Officers PC

7.2

1. Sep 1, 2010
    I have bought the game for 149 CZK (about 6 EUR) and I was really surprised. The game introduces 6 missions for Allies from Normandy to heart of Germany. The positive thing is huge maps, requisition of new units based upon your progress (you do not have to capture all enemy locations, but the more you capture, the more units you can field), quite good cooperation of armors and infantryI have bought the game for 149 CZK (about 6 EUR) and I was really surprised. The game introduces 6 missions for Allies from Normandy to heart of Germany. The positive thing is huge maps, requisition of new units based upon your progress (you do not have to capture all enemy locations, but the more you capture, the more units you can field), quite good cooperation of armors and infantry (you need to make a recon using a scout infantry as your tanks do not see so far and ca easily be killed by hidden AT guns or panzers). The number of units you can use is also sufficient. Regarding the graphics, it is not top of the line, but also is not the worst I have seen. I would say it is quite sufficient. In a summary, the game certainly kept me entertained for many days and I can recommend it to everyone who likes a good and somewhat realistic strategy. Expand
  2. JayM
    Jun 27, 2009
    This game is just horrible. I feel like I'm playing a game back in 1995 when I play this game, Just horrible. Should have known not to listen to the critics and buy this sorry game on steam, now I'm out of 30 bucks and stuck with a worthless waste of space on my hard drive. At leased I've have a 30 dollar coaster if i bought it from a retailer, that or I'd have a This game is just horrible. I feel like I'm playing a game back in 1995 when I play this game, Just horrible. Should have known not to listen to the critics and buy this sorry game on steam, now I'm out of 30 bucks and stuck with a worthless waste of space on my hard drive. At leased I've have a 30 dollar coaster if i bought it from a retailer, that or I'd have a pretty good shot at being about to return this junk game. Just a Garbage title, don't waste your time and for God sacks read the user reviews before you buy and not the critics. Collapse

1. Despite the amazing scope and intensity of the battles (during the Omaha Beach offensive I’ve burnt 750 German tanks and killed 17500 soldiers), there will come an inevitable moment when Officers becomes boring and turns into Blitzkrieg 2 on steroids.
  2. The game has been out in Russia for almost two years and now proves to be an insiders’ tip. The maps are huge, up to 25 square kilometers and there are up to 1.500 units on them. The graphics are dated, the background music can be annoying, but the game itself is thrilling and offers a lot of tactical depth.
  3. There's plenty of potential in the Officers franchise. Few games manage to capture WW2 this well at the tactical level. But a few problems with friendly AI and stability do drag the score down somewhat.