5.8

1. Jul 14, 2013
    This game starts out quite fun. Decent combat for an MMO, linear questing and the foundry is an interesting concept.

But after you've scratched the surface, you'll find nothing but exploitative PW cash shop (pay IRL money for respecs????) the game has been hacked to shreds and they refuse to reset not to mention the region locking.

Avoid.
  2. Jun 20, 2013
    A huge disappointment, and I will explain why.

(1) Forget about customizing your character. Unlike in something like DDO.com, where even in character creation you're picking feats, skills, spells and stats, Neverwinter gives you almost no ability to customize your character. Playing up to level 10 or so, I've not seen any serious flexibility in the abilities my character has. You can
    A huge disappointment, and I will explain why.

(1) Forget about customizing your character.
    Unlike in something like DDO.com, where even in character creation you're picking feats, skills, spells and stats, Neverwinter gives you almost no ability to customize your character. Playing up to level 10 or so, I've not seen any serious flexibility in the abilities my character has. You can only slot about 5 different attacks, maximum, unlike in other D&D games where you could have literally dozens of abilities available at any time. This makes Neverwinter seem dull even in comparison to games like DDO and NWN which were released many years ago.

(2) Start caring about your twitch skills
    Combat in Neverwinter is very different to any other D&D game I've played. In most D&D games, it is your armor, your spells, your general character build that matter. It doesn't matter if you stand in a pile of kobolds if you have crafted yourself some armor of invulnerability, have enough armor class, or the right spells, they cannot hit you AT ALL. Other D&D games reward thinking, planning, and generally knowing your stuff. Neverwinter doesn't care about any of that, all it rewards are twitch skills. Enemy mage about to fireball you? Forget having fire resistance gear. Forget ducking around a corner. Forget casting a protective spell, or trying to take him out first. In Neverwinter, a red circle appears on the ground and you run away from it. That's it. It takes all the depth out of the game, making it more about your average first person shooter's twitch skills than anything which resembles any other D&D game I've ever played.

(3) Get ready to be treated like you're 8
    Everything in Neverwinter glows, flashes, or sometimes both at once. Yes, it looks pretty, but after awhile you start to feel like the game's designers consider you their personal lab rodent easily distracted by anything shiny.

(4) Enjoy your weak-ass characters
    Going back to DDO.com, in that game, I can construct a level 4-7 mage who can one-shot kill entire groups of enemies with a single spell. Yes, it takes game knowledge, crafting, etc, but it is possible. If you know your stuff you can absolutely kick ass in amazing ways. In Neverwinter, it takes a long time to kill each enemy, and AOE effects tend to be quite weak. The result is that, for my class (wizard/sorc) at least, it plays more like a slow grind fest than a game in which I'm supposed to be an offensive caster.

Upsides:
    Neverwinter does look pretty, and the ability to have player-created dungeons is great. That said, nothing can disguise the fact this game is based on the horrible 4th edition rules, which severely limit your gameplay in all the ways that actually matter. If your child wants an easy introduction to D&D, give them this. If, on the other hand, you're considering trying this yourself, don't bother. Even ancient D&D games like NWN, or MMOs like DDO, have far deeper immersion and more meaningful choices.
  3. Jun 20, 2013
    I wanted to play this game, but when I try to download it, it says to me "Disabled Region". So in 21th century we divide people on those who can play the game and those who can not? I believe I can't see any good in this game since i am not even good enough to play it here from Russia. Thanks, get your negative feedback.
  4. Mar 21, 2014
    Neverwinter has a combat system that can be very engaging and fun, but the game suffers in almost every other department. The graphics are mediocre for a game released in 2013, story almost non-existent, a PAY A LOT OF $$$ TO LOSE/USE ABUSIVE BUGGY BUILDS TO WIN game, lack of end game content coupled with easily exploitable dungeons, balance is incredibly poor between classes and withinNeverwinter has a combat system that can be very engaging and fun, but the game suffers in almost every other department. The graphics are mediocre for a game released in 2013, story almost non-existent, a PAY A LOT OF $$$ TO LOSE/USE ABUSIVE BUGGY BUILDS TO WIN game, lack of end game content coupled with easily exploitable dungeons, balance is incredibly poor between classes and within each class, PVP exists only in two capture the tower maps and a single 20v20 "horse race" capture map, and PVP balance is incredibly poor due to gamebreaking bugs that make three builds: sentinel GWF, permastealth TR, melee HR, literally two to four times stronger than other classes/builds in PVP, and endgame PVE only done by three classes with very specific builds: destroyer buggy deep gash GWF, spellstorm CW, and debuff DC. The incredible imbalance in this game virtually makes half the classes and over 75% of in-class abilities UNUSED CONTENT in a game with already not that much content, and balance gets continuously worse such as recent changes to PVP turning it into an excessively long and boring game of slowly beating people over the head until the more overpowered build and overgeared players win with SKILL being even more irrelevant than before.

