6.7

1. Dec 31, 2014
    Got this game on steam sale. It told a nice story from a interesting perspective, had fun combat, and was generally amusing throughout with it's Dialog. With a little more polish this game would have been a 10.

The only real negative I have to say about the entire game is that I had to turn shadows down to low because they destroyed my performance on the first level. But honestly, that's nothing.
  2. Feb 21, 2014
    TL;DR Great story, meh mechanics

TL;DR Great story, meh mechanics

Purely from a writing standpoint, this is one of the most overlooked gems in the RPG genre. If you love story driven RPGs, I highly suggest considering this game. Tons of games talk about "Mature Themes" but this one really hits that nail on the head, and not just from the adult language (which there's a lot of). It covers racism, greed, hatred, violence, and betrayal. I felt both of the main characters were well written and it was interesting to see how their interactions with each other evolved as the story progressed.

Now onto the actual game systems.

The combat system isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. It's just like Game of Thrones, super slow mow where you can queue up 4 moves for each character. If you haven't played GoT, it's like KOTOR but without the actual pause. Difficulty of combat spikes a bit too and can be pretty hard when you don't get assassinations done before hand.

The game is really linear and there's almost no exploration. There's a handful of side quests but, they need to be done right then and there. Maps are very railroady with minimal hallway detours to find an occasional goody.

Each hero has 2 full trees and another tree split in half to work together/class specialty. It's by no means one of the most flexible systems in the genre but, it is far better than many others.

Game also isn't a huge, 40+ hour epic. I would expect 10-25 hours depending on difficulty with combat.
  3. Feb 18, 2014
    I find this game brilliant, the story just hit it for me, its original and moody. The combat and the overall system is surprisingly well-polished for a game of this budget. There only flaws I can find with this game is the ammount of untapped potential... this could have been on par with dragon age if there had been a longer story, more characters, and, I guess more money in the project. II find this game brilliant, the story just hit it for me, its original and moody. The combat and the overall system is surprisingly well-polished for a game of this budget. There only flaws I can find with this game is the ammount of untapped potential... this could have been on par with dragon age if there had been a longer story, more characters, and, I guess more money in the project. I absolutely love it and will follow cyanide studios closely in the future, and hope to god for a sequel. Expand
  4. Nov 12, 2013
    If I had to describe this game I'd call it an epic B-movie, you know, where everyone is a bit inexperienced and the whole thing is running on a low budget, but despite all that, everyone is doing their best, and love doing it, and it just shows :)

The story is great, a very good setting, pitching you on the other side of the usual fantasy world, the combat/game-play is passable, and the characters are fun and somewhat rounded out, there is however a bit too much swearing, and a lot of inconsistencies between the characters.

But I will wholeheartedly recommend this game
  5. Sep 9, 2013
    Very bad. I could not finish the game and I play lots of crappy games to conclusion. The voice acting was okay. The game is also very boring. The combat is bizarre, stupid, and gets old really fast. The developers could have done something interesting. There is a major problem in the video game industry with a lack of imagination. This game is a perfect example of that.
  6. May 9, 2013
    A very very very average game, the few good points (unusual story perspective, and err that's it) are all counterbalanced by plenty of negatives (terrible controls, horrible voice acting, bad npc models). Once in a while this game comes up for sale on steam for like $12 and for that price (it's like a meal at the food court) it's actually acceptable. Wouldn't pay a cent more though...
  7. Mar 31, 2013
    Interesting and more than decent story but the clunkyness of the controls made it difficult to play and turned me off of the game as a whole. Really wanted to like it too.
  8. Mar 5, 2013
    Great action fantasy game, with a nice script twist, where you get to play the "greenskins" against the really bad humans. Graphics are good, sound is a bit boring, gameplay and action is original with a slo-mo time frame where you get to select different actions which play on real time afterwards. The main characters are developing RPG-style abilities, which at the end of the game makeGreat action fantasy game, with a nice script twist, where you get to play the "greenskins" against the really bad humans. Graphics are good, sound is a bit boring, gameplay and action is original with a slo-mo time frame where you get to select different actions which play on real time afterwards. The main characters are developing RPG-style abilities, which at the end of the game make them really strong and cool to play. Expand
  9. Feb 17, 2013
    This is one of the few games recently that has got me hooked. The atmosphere and the setting is top notch (not a blatant Red vs. Blue setting), and god, the music. The music is simply amazing.

