, and what's worse is everything is geared toward trying to get you to spend money on the game at ridiculous cost vs the value you get. They also nerf the classes for stupid reasons which may break your character build, and they have traps where if you choose wrong during leveling, you have to pay money to fix it later. The whole game is designed around getting you to invest time in the game, and then trying to get you to give them money. If you are a fan of D&D or the previous Neverwinter Night PC games, this Neverwinter MMO is nothing like either of those. You're better off not even trying it. Expand
  23. Jun 26, 2013
    I give it a 1 to be friendly. Because this is the worst mmo i have ever experienced since 2003.
    Full of exploits hackers, bots. High priced zen shop you can buy end-game gear with cash directly from auction house by trading zen-diamonds. Most of classes are broken and become boring after a wile.
    Terrible optimized huge lag spikes everywhere. PVP is a arena of bots and exploits.
  24. Dec 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When you first play the game it seems fun but after awhile the flaws show through like Miley Cyrus. It comes off as FTP but it is tries to goad you into spending a lot of money. My character was level 16 still using a level 6 bow and yet in one dungeon run I got 8 epic lock boxes that cost real money to unlock. You have to gamble in the hopes that one of the boxes may contain a useful item. The game even spams you on what others got if they payed to open their endless supply of lock boxes as a means to goad you to do the same. To be honest I never did because it seemed so blatantly obvious. I realize a FTP game requires some form of revenue to justify the game, but there is a fine balance between nudging a player to pay and pushing them to pay. Not only do they push you they want to charge you exorbitant prices as well. It ruins the game because you realize rather quickly how dependent the game play is based upon how much you are will to spend. If you give in to temptation you will spend far, far, more than the game is worth.
    The mouse look feature was just ridiculous. You are in this constant mouse look where your mouse movement moves your view around and that is how you target individuals and then you have to always hit 'f' to communicate with someone. It gets old fast. If you want to click on a radial menu you have to hit 'alt' to get out of mouse look which then makes the whole screen go quasi-dark while the items you wish to select remain in full color. The problem is not only does it come off clunky but it looks as if you are pausing the game when you are not. Good luck trying to activate some control with your screen darkened and then hear some half-orc start pounding you.
    The Foundry where individual players can make their own quests to share seemed pretty good in concept until you actually play. Don't get me wrong there are some good ones but there are many that are amateurish. Case in point, I took part in a player created quest that was rated at 5 stars (very good), but I couldn't finish it because the 3 different solutions to finish the quest all required I had to have some skill or item which I didn't have and was stuck until I just exited the quest incomplete. It would have been nice if it told me ahead of time what I needed. Not only that but the player had put two males in a hotel room and asked if I wanted to participate or something and in another room there was a man with a horse on the bed. The man had a stupid grin on his face and the dialog stated "I don't want to know." Neither of those two scenarios provided anything to the completion of the quest and instead just came off as amateurish. Oh, and you can only do an in-game review of a quest if you finish it so in this case I was unable to share my experience because I had to exit the quest prematurely.
    In another player created quest that was actually kind of good there was an element of pointless dialog. My character kept asking the ghost in the scenario if it was going to help me fight the monsters. Each time the answer was no and yet my character kept asking. Why? What was the point? It actually got kind of annoying. Another part was the player had created some mini-background story for each boss in the dungeon. It was kind of cool because it helped to give you an immersive experience but it lost its impact when each boss had to have some cool sounding name to their history (that's why he is called Reaper of Souls, or that's why he was named Harvester of Light). Yawn, oh well. So I have mixed feelings about the Foundry. Depending on the creativity of the individual and their maturity level you may get some really good quests or you may get a lot of stupid ones.
    I played WOW for a number of years, I still do, and one thing that is good about wow was the ability to choose need or greed on a dungeon item. In Neverwinter you can do the same but it is done in a way that negates the concept. When loot drops it is not identified. Your character could potentially need it because it shows as green but you won't know fully unless you actually choose need to increase your chance of winning the item over those who select greed. If you therefore win it you have to use an identity scroll to see what it is. You would end up with something your character could use but not necessarily need because you already have something good in that slot. Because of the game not letting you know what you are rolling for you have to roll need every time or else you will lose out since ever one else will always roll need. The only point is to get you to use up your identity scrolls and nothing more. It is just plain stupid.
    Bottom line: the game is a cash cow to exploit the players. The game seems fun for the first few days but gets old quick. Like being in a new relationship the game plays upon that excitement in the hopes you will spend a lot while you are still giddy, but in the end you feel cheated because you realized you were just being used.
  25. Jan 4, 2014
    With several "TOP MMORPG" lists saying how awesome Neverwinter is, I finally decided to try it. Biggest. Mistake. Ever. Game graphics are nowhere near the trailer. They have premade heads for customization but all options are blocky and just not pretty at all. You can try to tweak it yourself but nothing helps. I've spent over an hour creating a character and it was just terrible.

