Neverwinter PC

5.3

1. Jun 21, 2013
    Apart from a combat system that actually feels different from WoW, ToR, and LotRO. The game sports an awesome feature that I don't think I've seen in another MMO. User created dungeons and quest add infinite options for everyone on stories and adventures in this game, and while it may lack on character customization i think the endless adventures are more important. They are ultimatelyApart from a combat system that actually feels different from WoW, ToR, and LotRO. The game sports an awesome feature that I don't think I've seen in another MMO. User created dungeons and quest add infinite options for everyone on stories and adventures in this game, and while it may lack on character customization i think the endless adventures are more important. They are ultimately what will keep people engaged in the game. Expand
  2. Jun 20, 2013
    Stunning environments. The combat feels fantastic really well polished. Progression never gets stale or grindy. The game hud/calendar caters to varying play styles without aggressively competing for my time... For free. It really bridges the gap between a fast paced action game experience and an often overwhelming depth of a hardcore mmo.
  3. Jun 20, 2013
    the game is very fun. the game has great action in the combat. It fells like a true action rpg with mmo elements. The game looks great. It is fast to install.
  4. Jun 21, 2013
    The overall gameplay is pretty awesome, with lots of features and such, definitely a must-play for MMORPG lovers out there.
    I am playing and will continue to play this game with my friends for a very long time.
  5. Jun 21, 2013
    The action combat is great, and very different from most MMOs! Also love the unique take on crafting that Neverwinter offers. The Foundry, which lets players create their own missions and custom maps is also a great feature that really adds to the game.
  6. Jun 21, 2013
    While this game started off a bit rough and buggy, it has been fun the whole time. I have 2 characters, one at max level (Cleric) and one slightly below (Wizard). The combat system is fun and engaging, more so than most all other Action MMORPGs out there. Healing is a joy, and so is DPS. A lot of the boss fights have very fun interactive parts for different members of the party, which isWhile this game started off a bit rough and buggy, it has been fun the whole time. I have 2 characters, one at max level (Cleric) and one slightly below (Wizard). The combat system is fun and engaging, more so than most all other Action MMORPGs out there. Healing is a joy, and so is DPS. A lot of the boss fights have very fun interactive parts for different members of the party, which is different than the standard sequence of key presses. It requires thinking, adaptation, and rewards quick reaction time.

The storylines are well done, with fully voiced missions if you're into that kind of stuff. The game is Free to Play, and while not necessarily pay to win, it is very worth the $30 I've invested into it so far (for an extra character slot, which leaves me with 1 open, for when they release a ranger), and a companion (to help me level faster).