The two main protagonists are believable and likeable, if not gritty, and their voice actors really fit them. The plot itself isn't ground breaking, but -how- the plot was unravelled was brilliant. Arkail and Styx grow in maturity as the plot progresses, and the writers cleverly reveal the hows and whys along the way without throwing it in your face. When I finished the game, I was sad that it was actually over.

The combat was actually rather fun, mixing tactics and action. Again it's not ground breaking, but engaging enough for you to want more.

My opinion is that this game deserves more than it is credited for, but I tend to like these sort of games anyway. I honestly hope for more from Spiders/Cyanide, and more of the world that they have woven.
  10. Feb 15, 2013
    Graphics Ok..
    Narrative Unique..
    Gameplay Zero i am surprised to see high scores from magazines and users for that game..instead of buying this game, just hand ur money to a homeless man...
  11. Feb 8, 2013
    This game definitely had a lot of potential, and I enjoyed all of the 12 hours I spent playing it!
    That said, it has barely any replay value, which hurts its score.

If this was made as an open world game, with more gearing options, it would've had at least 2 more points from me!

End Verdict: Nice try.
  12. Feb 1, 2013
    This is quite honestly the worst game I have played this year. In all honesty the game is beautiful in it's design and I love the dark feel it gives off, but You CANNOT enjoy it. The fighting in this game is what made me give it a 2. If i factored it in with everything else it would be a 6 but the game's fighting took ALL of the fun out. I feel bad to because the game looked veryThis is quite honestly the worst game I have played this year. In all honesty the game is beautiful in it's design and I love the dark feel it gives off, but You CANNOT enjoy it. The fighting in this game is what made me give it a 2. If i factored it in with everything else it would be a 6 but the game's fighting took ALL of the fun out. I feel bad to because the game looked very interesting, although the way abilities chained together and how primitive the combat system was just made me smash my head of my desk. I bought this game 50% off on steam, so I also got it for my brother since he showed me it. And we are both pissed. He watched me play it and said no way am I installing that garbage. The fact of the matter is do NOT buy this game. I feel sorry saying this for the developers because I feel like they tried but the combat system is absolute GARBAGE. Expand
  13. Jan 8, 2013
    Game is not even close to perfect, but it's worth to waste 7-10h to complete a story. "Strange" stealth system, pretty annoying resurection system (normal potions would be a way better), boring battles, dragged out absolutely linear dungeons in 1st half of a game. Still I like this game.
  14. Jan 6, 2013
    I had really high hopes for this game but I'll start with the good. The game is nice to look at and I love the setting/storyline. Now the bad, which unfortunately just crushes all my hopes and dreams. I came into it expecting a good solid hack and slash adventure where I could romp around with a huge unstoppable orc.(or sit back and have fun assassinating people with the goblin). But theI had really high hopes for this game but I'll start with the good. The game is nice to look at and I love the setting/storyline. Now the bad, which unfortunately just crushes all my hopes and dreams. I came into it expecting a good solid hack and slash adventure where I could romp around with a huge unstoppable orc.(or sit back and have fun assassinating people with the goblin). But the combat system is AWFUL!!111!!!1ONE!! You dont actually do any fighting, just queue up some moves and then stand there getting hit by enemies while you auto attack. Seriously, send some strongly worded letters to the developer and do NOT buy this game. Expand
  15. Jan 6, 2013
