7.6

1. Aug 2, 2013
    Absoulutely fun and hilarious. The maps are fun and the controls are wonky and amazing, it's basically a ragdoll physics game and you Octodad, are trying to hide your identity of an octopus. The tasks are hard and stupidly hilarious when you try to get used to the controls. Awesome game, and you'll understand more when you buy it.
  2. Jan 30, 2014
    A Metascore of 70 for Octodad? Are you kidding me? There are 2 things, you have to give 10/10 no matter what, Surgeon Simulator and Octodad (Duke Nukem somehow too, because it's Duke Nukem...). These games may not be executed the best possible way but they form a gaming culture with fresh and unused mechanics. They bug out and have no real depth, but they try something new with crazy ragdoll physics and are therefore fun. And that's all that matters when it comes down to games like Octodad, give the player a fun and enjoying time. Octodad: Dadliest Catch achieves that! Expand
  3. Feb 4, 2014
    A terribly gimmicky game that relies solely on the inability to control the main character. What you see in the beginning is what you are going to get overall. I've seen game demos that feature more game play then this pile of sewage has managed to pull of.

Another waste of time, just like Surgeon Simulator.
  4. Jan 31, 2014
    Occasionally (especially at the end) the unreliable nature of the controls becomes frustrating as the game starts demanding precision and timing. But ultimately it does little to sully the lovable goofball charm of Octodad and his woes.
  5. Feb 1, 2014
    I enjoyed it on its levels of comedy and bizarre scenarios, and even though it was an experience of short length, it was still freeing to play a game of such deliberate pace and humility. The humor's understatedness suits the storyline perfectly, and makes for an overall funny game. But what really matters when playing this game, is to lean back and savor the game as what it is. It consists of a sort of satirical slapstick that I personally love, and I think we should all appreciate these few small, original games that pops up now and then. A "nice one", is what it is. Expand
  6. Jan 31, 2014
    Back when the original Octodad came out as a student project by the then-new developer Young Horses, my feelings were a bit on the negative side. The controls, though intentionally so, leaned too far onto the side of frustrating. The sequel, Dadliest Catch, aims more to create a hilarious game than a frustrating one. ODC is filled with personality, from the ridiculousness of an octopus in a blue suit carrying out the duties of a father, to witty, charmingly comical dialogue. The game certainly lacks in content, but this is made up for with excellent replayability through collectable ties and developer time attacks. My major concern with Octodad is this: The game is basically squatting on the line between difficult and frustrating (a very fine line, I might add); the game will occasionally switch between the two. I found the final level absolutely frustrating, annoying, and totally pointless. Without saying what it is, I wish they had made without the type of level it was. A game like this doesn't need moments like that to make it fun and enjoyable. Overall, Octodad is a game worth grabbing during a sale (which, at the time of me writing this, it is), but the lack of content, occasional frustration, and horribly executed final level should drive one away from a full price purchase. Expand
  7. Jan 31, 2014
    Nice game overall, too bad that I've played some demos that had more gameplay time than this title... I finished the game in 1h and 40m, which in my opinion is A SCAM considered the fact that it costs 15$. If it lasted more I would have given it 8 or 9.
  8. Jan 31, 2014
    **** gameplay, **** characters, **** graphics, everything is ****
    5 point foi being better than the original
    Why? I don't know
    Maybe I got used to this sitty ****
  9. Feb 1, 2014
    One of the silliest games I've ever played! The controls are a good challenge and are balanced just right to prevent you from raging enough that you to burst a blood vessel in your forehead in frustration. The game has some nice clean humor that isn't just sex jokes or blatantly unintelligent pop culture references, which is surprisingly refreshing.
  10. Feb 1, 2014
    I played the original, and this sequel is merely an extended version of that game. Ultimately the game disappoints due to lack of creativity. In isolation the game is quite good, and people can have a decent amount of fun playing it. However, everything that's good about the game, from the humour to the mechanics to the level structure, is merely an extension of the original. Octodad, the Chef who pursues him, and the sweet family he cares for, are all funny. But they were funny two years ago in the original. Octodad being nearly impossible to control while doing mundane tasks is an interesting mechanic, but it was interesting two years ago in the original.

This game does not play like a sequel to Octodad, this game plays as if Octodad was a demo and this is the full game. In and of itself the game is fun to play, but it displays a terrible lack of ambition on the part of the developers. And at under 2 hours, the game is probably not worth the sticker price of $15. The one major saving grace of the game is the inclusion of a map maker, which will do a lot to add to the replayability of the game as the community begins to make interesting levels. But when evaluating the game on its own merits I cannot recommend a full price purchase. Wait for a sale.
  11. Feb 4, 2014
    Really enjoyed this title, in my opinion was fun and entertaining all the way through. Did feel a little short which is why it dosn't get a higher score from me but for the money you spend it is worth it !
  12. Feb 24, 2014
    Octo-hippo was the worst farming simulator game i ever played. Playing this brought back memories from raping 5 year old boys with my grandad willy. These memories was the only thing that made thjis game good but it was really bad.
  13. Feb 6, 2014
    Is it worth the money for the time you get out of it? not really. Am I glad I played it? insanely. The controls are the game's fun point, and if you're incapable of accepting repeated failure for the sake of entertainment, this is not a game for you.