Gameplay is interesting... IF you can actually play! The game lags so much you'll find your character doing the Cha Cha (it's a dance) half the time and the other half he's just crazy jumping all over the place. I keep getting Server is not Responding at the top and no amount of complaining in their forum will get you help. Zero Customer Service. I'm not even surprised to see the other guy's review saying customer service told him they can't reimburse him for his missing in game items.
  26. Mar 21, 2014
    Neverwinter has a combat system that can be very engaging and fun, but the game suffers in almost every other department. The graphics are mediocre for a game released in 2013, story almost non-existent, a PAY A LOT OF $$$ TO LOSE/USE ABUSIVE BUGGY BUILDS TO WIN game, lack of end game content coupled with easily exploitable dungeons, balance is incredibly poor between classes and within each class, PVP exists only in two capture the tower maps and a single 20v20 "horse race" capture map, and PVP balance is incredibly poor due to gamebreaking bugs that make three builds: sentinel GWF, permastealth TR, melee HR, literally two to four times stronger than other classes/builds in PVP, and endgame PVE only done by three classes with very specific builds: destroyer buggy deep gash GWF, spellstorm CW, and debuff DC. The incredible imbalance in this game virtually makes half the classes and over 75% of in-class abilities UNUSED CONTENT in a game with already not that much content, and balance gets continuously worse such as recent changes to PVP turning it into an excessively long and boring game of slowly beating people over the head until the more overpowered build and overgeared players win with SKILL being even more irrelevant than before.

This could have been a great game, but due to the devs' apathy, incompetence, and unwillingness to listen to all the good advice players who care about the game gave to them and instead delete their posts and ban them from forums, it is bleeding players at an alarming rate and it's only a short matter of time before the game is dead.
  27. Jan 29, 2014
    This game should be released 10 years ago, then maybe it could have been new and interesting. Now it just boring, with dump gameplay and outdated graphics.
  28. Mar 23, 2014
    Alright, so i've decided to try for the first time a game in the Free-to-Play category on Steam, i decided to give Neverwinter a go.

Launcher ask to register an account, register account, site redirects to Gmail website (since i've used a Gmail address to register the account) despite the account being already logged in, which is suspicious.

Never received a confirmation email, so
    i've tried to recover the password to see if it would help fix the problem, nope.

It redirects me to Arc Games which apparently is the new website for PWE, so i put the details in order to receive the new password... account doesn't exist, so i proceed to register again and the site tells me the mail is already being used. GOD.

I'm in 2014 and i can't believe how these annoying things still happen, seriously this is pure rubbish at best, and i'm not even going to waste more time with this and i'm pretty sure this is common to happen but i don't care, seriously sometimes i think i was sent back in time.
  29. Jan 7, 2014
    This game is the perfect reason why people should hate Free to Play games. (Pay to Win)

The combat is the only thing that is pretty nifty in the game. Other than that it's a grind and how you have to pay real life money to get a random bag to not even get what you want is a joke. Want that cool companion that isn't garbage that you initially get? Well for $30.00 you can get a pretty
    decent companion.. well what if you want to raid and only have the crappy companion that the game gives you.. good luck. I've seen people get booted for not having the epic character companions.

Want to craft things, well after waiting over 8 hours or more for your hirelings to finish (unless you pay to speed it up) it takes forever. Most crafting items later on will require items that you can only get from the AH which will be super expensive or you can pay $16.00 for random loot bags that might contain the hammer or pick or sheer tool.. all depends but I've spent over $50.00 to get a hammer so I can progress and zero luck.

Just a huge money sink to progress and I'm ashamed of myself for falling into this trap of a game.
  30. Dec 9, 2013
    Note: it looks to be a quite enjoyable game, and the cinematics are stunning. The low review is due to tech and customer support, which is nil as I couldn't even contact them. If this improves, I'm more than happy to up the review.

It looks a lovely game but beware the firm's tech support. I've just tried to play a new character, but their server failed mid-game. I'm told to report the
    error, but their website actively stops you from doing so due to abysmally poor design (demanding I select catergory, yet I had already done so). Going to contact them directly about this additional error, I'm told 'Your question hasn't been submitted'.