This could have been a great game, but due to the devs' apathy, incompetence, and unwillingness to listen to all the good advice players who care about the game gave to them and instead delete their posts and ban them from forums, it is bleeding players at an alarming rate and it's only a short matter of time before the game is dead.
  5. CWM
    Aug 14, 2014
    When you start the game it feels awesome! However the more you play the less it feels like D&D.
    The combat ist fun! But after a couple days you realize that the whole combat happens around evading enemy special attack via shift-move into a direction. In fact a Tank is totaly gimped cause he cant evade instead he blocks and gues what blocking is nonsense in this game. The higher you get the less people need a tank.
    Because the whole combat is NOTHING but evading special attacks a class that can control enemys is superior. That means many high end groups consists of 4 mages and a cleric..... but even the cleric isnt needed when the mages are good.
    As a perfect World game its a pure DPS race.... you played Star Treck online? Yes same here. No strategy.... DPS > All

Game can be played for free, and for quite some time.... you WILL buy a Horse eventualy (30€ alone for that on average lol). Bigger inventory helps too. Nothing gamebreaking.... untill you get to max level. Enchanting your weapons can cost a fortune. So in the endgame you realy need so invest some Cash if you plan to compete in PVP.

Overal the game is not a strategic D&D game but a asian action grinder. But a GOOD one! So you like asian action grinder then you will LOVE this game! All others dont INVEST cash.
  6. Dec 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When you first play the game it seems fun but after awhile the flaws show through like Miley Cyrus. It comes off as FTP but it is tries to goad you into spending a lot of money. My character was level 16 still using a level 6 bow and yet in one dungeon run I got 8 epic lock boxes that cost real money to unlock. You have to gamble in the hopes that one of the boxes may contain a useful item. The game even spams you on what others got if they payed to open their endless supply of lock boxes as a means to goad you to do the same. To be honest I never did because it seemed so blatantly obvious. I realize a FTP game requires some form of revenue to justify the game, but there is a fine balance between nudging a player to pay and pushing them to pay. Not only do they push you they want to charge you exorbitant prices as well. It ruins the game because you realize rather quickly how dependent the game play is based upon how much you are will to spend. If you give in to temptation you will spend far, far, more than the game is worth.
    The mouse look feature was just ridiculous. You are in this constant mouse look where your mouse movement moves your view around and that is how you target individuals and then you have to always hit 'f' to communicate with someone. It gets old fast. If you want to click on a radial menu you have to hit 'alt' to get out of mouse look which then makes the whole screen go quasi-dark while the items you wish to select remain in full color. The problem is not only does it come off clunky but it looks as if you are pausing the game when you are not. Good luck trying to activate some control with your screen darkened and then hear some half-orc start pounding you.
    The Foundry where individual players can make their own quests to share seemed pretty good in concept until you actually play. Don't get me wrong there are some good ones but there are many that are amateurish. Case in point, I took part in a player created quest that was rated at 5 stars (very good), but I couldn't finish it because the 3 different solutions to finish the quest all required I had to have some skill or item which I didn't have and was stuck until I just exited the quest incomplete. It would have been nice if it told me ahead of time what I needed. Not only that but the player had put two males in a hotel room and asked if I wanted to participate or something and in another room there was a man with a horse on the bed. The man had a stupid grin on his face and the dialog stated "I don't want to know." Neither of those two scenarios provided anything to the completion of the quest and instead just came off as amateurish. Oh, and you can only do an in-game review of a quest if you finish it so in this case I was unable to share my experience because I had to exit the quest prematurely.
    In another player created quest that was actually kind of good there was an element of pointless dialog. My character kept asking the ghost in the scenario if it was going to help me fight the monsters. Each time the answer was no and yet my character kept asking. Why? What was the point? It actually got kind of annoying. Another part was the player had created some mini-background story for each boss in the dungeon. It was kind of cool because it helped to give you an immersive experience but it lost its impact when each boss had to have some cool sounding name to their history (that's why he is called Reaper of Souls, or that's why he was named Harvester of Light). Yawn, oh well. So I have mixed feelings about the Foundry. Depending on the creativity of the individual and their maturity level you may get some really good quests or you may get a lot of stupid ones.
    I played WOW for a number of years, I still do, and one thing that is good about wow was the ability to choose need or greed on a dungeon item. In Neverwinter you can do the same but it is done in a way that negates the concept. When loot drops it is not identified. Your character could potentially need it because it shows as green but you won't know fully unless you actually choose need to increase your chance of winning the item over those who select greed. If you therefore win it you have to use an identity scroll to see what it is. You would end up with something your character could use but not necessarily need because you already have something good in that slot. Because of the game not letting you know what you are rolling for you have to roll need every time or else you will lose out since ever one else will always roll need. The only point is to get you to use up your identity scrolls and nothing more. It is just plain stupid.
    Bottom line: the game is a cash cow to exploit the players. The game seems fun for the first few days but gets old quick. Like being in a new relationship the game plays upon that excitement in the hopes you will spend a lot while you are still giddy, but in the end you feel cheated because you realized you were just being used.
  7. Aug 3, 2014
    The game have a nice story and can be played... and that's just about it. There is very evident paywall between you and everything else - any upgrade for your companions, gear, and respec points. This damages the experience so much that at some point the "henchman" you bring along with you actually gets in the way more than it helps. This alongside with the very poor AI attached to yourThe game have a nice story and can be played... and that's just about it. There is very evident paywall between you and everything else - any upgrade for your companions, gear, and respec points. This damages the experience so much that at some point the "henchman" you bring along with you actually gets in the way more than it helps. This alongside with the very poor AI attached to your companions will often get you frustrated with their limited ability to act effectively . Same goes for the profesion trees. You practicaly have no use for any of them but leadership witch alow you to get some aditional astral diamonds. The game have 3 currencies. Gold (largely useless), astral diamonds (can be used for almost anything) and Zen (you can get anything with it). Zen can be obtained (at the moment) only with real money. There is astral diamond to Zen exchange but at this moment the Zen backorder is so high that it takes ages to get any and this is only logical as the only way to get one is for a player to sell it. The sad truth about it is that you have absolutely no incentive to sell Zen as you can have anything with Zen...

