7.6

1. Aug 2, 2013
    Absoulutely fun and hilarious. The maps are fun and the controls are wonky and amazing, it's basically a ragdoll physics game and you Octodad, are trying to hide your identity of an octopus. The tasks are hard and stupidly hilarious when you try to get used to the controls. Awesome game, and you'll understand more when you buy it.
  2. Jan 31, 2014
    Back when the original Octodad came out as a student project by the then-new developer Young Horses, my feelings were a bit on the negative side. The controls, though intentionally so, leaned too far onto the side of frustrating. The sequel, Dadliest Catch, aims more to create a hilarious game than a frustrating one. ODC is filled with personality, from the ridiculousness of an octopus inBack when the original Octodad came out as a student project by the then-new developer Young Horses, my feelings were a bit on the negative side. The controls, though intentionally so, leaned too far onto the side of frustrating. The sequel, Dadliest Catch, aims more to create a hilarious game than a frustrating one. ODC is filled with personality, from the ridiculousness of an octopus in a blue suit carrying out the duties of a father, to witty, charmingly comical dialogue. The game certainly lacks in content, but this is made up for with excellent replayability through collectable ties and developer time attacks. My major concern with Octodad is this: The game is basically squatting on the line between difficult and frustrating (a very fine line, I might add); the game will occasionally switch between the two. I found the final level absolutely frustrating, annoying, and totally pointless. Without saying what it is, I wish they had made without the type of level it was. A game like this doesn't need moments like that to make it fun and enjoyable. Overall, Octodad is a game worth grabbing during a sale (which, at the time of me writing this, it is), but the lack of content, occasional frustration, and horribly executed final level should drive one away from a full price purchase. Expand
  3. Jan 31, 2014
    Occasionally (especially at the end) the unreliable nature of the controls becomes frustrating as the game starts demanding precision and timing. But ultimately it does little to sully the lovable goofball charm of Octodad and his woes.
  4. Feb 1, 2014
    One of the silliest games I've ever played! The controls are a good challenge and are balanced just right to prevent you from raging enough that you to burst a blood vessel in your forehead in frustration. The game has some nice clean humor that isn't just sex jokes or blatantly unintelligent pop culture references, which is surprisingly refreshing.
  5. Feb 4, 2014
    Really enjoyed this title, in my opinion was fun and entertaining all the way through. Did feel a little short which is why it dosn't get a higher score from me but for the money you spend it is worth it !
  6. Feb 24, 2014
    Octo-hippo was the worst farming simulator game i ever played. Playing this brought back memories from raping 5 year old boys with my grandad willy. These memories was the only thing that made thjis game good but it was really bad.
  7. Feb 6, 2014
    Is it worth the money for the time you get out of it? not really. Am I glad I played it? insanely. The controls are the game's fun point, and if you're incapable of accepting repeated failure for the sake of entertainment, this is not a game for you.