    Great unique main storyline with side plots and quests that inter-twine. I will explain the game play for you to give you an idea.... At a battle scene, you select your character, out of Arkil (Big guy) or Styx (little guy) then, in kind of a slow motion sequence select which of the combatants you want to engage. You then select a myriad of different attacks that do straight up damageGreat unique main storyline with side plots and quests that inter-twine. I will explain the game play for you to give you an idea.... At a battle scene, you select your character, out of Arkil (Big guy) or Styx (little guy) then, in kind of a slow motion sequence select which of the combatants you want to engage. You then select a myriad of different attacks that do straight up damage or stun type effects on enemy. Then its back and forth changing player and attacking or defending depending on what strengths you have upgraded when you level up. Game play is a bit mechanical but once you get used to it, it flows pretty good. Wish there had of been more inventory items to find/buy and upgrade though. Well worth a look :) Expand
  16. Jan 3, 2013
    This game is maybe worth a once through if you like Orcs. We're talking Warcraft 3 "orcs of honor" here, they're basically Klingons lol. The story isn't too bad, fairly typical, but not bad. However the combat in this game is frustrating as hell. Not enough control over the toons, and some very non-intuitive abilities. Also between the orc's enrage mechanic and the bad guys stuns,This game is maybe worth a once through if you like Orcs. We're talking Warcraft 3 "orcs of honor" here, they're basically Klingons lol. The story isn't too bad, fairly typical, but not bad. However the combat in this game is frustrating as hell. Not enough control over the toons, and some very non-intuitive abilities. Also between the orc's enrage mechanic and the bad guys stuns, you're often not in control of anything for significant periods of time. Some of the dialogue, especially the cussing in the intro, is pretty forced but does seem more natural as the game goes on. I played all the way through, after the intro I immediately felt, this game sucks. A few hours in it was starting to get better. About halfway through until near the end it just got worse, combat became more frustrating, it didn't seem like my toons were getting any stronger but the baddies were. Then toward the end, last 4ish levels you get some new powers and it's largely easy mode and more fun after that. I think this game would have felt better if you got those powers a bit earlier. Expand
  17. Dec 30, 2012
    Story: 9 ---------------- Original and interesting but imperfectly implemented
    Visuals: 7 ------------- Good enough to for a last gen engine but doesn't go the extra mile
    Sound: 5 -------------- Decent music, mixed voice acting, some acceptable, some terrible, none great Controls: 3 ----------- Like it's Cousin Cyanide game Game of Thrones, they are clunky and boring Game Design: 4 ---
    Story: 9 ---------------- Original and interesting but imperfectly implemented
    Game Design: 4 --- RPG character development is decent but short linear levels hold it back
    Fun Factor: 6 -------- You will have to suffer through the game to enjoy a great story
    Overall: 6 ----------- Barely above average
  18. Dec 26, 2012
    Looks great, and some great concepts (playing as the Orc rebels vs humans, a 2 character RPG system, a combination of stealth and combat). Completely let down by unimaginative level design, tedious and frustrating combat and lengthy cut-scenes. Not a bad game, but a big case of style over substance and a real missed opportunity.
  19. Dec 23, 2012
    The Plot=Great, the Gameplay=Mediocre and confusing, there is a huge learning curve required. Really, I was disappointed at this game. I expected much more.
  20. Dec 3, 2012
    Why didn't they go for the obvious pun and call this The Green Revolution? Alright, serious face. I bought Of Orcs and Men in the Steam sale and was pleasantly surprised; to me it felt like a satisfying hybrid of a great buddy movie and an RPG/squad strategy. Once I'd got past the somewhat slow start and awkward camera angle the game got gradually better just about all the way through. IWhy didn't they go for the obvious pun and call this The Green Revolution? Alright, serious face. I bought Of Orcs and Men in the Steam sale and was pleasantly surprised; to me it felt like a satisfying hybrid of a great buddy movie and an RPG/squad strategy. Once I'd got past the somewhat slow start and awkward camera angle the game got gradually better just about all the way through. I finished it wanting more and with some mixed feelings - I enjoyed it a lot but it definitely has unrealised potential. Below I'll write some of my thoughts about it while avoiding spoilers.