So far I've played 15 minutes, but spent 30 trying to report a server failure to them, and having to navigate their pathetic website. Sadly, as this game is online, server stability, website function, and helpful support are aspects of the gaming experience. I could log into the game, but my character couldn't be retrieved, nor could I make another one to just get playing again, and best of all, I couldn't even access their shop. So the login worked, but nothing else did!

In summation: Enjoy the free game and the beautiful cinematics of Neverwinter, but be extremely cautious about giving this firm any money. I doubt you'll be able to contact them if something inevitably goes wrong. I just hope that my experience was a one off.
  31. Jul 21, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game, but couldn't get into it. There were too many bugs to feel comfortable and it seemed just a bit too money hungry. Maybe in time it will improve.
  32. Dec 1, 2013
    I wanted to like this game. I really did. I even spent money on it. If you want to play. play for free but do NOT buy Zen (Perfect World's game currency). I did and the game was no more engaging or manageable. It was a waste. Play for free until you get sick of it. And you will.

Pro's: Good graphics. Good quality, I don't think I ever crashed and the performance seemed reasonable.

Cons: All the following and more.

Poor playability: It starts out fun but at the high end the quests go from challenging to impossible. I felt frustrated and angry. I'll admit I'm not a 12 year old twitcher who lives the game. However, I'm not a rookie either. I'd say I fall in the middle of the bell curve. The end-game is not designed for the casual gamer.

Zen costs: this is a pay as you go game. As I said above. Don't bother paying. The prices for in-game items are beyond sanity and they don't do a whole lot to differentiate your character or allow you to make it through any quest that might be giving you ulcers.

Feats: tons of feats with no real objective. They're just carrots. They don't provide any major character differentiation or any serious bonuses to game play.

Powers: again, lots of powers. Some good, some WTF. Basically the feat tree and the power tree look as though the designers needed to fill in space. It's akin to a bad high school essay where the teacher says it has to be at least xxxx number of words. Allow me to explain in a 20 word sentence. The game designers really, really, really, really, really, really, really didn't put a lot of thought into the progression process.

Crafting: the system isn't bad but, except for the Leadership skill, the products are crap. You get better items from adventuring, which leads to the question: why am I doing this? In NW's defense, I haven't seen any MMO get crafting right. It seems like it's always thrown in as an afterthought so marketing can say, "Yes, we have crafting!" No, you really don't.

Quest rewards: akin to crafting. You just busted your butt beating up the boss. Can't wait for that tasty end of story arc quest reward? Awe, sorry. It's just a regular item with a fancy name.

House keeping: there are no mailboxes or banks in zones besides Protector's Enclave (the "home" zone). However, you can buy a "Bag of Holding" for a 1,000 zen. 1,000 zen costs $10. Yep, you have to pay $10 for a virtual friggin' bag. Can you say ridiculous.

Classes: at the time of writing this there are only 5. And none of them seem to live up to there respective roles.

Customization: Little to none. Unless, of course, you want to buy some dyes.

Travel: Most zones only have one way in or out. Getting to or from the further parts of the zone is a time waste. This isn't my biggest complaint as the zones are reasonably sized but they could have done a better job.

Overall this is a game with potential that falls prey to sloppy game design and unrealistic pricing schemes. Like most online games it seems to follow the mantra, "Let's throw crap at our customers until they complain, then maybe we'll fix it." I'm tried of paying companies to test their theories. Hire a UX consultant to do that.
  33. Dec 9, 2013
    Not worth the time. With so many other free to play games available, there is no reason to play this game. I found myself searching for anything about the game to be worthwhile and was left empty handed. The story development is dry and confusing, the game play is repetitive and boring, and the general feel is that this is a rushed game. Unfortunately, I find nothing about this game appealing and felt like I had wasted my time playing it. Expand
  34. Mar 5, 2014
    Horrible P2Win. Full of grind and bots. Unbalanced classes.
    PWI don't offer any assistance or support to you, and you can't give negative feedback in their forums because they will delete your posts.
  35. Mar 21, 2014
    I started the game to see if I’d like it's supposed focus on action packed combat. To be honest I was disappointed. The potential for the combat system was immediately apparent to me but an almost criminal lack of polish or customization, and boring gameplay withhold this title from greatness.