The creators of the game are constantly improving it, fixing bugs, and listening to community feedback, and I look forward to the future content that they will put out. All in all, if you are looking for a clever, exciting MMO, whether for Hardcore grinding, or just something to do in your downtime, this game is fun throughout, and at all levels.
  7. Jul 15, 2013
    An awesome game, it's fun to play and feels like a new breath in the MMORPG genre, it's well built and I have not experienced any bugs, the only down site is the lack of an open world map.
  8. Aug 1, 2013
    I've been playing WoW for 7 years... then stopped... started this game up and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!! the combat is not only easier but more fun! keep in mind that this game is not a huge MMO like WoW, its more like a Diablo/WoW mix.... i have NO complaints
  9. Aug 2, 2013
    Great game, probably one of my favorite games of all time. The combat is great fun and while there isn't alot of classes to choose from all 5 feel and play very differently from each other, almost like your playing a different game and while you can only have so many powers equipped at once it does make the game simple to play but that's a good thing in my books, just because you have 30Great game, probably one of my favorite games of all time. The combat is great fun and while there isn't alot of classes to choose from all 5 feel and play very differently from each other, almost like your playing a different game and while you can only have so many powers equipped at once it does make the game simple to play but that's a good thing in my books, just because you have 30 powers to manage doesn't make a game more enjoyable. The areas are linear and instanced but then again so was the original neverwinter nights so this didn't feel out of places in the slightest to me and all the environments look great and are varied enough, the questing is classic and not very original but it's quick and painless which is good, pvp is a blast because of the combat and despite people complaining about it being unbalanced my experience has been more down to player skill and character build and gear than any inherent class balance issues, about as balanced as you are going to get it, the player made content from the foundry is simply amazing, it can actually put some genuine role play in to a genre that's never really had it, only down side so far is the lack of end game content but they are releasing more soon and there isn't enough pvp maps or game types yet, again they will release more content as time goes by, simply a great game and you owe it to your self to try it and give this game 6 months to release more content and this will a beast of a mmo, great for a casual mmo player, maybe not for a hardcore player though. Expand
  10. Sep 3, 2013
    VERY GOOD WAN. Very FUN with friends but NOT with Adam because he cheats!! Very much Dungeons and Dragons but havent met a dragon yet so Im a bit upset. Where are dragons guys gimmie some help? ANYWAY very good wan very fun good game worth manny penny go figure LOLZ.
  11. Oct 16, 2013
    This is what a Dungeons & Dragons game on the PC should be. It's one of the most beautiful and balanced MMORPGs I have ever played. It has become my main game.
  12. Dec 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. das spiel ist einfach nur geil kann es nur weiter empfehlen es macht viel spass und für alle deutschen und nicht deutschen online rollenspiel gamer es lohnt sich!!! Expand
  13. Dec 26, 2013
    Nunca joguei um melhor RPG, gráfico perfeito, jogabilidade e ainda por cima esta traduzido, deixa muitos outros jogos para trás, a desenvolvedora está de parabéns.
  14. Dec 27, 2013
    I´ve been playing the game for a month by now and simply cannot understand the negative reviews; it´s a true Dungeon and Dragons MMO with great quests that are fun solo, boss fights and player written "Foundry" quests that are suitable for solo or co op and which storyline is actually fun and interesting to read.
    The graphic is pretty, filled with a good ambiance and details.
    Most of the
    The graphic is pretty, filled with a good ambiance and details.
    Most of the reviews were written for some months ago and a lot has happened since. Neverwinter is growing and evolving give it a try, it´s really great gaming.
  15. Dec 29, 2013
    I love this game! The combat is fun and requires strategy because you can only hotkey 5 moves. The user created quests and dungeons are funny or scary. I wish I found this game earlier.
  16. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very nice that Game BETTER THAN WOW!!!!!!!!! It's free to Play have a very good Story

It make's fun yeah yeag yeag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Feb 5, 2014
    SO FUN, GET IT, now! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
  18. Jun 29, 2014
    Refreshing game play, rich graphis content, reliable and flexible game engine for slow (my pc from 2005) and new PC's. It really was good to upgrade my pc, because the graphics in neverwinter are now really much better. Also the story aspect of this game is great, and comparable to the Guild Wars 1 series. Even with great sound, a custom level editor, and fascinating content after youRefreshing game play, rich graphis content, reliable and flexible game engine for slow (my pc from 2005) and new PC's. It really was good to upgrade my pc, because the graphics in neverwinter are now really much better. Also the story aspect of this game is great, and comparable to the Guild Wars 1 series. Even with great sound, a custom level editor, and fascinating content after you gained maximum level, give this game 10 points, because, I dont miss anything in the game except a free and open world, but with this, the game would lose its custom level editor, so it gets 10 points. Excellent WoW replacement, because WoW is outdated for 4 years in terms of graphics, gameplay(autottack), etc. Expand
  19. Aug 14, 2014
    This game has got to be the best MMORPG I have played so far... I am so sick of all these MMO's that are basic click and go, its just to bland... awesome character customization, shame people keep saying there is no character customization cause there is, and its a good set, you cant FULLY customize your character, but you get the stander things like facial features, eye colors, build,This game has got to be the best MMORPG I have played so far... I am so sick of all these MMO's that are basic click and go, its just to bland... awesome character customization, shame people keep saying there is no character customization cause there is, and its a good set, you cant FULLY customize your character, but you get the stander things like facial features, eye colors, build, hair, facial hair, scars and so on, no housing system tho so that is probably the only disappointment for this game, other then that, I give it a 10! Expand
  20. Dec 1, 2015
    One of the Best MMO games I have Ever Played the controls are not changed from games like Smite and LOL, Combat and Chariter Creations are Awesome and the Bosses in this Games really packs a Challenge. Ya it does get kinof boring but, If you look at the fun parts of the game then you will fell the same way as I do :).
  21. Sep 30, 2015
    Crap.
    Playable by old exploiters only.
    Horribly broken pvp matchmaking. Only 2 pvp map.
    No PVE content after lvl70. Only boring dailies.
    No real dungeons. Only dull dragons.
    Undergarduated developers.
    Horrible bugged. Never fixed bugs (even 2 years old).
    Highly recommended for kids.
  22. Jun 27, 2013
    As one who has been craving a digital portal back into the Forgotten Realms, I have been eagerly awaiting Neverwinter's official release. I'm happy to report thet Cryptic Studios has fulfilled my desires and then some. By far, the strongest inclusion is the Foundry- Cryptic's tool that allows for player genertated content to manifest in the game world. It is a truly rewarding incentiveAs one who has been craving a digital portal back into the Forgotten Realms, I have been eagerly awaiting Neverwinter's official release. I'm happy to report thet Cryptic Studios has fulfilled my desires and then some. By far, the strongest inclusion is the Foundry- Cryptic's tool that allows for player genertated content to manifest in the game world. It is a truly rewarding incentive to log in each day knowing new content is waiting! Another high point is the combat, which is action-based and restricted to a relatively small number of abilities the player chooses from a much larger pool. I have spent considerable time joyfully agonizing over which of my many abilities to have active. Main characters and plot lines are voiced, something I now consider an essential inclusion for storytelling in the genre. In-game activities are always only a click away, with current events listed conveniently near the mini-map on the UI. Crafting and the auction house can be accessed from outside of the game through the Neverwinter Gateway making it possible to stay active when away from your home PC.

