4.5

1. CarterD.
    Sep 19, 2004
    It's a good game, when it works. It quits every other time I try to play it, exiting back to my desktop for no reason.
  2. JhonnySuede
    Sep 26, 2004
    This version of nhl is pretty bad compared to its predessor (nhl 2004). The graphics are sure good, but the game play is really really weak... too bad.
  3. JoeH.
    Oct 14, 2004
    This game has great on ice play but where is create-a-player? Now come on, any sports game has to have a feature where you can create yourself and go to a dynasty and play as yourself and follow thur your career. Madden NFL2005 allows me to do this and I exspected for NHL to have it too.
  4. MikeK.
    Dec 22, 2004
    It's a good graphic and sound game. It's pretty kewl to have the world cup too. But where the hell ia creat-a-player, and playoffs. Come on EA SPORTS pull up your act or else I wont but 2006 if there is one.
  5. JustinK.
    May 17, 2005
    Nice graphics, but I too want to know what the hell happened to create-a-player.

1. games(TM)
    This is EA's take on NHL action as it's always been, rejigged with improved animations and new moves so it's inevitably the best version yet. [Nov 2004, p.119]
  2. This is still a solid game of hockey, but it isn't the most realistic or best-playing NHL title out there, and as such, it shouldn't be your first choice for one.
    While the game's is an improvement over the 2004 edition, it's still not quite up to snuff.