5.7

1. Sep 25, 2013
    The game could have been fun. It is slow paced, which is fine, and is reminiscent of the Kings Quest style. Overall the actual gameplay is OK, and the puzzles are fun. The reason I stopped playing this? The absolute WORST voice actor is the lead role. He sounds like Siri, pre update. I have no idea why they chose an actor who sounds like a computer generated voice, or a telephoneThe game could have been fun. It is slow paced, which is fine, and is reminiscent of the Kings Quest style. Overall the actual gameplay is OK, and the puzzles are fun. The reason I stopped playing this? The absolute WORST voice actor is the lead role. He sounds like Siri, pre update. I have no idea why they chose an actor who sounds like a computer generated voice, or a telephone voice mail "push 2 now". It was so incredibly distracting i just could not play anymore. I tried with the sound off, but then you miss some clues which are strictly auditory. Too bad, It was a fun little game. Expand

1. But even with all of this quality presentation the gameplay is still held back a notch by the limited scope and quirky nature of the puzzles, repetitive backtracking between locations, and an overall slower pace than most competing adventure titles.
  2. A stereotypical classic adventure. Future Games has done this one up in the traditional style popularized way back when by the likes of Sierra and LucasArts, so if you're a fan of this sort of old-school adventuring and don't demand that game designers reinvent the wheel, you can't go wrong here.
  3. A good game is smudged by some obvious flaws in the gameplay that prevent it from standing with the greats. But fans of classic gaming will get a generally enjoyable game due to the story, inventory puzzling, diverse characters, and good looking graphics.