I would be remiss if I did not mention that although no content is locked behind a pay wall in Neverwinter, convenience and cosmetic items available in the cash shop are steeply priced- making me long for the days when you simply paid your $12-15 dollars a month and that was that (I may be in the minority on this one).

While I think Neverwinter appeals to a specific audience, I believe the members of that audience will be using Cryptic's portal to the Forgotten Realms for many years to come.
  23. Nov 8, 2015
    MMORPG's

1.WoW 2.SWTOR 3.Neverwinter!!!! 4.TERA 5.Guild Wars Neverwinter is one of the very few MMOs that I am actually willing to play. Not being a big fan of the genre but being a big fan of D&D I quite enjoy the game. The controls are simple enough to get use to and you have a good range of classes if you play for free. Getting things in game can be pretty expensive but its
    MMORPG's

1.WoW
    2.SWTOR
    3.Neverwinter!!!!
    4.TERA
    5.Guild Wars

Neverwinter is one of the very few MMOs that I am actually willing to play. Not being a big fan of the genre but being a big fan of D&D I quite enjoy the game. The controls are simple enough to get use to and you have a good range of classes if you play for free. Getting things in game can be pretty expensive but its not something you have to worry about. The game is perfectly playable without the in-game purchases.
  24. Jun 26, 2013
    Neverwinter is a surprisingly good, and well put together game. At the time of writing the game has finally gone live, including a whole host of game and class fixes plus new level 60 content.

The game is free, so please ignore the silly reviews on here and try it for yourself, you may like it, you may not bonus being all you have spent it time. The game downloads as you play or enter new zones/maps so initial downloads are quite small.

I will not go too much in depth (no space) but Neverwinter features three currencies, gold, diamonds and Zen. Gold is earned by selling and questing, it is used to buy mats and a few other things. Astral Diamonds or AD are the Auction House currency and are used to buy many others items from vendors. Zen is the real money currency and is used on the Zen marketplace to buy power-ups essentially or AD.

You can earn AD through daily quests, timed special events and by selling items on the AH. You do not have to purchase anything with real money if you do not want too. All content is accessible without paying anything.

People have always used real money to buy gear (WoW) or items (Eve) whether legit or not it always happens.

Neverwinter is a fun, engaging game. At the moment it is very well suited to casual gamers. At the moment the classes are a little limited having only one complete Paragon path. Paragon paths are a choice you make that changes what end game abilities or powers you character has. Although there is only one Paragon path there is a full talent system in place.