The game hinges on three things. First is the setting and plot, which twists the usual Forgotten Realms-ish high fantasy into something more focused and less black-and-white. OO&M's world is deftly and economically drawn from neat strokes of dialogue, pretty art and little details.

Next is the dynamic between Arkail and Styx, the orc and goblin you play through the game with. This is critical to the game 'working' and it's done really well. The main duo are very likeable and bounce off each other well - they might not be moral exemplars but you feel for them and the situation they're in. Third is the combat engine, which is a little like a meatier version of the Infinity Engine; you slow time to a crawl in order to queue up commands for both characters from skill wheels. I feel like the combat is just short of being amazing, and needed a bit more tweaking (eg to make interrupting attacks more intuitive). But it's satisfying and engaging; firing enemies out of doors or down flights of stairs with Rain of Daggers never got old. The game has some genuinely cool moments that threw me for a loop. These were usually helped by the best bits of OO&M's inconsistent voice acting; the main duo and a couple of other characters have excellent actors (who aren't shy of changing the line a bit to make it sound more natural), while most of the rest are the usual video game standard (ie mediocre to comically bad :p). It's largely a linear game, which has positives and negatives. The plot is much stronger since it's not diluted by wandering around or having to accomodate nameless player-characters of sixteen possible elf race variants and nine 'alignments'. On the other hand, it would've been nice to be given a little chance to explore a cool setting of which you only see tantalising glimpses. Also, the choices given to you that make a difference (to gameplay or your feeling of righteousness) are some of the coolest bits, and more of them wouldn't hurt. There are other areas that could stand improvement. Some mechanics feel underdeveloped or underused - Styx's size as a movement mechanic, for instance, which is pretty much dropped early on. The awesome dynamic between Arkail and Styx and the cool setting feel a bit underexploited, though I guess it's better to finish the game wanting more than to grind through the last chapter feeling bored. In conclusion, OO&M is a bit of a breath of fresh air. D&Desque 'quasi-Europeans butcher thousands of Always Chaotic Evil humanoids without a second thought' high fantasy is ridiculously tired and stale. This game is a great step towards freshening the genre up and adding a bit of philosophical depth to it. Because of that, and because I just enjoyed it as a buddy-movie blast with an unusual and cool pair of buddies, I can forgive it its problems. If I were using a proper 0-100 scale where 50 is 'average', I'd give it about 82%. Since our review scale is so skewed by corruption, user review bombing and 'publisher over my shoulder', though, I'm giving it 9 out of 10.
  21. Nov 23, 2012
    I just got this game on the Steam sale, and even getting it half off I think I just threw away $20. After playing for 2 hours I doubt I will spend any more time with this game. First the good: the game seems to be a unique take on fantasy tropes (similar to Dragon Age) which was the thing that first interested me about it. Also, the graphics seem to be pretty well done and I encounteredI just got this game on the Steam sale, and even getting it half off I think I just threw away $20. After playing for 2 hours I doubt I will spend any more time with this game. First the good: the game seems to be a unique take on fantasy tropes (similar to Dragon Age) which was the thing that first interested me about it. Also, the graphics seem to be pretty well done and I encountered no graphical glitches in my time playing. Now the bad. I should have read some of the reviews more carefully, because then I would have known what to expect. Combat is just you choosing abilities and waiting for you character to execute them. I think the developers were going for sort of a rock paper scissor counter mechanic, but my experience so far is you could basically just randomly choose abilities and get the same results. Not only that, but when you pause to issue orders you can not issue movement orders, so it becomes almost impossible to avoid melee. After 1 or 2 battles this system is so extremely lackluster and boring, that I can't imagine how the good points of the game could counter balance the combat. If the combat had just been ok, or kind of bad, I think the good would make this worth playing; unfortunately the combat is AWFUL.

One final note: I should have actually read the positive reviews first instead of just looking at the score, because most of them are just things like "I am just balancing the troll reviews." Well shame on you, because you basically are trolling people yourself. You make the score look much higher than it should have been. I certainly would have not wasted my money on this game had I realized that was why the score was higher (I will admit this was certainly my fault, but it is frustrating none the less).

Bottom line: this game is wasted potential. It seems like it could have been great, but the combat is so bad it ruins it.
  22. Nov 12, 2012
    The game storyline is great, the gameplay is just as good. This game is well worth the 39.99 dollar price mark. Do not compare this to the greater titles of past years, lately critics have compared games to one another instead of subjective critics measuring the Game for what it is, a form of entertainment. Now a game has to have an open world to be a good game? This game is linear and itThe game storyline is great, the gameplay is just as good. This game is well worth the 39.99 dollar price mark. Do not compare this to the greater titles of past years, lately critics have compared games to one another instead of subjective critics measuring the Game for what it is, a form of entertainment. Now a game has to have an open world to be a good game? This game is linear and it needs to be linear to have the impact on the storyline the way it was meant. Overall I do not give this game best game of the year but I definitely put it on the Must-play games of the year. Expand
  23. Nov 3, 2012
    This is basically exactly the same as the game of thrones RPG when it comes to game play etc..
    The game does have amazing graphics But here is very little else going for this game..
    The combat systems is terrible, you basically just click a bunch of commands like what attacks you want to use & then wait for like a minute for your guy to finish his attacks.. If your hoping for a Action
    If your hoping for a Action RPG like Fable or kingdoms of amalur you will be highly disappointed.
    Don't be fooled be the awesome screen shots in magazines & websites, this game feels like your not really playing just clicking a bunch of buttons & then sitting back waiting for your guy to finish & just watching.. while if you compare the game system to kingdoms of amalur for example that game feels like it you doing the fighting.

