6.5

1. Jan 28, 2012
    Big waste of money. Not recommended. Ok graphics, but mediocre gameplay. Lots of embarrassing grammar errors. The computer talks like a redneck GladOS. Sort of amusing it's so bad. Obviously an amateur foreign game studio.
  2. Jun 17, 2013
    A pretty lackluster RTS at best, and a pretty big waste of money at worst. Lets give it credit though, it does look nice. But really when it comes to sound, aesthetics, and most importantly gameplay, the game falls flat on its face.

Lets start with the atrocious voice acting.
    It's atrocious. The head commander whats-his-face sounds like he hates you more than the bad guys your
    fighting, the lower commander is annoying, and the pilot sounds like she has something in her nose all the time. Also, the in game subtitles don't even mach what the characters are even saying. Oops.

As for the aesthetics and sound, its not great. Half of the music tracks in the game are either too action oriented or straight up obnoxious, not complimentary for the strategy fell this game is supposed to have. Sound effects are not bad though.

But the final nail in the coffin, the gameplay.
    Granted, I haven't gotten very far into it, but so far this "strategy" game is nothing more that the most basic for of strategy of all, the "MOB RUSH!" simply massing units and capturing all basses that stand in your way, WWII Blitzkrieg style, and building towers at your base. Not fun.

I think I would be nicer to this game if it wasn't so pleased with itself. There is actually a tutorial interrupting hotkey that literally does nothing but "give you a cinematic view of the battle" instead of the simple strategic view. It disgusts me to think that they wanted to show off all the "pretty graphics" instead of thinking about what kind of game they are making.

If you like this kind of strategy game I have a great game for you: Phage wars
    Its essentially just this game but simpler, less intruding, and best part, FREE!
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    This game is not in English, it was apparently translated by a chimpanzee to produce something that I can only describe as "almost English". Aside from that, the game play is something which probably wouldn't even entertain a chimpanzee.

It doesn't warrant a detailed review because no sane person would want to get into the details after seeing how worthless this game is.
  4. Feb 5, 2012
    Played for 5 minutes...which is about how much time I'll spend reviewing it. Too boring. Looked fun....but its not. A real sleeper. Someone wake me up when its over.
  5. Feb 3, 2012
    This game may not have blood sausage but the game really weak. I admit that I can praise this type of game but this game will put on anything other than just plain attacking, even without any rozplanowywania so I do not know what to expect developers creating such a system. The game is just bad and that's expected expansion of its platform, to improve the army, and got a good strategy kiepskawÄ Expand
  6. Jul 30, 2013
    Limited gameplay options really killed this node-based game for me. At first it looks cool, but after a few hours I felt I had seen all it had to offer. This game is played on the minimap. All the 3D is just there to entertain you... The minimap is where it's at. And once you understand that, there's not much to enjoy anymore. And then there's the horrible voice-acting, which makes a farce of the otherwise tragic plot. Nothing to see here. Expand
  7. Sep 15, 2013
    This game would be great if it wasn't for the annoying infinitely respawning enemies. multiplayer and custom games are fun but the campaign is just irritating. Don't get me wrong you can beat it without a problem if your going for just the objectives. but if your being a gamer and want to CLEAR THE MAP they make it next to impossible, or if you do clear the map you still have to deal with that infinite respawning enemies that just continually come onto the map. It's even more irritating when the computer is producing more units then you and you have control of the whole map.

The next thing that is extremely irritating is that as long as there is a water way to your building people can attack it. which means they can pass any base along the way and not have to stop. this may sound okay but combine it with infinite respawning enemies and a map that should take 10 20 minutes is now an hour.

The game looks great but I would rather play age of empires 2 then this.

And the last thing is this is a port. I don't care what they say if it's PC to PS3 IT'S NOT. the mechanics, the set up the way it plays, and how you move your units their all set up for a console. regardless if they made it on the PC first and sent it to PS3 they had ONLY mechanics of the console in mind.

Oil Rush manages to separate itself from the flock through a range of novel ideas and features, while still remaining accessible to all fans of the genre. It has a few flaws, but is still well worth getting.
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    A game that has a great little concept, a wonky campaign, AI bots that aren't quite up to the challenge of challenging you and somewhat dodgy netcode. It's incredibly frustrating, because the core concept works, and it works well. It's just all the rest that's falling apart at the seams.
  3. Apr 4, 2012
    It is not an epic strategy game like Dune but this little gem offers something for almost everybody: Beginners will not be overburdened while experienced players will get a challenge with the unusual mechanics and veterans can ramp up the difficulty level to get their money's worth.