The Foundry is a great tool to play with, slightly limited in some functionality but improving all the time. It is also a perfect tool for budding content developers boasting an intuitive 3D editor as well as the usual map layout.
  25. Sep 5, 2013
    If you love D&D and MMORPGS you'll love it. However I can say that after hitting the max level and playing all the quests, it's just plain boring as there is hardly any social aspects of the game like there is in WOW. Play this if you want to play solo or like dungeon PUGs, etc. Pay for the "founders" pack so you can start with decent gear and a mount, etc. I have suspended my acount butIf you love D&D and MMORPGS you'll love it. However I can say that after hitting the max level and playing all the quests, it's just plain boring as there is hardly any social aspects of the game like there is in WOW. Play this if you want to play solo or like dungeon PUGs, etc. Pay for the "founders" pack so you can start with decent gear and a mount, etc. I have suspended my acount but when the expansion packs come out I'll start it again, kind of what I do with WOW now. Expand
  26. Sep 26, 2013
    Most imaginative, addictive, and serious MMO I've played since WoW first came out (before all the hoopla). If they don't fix the bugs, however, fail.
  27. Dec 18, 2013
    I trust user score more than the critics but not in this case. If you want a hybrid between an MMORPG and an action game Neverwinter is great. It is simply enjoyable to play.
    Pros:
    -Best game play of any released MMO. Feels responsive. -Good blend of action and role playing in an MMO world. -Good story built on the Neverwinter universe. -Graphics are decent and the art is great.
    Pros:
    -Best game play of any released MMO. Feels responsive.
    -Good blend of action and role playing in an MMO world.
    -Good story built on the Neverwinter universe.
    -Graphics are decent and the art is great.

Cons:
    -Limited class types. Supposedly more will be released over time, but if you want a D&D options you will be disappointed.
    -World comprised of many small zones. This is not a wide open world.
    -Constant reminders to spend money like the enchanted boxes that can only be opened with enchanted keys that require real money.

You do not need to spend a lot of money to have a lot of fun in this game. I've only purchased 4 extra character slots costing less than $7.00 total and my wife and I have had a lot of fun.
  28. Dec 26, 2014
    I really enjoyed playing through this! It's creative combat system is very compelling, meaning I was able to play it much longer without finding it repetitive. It plays a little like Dragon Age, and the way it works makes you feel as though you're playing a single player game with a multiplayer add-on. This is a definite choice for those MMO players who play solo, and it patches andI really enjoyed playing through this! It's creative combat system is very compelling, meaning I was able to play it much longer without finding it repetitive. It plays a little like Dragon Age, and the way it works makes you feel as though you're playing a single player game with a multiplayer add-on. This is a definite choice for those MMO players who play solo, and it patches and installs so easily and quickly (a welcome improvement from trying to download TERA). However, the region lock is a definite problem. Even though it wasn't a problem for me, it's still something to watch out for. Expand
  29. Nov 23, 2015
    MMOs are not usually my cup of tea, as online interaction is not what I generally enjoy or look for in a game, but this one was really fun, interesting, and it offers players of every type, be it casual, hardcore, sociable, or solo something worth playing for.
  30. Dec 25, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The graphics are somewhat dated as some reviews point out, but that didn't detract from the joy of playing.
    The game an awesome feature that I don't think I've seen in another MMO.

1. Oct 8, 2013
    As a D&D and Neverwinter Nights fan, I wanted to see what an MMO version offered, and I came away feeling that it accomplished its goals, if only for a month or so. It's like a single-player sandbox dungeon; when I reached what felt to be the proverbial end, it was time to move on.
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    Neverwinter is a disappointing MMO. There isn’t a lot of freedom for players to roam and it doesn’t re-imagine itself in the open world genre. For a free-to-play game it offers too little.
  3. Sep 6, 2013
    Neverwinter is one of the best free-to-play games this year, with its fluid combat, extensive amount of quests, and Foundry tool in which players can create their own adventures. Most importantly, premium points and items don't affect the game for those who choose to adventure on the free route. Role-playing fans owe themselves an extended journey to the world of Neverwinter.