Summary, Don't buy this game..
  24. Nov 2, 2012
    Game is ok, it's got good graphics and was fun for awhile. However, I got board with the way the missions were set up. You essentially started at one end of a map and moved to the end through a pre-determined course, battling enemies of increasing difficulty until your 'Boss' fight at the end. Just lost interest in the same type of content.
  25. Nov 1, 2012
    I enjoyed the game. It has a few issues, the most noticeable one, characters mouths are not very well synced with their speech, so as they talk their mouths jitter, in a way. I was able to look past it though. The story was very enjoyable, at times I felt more like I was watching a movie, because the cut-scenes sometimes slip into one another. The dialogue felt strange at times, mostlyI enjoyed the game. It has a few issues, the most noticeable one, characters mouths are not very well synced with their speech, so as they talk their mouths jitter, in a way. I was able to look past it though. The story was very enjoyable, at times I felt more like I was watching a movie, because the cut-scenes sometimes slip into one another. The dialogue felt strange at times, mostly because of the excessive swearing. It came to show personality of the characters further into the story though. I played through the game on normal, and had a little trouble getting in tune with the combat system because of the difficulty. Actual strategy needs to be used, you can't just spam attacks. After developing strategies with fights, the system became rather enjoyable, and challenging. I recommend that you give the game a shot. From the start, you will probably know whether or not you will enjoy it. Expand
  26. Oct 28, 2012
    When I first emerged into a sunlight valley, with the story of Orcen persecution by the hands of ambitious, yet cruel men as a backdrop, I knew I was in for a visual and emotive storyline worth sitting through. However, almost jarringly intertwined with the story was an uninteresting combat system and rather unfinished loot system.

The clans of powerful orc warriors are in chaos after

The clans of powerful orc warriors are in chaos after years of relentless assault by man. Many of your brethren lay enslaved, many more lay dead. In an effort aptly described as suicide, you are tasked with finding the emperor and killing him to delay potential alliances with the dwarves and elves.

The backdrops for missions help convey the sense of desperation and hatred between the two races. Scared peasants cower at your large bulky stature, mercenaries attack without repent. You will be drawing blood in lavish towers, fighting in mines which have broken the will of many strong orcs, and sneaking around the brush on tropical islands. Although linear in their paths, the scenery more than makes up for the set direction.

You
  27. Oct 27, 2012
    If you liked Dragon Age, this game is for you. Finally a game that uses a new graphics engine. I was devastated when GW2 came out and it looked like a ten year old game. Games should use cutting edge graphics and sound and that just has not been happening lately. This game brings you both and a strong story and enthralling gameplay. 8.5 out of ten.
  28. Oct 18, 2012
    Good solid game with a strong story. A nice break from the mainstream games that are becoming stale. The combat system is different and requires a bit of thought making for some careful planning against large parties of foes. Well worth a go.
  29. Oct 16, 2012
    Refreshing, solid and a nice break from the generic RPG storyline of human Good - Orc Bad... voice acting is killer with the well written script and as another reviewer stated combat is a lot like Dragon Age which is much to my liking, money well spent, looking forward to future title DLC's
  30. Oct 16, 2012
    I was doubtfull about this game, but after playing it i have to say its GREAT, the great narrative and occasional wacky scenes made it worth my while, a must for all Fantasy RPG lovers.
  31. Oct 15, 2012
    Please give this game a chance. The 205 negative reviews dont have any comments. How is that possible because I had to write 150 characters to leave a review.
  32. Oct 14, 2012
    Lured to buy the game by the "1.0" metacritic user score, driven by a sudden unexplainable twinge of perverted masochism, I have to say I got really disappointed in my expectations: this is an original and entertaining game. Can't see particular flaws worth mention, only thing I can do is suggest it.
  33. Oct 14, 2012
    What a bunch of trolling idiots. Trying my best to balance this out. Game looks original and it will be fun playing as the bad guys, trying to slay the filthy humans!
  34. Oct 14, 2012
    Guys, greeting to all from Russia. I just want to say that this game is amazing. All negative reviews are from Russian guy named Biboran and his fans. They like to give negative ratings for good games. They find it funny. Just look at PS3 version of Dishonored. They are idiots. Now forget about them. Play Of Orcs and Men! Game of the month for me.
  35. Oct 14, 2012
    Same as other posters, just balancing for trolling, if/when I end up getting the game I'll get back to you on what I thought. The only thing I can currently say is that the trailer looked good and if the gameplay is up to par it should be an interesting game.
  36. Oct 13, 2012
    Like the rest here. I am just balancing out the review from this 204 bomb show. I really doubt 204 people ranked it is the worst possible game in history without even one of them saying why it is
  37. Oct 13, 2012
    I have seen a lot of trolling on many fronts because of the gameplay not being a hack and slash. The gameplay is like dragon age origins for anyone who is interested and plays as smoothly and balanced as it. Although word of warning due to only having the tank and rogue archetypes it is somewhat simplified, they have replaced the healer class with skills that gradually regenerate healthI have seen a lot of trolling on many fronts because of the gameplay not being a hack and slash. The gameplay is like dragon age origins for anyone who is interested and plays as smoothly and balanced as it. Although word of warning due to only having the tank and rogue archetypes it is somewhat simplified, they have replaced the healer class with skills that gradually regenerate health for several seconds. There has also been a lot of trolling due to the fact that the orcs are the heroes although anyone who has actually played the game will know that just because you play an orc and a goblin; this does not mean that all the orcs in the game are good and not all humans are evil. The storyline is simple and the maps are linear but I am having a blast playing the game and "HIGHLY" recommend it to anyone who enjoys old bioware rpg's, it may not have as much depth as them (not very many games do to be honest) but it will satisfy your taste buds. The game deserves an 8/9 out of 10 but I am giving it a 10 to do what I can to counter-act the massive negative trolling that has emerged on the user score.

