7.2

1. c3p
    Nov 2, 2013
    I really liked this game, very relaxing!
    Excpect an easy puzzle platformer and a mellow break from reality!
    this lim it on characters sucks, i dont hav more to say
  2. Sep 18, 2013
    I've noticed that I tend to have a positive reactions to puzzle games that have simple mechanics. This is likely because the game focuses less on teaching you how to use its mechanics and more on... well, puzzle solving. As a result, NightSky is probably the best puzzle game I've ever played, and it's probably no mere coincidence that it happens to be the only puzzle game I've played that has a New Game+ mode. Everything about it speaks to me: the ambient soundtrack, the minimalistic graphic style, the exceptional level/puzzle design, the amount of content offered, the simplicity of its mechanics (can only move left and right, speed up and slow down), and the price. I'd give it a 10/10 if it weren't for the fact that I felt like a few of the platforming segments were less enjoyable than the rest of the game and more puzzle-based levels. Expand
  3. Sep 4, 2013
    Pros:
    -Nice graphics.
    -Not too hard or fustrating.
    -Good controls.

Cons:
    -very short
    -no replayability

Final judgement:

Great game and very enjoyable however maybe a bit expensive for its length.
  4. Jul 22, 2013
    i bought this at 90% off on steam yesterday (summer sale 2013) and this game is awful. do not buy this at its full price (10$) it is not worth it. here's the pros and cons of the game- pros: -good soundtrack, very relaxing -cute graphics style cons: -horrible controls on keyboard and gamepad alike (without the option to rebind anything) -bad level design for the most part. keep in mind that this is a 2D platformer, meaning that level design is of great importance. but this game, more often than not, will punish you for making a very small mistake. and with the lack of logical physics, you´ll make many.
    -basically no menu
    -its a short game with no replayability, and therefor is not worth the price.

all in all, it's okay for 1 buck, which is what i payed for it, but for any other price, this game sucks.
  5. AWG
    Jul 7, 2013
    CannibalBob, allow me to borrow part of your review: "Indie fans would enjoy this one, but I only recommend picking this up in a bundle!". Not really much more to say.
  6. Jun 12, 2013
    A simplistic but stylish and deeply calming puzzle platformer. The gorgeous soundtrack and crisp visuals generate a relaxing atmosphere that makes playing through this short but sweet game a real pleasure.
  7. May 11, 2013
    This game looks pretty nice. It's calming, soothing, but even all those ocean sound isn't enough to calm your rage once you realize you paid $10 for this basic mini-game collection.
    I say mini-games, because every other stage your ball has a different ability. Sometimes your ball can fly, sometimes your ball can roll extremely fast. There's no real set physics here, and the puzzles are
    extremely amateur. The platforming could get tricky, but even the hardest levels can be bested in a couple minutes. There's no real challenge to this game.
    To put it simply, it's $10 to see a slideshow. I wouldn't exactly call this a game; it's nice looking, but there's hardly any real game play mechanics.
  8. Apr 18, 2013
    A very lightweight game with easy to grasp controls. It's the kind of game you can play for 5 minutes and relax while rolling a ball through the endless bidimentional landscapes NightSky has to offer. Roll the ball from left to right, accelerate it to jump, use precision movement and flip gravity to advance through the level. One indie game so simple yet so well designed that will give you guaranteed bursts of fun, enough to kill that boredom. Expand
  9. Mar 29, 2013
    NightSky is a short and still enjoyable game with amazing visuals, soothing soundtrack and a unique style of gameplay which will be enjoyable for anyone especially those who love puzzles or those who play games casually. You will not find anything wrong with the purchase once you start this game, it is highly recommended to get this fine amazing piece of art and incredible indie game.
  10. Oct 11, 2012
    So far a fun game. It is a simple concept and the art style is aesthetically pleasing. Definitely a cure for boredom and not necessarily something that I would set aside time to play. I liked how they give the ball a story and almost treat him as a character in the opening rather than just offering up the game as "move the ball through the level" style of plat former. I think this sets it apart from a simpler game to some degree but at the end of the day you are just moving a ball through a 2D maze. All-in-all, a fun time killer. Expand
  11. Sep 17, 2012
    That was a experience! The game is so atmospheric: outstanding soundtrack and graphics, that gave you the impression to forget about time and twist! Gameplay is all the same throughout the game but it has an addicitve effect on the player. I must recommend this for all who like relaxing games with an atmosphere!
  12. Aug 8, 2012
    Short and stylish with some interesting and unique physics-based puzzles. Indie fans would enjoy this one, but I only recommend picking this up in a bundle!
  13. Jul 21, 2012
    I enjoyed it all the way through the campaign. The simple game premise gets spiced up with transportation devices and other physics (gravity) stuff that I won't spoil. You would think that a designer came up with the concept since it looks and plays so good. There were very few frustrating moments, the rest were exciting and surprising. What variations and devices can you introduce into a puzzle game about a ball that rolls through a 2d landscape? This game plays like a discovery of the many imaginative answers to that question Expand
  14. Jul 3, 2012
    A simple casual game but very enjoyable with puzzles that are challenging enough to be interesting, but never annoying. Altogether a triumph of artistic programming. I really don't see how someone can object to paying $10 for it. It isn't meant to be an adventure game so of course there is no story, but it gives you several hours of gameplay and creates a pleasant atmosphere and relaxing play.
  15. May 30, 2012
    I got NightSky when I got the Humble bundle 4 pack. It was one of the games that helped me decide to get the pack. It's a simple game about rolling a ball through beautiful levels. It does have a story which is about a boy who finds a dark sphere on the beach but it's not much of a story and doesn't add or take away from the experience. The best part is the game-play which I'll get into.