The chracter progression is so flat that it actually doesn't matter what stats you will get... The only thing you can make is difference is the skill pick order and its really limited difference. I have played a tank based control wizard - and it have less than 20% difference in combat time... ... ... ... worthless to say the least. Just get health on any character and you win.

PVP is the stupidiest idea you can have in the endgame... The only way you can win is to get items with alot of ZEN and to be pay-to-win player. I played like 2 matches at level 60 (end game level) and totaly quit the PVP.

Besides all that nonsence the game have like 1200-1700-2000 miliseconds server lag that kills any idea for player risks. Don't even try to approach that game as MOBA. It will be your worst mistake.
  8. Mar 21, 2014
    I started the game to see if I’d like it's supposed focus on action packed combat. To be honest I was disappointed. The potential for the combat system was immediately apparent to me but an almost criminal lack of polish or customization, and boring gameplay withhold this title from greatness.

The good: 1. it's free (self-explanatory I hope) 2. it's accessible: your character's main

The good:
    1. it's free (self-explanatory I hope)
    2. it's accessible: your character's main attacks are mapped to the mouse buttons like in Diablo III or Torchlight II. You also will not ever find half your screen occupied by different abilities and stats screens such as in WoW.
    3. the population is healthy: even in the starting area this far into the launch there was a large volume of players present. This at least means you won't be lonely in the land of....eh...whatever it's called.

The Bad:
    1. "is that supposed to be lip sync?" is what I wondered at every piece of cheesy dialogue. there was a full second delay between the voices of NPC's and their character model's lips moving up and down stiffly.
    2. graphics are atrocious: I have maxed out the settings on my beefy rig and my god does it look bad...please, if you value graphical fidelity avoid this.
    3. It's buggy: voices playing through each other, constant patching scripts, getting stuck in geometry... all the hallmarks of a low polish title are here.

disclaimer: please note that I did not play more than 2 hours of the game. I have a large library of games at my disposal and precious little play time available. I stopped playing the game because I did not feel like it was worth my time. tastes will differ and I recommend you balance my bad review with positive ones. But in my opinion it's just really bad and not worth your time. the concept behind the battle system has so much win in it though. Hence I refuse to give this title a 1.
  9. Apr 6, 2014
    The combat is fun. Unfortunately, that is the only thing this game has going for it. PvP is massively broken thanks to bots farming glory, player created content has little to no reward for doing it thanks to Craptic's policy of "it's okay to farm OUR content, but don't you dare design more efficient farms than ours".
    The chat system is so broken and badly designed, it's not funny. Every
    The chat system is so broken and badly designed, it's not funny. Every single Craptic title has the same feature, IE: If a certain amount of people ignore you, you get a 24 hour silencing. Takes even less people using the "report spam" feature on you to silence you for 24.....and people are grouping together to silence others intentionally. Oh, and if the silence falls in one of their games...it hits in all of their games.

Sure all content is free...except for certain races restricted to packs only....which is the exact opposite of what Craptic advertised in the beginning. They said "no charging for races, classes or content." and that went the way of the dodo in the first "expansion pack".