Just a follow note if you enjoy fantasy with a grungy dirty feel to it, for example Game of Throne then you should enjoy the feel of this game. It hasn't got everything but you can see focus have really put time and effort into making the game and the stats/gameplay are able to be manipulated enough to change how you play the characters for a second or third play through.
  38. Oct 12, 2012
    Either the People who Rate it with 0, before the Game is barely Released, are 12 Years old, or they have a Massive Stick up their anal Ways.. I just don't get it.. As for the Game itself, its a solid Experience
  39. Oct 11, 2012
    I assume that the massive review bomb is because of the technical difficulties in downloading it from Steam in the first couple hours. But seriously, grow up, people. You don't even know what went wrong or whose the fault was, and you're doing something that could potentially cripple the sales of this game.

Anyway, I got the game installed and running a couple hours ago, and so far it's going pretty well. The main thing that drew me to the game in the first place was the setup: setting the story from the perspective of the Orcs, who are typically delegated to unambiguously evil enemy fodder roles. However, instead of doing the Fable or Overlord thing where you're just an evil bastard for the sake of amusement, the game portrays the Orcs and Goblins as the wronged party, being subjugated and massacred for purely racist reasons on the behalf of the humans.

Combat so far reminds me of Dragon Age: Origins, allowing you to pause the game in combat to select targets and abilities, and the different gameplay and combat styles between the Orc and Goblin characters balance well and leave for good strategic depth. As you level up you can unlock and upgrade new abilities, and level-ups happen at a good pace so you're always getting new powers to play with. The story so far is well presented, the voice acting is mostly solid, especially in the case of the main character, although a lot of the swearing seems forced, like it had been thrown in just to warrant an M rating. It's not an issue, but it can be a little distracting. The visuals look great maxed out, and from footage I've seen of the console releases the game still looks good even when toned down a little. the art style is kind of generic fantasy fare, but that could just be part of the irony, to help emphasize the point that you're in a pretty dramatic departure from the standard fantasy 'humans=noble, orcs=evil' themes.

Overall I'm enjoying the game a lot. Don't let the petulant children of the internet fool you, this is a solid game, and well worth checking out.
  40. Oct 12, 2012

An interesting experiment of an “intellectual” action game, with unique protagonists, a story with strokes of magnificence and dilemmas. Alas, its launch is badly-timed (many blockbusters around this time of year). Of Orcs and Men is not for everyone, but at least all fantasy fans should have a peek. [December 2012]
    Action adventures with orc and goblin in leading roles aren't too usual. Unfortunately, there is not much to offer – gameplay is flat and eye-catching visuals can't save it all. [Dec 2012]
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    Of Orcs and Men's few design issues don't prevent it from being a fun, table-turning take on the age-old conflict.