Moral? Buy it if you've got the money, but if you're cash strapped, wait until it's on sale. Either way, buy it.
  8. Feb 15, 2014
    Although the game is a bit unrealistic for my tastes (if the octopus had sex with his wife his kids would be deformed mutant squid humans) its still great fun and pretty challenging. Price tag is a bit steep so wait til Steam sale.
  9. Jan 30, 2014
    A Metascore of 70 for Octodad? Are you kidding me? There are 2 things, you have to give 10/10 no matter what, Surgeon Simulator and Octodad (Duke Nukem somehow too, because it's Duke Nukem...). These games may not be executed the best possible way but they form a gaming culture with fresh and unused mechanics. They bug out and have no real depth, but they try something new with crazyA Metascore of 70 for Octodad? Are you kidding me? There are 2 things, you have to give 10/10 no matter what, Surgeon Simulator and Octodad (Duke Nukem somehow too, because it's Duke Nukem...). These games may not be executed the best possible way but they form a gaming culture with fresh and unused mechanics. They bug out and have no real depth, but they try something new with crazy ragdoll physics and are therefore fun. And that's all that matters when it comes down to games like Octodad, give the player a fun and enjoying time. Octodad: Dadliest Catch achieves that! Collapse
  10. Feb 10, 2014
    Absolutely tons of fun! Short.. but fun! I wish for more crazy game play like this game!
    This is a special game of all reviews I've seen there is a mix of boring!! and crazy fun, and I think if you are one of those people who don't just look after crazy huge games like Crysis or Dishonored then this is a game for you!
  11. Jan 31, 2014
    **** gameplay, **** characters, **** graphics, everything is ****
    5 point foi being better than the original
    Why? I don't know
    Maybe I got used to this sitty ****
  12. Feb 11, 2014
    "Octodad: Dadliest Catch" is something unique. It was a really funny experience and like you can't go 3 minutes into the game without laughing at something weird. The controls are kinda a downside, they are weird and difficult to control at some points. Some of the mission objectives doesn't gives you a direction or a map to find where you are supposed to go and that's kinda lame. But"Octodad: Dadliest Catch" is something unique. It was a really funny experience and like you can't go 3 minutes into the game without laughing at something weird. The controls are kinda a downside, they are weird and difficult to control at some points. Some of the mission objectives doesn't gives you a direction or a map to find where you are supposed to go and that's kinda lame. But Octodad is a very neat experience for those who want a bizzare yet fun experience. Expand
  13. Mar 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is fun and hilarious! Doing simple tasks with these movements is simply amazing! Controls are smooth, but the fastest to get used to. Now this is where it collapsed:
    As soon as you get the mechanics (which are awesome) the game becomes really 'A Game' which is NOT where this shines in. and if you are unsure to buy this game or not: BUY IT. also, the workshop gives endless hours of fun!
  14. Mar 26, 2014
    What can be said about this game…. Simple but wholesome story, good audio/ music…. I guess it has controls….and just all around fun. Really people hate it because of the controls for this game. It gets annoying especially at the end of the game when things get slippery, but that’s not a bad thing. The crazy controls make it different from other games nowadays in that you really do get aWhat can be said about this game…. Simple but wholesome story, good audio/ music…. I guess it has controls….and just all around fun. Really people hate it because of the controls for this game. It gets annoying especially at the end of the game when things get slippery, but that’s not a bad thing. The crazy controls make it different from other games nowadays in that you really do get a sense of accomplishment from completing even the simplest of tasks and (this sounds stupid) you also become more attached and sympathetic to the main character as a result. Try it. If you don’t like it it’s probably because you don’t have the patience it requires. Original and rewarding. With the co op feature it becomes more than worth it! Expand
  15. Apr 2, 2014
    Albeit short, Octodad: Dadliest Catch was a fun ride about the life (and past.) of an octopus trying to live in a human society. The humor and just the overall atmosphere alone kept me playing to the end. The only issue I had were certain obstacles riding the fine line between challenging or frustrating and I found myself cursing at the game at several points, but maybe that's a goodAlbeit short, Octodad: Dadliest Catch was a fun ride about the life (and past.) of an octopus trying to live in a human society. The humor and just the overall atmosphere alone kept me playing to the end. The only issue I had were certain obstacles riding the fine line between challenging or frustrating and I found myself cursing at the game at several points, but maybe that's a good thing. They have since redone two levels and its not as hard now but still fun. I give this game a 9 only because of the length. Expand
  16. Apr 26, 2014
    Octodad is one MAGNOFLORIUS game and yes that's a word but it suffer from 1 major floor that i found out half way through the game. It is too much of a game it feels like the should have made even more silly stuff like in the first half of the game though im not complaining i got it for $7.00 and i am one happy Octopus
  17. Jul 1, 2014
    I have to admit, the game goes by pretty fast. I wish it was longer, but even though it is short, it keeps me entertained until the end. Its fun, addictive, challenging, humorous, frustrating, and relaxing all at the same time. This game is worth looking into.
  18. Nov 2, 2014
    Dont complain about the controls when they fit perfectly within this fun to play, hysterical game. Octopus Simulator as been knocked off the table thanks to Octodad. Fun at first glance, and the continues throughout the entire game.
    A cute, funny idea for a game only perfected by the silly controls of Octodad making levels and objectives difficult and frustrating, whilst also making you giggle all the way through.
    Octodad is fun to play alone, with a friend or even if a backseater could enjoy this game.
    This game just craves content. Despite the fun it delivers, it is very short. It can be completed in one sitting, which is somewhat unsatsifying for the price and just leaves you watching so much more! Luckily it is compatible with Steam Workshop so you can dowload other peoples custom made levels and also there are Shorts. Shorts are extra levels that are made by the developer(s) that add another fun experience to an otherwise fleshed put game.
    Octodad is a fun time no alone, with friends and its a well designed game, but its fun does make it suffer with its lack of content leaving you hungry for my Octodad.
  19. Dec 23, 2014
    Octodad: Dadliest Catch is a really fun game. The gameplay is unique and challenging, and it gives you a sense of how difficult it must be for an octopus to live on land. The storyline is charming, and it has you following an octopus who has to live life as a human. And did I mention that the voice acting is superb? However, I was craving more content long after the credits roll. The gameOctodad: Dadliest Catch is a really fun game. The gameplay is unique and challenging, and it gives you a sense of how difficult it must be for an octopus to live on land. The storyline is charming, and it has you following an octopus who has to live life as a human. And did I mention that the voice acting is superb? However, I was craving more content long after the credits roll. The game is pretty short. The graphics aren't perfect, but the charm that the game brings is enough to make it not bother you. Overall, Octodad: Dadliest Catch is a perfect way to spend a lazy afternoon, with a cute story and unique gameplay. Expand
  20. Aug 25, 2015
    Pretty fun game but hard to control, obviously because your an octopus out of water, no duh. Good gameplay and fun story with funny comedy. ONLY play this if your a chill guy or ladie, because the controls will frustrate you... A lot.
  21. Jan 30, 2014

1. May 20, 2014
    It's weird, childish and really not a masterpiece. Still, Octodad offers plenty of entertainment and is just good old fashioned fun.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 7, 2014
    More of a quirky technological demo than a full gaming experience. There's enough tentacles but not enough fun. [Issue #239]
  3. CD-Action
    Apr 2, 2014
    The best idea for a game ever – an octopus must pretend to be human in front of its wife and kids. When it comes to the story it’s a great cartoon, amusing both to children and adults, but gameplay has some difficult moments and peculiar controls result in some odd bugs. [04/2014, p.62]