Character customization is nonexistant. You will look like everyone else in the game....just different colors. Sure, you can dye your armor...but it's still the same damn armor everyone else wears.

Questing is on rails.

Having played a character to level 40(yes, I sunk some time into this game. I'm not just going to give it ten or so hours and trash it) I can honestly say the game is NOT pay to win.....it IS, however pay to be comfortable, which is much worse, IMHO. You can't truly enjoy the game unless you lay out some cash....and then things get worse. Upgrading characters to be able to do high end content WILL cost you either money or years of time. Yes, literally years.

Bottom line: Don't waste your time on this free to pay game, nor this company.
  10. May 16, 2014
    An MMO on rails. Graphic elements are repetitive, and variation in dungeon layouts are lacking. If you prefer to explore and free roam, this is not a game for you. You follow the quests, and there is no way to get lost, since the environments are highly constrictive. In the same vein, the classes are also highly restricted, no deviation at all in classes. Your class are strictlyAn MMO on rails. Graphic elements are repetitive, and variation in dungeon layouts are lacking. If you prefer to explore and free roam, this is not a game for you. You follow the quests, and there is no way to get lost, since the environments are highly constrictive. In the same vein, the classes are also highly restricted, no deviation at all in classes. Your class are strictly confounded to a certain set of armor and weapons. Also, you are constantly being reminded that you need to spend money if you want to really advance, the micro-transaction aspect of the game is always in your face.

On a good note, the game gives you the feeling of being uber terrific tough by letting you kill hordes of enemies. The real time targeting system is also enjoyable because it makes the game feel more than a running spreadsheet. The Internet features, the mini game, and crafting aspects are also a nice addition to the game.

Overall, though the strengths of the game cannot overcome the very restrictive environments and classes. You really feel you are playing an arcade game, long live Golden Ax.
  11. Aug 5, 2014
    This could be a really good game, but it is riddled with bugs and glitches, regular unplanned maintenance and the customer support is absolutely disgraceful, i cannot even begin to explain how bad it is. The game has great gameplay when it works but this should really be renamed "Neverworks" . Avoid it as you will only be dissappointed
  12. Jun 22, 2014
    any new players to the game, quit now before you put your time in. I put 6 months into the game and lost everything. game full of glitches and hackers, you can lose astral and equipment for no reason, you can try to contact customer support or "GM HELP" but they will most likely not respond and you will not get anything back. I tried warning people in game chat then received aany new players to the game, quit now before you put your time in. I put 6 months into the game and lost everything. game full of glitches and hackers, you can lose astral and equipment for no reason, you can try to contact customer support or "GM HELP" but they will most likely not respond and you will not get anything back. I tried warning people in game chat then received a notification that i was unable to use the chat system due to "chat abuse." Expand
  13. Aug 17, 2014
    This game WOULD BE AWESOME if everything you wanted wasn't Pay2Win! I myself have blown over $300 just to get extra character slots and some new classes and races since it doesn't seem like they will EVER give them to you for free. Seriously! I had no idea that this game was going to continue down the road like this. I understand buying a starter pack or something, but races, class,This game WOULD BE AWESOME if everything you wanted wasn't Pay2Win! I myself have blown over $300 just to get extra character slots and some new classes and races since it doesn't seem like they will EVER give them to you for free. Seriously! I had no idea that this game was going to continue down the road like this. I understand buying a starter pack or something, but races, class, etc... should be part of the updates just like in Guild Wars 2 (who by the way make a **** load off of their cash shop, but it doesn't interfere with their amazing content updates and isn't required to play, have fun, keep playing at end game, etc...). THIS GAME HAS NOW COST ME ALMOST AS MUCH AS BUYING SEVERAL EXPANSIONS THROUGHOUT THE YEARS WITH World of Warcraft!!! If you want to play this game then expect to eventually be willing to pay out your ass. Otherwise you're very limited in what you can do and play. Who wants to play a game where in order to just get a new race or class you have to shell out $35 to $75 or more! I would have rather purchased the game and payed month subscription fees for content. I will NEVER buy or play another game from Cryptic or Perfect World or any other game companies that continue this horrible Pay2Win concept. (The game itself is ok. Looks good, plays fine, I was really excited about it when it was coming out and stayed with it for a while. I have played maybe 100 hours or so of the game and have many friends who tried it as well. The developers are literally forcing updates that end up changing game mechanics so the few things that you could actually get in-game instead of using the cash shop are not possible anymore or are will take sooooo much time that you'll give up way before (like getting the Angel companion which I hear requires you to log-in once each day for 360 days and you get it for free. A whole damn year!)).

