Nexus: The Jupiter Incident PC

8.9

1. DaveyL.
    Feb 10, 2006
    Did 26 missions, the second to last mission, Fight for Earth is a nightmare. Spent more time with the spacebar then playing the game. The spacebar pauses the game. Played it on beginner, just who plays it on the upper levels of difficulty, I don't know. Tried the cheats, (the Trainer) and the game just crashes. This could have been and all time great RTS Space Game even better then Did 26 missions, the second to last mission, Fight for Earth is a nightmare. Spent more time with the spacebar then playing the game. The spacebar pauses the game. Played it on beginner, just who plays it on the upper levels of difficulty, I don't know. Tried the cheats, (the Trainer) and the game just crashes. This could have been and all time great RTS Space Game even better then HomeWorld, but the programs dropped the ball and played mind games on the Fight for Earth Mission. Be well advised to buy this game used and be ready for a lot of hidden secrets and bugs. What a waste of talent that went into this game. Collapse
  2. AnonymousMC
    Jul 3, 2007
    This is a great game, without a doubt one of the most challenging tactical space games that I've played. It is also the buggiest game that I have ever battled through to finish. Some missions have to be done a certain, specific way; others flat out crash if things are exactly right. Great game that needed a little more work.
  3. Dec 27, 2012
    I played this again recently and it's still looks good even 8 years on (after some tweaks to get 1920x1080) and is still one of the best RTSs I've played. Shame it had such a bad release and no one knew about it, otherwise they would have been able to finish the sequel. Currently £1.49 on steam, if you like sci-fi and RTSs it's one you need to play.

The down sides are... it has

The down sides are... it has quite a steep learning curve and it's not aimed at people who cannot figure things out for themselves (like most games do these days), there is no hand-holding and the AI is ruthless. Which makes it very hard.
  4. Apr 14, 2013
    A great looking game, with a good story. However, shoddy music and an incredibly steep learning curve, coupled with frustratingly hard missions and no offline play other than the campaign, make this game one that I would happily cheat on to complete it.

1. Overall however, we're rather taken with Nexus. Its mixture of tactics, mouse-control and combat-orientated gameplay is suitably different from both "Homeworld" and traditional space-combat games like Freespace, delivering something unique and yet familiar enough to appeal to fans of either game. [PC Zone]
  2. PC Format
    It's delicious to watch. Nexus' whirling space charts and system-spanning ships slip past spiraling asteroids, fend of the shadows of "Homeworld" and make your head spin. [Christmas 2004, p.114]
  3. The first couple of hours of the game are fantastic, as you're introduced to the universe, the ships, the stunning battles and the interesting gameplay, but for the average strategy fan, the realisation that the game is all about increasingly complex micro-management of your ships and crew is something of a let-down.