7.7

1. Feb 4, 2014
    A terribly gimmicky game that relies solely on the inability to control the main character. What you see in the beginning is what you are going to get overall. I've seen game demos that feature more game play then this pile of sewage has managed to pull of.

Another waste of time, just like Surgeon Simulator.
  2. Jan 31, 2014
    Nice game overall, too bad that I've played some demos that had more gameplay time than this title... I finished the game in 1h and 40m, which in my opinion is A SCAM considered the fact that it costs 15$. If it lasted more I would have given it 8 or 9.
  3. Feb 7, 2014
    Most games attempt to fine tune their controls. This game actually made the lack of good controls the main theme. It's not my cup-of-tea, but I guess it's worth a few points for being different. I respect that some people love this game and are fanatically giving it high praise, but c'mon, it's not much to behold.
  4. Feb 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the game, but I really want to move on but at the grocery store, the chef keeps on getting me because of the dodgy controls. Just cuz of that I'm rating a 4 Expand

1. May 20, 2014
    It's weird, childish and really not a masterpiece. Still, Octodad offers plenty of entertainment and is just good old fashioned fun.
    More of a quirky technological demo than a full gaming experience. There's enough tentacles but not enough fun. [Issue #239]
  3. Apr 2, 2014
    The best idea for a game ever – an octopus must pretend to be human in front of its wife and kids. When it comes to the story it’s a great cartoon, amusing both to children and adults, but gameplay has some difficult moments and peculiar controls result in some odd bugs. [04/2014, p.62]