FYI the game Guild Wars 2 that I mentioned before is NOT a pay to win. You just get extra cool stuff if you WANT to from the store that make your character look cool.

Thanks,
    I hope I prevent others from buying these type of titles. Even one person would be worth this review. WE need to STOP contributing to the Pay2Win game concept, so that they will stop making these horrible horrible games that only drain your bank account.
  14. Dec 3, 2014
    Regrettably I have logged over 300 hours in this farce DETRMINED to love it because I am a big time D&D fan. But, I just had to give up and sadly write this review.

I created this account on meta in an effort to save others the costly pain of trying this game. Don't. Flat out, just, DON'T. By the end of your time in game, no matter how long that lasts, you will regret having spent it in Neverwinter.

I gave them a 1 for effort, and that is it. The game works for (only) MOST of the people who try to play it. That is the only good thing I have to say. Otherwise, the game is just a blatant rip off cash grab.

It doesn't MAKE you ptw, but the ability for any yahoo to come in and CHOOSE to ptw is there (and encouraged by the devs).

The storytelling, if you can call it that might as well not even be there it is so bland and lack luster. Their is NEGATIVE involvement in your character interacting with the story or any of its elements. That is right: LESS that zero involvement. (I count "less than zero" meaning that the story is SO bad you don't even WANT to participate in it. You want to find some other way than participating in the story to level your character.)

Classes being unbalanced are at legendary levels in this game, and the devs really seem to have no idea how (or even really care to) address these issues.

End game content is at the same level as the "storytelling", it might as well not even be there it is so bad. The repetition and mindless time waste that end game content represents in this game is epic; even for an MMO.

And please, don't even get me started on their "customer service" department. I mean, I have played many MMOs, so I am used to the customer services departments of MMOs treating their paying clilents with utter contempt like some slimy thing that just crawled out from under a rock. But, PWE takes the cake. Their customer service department is there for one purpose, and one purpose only: to tell you to go F yourself with ANY issue that you may have come to them with. (and yes, that is even AFTER you make the mistake of giving them a little of your hard earned cash.) I am not even joking.

So, again, just save yourself the money, the pain, the time, and the disappointment. No matter how badly you want to like this game, just don't play it. Look elsewhere.
  15. Jan 18, 2015
    Not worth investing too much time into.

Before level 60, it's not as obvious that it's a pay to win game. At level 60, if you pve everything is fine unless you like being kicked out of dungeons so you can't loot. If you are into PVP, expect highly unbalanced matches with whatever broken class comes into play. Expect that you're going to see people with paid for items annihilating
    Not worth investing too much time into.

If you are into PVP, expect highly unbalanced matches with whatever broken class comes into play. Expect that you're going to see people with paid for items annihilating you and broken skills.

Loyal players have stuck it through only to be given horrible customer service. Items lost over bugs and their items not refunded. If you buy the packs that cost over 50 dollars (there's even one that is 200 dollars) you might get better treatment...don't count on it.

People getting banned for dumb reasons only to finally get unbanned weeks later.
    Exploiters not getting banned even though they should.

If you enter the forum with concerns about how broken the game is, mods close down the threads. They do not care about their customers and it's a very toxic environment all around.

In October, they raised 30,000 dollars from us players for extra life charity. They promised we'd get rewards within a couple of weeks. Still haven't obtained them. Once again, another slap in the face.

Avoid this one like the plague.

-Long time player finally fed up with the game.
  16. Jun 30, 2014
    The game looks good. Wizards are okay and warriors feel okay. But... Clerics are so badly designed one wonders if the team on them ever actually played D&D. But that's not why the game is poor overall.

Like most MMOs NW fails to make my character feel special. I have no need to be a foot-soldier. I feel like that in my office. In a game I want to be a proper hero. Also, PvP? Broken/hideous. Back-end security for the game? Seemingly non-existent. Never write down or communicate your details? Never download and open trojans etc? Protect your PC and do all your 'housekeeping'? You can still get hacked and customer service won't help you!
  17. Aug 8, 2014
    No início é até bom, por toda a ambientação que um dia já li nos livros e joguei nos tabuleiros, mas depois vai ficando fácil e enjoativo. Apresenta bugs.
  18. Apr 20, 2014
    The engine and graphics are 'good enough'. The 'action' combat feels slow and plodding enough to completely shatter the illusion, the audio feels like it was mass-purchased from stock audio sites.

The missions are tedious, and the sort of thing you've seen a hundred thousand times before in MMO's. The main draw to this game, the Foundry, could have been excellent but was so marred by bugs that it turned the game into an exploit-a-lot for those who weren't willing to pay the extortionate microtransaction fees.