Game-play:

NightSky's game-play is simple. You show roll this dark sphere through environments while solving puzzles. It sounds easy but it can take some thinking as you have to manage moving through levels fast or slow, bumping things and using momentum to travel loops and bumps. You also have to control vehicles and deal with reverse gravity. Each level is made up of 3-4 screens and can take less then a minute to complete if you know what your doing. When you enter the level select menu by pressing escape, you will notice that some levels have a star marker on them. You have to find hidden exits in the levels to get stars which will allow you to complete the bonus world. You will probably spend about 6 or more hours beating normal mode. There is alternative mode which can be made in another game slot. In this mode the levels are somewhat the same but much harder as there are things removed that made your life easier.

This may sound dull and boring but it's quite fun and relaxing. Even when screwing up, it doesn't make me feel angry. For 99% of the game, a mistake is on your part but it's easy to fix and understand what went wrong. It's simple to learn and master. The only troublesome part of the game can be maintaining momentum while going up curves and corners of different sides. You have to be really precise to keep the sphere moving. Overall it's a fun and relaxing game. It has replay value and is a game worth experiencing.

Graphics:

The graphics are primary solid black objects in the foreground that looks alive and detailed. You can see flowers, grass, and leaves moving, Little creatures blinking their eyes and stars twinkling. The background is made up of different colors that give the world a serene yet alien feel. There is just so much details that add to the atmosphere of this game. It feel like this game is a work of art.

Sound: The music of this game is so serene yet alien like the graphics. It gives you this calm and relaxing feeling as you roll through the levels. Though it can also be very quiet and just be sound effects of the wind blowing or the squeaking of spinning wheels. The music is not loud or overt that it stands out but rather it's nestled into the background that you don't realize it's a separate part of the game. It's done just right.

Conclusion:

