Nuclear Dawn PC

7.5

1. Sep 26, 2011
    Nuclear Dawn is an awesome game for both two totally different groups of gamers to come together and enjoy. The FPS is a fast paced class combat game that pays homage to the likes of Team Fortress and Battlefield. The RTS is unforgiving, forcing a balance between your own tactics with the strengths of your human units on the ground. Loads of different tactics and styles to play to chooseNuclear Dawn is an awesome game for both two totally different groups of gamers to come together and enjoy. The FPS is a fast paced class combat game that pays homage to the likes of Team Fortress and Battlefield. The RTS is unforgiving, forcing a balance between your own tactics with the strengths of your human units on the ground. Loads of different tactics and styles to play to choose from which makes ND a great game to pick up with your gaming buddies.

Support is already excellent, the developers promise a ton of updates and that they will always be free. In short, the â
  2. dak
    Dec 21, 2011
    Nuclear Dawn is a great combination of dynamic gameplay with a rich tactics possibilities where coordination and cooperation mean a lot. For both, infantry and a commander. Sure, it's not flawless â
  3. Sep 27, 2011
    I think mostly fair opinion is:

"Long time gamer here. I have played most of the titles in the BF series as well as a host of other shooters, though I don't particularly care for the CoD franchise. ND is a welcome entry into the pantheon of online shooters. I haven't tried commander yet, as I have been exploring the classes, mostly medic/sniper. Solid visuals (though not mind-blowingly
    I think mostly fair opinion is:

ND is a welcome entry into the pantheon of online shooters. I haven't tried commander yet, as I have been exploring the classes, mostly medic/sniper. Solid visuals (though not mind-blowingly impressive), gameplay, and pacing make this one well-worth your time if you are a fan of team-based, tactical gameplay.

It takes a while to get used to the maps and become acquainted with all of the structures and what they do, but the interface is quite slick and, more importantly, useful. It would be nice, however, to have more info on how the game works than the brief tutorial vids offer, but there is also info available in this forum and elsewhere that will do the trick.

I am having a blast so far. If you're on the fence, I would say go for it...the game is only $25.00, and it's easily one of the more innovative and entertaining titles to come out in some time." (c) Mike
  4. Sep 28, 2011
    While not as in-depth as many other multiplayer games, this indie title is still worth your money. The maps are surprisingly detailed and sound is great. The RTS element fits in perfectly and the gameplay is spot on. One gripe, is the problem with a few bugs but they are minor and don't get in the way of what is a great game.
  5. Oct 19, 2011
    Nuclear Dawn hits the nail on the head in this small hybrid genre of game. A smooth well designed and well tested game that has clearly had a lot of polish (especially after the month of public bug fixes in their open beta). The game runs smoothly and is well balanced, especially when you consider how different some of the weapons and structures are on each side. You can jump in and enjoyNuclear Dawn hits the nail on the head in this small hybrid genre of game. A smooth well designed and well tested game that has clearly had a lot of polish (especially after the month of public bug fixes in their open beta). The game runs smoothly and is well balanced, especially when you consider how different some of the weapons and structures are on each side. You can jump in and enjoy the game just like any other FPS, but it rewards you time and time again with surprising hidden new features. The game's biggest flaw is a lack of interactive tutorials, which the developers have already announced that they are working on. Expand
  6. TeT
    Oct 5, 2011
    Nuclear Dawn is just awesome! Never seen a game before both fps and rts game-play in one package, and forces you to work together with your complete team! The game is built around Valve's source engine, it's like playing Left 4 Dead 2... But serious i did not expect the smooth graphics of this game, it's really good! If you like to work together, buy! If you love to game as an individual,Nuclear Dawn is just awesome! Never seen a game before both fps and rts game-play in one package, and forces you to work together with your complete team! The game is built around Valve's source engine, it's like playing Left 4 Dead 2... But serious i did not expect the smooth graphics of this game, it's really good! If you like to work together, buy! If you love to game as an individual, don't buy! Expand
  7. Sep 30, 2011
    Nuclear Dawn brings something new to the gaming field and as an avid Battlefield player I can only say that I love what they have done so far with the game, finally something new and refreshing and worth the small amount of money it costs. As announced by the developers the game will get lots of updates a development kit and AI later so there is lots of potential here for a new star gameNuclear Dawn brings something new to the gaming field and as an avid Battlefield player I can only say that I love what they have done so far with the game, finally something new and refreshing and worth the small amount of money it costs. As announced by the developers the game will get lots of updates a development kit and AI later so there is lots of potential here for a new star game to be born! Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2011
    This game is a hidden GEM! if you like strategy games like C&C or FPS games or MMO/FPS games, and especially if you enjoy both.. you MUST try... if you enjoy communication and teamwork PAY OFF and be easy to join ad-hoc basis and work together and be rewarded for it .. this is THE GAME to play. I certainly recommend this game to try.. the poster on steam maybe a bit cheesy and not doingThis game is a hidden GEM! if you like strategy games like C&C or FPS games or MMO/FPS games, and especially if you enjoy both.. you MUST try... if you enjoy communication and teamwork PAY OFF and be easy to join ad-hoc basis and work together and be rewarded for it .. this is THE GAME to play. I certainly recommend this game to try.. the poster on steam maybe a bit cheesy and not doing the game justice.. i randomly decided to try it and I have to say past 2 weeks have been VERY entertaining. one of best games I have ever tried I have to say. Need more players and more recognition for such great achievement I beleive. maybe the low price point puts it away from where it should be and some just see it as a "cheap" game but best 23$ I have spent in a LONG LONG time!! Enjoy and hope to see you in game:) S! Potthead Expand
  9. Oct 6, 2011
    Nuclear Dawn is a breath of fresh air in a market now clogged with generic team based multiplayer shooters. While some will certainly gripe that it isn't a clone of the latest Call of Duty game, it is still a very solid title. In fact, I would go so far as to say that its not feeling the need to copy someone else is a selling point. I also am apparently in the minority being glad to seeNuclear Dawn is a breath of fresh air in a market now clogged with generic team based multiplayer shooters. While some will certainly gripe that it isn't a clone of the latest Call of Duty game, it is still a very solid title. In fact, I would go so far as to say that its not feeling the need to copy someone else is a selling point. I also am apparently in the minority being glad to see the Source engine used in Nuclear Dawn. While the physics portion of the engine isn't really showcased it is noticeable when using grenades. Aim low with them because they will bounce and roll a few yards after landing.