The good:
    1. it's free (self-explanatory I hope)
    2. it's accessible: your character's main
    attacks are mapped to the mouse buttons like in Diablo III or Torchlight II. You also will not ever find half your screen occupied by different abilities and stats screens such as in WoW.
    3. the population is healthy: even in the starting area this far into the launch there was a large volume of players present. This at least means you won't be lonely in the land of....eh...whatever it's called.

The Bad:
    1. "is that supposed to be lip sync?" is what I wondered at every piece of cheesy dialogue. there was a full second delay between the voices of NPC's and their character model's lips moving up and down stiffly.
    2. graphics are atrocious: I have maxed out the settings on my beefy rig and my god does it look bad...please, if you value graphical fidelity avoid this.
    3. It's buggy: voices playing through each other, constant patching scripts, getting stuck in geometry... all the hallmarks of a low polish title are here.

disclaimer: please note that I did not play more than 2 hours of the game. I have a large library of games at my disposal and precious little play time available. I stopped playing the game because I did not feel like it was worth my time. tastes will differ and I recommend you balance my bad review with positive ones. But in my opinion it's just really bad and not worth your time. the concept behind the battle system has so much win in it though. Hence I refuse to give this title a 1.
  36. Apr 6, 2014
    The combat is fun. Unfortunately, that is the only thing this game has going for it. PvP is massively broken thanks to bots farming glory, player created content has little to no reward for doing it thanks to Craptic's policy of "it's okay to farm OUR content, but don't you dare design more efficient farms than ours".
    The chat system is so broken and badly designed, it's not funny. Every
    single Craptic title has the same feature, IE: If a certain amount of people ignore you, you get a 24 hour silencing. Takes even less people using the "report spam" feature on you to silence you for 24.....and people are grouping together to silence others intentionally. Oh, and if the silence falls in one of their games...it hits in all of their games.

Sure all content is free...except for certain races restricted to packs only....which is the exact opposite of what Craptic advertised in the beginning. They said "no charging for races, classes or content." and that went the way of the dodo in the first "expansion pack".

Character customization is nonexistant. You will look like everyone else in the game....just different colors. Sure, you can dye your armor...but it's still the same damn armor everyone else wears.

Questing is on rails.

Having played a character to level 40(yes, I sunk some time into this game. I'm not just going to give it ten or so hours and trash it) I can honestly say the game is NOT pay to win.....it IS, however pay to be comfortable, which is much worse, IMHO. You can't truly enjoy the game unless you lay out some cash....and then things get worse. Upgrading characters to be able to do high end content WILL cost you either money or years of time. Yes, literally years.

Bottom line: Don't waste your time on this free to pay game, nor this company.
  37. Apr 8, 2014
    WORST F2P game ever made the developers don't care about gamers because they get 0 money from this so they ignore gamer requests they don't effectively fix bugs and most of all u can't even create an account because their customer service suckkkks ass.I waited 5 days for a confirmation email that i never got.I got the chance to play it multiple times at my colleauges pc and it was horrible no depth and no kill for skill u just get 5000000000 bollion xp and reach level cap in a matter of days .It also falls to usual mmo rpg traps the graphics are good but THIS GAMES IS LIKE A BLOND GIRL SHE MIGHT LOOK PRETTY BUT SHE ISN'T SMART FINAL SCORE FOR THIS PIECE OF CRAP TIME GRABBING NO CARING **** GAME IS AN 1 OUT OF 10 MANY THAT PLAY THIS KIND OF GENRE FOR THE FIRST TIME WILL SAY IT IS GOOD BUT VETERANS WILL SIMPLY HATE IT WE HAD BETTER GO PLAY DIABLO 2 OR PATH OF THE EXILE Expand
  38. Aug 29, 2013
    bit.ly/1a18DSP http://bit.ly/17laXA7 |
    And my fav one Neverwinter Inception style: http://bit.ly/15zqtrs

You've been warned.

1. Oct 8, 2013
    As a D&D and Neverwinter Nights fan, I wanted to see what an MMO version offered, and I came away feeling that it accomplished its goals, if only for a month or so. It's like a single-player sandbox dungeon; when I reached what felt to be the proverbial end, it was time to move on.
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    Neverwinter is a disappointing MMO. There isn’t a lot of freedom for players to roam and it doesn’t re-imagine itself in the open world genre. For a free-to-play game it offers too little.
  3. Sep 6, 2013
    Neverwinter is one of the best free-to-play games this year, with its fluid combat, extensive amount of quests, and Foundry tool in which players can create their own adventures. Most importantly, premium points and items don't affect the game for those who choose to adventure on the free route. Role-playing fans owe themselves an extended journey to the world of Neverwinter.