Overall, my entire experience of this game felt like some cheapskate had knocked together a generic, iPad app-style game, slapped the Dungeons & Dragons logo on it, and stood there refusing to let me have any kind of tolerable experience until I passed them my credit card. If you like to just give away money, send it to me. I'll at least be honest and say you'll get nothing in return.
  19. May 12, 2014
    This game has great potential but is a huge ripoff, boardering on fraud, don't bother playing.

Everything costs money even for basic features like bags, don't expect one to drop from encounters. They promote lock boxes which you have to unlock with keys that you have to buy with real cash. I opened over 20 lockboxes and most were the same item (Alchemist resource kit). Looking on the auction house there are only alchemy kits, which tells you it is not a problem specific to me. When I complained to support I got a generic comment and no attempt at resolution. Looks like my account is also prevented from posting on their forums.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME or at least don't spend a dime.
  20. Jun 6, 2014
    You REALLY want to like the game - it's got the brand of course, the themes, the potential for sharing adventures with your friends and potentially meeting new ones. Oh and it's got the D&D 'BRAND'; so it MUST be excellent content, right?

It's simply hundreds of INDIVIDUALS online who are simply trying to go about leveling their characters as fast as possible and to collect and auction/swindle/scam epic/rare in-game items for redonkulous amounts of Astral Diamonds/In Game Currency. No one even interacts with others. You may as well be alone in your own instance - seriously - a MMO RPG - and NO ONE is interacting with others. The main chat window is constantly spammed with useless classified ads that are full of abbreviations.

Some parts of the game are truly spectacular, and it does have parts that are enjoyable. Unfortunately as a whole it feels like a very broad puddle; shallow from end to end.
  21. Dec 5, 2014
    Neverwinter is basically a new Neverwinter Nights that tried to become an MMO game and failed big time. It is not a real MMO nor a true D&D game.
    The action combat and graphics are the game's best features. Most other well known MMOs (like WoW, Tera, Rift, Aion, AoC etc) lack in either graphics or combat (or both), since most are quite older games. But graphics are very glitchy and problematic in some areas of the game (eg Malabog's Castle, Sharandar) and overall game performance is crap even on high-end rigs. The game uses the ancient graphics engine of STO (star trek online) that simply is not made for MMOs.
    There is no raiding (upcoming Tiamat raid is a joke), PvP is a bad joke, and the whole game is one of the most linear games I've ever played.
    NW is free-to-play but more like pay-to(NOT)-win. Since day 1 of open beta there was huge exploiting, cheating, botting, hacking and all the banes of MMOs you can imagine. Exploits have been reduced over time but not in a timely manner, there are quite a lot even now after 2 years.
    Account security is minimal to non-existent, people are getting hacked and robbed all the time and IF they are lucky they MIGHT get a character roll-back after a couple of weeks that might also delete some legit items and further damage their character. The company makes sure to hide such issues by not allowing discussion in official forums (lock/move/delete threads when people saying they got hacked/robbed).
    The biggest problem of this game is its non-existent customer support and huge lack of respect for the customer (whether a paying customer buying Zen or a free player).
    For at least 1 year now there have been random mass bans (probably auto bans from scripts), that remove from the game bots/gold sellers and legit players alike, without notice or explanation. Even whole guilds have been banned like this, players that did nothing wrong (after all Cryptic never bans any dungeon exploiters). You cannot post or inquire about a ban only send an email to their support department that now belongs to PWE and get ignored.
    Neverwinter might be a cool game for casual players and the content up to max level (60) is nice, although linear (and doing any dungeons at all is a huge waste of time till lvl 60), but after that it simply lacks the content and the appropriate systems and character progression to support long-term MMO players. Apart from a ridiculous amount of dailies farming/grind there isn't much more.
    It was a game with huge potential that got progressively destroyed over the course of 2 years by Cryptic and their greedy bosses, PWE/PWI. I would recommend staying away from any PWE/PWI or Cryptic games in the future or at least not spend any money at all on them.
  22. Apr 9, 2015
    Was a good game until this mod 6 came out.If you like to repeatedly do mind numbingly boring quests over and over then go sign up.If you like new content to just be reused old stuff then go sign up.
    This game has no one running the show that has a clue on DnD nor a clue as how to design new stuff.Each new mod is pretty much the same just reuse old stuff no one will notice.
    Dont waste
    Dont waste your time on this game ,and this is coming from a founding member who paid the $200 for my account.
  23. Apr 10, 2015
    SUMMARY: Enormous waste of potential and previous solid developer work, I can't recommend it any more.