Bugs are there, but as others have said it's nothing that really breaks the game, and honestly they're more minor and generally less numerous than a lot of triple A titles that have been coming out like New Vegas and Crysis 2. Interwave also promises that not only will these bugs be patched, but future content will be added periodically and will always be free.

But I think it's finally time to touch on the gameplay, because frankly that's what I think makes this game a really good buy. I was really dubious that an RTS element could be added to a team shooter but InterWave hit the bullseye. Standing alone, the class based shooting is above average given the genre and how polluted it has gotten, but the addition of the commander role to each team adds something truly brilliant to the experience. Each team votes in a commander (and out depending on how good a job is being done) and that commander's job is to support their team by researching upgrades and extending forward spawn points and turrets to help their team capture and control resource points. These resources in turn allow the commander to build further and the game is won by the team that manages to push all the way into their enemies base and destroy their command bunker.

Both factions play differently enough for their to be a preference, but similar enough for their to be a balance. Small differences like how the power grid is extended make for interesting tactical choice differences for the commander, while not necessarily affecting the FPS players.

Finally, The system is incredibly ballanced in that a team can't win if only the commander or only the players are doing well, it requires a tactical group effort to maintain an advantage and seize victory because if the shooters aren't doing well the commander doesn't have resources to build, and if the commander isn't doing his job then the shooters have less support going into firefights, putting them at a disadvantage.

The bottom line here is, if you want a team shooter game where you can be 'the hero' and try to do everything by yourself this game is not for you. But if you, like myself, want to be a part of team and share victory or defeat working together with other players then I highly suggest you give this a try.