Night Sky is a wonderful experience that is worth playing. It's simple to learn and easy to master yet fun to play. The relaxing and beautiful graphics along with the serene music makes it an enjoyable experience. The game is cheap and can be gotten WiiWare or in HD on the PC for $10 on steam. I highly recommend it for anyone regardless of gaming skill. It's one of those games that is good to introduce people to gaming or great for the entire family. The developers did a great job on this and I would recommend checking out their other games.
  16. Apr 6, 2012
    Story is non-existent, and game is very short. I finished all levels with all secrets in 3 hours. Not worth the money in my eyes. On the other hand the graphics are decent and the ambient music is alright. Wouldn't recommend it though.
  17. Apr 5, 2012
    The presentation is lazy and limited. The settings made available to the user are minimal to nearly none. The "widescreen" setting is not widescreen at all, as the size of the game's screen is still very small and surrounded by large black borders. The graphics are also of the most minimal efforts that are found in free Flash games for PC or phones. The so-called ambient music is barely noticeable and does not add to the overall experience in any way. The game mechanics are only mildly interesting or amusing, and the game world and design are uninspired and uncreative. Guiding the ball around the levels is unsatisfying and dull. The game play is so vacuous and boring, that I would find it hard to believe that someone would actually be interested in such a dead and valueless activity after about one hour. Every aspect of the game is so breathless, numb, flat, lackluster, and muted. The physics of the game are not interesting nor exciting in any way, and the overall atmosphere is so indifferent and apathetic, that you will be wondering why you should be spending any time at all with this poor attempt at a game. NightSky's sale description lists it as an "action-puzzle" game, set in "picturesque worlds". This couldn't be farther from the truth. NightSky does not involve any action whatsoever, and the game world is the opposite of picturesque, as it is as good as dead. The asking price is borderline insanity, as the developers are clearly overpricing an obviously poorly designed and low-grade game. Expand
  18. Jan 15, 2012
    This is NOT Limbo. This game is more peaceful and gentle taste.
    If you are looking for quiet relaxed gaming with family, this is worth trying.
    This is not difficult. I recommend to everyone.
  19. Dec 14, 2011
    Amazing sounds, very diverse and a soothing experience, not to mention the amazing background contrast of colors and art that sometimes makes you stop midway of a level. Can not recommend this game enough!
  20. Dec 2, 2011
    $10 is a steep price for this 2D platform puzzler. Very basic, no complexity, no story, no plot, no replayability, no innovation--Sonic-like in some respects.
  21. Jun 14, 2011
    This game I instantly bought after playing a demo. I fell in love with it form the first level. The relaxing music that always fit the atmosphere and you could fall asleep to. Each level was new and had a new trick or something special about it that set it apart from the level before it. Because of this concept, a game with only a few mechanics never got old through my entire playthrough. The powers are cool and innovative. I am not a puzzle man and try to stay away from them, but this is more of a physics game. Having said my inability to solve puzzles, I never had to consult a walkthrough during my entire playtime, even though every level I felt challenged and was able to solve everything with a little time and thought. Not too hard but not too easy. This game is a must-buy for the great price. Only problem is that it is somewhat short. Collapse
  22. Jun 5, 2011
    Soothing visuals and backdrops combined with mellow, atmospheric music help the gamer adapt to the environment and situations that Nightsky's gameplay challenges. It's a sweet and short ride, and some of the levels are easier than others, but it makes for a very fun and entertaining game.
  23. May 13, 2011
    A great puzzle game with fantastic ideas and execution. It's based around physics platforming and puzzle solving and it constantly mixes everything up. Nifflas keeps on introducing new vehicles, powers, control schemes (for things other than your ball) and art assets. Everything has a fantastic learning curve and it never grows old. Any frustrating moments are balanced by the soothing visuals and musical score. There is also a well-designed "alternative" difficulty level for people who have played through once but want something more challenging. A must buy for only ten dollars on Steam. Expand
  24. Mar 5, 2011
    This game is just a lot of fun! Game is based around rolls, acceleration holding balance and other physical puzzles, - by controlling little black ball (it's our little protagonist) it's up to you to get to the end of each level. Nightsky is not very challenging, but you really can stuck on some of the levels for a while. As a resort from "rolling" through levels, some levels offer an opportunity to "drive" different vehicles - little cars, helicopters, catapults and so on, while having this little black ball in the basis of it, representing an engine of the construction. This levels make the game great, in my opinion, they could just remove everything but this levels and the game wouldn't lose one bit of fun in it. The game can be played several times because it introduces two difficulty levels and collectible stars which you will be able to use in the end of your journey. Although there is not much to say about the graphical part, Nightsky's design is very well-made (If you can say that about everything being black). It's quite basic, but it doesn't tire your eyes and quite well fit into level design of the game. (As the name states, your journey is occurs during the night). The other side of the medal is storyline. There is really nothing to say about the storyline, but I suppose a game of that kind doesn't require strong story. Expand
  25. Jun 14, 2011

1. Feb 26, 2011
    NightSky delivers a short but sweet physics puzzle experience. [April 2011, p.76]
  2. Feb 24, 2011
    A little gem of a puzzler. [Mar 2011, p.69]
    Dark environment and traditional music are great backdrops for this relaxed physical arcade. It's not enough to be the game of the year but Nifflas did not disappoint us. [Issue#201]