I really enjoyed the game at the beginning, enough to invest into a few "packs" (even though pricing in this MMO is much, much higher than it other F2P games; a mount - albeit account-wide - can cost 30EUR or more!). The good points include: - active, dynamic, interesting combat

The good points include:
    - active, dynamic, interesting combat (console-like low active skill limit, different class mechanics etc)
    - attractive graphics
    - rich world, though mostly thanks to rich Dungeons & Dragons lore
    - enormous potential user-created content (could) bring; the content users provide is often exceptional, but it is not utilized to it's full potential
    - web-based gateway to interact with game world, including crafting, guild, auction house and ENORMOUSLY FUN dice game

Unfortunately, blatant money-grabbing becomes obvious really fast and the game becomes a gear grind, with content locked behind gear score (or your CC number).
    While you can personalise your build, any change you'd make requires payment (or enormous amount of grind to exchange in-game currency to real-money currency).
    Bugs are rampant, but never fixed or acknowledged.
    Economy is in serious trouble because of rampant hackers and botters, but these issues are rarely addressed or fixed.
    There is almost no support to in my opinion the greatest, most unique feature the game offers, namely user-created content (Foundry).
    PvP is painfully unbalanced and heavily Pay to Win, modes are limited.

To make matters worse, Mod 6 (April 2015) rose lvl cap to 70 but only way offered to level up are repeatable HOURLY quests, limited to 4 at a time, in re-hashed, re-used locations.

I tried to like this game. I really did enjoy levelling (up to 60, in Mod 5 so before April 2015) - again, enough to invest (substantial) amounts of real cash into it.
    But developers seem incompetent, ignorant or too under the heel of Sales department to produce any quality content.
  24. Jun 19, 2014
    This game may be an MMO of quality on some level, but it is NOT Neverwinter, nor is it D&D. I don't know what it is, but it's not D&D. I feel like it's a bought name for a franchise better left in the hands of Bioware.

The character cosmetic sliders were fun, but then I came to the stats "roll". These rolls are not true die rolls but a bag of about 20 pre-determined "sets" of stats based on what the gamemakers think the proper stats are for a rogue, wizard, fighter, etc.

The toons feel like something purchased on eBay with predetermined stats and leveling upgrades. Customization, beyond cosmetics, feels absent. Just because a rule set is the latest, doesn't mean it is the greatest. Ugh.

Outdoor competition on fetch and carry quests that we've already seen waaaaaaayyyyy too many times. Ugh.

Player crafted dungeons offer random game generated loot. What's the point? Why does my rogue need a shield? Ugh.

I couldn't make it past L13. It felt like a WoW clone given a D&D name to market their crap to the D&D audience. Fail.
  25. Mar 31, 2015
    The critics are lying and have probably been paid off. Neverwinter is extremely buggy with grotesque balance for the different classes. Neverwinter handlers are notorious for making a class extremely strong in comparison to other class so people spend money on making new characters and gearing them up so they can use the overpowered class. Then, they switch the overpowered train to aThe critics are lying and have probably been paid off. Neverwinter is extremely buggy with grotesque balance for the different classes. Neverwinter handlers are notorious for making a class extremely strong in comparison to other class so people spend money on making new characters and gearing them up so they can use the overpowered class. Then, they switch the overpowered train to a different class and so people will either get destroyed by one class or have to switch to the new overpowered class and spend inordinate amount of money to gear the new overpowered class up. The game is extremely pay to win and has been recently having patches that are not in the patch notes to make it harder for people to farm for anything decent.
    Their refinement point system is atrocious and requires at least 600dollars to refine your item to a useable point or use a third party site or just bot the game. Hardly anyone plays the game when they log on, they all just afk farm because that is the only way to compete in the game without getting bankrupt. People log on not to play the game but to afk farm in a foundry. The games pvp is dead and the classes are too unbalanced for people to enjoy the game. If you look on their forums you will see that most of the forums are complaints about our their rogues or another class is one hitting on one rotating another class with the same level and gear. The flavor of the month classes can fight 2-3 of the best players of another class and win. Flavor of the month = the class that the devs have decided to make overpowered so people can spend money.
    PLEASE DO NOT FALL INTO THIS FREE 2 PLAY TRAP. This game is horrible and the money who still play it do so because of their friends and the friends they made in the game. Pvp players make rules for matches so as to limit the overpowered classes so the players for the other classes can have fun.
    I hope this review helps.
  26. Apr 10, 2015
    I've been playing this game for 2 years and I still cannot post in the forums.
    Cryptic studios and perfect world are sick of working with each other and it shows.
    They are both working on new games and funneling any proceeds from never winter directly into. The new areas in module 6 were cut copied and pasted together to make "new areas" with the same monsters that have had their names
    I've been playing this game for 2 years and I still cannot post in the forums.
    The new areas in module 6 were cut copied and pasted together to make "new areas" with the same monsters that have had their names changed lol!!
  27. Jul 18, 2013
    Content gets boring rapidly. My main concern is the fact all the bosses feel the same. Avoid the red circle stand in the blue circle and deal with way too many ads (adds don't despawn after the boss dies many strategies involve purposely dying after the boss to generate a despawn). Bosses are reduced to finding exploits to avoid massive add spam such as luring the boss away or findingContent gets boring rapidly. My main concern is the fact all the bosses feel the same. Avoid the red circle stand in the blue circle and deal with way too many ads (adds don't despawn after the boss dies many strategies involve purposely dying after the boss to generate a despawn). Bosses are reduced to finding exploits to avoid massive add spam such as luring the boss away or finding methods to prevent add aggression. The other major concern if the fact each hour has an event attached to it, some of these events are rather pointless pre 60 and others are useless once you hit level cap of 60. Basically it felt like the only time worth playing is before and during a specific event pops which is the dungeon delve. Certain classes are required in a dungeon most noteably is the control wizard to punt things into lava etc and the healer. I played mostly as a healer and the mechanics are counter intuitive with tanks. If you had someone who tanks well and takes all aggression that is actually a bad thing. The only reliable heals are area of effect so damage needs to be spread out over several party members as your heals will be the same on a tank as it would for another dps and you do not have reliable single target heals. This renders the tank class virtually useless (in comparison to taking another control wizard or Rouge) for all but one dungeon where they can bug the final boss with their taunts. Poorly designed and rapidly feels repetitive, with a limited window of gametime that is randomly generated where your guaranteed a reward. Expand
  28. Nov 28, 2013
    This is mechanically sound ARPG crippled by redundant WOW features and horrible monetisation scheme.