As a fore note, this is an excellent game for use with a headset. You don't need one if you're not feeling chatty, as the other players who do have them do a pretty good job of announcing what they need help with; whether that be backup capturing a point or even the commander asking an engineer to repair a structure. (and there are a good number of players who do have headsets.) Text chat is an alternative but in my experience it just gets you killed.
  10. Oct 3, 2011
    This game is absolutely fantastic, so long as you don't expect to kick ass as soon as you get in the game (as the two bad reviews state they thought they should). Also, it's fantastic if you absolutely hate playing games where anyone can do just that, and love playing games where it REQUIRES teamwork. That's right, an online multiplayer game that YOU WILL NOT DO WELL IN unless you work together.
  11. Oct 5, 2011
    Awesome game! Needs a lot of team work to win but a very fun game style that I have not seen before. Great for quick 15-30 minute shoot up or a 2 hour strategy sit in. Definitely even better when you use tactics with friends, but very cool when people online come and work together.
  12. Oct 11, 2011
    This game is pretty awful; it requires you to work together, features a learning curve resulting in new players going RAMBO dying a lot, involves strategy, and has balanced unlockable "perks", rather than forcing you to grind levels in order to stand a chance. Worst of all is, you need to play with those RTS geeks...
    Yeah, imagine the horror!
    On a more serious note, I've so far enjoyed
    Yeah, imagine the horror!

On a more serious note, I've so far enjoyed this game. Although not entirely bug-free, the FPS/RTS implementation is thought out extraordinarily well and the developers actually care about community input, which shows in their bug tracker.

The only thing that bugs me, is the lack of a proper tutorial mode, which will fortunately be added in an upcoming patch.
  13. Dec 18, 2011
    Game is similar to that of Savage by S2Games for sure. Id play for 30-40 for this, well worth the $12 I spent. Haven't experienced any bugs as of yet, seems to be very polished. VOIP system is amazing and very useful. Game def. has a good but different feel to it. Team play in this game is essential and forced in many ways which is very good for an FPS game.
  14. Dec 18, 2011
    Giving Nuclear Dawn a 10 for effort. It's an indie game, but it's got what counts: great gameplay and a positive attitude. The devs actually listen to and continue to improve this title. It can be frustrating at times to play as you are only as good as your commander and/or your team. Teamwork counts for soooo much here. A refreshing change from the typical 'squad based' game thatGiving Nuclear Dawn a 10 for effort. It's an indie game, but it's got what counts: great gameplay and a positive attitude. The devs actually listen to and continue to improve this title. It can be frustrating at times to play as you are only as good as your commander and/or your team. Teamwork counts for soooo much here. A refreshing change from the typical 'squad based' game that devolves into people "ramboing" around the map winning on their own while ignoring what everyone else is doing. If you like teamwork based games, you'll probably actually enjoy this title. I was pleasantly surprised trying it on the free weekend, and purchased it as a result. Ignore the low critic review scores, I say look more closely at the player reviews. Expand
  15. Nov 7, 2011
    Using the Left 4 Dead 2 engine that run so smoothly on my computer (2007 iMac), the FPS reminds me of a Battlefield game... the most expansive maps I've seen in a Steam powered game. The strategy of having a commander on your team playing a RTS style game is a unique aspect to a FPS game. Nuclear Dawn is a great game.
  16. Dec 18, 2011
    This game is like Battlefield 2 with Towers. That's the best way to describe it I guess. I think it is highly overlooked by the media and players and deserves way more recognition. Finally a good game beside all that military / realistic crap we get nowadays. It cannot and does not want to compete with Battlefield or Call of Duty. But, it is still good. It could use more weapons and moreThis game is like Battlefield 2 with Towers. That's the best way to describe it I guess. I think it is highly overlooked by the media and players and deserves way more recognition. Finally a good game beside all that military / realistic crap we get nowadays. It cannot and does not want to compete with Battlefield or Call of Duty. But, it is still good. It could use more weapons and more unlocks in general, just for the variety but I don't feel like that I am missing too much. It is fun, it can be intense and when you think you just won, the enemy can turn the tide of the battle and come back to kick your sorry a*** if your commander fails to see the weak points of his makings. But, for people like me that dislike BF or CoD, this is a more than worthy alternative. It is also designed in Source Engine which makes it run smooth. Granted, it has some minor bugs and problems, but nothing game breaking so far after 22 hours playing it. Buy it! Expand
  17. Dec 18, 2011
    The latest addition of a commander tutorial is just what this game needed, moving it from the category of "confusing and frustrating" into "a blast to play, win or lose". Whether you like the strategic gameplay of the gods-eye commander, or being the linchpin of a base assault on foot, or even support and spec-ops, moving quietly around, doing their jobs without attracting attention; thisThe latest addition of a commander tutorial is just what this game needed, moving it from the category of "confusing and frustrating" into "a blast to play, win or lose". Whether you like the strategic gameplay of the gods-eye commander, or being the linchpin of a base assault on foot, or even support and spec-ops, moving quietly around, doing their jobs without attracting attention; this game has a role for you to enjoy. This is what Natural Selection wished it could be, back in the day. Hopefully, the free weekend on Steam will draw in the numbers of players this game will need to survive and thrive. Give it a shot! Expand
  18. Jan 28, 2013
    Nuclear Dawn is a very good RTS/FPS hybrid,especially for its price.Its graphics aren't the best but they are good for an indie game.As for the FPS aspect of the game.It is a fast paced shooter inspired by Team Fortress 2 but more strategic and more serious.There is a class system with 4 classes and with some different builds for each class.You also get a new perk each time you levelNuclear Dawn is a very good RTS/FPS hybrid,especially for its price.Its graphics aren't the best but they are good for an indie game.As for the FPS aspect of the game.It is a fast paced shooter inspired by Team Fortress 2 but more strategic and more serious.There is a class system with 4 classes and with some different builds for each class.You also get a new perk each time you level up.Now As for the RTS aspect of the game.When you are a commander your role is to build some structures to help your team.I think the game is awesome and especially the class system.It is certainly worth your money. Expand
  19. Oct 11, 2011
    Nuclear Dawn unsurprisingly takes place after a nuclear war between Russia, China and their associates named Empire against the United States, United Kingdom and their allies going by the handle Consortium. Resources are scarce and itâ
  20. Oct 16, 2011
    Nuclear Dawn offers a fast action packed class based shooter that will engage players who enjoy games like Team Fortress, Battlefield, Day of Defeat, etc. The RTS component of ND (which is only playable by 1 player on each team, the randomly elected commander) offers up tactical scenarios that are more challenging and un-predictable than other strategy games.

