8.6

1. Feb 14, 2011
    I still recall this as one of the best FPS I've ever played. I would love to see this IP revisited with a new game. Great storyline, stealth modes and spy gadgets. It was as close as you can get to being in a 60's spy movie.
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    Why don't they make first person shooters with this much personality anymore? It's ten years after it's release and I enjoy this more than any shooter from the last few years. I tend to ignore most FPS games now, expecting them to be shallow, repetitive and lacking any real character, but not NOLF2. It's got more personality and more of an enjoyment factor than all of the CoD (or whatever other FPS games are popular nowadays) wrapped into one. Expand
  3. Oct 2, 2011
    A truly masterpiece! Better than the first game. Play it!
  4. Feb 5, 2014
    From a sequel standpoint? It has done no wrongeth. The trouble with Cate Archer's character here, is lack of consistent substance that actually made her back-chatter reasonably charming and subsequently funny. Their seems to be a whole lot more tongue in cheek here, but to a degree that I found less endearing. It starts off with the campy flavor of Japan, accompanied by stealthily fighting all-female ninjas, and general espionage. When the plot starts rolling though, you might be winded by the tedious (and I might add somewhat linear and small) level design. Or the enemy A.I. being much less fun to actually engage in a shoot-out with, or most of the weapons being identical in nature and less usage of gadgets throughout and you may as well add that it doesn't bring anything new to the table when compared to its predecessor. The visuals have received a minor face-lift, but not much else has changed. The writing is certainly far less funny than the original and due to the pacing in-game, you may not have the patience to sit and listen to half the guards or enemies bang on and on until they hit punchline territory. What really bothered me though was the fact that after the first two chapters of the game, I began to dread shoot-outs. Color me stupid if this was the intent, but then in sections later on in the game, they practically force you into slow, cumbersome shootouts that are surprisingly not fun. Believe me, compared to shooting an unsuspecting guard with a silenced pistol, carrying his body to a shady area, and knowing that no one saw that is far more gratifying than seventy percent of the "scripted" shoot outs. Though I understand it to be "parody" its just not as funny or as satisfying as our original adventure with Cate Archer and U.N.I.T.Y. However, the truly miserable thing here, is the general laziness that carries you through till about chapter seven or eight. Its just not fun to play near the beginning, which is what the original didn't have any issue with. Its far too much "don't get spotted," Or "don't get caught," and all the while you just start thinking. "Wow I'm a patient person, but this is kind of boring." Their is delight fully charming Cate Archer from No One Lives Forever, and then theirs silent, boring, less charming, less funny Cate Archer from this sequel. Of course their are memorable moments of the game, but even Monoliths early work concentrated on making it enjoyable to curb stomp enemies with your bullet shoes. Something is just off about most of the action in the game, a lot of it also has some pretty tricky situations in levels that really just cannot be defended by anybody. Such as in some missions it asks of you to fulfill "optional" objectives. Are these spelled out in terms of how to fulfill them? No. It is kind of an issue though when a developer throws in a slight curve ball like a role playing game mechanic. Cate can "upgrade" certain traits, such as marksmanship or stealth, based on intelligence she founds through out missions, or by fulfilling all objectives, including optional ones and this is a problem. Some are just not worth doing, are hard to find, require a deeper analysis of a tiny linear level, or are just frustrating. You need some of these upgrades, should you play on any harder difficulties, but also to get past a certain troubling section that consists of a "chase sequence" on tricycle. Enemy A.I. goes from way to alert to absolutely stupid as well, having issues with ladders, not detecting Cate at all, being alarmingly good at detecting Cate from vastly ridiculous distances and so on. I'll stick with the first game, as it balances the camp, the parody, and the action a lot better than this one. Expand
  5. Nov 8, 2013
    One of the funniest game ever played...
    But there is too many bugs in gameplay and graphics is too poor
    let's hope there will be NOLF 3 in future with good graphics and gameplay

1. If it sounds like NOLF2 is a lot like NOLF, and you're wondering why I'm complaining so bitterly, you have my sympathy. When I say they "gutted" NOLF2, I mean it, and I can back it up.
  2. A bloody good game... If you like first person shooters and have a sense of humour, the only other thing to stop you playing this game is the central role of a pink-suited woman. Are you man enough?
    Nearly flawless visuals and truly immersive sound make sure you’re having fun even when you’re not shooting.