Bugs that are well documented but never get fixed for months. Broken and not working character abilities. AH dupe that destroyed the economy. Goldsellers spam in chat like its Diablo 2. Terrible community, players that never say hi and leave without a word. Lockboxes gambling. P2W PVP with 2 maps ruined by the absence of matchmaking, constant leavers and players who have few thousand dollars worth of enchants thanks to aforementioned AH dupe. Itemshop prices that begin from 30$. Centered around whales: "You pay me 5$? Sorry but I don't think I want your money". Incredibly dull completely instanced PVE with all zones having absolutely the same structure and progression without any chance for exploration. Stay away from Neverwinter.
  29. Mar 23, 2014
    Alright, so i've decided to try for the first time a game in the Free-to-Play category on Steam, i decided to give Neverwinter a go.

Launcher ask to register an account, register account, site redirects to Gmail website (since i've used a Gmail address to register the account) despite the account being already logged in, which is suspicious. Never received a confirmation email, so

Never received a confirmation email, so i've tried to recover the password to see if it would help fix the problem, nope.

It redirects me to Arc Games which apparently is the new website for PWE, so i put the details in order to receive the new password... account doesn't exist, so i proceed to register again and the site tells me the mail is already being used. GOD.

I'm in 2014 and i can't believe how these annoying things still happen, seriously this is pure rubbish at best, and i'm not even going to waste more time with this and i'm pretty sure this is common to happen but i don't care, seriously sometimes i think i was sent back in time.
  30. Aug 19, 2013
    The game seems ok on the surface but its really pretty shallow and reaaaalllly buggy. The people running the game are also complete asshats. I had 6k of Astral Diamonds (in game currency) just disappear from my inventory and then got the following response from customer service.

Hello I'm sorry to hear you lost your Astral Diamonds. Unfortunately, we won't be able to assist you with

Hello

I'm sorry to hear you lost your Astral Diamonds. Unfortunately, we won't be able to assist you with this issue. At this time Astral Diamonds which are disappeared without any trace do not qualify for reimbursement or replacement.

We would like to encourage you to submit a Bug Report, with your findings, directly to our QA team. This may be done by selecting 'Bug Report' from the list of available help options. Do note that Bug Reports are reviewed by members of the QA team, however you will not be able to edit or view any reported bugs. Additionally, Bug Reports do not receive personalized responses.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. Thank you for playing!

1. Oct 8, 2013
    As a D&D and Neverwinter Nights fan, I wanted to see what an MMO version offered, and I came away feeling that it accomplished its goals, if only for a month or so. It's like a single-player sandbox dungeon; when I reached what felt to be the proverbial end, it was time to move on.
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    Neverwinter is a disappointing MMO. There isn’t a lot of freedom for players to roam and it doesn’t re-imagine itself in the open world genre. For a free-to-play game it offers too little.
  3. Sep 6, 2013
    Neverwinter is one of the best free-to-play games this year, with its fluid combat, extensive amount of quests, and Foundry tool in which players can create their own adventures. Most importantly, premium points and items don't affect the game for those who choose to adventure on the free route. Role-playing fans owe themselves an extended journey to the world of Neverwinter.