The strange thing about

The strange thing about Nuclear Dawn is that possibly the most frustrating part of the game (well, the only game mode that is available at the moment) is also what becomes the most satisfying part. The commander has to learn to take care of the FPS troops on the ground to gain their trust and loyalty, so that they follow orders and steamroll the enemy according to his or her tactics.

I'm giving this game a 10 because, whilst I don't feel like it is the perfect iteration of this hybrid genre, I definitely believe that with community feedback and a few patches Nuclear Dawn will mark a significant turning point in the niche of the genre and market that it appeals to. InterWave have promised the addition of better more interactive tutorials, AI players and commander controllable AI squads, new weapons, research, structures, and game modes in the weeks and months to come. By all accounts, the developers are offering the 'service' of an expansive game with a long life, no doubt drawn from the influence of Valve.

InterWave has a lot to learn but have a great attitude toward game development and their customer's opinions. Definitely one to pick up if you're a supporter of indies... and definitely one to watch if you're a fan of Valve.
  21. Oct 19, 2011
    I love this game. Its so very hard to get to grips with- has a very steep learning curve- but once you get off the bottom rungs of the ladder its oh so addictive and satisfying. An awesome mix of strategic decision making and fast shooter action. HIGHLY recommend everyone give it a try!
  22. Nov 13, 2011
    Nuclear Dawn!
    I loved it when I only saw the pictures.
    A battlefield where commanders build their buildings and soldiers getting resources for him.
    My score would be a ten if more ppl played this game. Now it are only 2 full servers of 32 players max!
    Hey listen! This is a new genre! Buy it to support it's development!
  23. Apr 14, 2012
    This game contains a wonderful FPS element and the commander role fits seemlessly. And I mean, this game is really fun. I mean really fun! Totally worth it, the players are all so professional and nice, there is not a CoD brat to be found. Great game :)
  24. Dec 4, 2011
    offering a beautiful combination of FPS and an RTS commander, this game is a slick game.
    while it can be a little unbalanced (if your loosing, its unlikely you will take it back) and it relies heavily on a good commander, this game playes well and is very fun.
    as for teh cheap price tag, its a multiplayer only game, and its definitely worth the money of you like a good run, gun and tactical fun.
  25. Oct 23, 2011
    Just got this game recently and I have enjoyed my time playing it so far. Haven't experienced any "gamebreaking" bugs that dNIde talks about it. The learning curve is a bit steep (especially for the commander role), but you can't play it like your normal CoD, "I'm a hero and I am going to go solo their team", it's not that type of a game. It's a team game. Spend a few minutes watchingJust got this game recently and I have enjoyed my time playing it so far. Haven't experienced any "gamebreaking" bugs that dNIde talks about it. The learning curve is a bit steep (especially for the commander role), but you can't play it like your normal CoD, "I'm a hero and I am going to go solo their team", it's not that type of a game. It's a team game. Spend a few minutes watching some videos and you should be good as far as getting started. It's a good game, however if you are a bit uneasy about it, the price will be going down and they are said to have a free weekend soon. Would much rather be playing this game then shelling out $60 bucks for another worthless BF or CoD installment. Expand
  26. Apr 12, 2012
    Love the game, combines FPS and RTS and the small studio behind it is doing their best every single month to update the game with more features and bug fixes over and over. Can only become better and better over time.
  27. Feb 7, 2014
    Nuclear dawn is a amazing game,the atmosphere is great,game play is a breath of fresh air. but there are tons of bugs. the AI is garbage. but the game play makes up for it. The fps-rts hybrid works really well here,but attempting to play the rts with bots is a pain,in fact. one time i told the bots to "defend" on a primary objective and they were trying to jump onto the roof
    Its a great
    Its a great stupid fun game,and its worth picking it up,just mind the glitches
  28. Mar 7, 2012
    I honestly can't believe this is a Source engine based game--it's so polished! I'm really enjoying the concept on this one. Each team elects a single commander who controls all the RTS game elements like placing turrets and other typical support structures. The rest of the team fights FPS style and carries out objectives laid out by the commander with class based characters. It reallyI honestly can't believe this is a Source engine based game--it's so polished! I'm really enjoying the concept on this one. Each team elects a single commander who controls all the RTS game elements like placing turrets and other typical support structures. The rest of the team fights FPS style and carries out objectives laid out by the commander with class based characters. It really plays well if you have two teams with expert commanders. A good mix of character skills make this quite a fun experience.