Moral? Buy it if you've got the money, but if you're cash strapped, wait until it's on sale. Either way, buy it.
  14. Feb 7, 2014
    Most games attempt to fine tune their controls. This game actually made the lack of good controls the main theme. It's not my cup-of-tea, but I guess it's worth a few points for being different. I respect that some people love this game and are fanatically giving it high praise, but c'mon, it's not much to behold.
  15. Feb 6, 2014
    Octodad: Dadliest Catch was really good, I have not played earlier Octodad but someone suggested this for me, and I'm glad they did. only down side on this game is, that it is pretty short. i was hoping for some more but then again it was only 11€. the game revealed some pretty interesting things about octodad, and i really like those kinda of things. the game was fun sometimes a little bit frustrating to play becouse of the controls of the game, but when you get the hang of them, there is nothing that can stop you. Expand
  16. Feb 5, 2014
    Good story and humor but the animation is static. Characters have personality but the game is frustrating with controls. It's awfully short and hopefully we'll see another installment in the future.
  17. Feb 10, 2014
    Absolutely tons of fun! Short.. but fun! I wish for more crazy game play like this game!
    This is a special game of all reviews I've seen there is a mix of boring!! and crazy fun, and I think if you are one of those people who don't just look after crazy huge games like Crysis or Dishonored then this is a game for you!
  18. Feb 18, 2014
    Such a funny and fun game. Worth checking it out, it's a new experience that you get. But it's a bit too short, though that might be a good thing for some of you.
  19. Jan 30, 2014
    It's not a bad game, as a physics toy. It has good ideas, funny characters, and nice concept. But it's getting boring at some point. No new features, no upgrades whatever. Just going on and on. I understand why, but it could be more. Like outfit, squid skin, or something. Do you think "To The Moon" is good game? Then this is deserve some respect too. At now it's only ideal. Maybe getting better in next game, I hope. Expand
  20. Feb 15, 2014
    Although the game is a bit unrealistic for my tastes (if the octopus had sex with his wife his kids would be deformed mutant squid humans) its still great fun and pretty challenging. Price tag is a bit steep so wait til Steam sale.
  21. Mar 8, 2014
    The game is very funny and has a well made concept. However, the controls need to reconsidered as it gets frustrating within a few hours, but this game was great from start to finish
  22. Feb 11, 2014
    "Octodad: Dadliest Catch" is something unique. It was a really funny experience and like you can't go 3 minutes into the game without laughing at something weird. The controls are kinda a downside, they are weird and difficult to control at some points. Some of the mission objectives doesn't gives you a direction or a map to find where you are supposed to go and that's kinda lame. But Octodad is a very neat experience for those who want a bizzare yet fun experience. Expand
  23. Feb 5, 2014
    Not boring yet not the best. A mediocre/decent game made for entertainment and shouldn't be taken seriously. If you are expecting for the worst you will enjoy it. I hope it can be developed into the future because even though the plot is childish it is fun.
  24. Feb 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the game, but I really want to move on but at the grocery store, the chef keeps on getting me because of the dodgy controls. Just cuz of that I'm rating a 4 Expand
  25. Mar 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is fun and hilarious! Doing simple tasks with these movements is simply amazing! Controls are smooth, but the fastest to get used to. Now this is where it collapsed:
    As soon as you get the mechanics (which are awesome) the game becomes really 'A Game' which is NOT where this shines in. and if you are unsure to buy this game or not: BUY IT. also, the workshop gives endless hours of fun!
  26. Mar 26, 2014
    What can be said about this game…. Simple but wholesome story, good audio/ music…. I guess it has controls….and just all around fun. Really people hate it because of the controls for this game. It gets annoying especially at the end of the game when things get slippery, but that’s not a bad thing. The crazy controls make it different from other games nowadays in that you really do get a sense of accomplishment from completing even the simplest of tasks and (this sounds stupid) you also become more attached and sympathetic to the main character as a result. Try it. If you don’t like it it’s probably because you don’t have the patience it requires. Original and rewarding. With the co op feature it becomes more than worth it! Expand
  27. Apr 2, 2014
    Albeit short, Octodad: Dadliest Catch was a fun ride about the life (and past.) of an octopus trying to live in a human society. The humor and just the overall atmosphere alone kept me playing to the end. The only issue I had were certain obstacles riding the fine line between challenging or frustrating and I found myself cursing at the game at several points, but maybe that's a good thing. They have since redone two levels and its not as hard now but still fun. I give this game a 9 only because of the length. Expand
  28. Apr 26, 2014
    Octodad is one MAGNOFLORIUS game and yes that's a word but it suffer from 1 major floor that i found out half way through the game. It is too much of a game it feels like the should have made even more silly stuff like in the first half of the game though im not complaining i got it for $7.00 and i am one happy Octopus
  29. Jul 1, 2014
    I have to admit, the game goes by pretty fast. I wish it was longer, but even though it is short, it keeps me entertained until the end. Its fun, addictive, challenging, humorous, frustrating, and relaxing all at the same time. This game is worth looking into.

1. May 20, 2014
    It's weird, childish and really not a masterpiece. Still, Octodad offers plenty of entertainment and is just good old fashioned fun.
    More of a quirky technological demo than a full gaming experience. There's enough tentacles but not enough fun. [Issue #239]
  3. Apr 2, 2014
    The best idea for a game ever – an octopus must pretend to be human in front of its wife and kids. When it comes to the story it’s a great cartoon, amusing both to children and adults, but gameplay has some difficult moments and peculiar controls result in some odd bugs. [04/2014, p.62]