This is quite possibly the best integration of Real Time Strategy with First Person Shooting that I have played. Highly recommend.
  29. Dec 1, 2011
    This game is a much needed breath of fresh air that has a very faithful fan base. Players cooperate well and talk on headsets, not in every game but its there. It does not take long to learn all the basics and it's a fun learning process that rewards with a little patience.Although a few bugs that still need to be sorted out but the devs have been very engaging in this since beta testingThis game is a much needed breath of fresh air that has a very faithful fan base. Players cooperate well and talk on headsets, not in every game but its there. It does not take long to learn all the basics and it's a fun learning process that rewards with a little patience.Although a few bugs that still need to be sorted out but the devs have been very engaging in this since beta testing was done. Updated regularly and steady player activity. This game will be a favorite for many to come. Expand
  30. Dec 27, 2011
    Perfect mix of an RTS and FPS. The graphics aren't top notch, but if you ever wondered what Battlefield and Command and Conquer would be like merged into one game this would be it. Huge focus on team play as well!!
  31. Jan 6, 2012
    Very good and entertaining game, looks like Battlefield, but the Commander feature changes the gameplay to a whole new level, making gameplay different everytime and increases the replayability.
  32. Feb 7, 2012
    Nuclear Dawn is a rare original game, combining the best of strategic teamplay FPS with a team commander who has to help the entire team and build base and plans to a smart strategy. It is a solid game with regular updates and this week a new map. it is just launching and that is good. i like this game allot.
  33. Gu5
    Mar 12, 2012
    The is quite good... I would give it 82-85%... The playerbase could be better and there are some things that aren't finished. Further class modifications would be nice too.
  34. Apr 6, 2012
    My favorite FPS of all time. It's an incredible team based FPS with strategical elements. When other games fail on hitboxes and gun damage/accuracy balance, Nuclear Dawn prevails. This is the first game I've played that actually depicts shotguns properly, and even the sidearm is effective. Everything is balanced, and no class is overpowered when pitted against other classes. The exo isn'tMy favorite FPS of all time. It's an incredible team based FPS with strategical elements. When other games fail on hitboxes and gun damage/accuracy balance, Nuclear Dawn prevails. This is the first game I've played that actually depicts shotguns properly, and even the sidearm is effective. Everything is balanced, and no class is overpowered when pitted against other classes. The exo isn't even overpowered with the incredible amount of health he has, because bullets in Nuclear Dawn actually do damage. I've loved this game since the beta and I likely always will. Expand
  35. May 1, 2012
    If you like first person shooters that rely on teamwork you have to give this a try. Games won't always go your way, but that's part of the excitement! :)
  36. May 14, 2012
    The first thing I noticed after completing the tutorials is that there is only one server that is not full and has a decent amount of people playing. If you join a server with less than ten people, Nuclear Dawn will play and feel like a ghost town. I suppose this can be said about any other multi-player only game. In the beginning, everything seems very confusing, regardless of how manyThe first thing I noticed after completing the tutorials is that there is only one server that is not full and has a decent amount of people playing. If you join a server with less than ten people, Nuclear Dawn will play and feel like a ghost town. I suppose this can be said about any other multi-player only game. In the beginning, everything seems very confusing, regardless of how many people you are playing with. The classes are well rounded and fun to play, even though Stealth seems to be overpowered at times. Capturing strategic points and destroying structures can be quite fun and competitive. The voice acting warnings about our base being under attack gets quite repetitive, and I'm not sure that can be turned off. The map design is outstanding. Every single one of the official maps are a pleasure to look at and take part in. There is so much detail and thought put into the cityscapes that you feel like you are there yourself. The leveling up system is also very well implemented. There are several upgrades that you can make to your weapons and gear. To acquire different weapons and move up, one has to do plenty of teamwork and actually earn experience points. It is refreshing for a multi-player game to require the participants to work as a team. The relationship between all of those involved gives the player a sense of accomplishment and value. Being a commander takes experience and practice, which sometimes means you will have a novice running your team, but to be fair, we all must learn and all players should be given equal chance at the opportunity. The overall feel of Nuclear Dawn is very futuristic, and everything from the graphics, presentation, to sounds is done in a high quality fashion. The developers often make large updates to the game, fixing problems, and adding new features. Even though the load-outs are limited in options, what is currently there offers players plenty of fun. In addition, gaining experience and moving up the ranks also adds a personal level of competitiveness, and a feeling of real achievement, as there are some unlocks in the form of gizmos. With the current patch, there seems to be some glitches/bugs making the player stuck at random places in the map. This is not only related to the structures being built. It also occurs in open spaces, as well as inside of buildings. From the first time I began playing Nuclear Dawn a few months from this writing to now, it has become extremely obvious that the player base has been getting smaller and smaller. As of this writing, there is only one active server, and it is rarely full; playing at about half of capacity at all times. With that said, if you can find populated servers, Nuclear Dawn is great. All classes play differently and there is much fun to be had alternating between each one of them. The gun play in conjunction with capturing and destroying the enemy's strategic points and structures is extremely exciting and fun. This never gets boring or dull. Some Commanders are terrible at what they are trying to do, some are excellent, and some are fair-weather Commanders who will sabotage your side's efforts and forfeit everything at the first sign of an enemy approach or whatever idiotic reason. I wish there was a way to report such fair-weather Commanders and get them banned permanently, as they ruin many games with their worthlessness. With all of that said, Nuclear Dawn is a great game that deserves much attention in the present, and hopefully in the future as well. It is the most multi-player fun I've had in a long time, and I hope that there are more servers spawning in order to maintain its player base alive. Expand
  37. Apr 21, 2012
    It's a unique mix of RTS and FPS, worth to be played, so far so good, it's look very nice, it doesn't have a big community, but if you have a chance to pick it up, you should do it, it's one of those "Must have" games, and the more people will buy it, and the more updates the game will have, soon there should be also vehicles if the community will be bigger enough.
  38. Jun 28, 2013
    More like an 8.6 (gave it a 10 to attempt to offset some of the "10 minutes played" crowd reviews). At first play, it's not hard to understand why so many negative reviews were posted about this game. Sluggish movement, mediocre graphics, balance issues, low TTK, etc etc. If you can get past all that and into the actual gameplay, then I'm sure you'll fall head over heels for this game.More like an 8.6 (gave it a 10 to attempt to offset some of the "10 minutes played" crowd reviews). At first play, it's not hard to understand why so many negative reviews were posted about this game. Sluggish movement, mediocre graphics, balance issues, low TTK, etc etc. If you can get past all that and into the actual gameplay, then I'm sure you'll fall head over heels for this game. Why? Teamplay, several classes (4+ when you factor in the subclasses) to choose from, RTS aspects... just to name a few. Class is kind of self-explanatory and the counter-class concept works pretty well (ex: Exo assault stealth exo, etc). Teamplay is kind of required in this game, if there's no communication going on between members or more importantly, between the infantry and the commander, then likelihood is that your team is going to lose. But it's this communication that makes this game so great. Picture this: You and your teammates are on the front lines advancing forward when all of a sudden you hear the crash of enemy machine gun fire. Two of your men are now lying dead in the alleyway and the bullets are still pouring in. Can't move forward so you phone the commander for support, hoping to hell that he sends something in time because the machine gunners are edging in closer, a ricochet just barely missing your head. Less than a minute letter a turret package drops from the skies and deploys, cutting down the one of the machine gunners and sending the rest of their team into cover as you charge forward and rain hellish fire on their retreat. I don't know about you guys, but I live for this kind of gameplay. It's true that your success is dependent on the commander's abilities but the reverse is true too, creating a fun symbiotic relationship that makes it all the more exciting when you get a good matchup.

TLDR: This game is freakin' brilliant. Get it. ND developers, find a way to scale game to the size of Planetside 2 and take the gaming world to a whole new level :D
  39. Dec 13, 2013
    Nuclear Dawn- Yes, I would recommend it. I enjoy the large amount of strategy and the variety of challenges you face as a commander, and I will admit it gets pretty challenging... The terrain somewhat fits the theme( post apocalyptic) but could use a bit of brushing up with the consideration of the actual effects of a nuclear war.

I do love playing, but if I were to find something just

I do love playing, but if I were to find something just as solid, I might consider changing favors. To all my friends-get it.
  40. Feb 26, 2014
    I recently got this game, a CS beta vet, through 1.6. This game is CS with RTS. It blows my mind this community is so small. All the updates to this game have made it one of most enjoyable experiences for me in FPS so far. Its a no brainer to grab it for 2.50 on a steam community sale, but if you are looking for something solid to play with a dedicated small group of loyal vets, jump in.I recently got this game, a CS beta vet, through 1.6. This game is CS with RTS. It blows my mind this community is so small. All the updates to this game have made it one of most enjoyable experiences for me in FPS so far. Its a no brainer to grab it for 2.50 on a steam community sale, but if you are looking for something solid to play with a dedicated small group of loyal vets, jump in. They are willing to show you the ropes and keep this community growing and the game enjoyable.

I also like the idea that these developers are supported.. Check it out!
  41. Sep 3, 2014
    This takes the best of oldschool gaming and combines it with battlefield and C&C Renegade. This is exactly what more shooters need. This easily beats cod, hands down. Only complaint is that there is not a large player base, anymore, but it is a very solid, and fantastic shooter. If you like games where you have to work as a team, this is for you. If you want to do nothing but snipe, youThis takes the best of oldschool gaming and combines it with battlefield and C&C Renegade. This is exactly what more shooters need. This easily beats cod, hands down. Only complaint is that there is not a large player base, anymore, but it is a very solid, and fantastic shooter. If you like games where you have to work as a team, this is for you. If you want to do nothing but snipe, you will never enjoy this. Snipers are penalized (and so is the team with the snipers), as they contribute absolutely NOTHING to the core game play. There are 4 classes, assault (rifle, grenade launcher, sniper), exo (heavy armor and anti-building), engineer (resupply, flamethrower, and medic), and stealth (assassin, sniper, and saboteur). Building destruction is a MUST! If you do not destroy them you can say hello to a 21 rocket launcher salute, all aimed at you! Games can last several hours, if not on a timer. This easily beats anything else you have seen with the source engine and still far much better than CoD. AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A GAME FOR SNIPERS!!! Expand

So in the post-Call of Duty/Battlefield/Team Fortress 2 world of today, Nuclear Dawn will not have an easy time finding a safe place, not only because of the risk it has taken as a genre combination, but mainly because of the work that the FPS side still needs.
    Attractive combination of first person shooter with real time strategy delivers balanced action and tactical parts and offers a good alternative to other shooters. [Dec 2011]
  3. Nov 27, 2011
    It's unfortunate to see Nuclear Dawn suffer from such simple errors, as underneath these tiny flaws is an above-average game with some new, interesting ideas at its core. If you're playing with friends or get lucky with a random server, it can be a lot of fun - but often that's not the case and as a result Nuclear Dawn doesn't quite earn the recommendation it's otherwise capable of receiving.