6.5

1. Jan 28, 2012
    This game is absolutely amazing, it has much higher quality than some of the other major companies like EA or Activision. The unit controls are simple, the graphics are great, and the devs listen and fix problems extremely quickly. The reason I'm not giving it a perfect 10 is because of a typo every once and a while in the dialogue (it's usually just an extra letter, and the voices sayThis game is absolutely amazing, it has much higher quality than some of the other major companies like EA or Activision. The unit controls are simple, the graphics are great, and the devs listen and fix problems extremely quickly. The reason I'm not giving it a perfect 10 is because of a typo every once and a while in the dialogue (it's usually just an extra letter, and the voices say things in the correct way) and a bug every once and a while. Unless you focus on 1 little detail and ignore the rest of the game, (brainlok's 0/10 review) this game is totally worth the $20! Expand
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    Visuals: Visuals are really cool in this game. Don't think I have ever seen that much detail in an RTS game with some many units on the screen. I have a pretty old PC but everything runs smooth and fast. Impressive especially for an indie game.

Gameplay: The gameplay on one hand leaves you without old style fun like unit control, but on the other hand you can focus on the strategy rather then clicking your mouse at 1000 times a second. This game is really easy to control, but AI is pretty challenging so single-player isn't boring.

Sound: Kind of average. I liked the soundtrack though.

Overall: A pretty unique gameplay. Really good graphics. IMHO a really nice game.
  3. Feb 6, 2012
    Very fun game! Gameplay: it's like a speed chess in multiplayer: you need to make the right decisions very quickly, each wrong move can cost you the whole match. I'm glad that there is no micromanagement: you can concentrate on real strategy instead of moving each unit like crazy.
    Single player campaign could be longer (took me about 8 hours), but all missions are different, so it was also fun, especially for an indie game.
    Graphics quality is amazing! Eastern villages are my favourite maps, they are just beautiful.
    Conclusion: great looking cross-platform (Windows, Mac AND Linux) game with fun gameplay for just $20. I love it!
  4. Feb 8, 2012
    Nice and really beautiful game. Gameplay is fun also, though, kinda the same. Good, that's there are different missions in campaign, but it's way too short! (common guys, the second part in the DLC?)
  5. May 12, 2012
    Addictive gameplay ,especially in the quick play mode.haven't tried multiplayer yet,but expect it to be even more awesome,based on my experience.single player campaign is long and interesting.voice acting quality is okay,though not the best.tech tree is well built.i lose a sense of time while playing this game,and this is the best praise you can give for a game.graphics are awesome.modelsAddictive gameplay ,especially in the quick play mode.haven't tried multiplayer yet,but expect it to be even more awesome,based on my experience.single player campaign is long and interesting.voice acting quality is okay,though not the best.tech tree is well built.i lose a sense of time while playing this game,and this is the best praise you can give for a game.graphics are awesome.models are highly detailed.and the video options can be scaled down ,so that it can run well even on lower end machines.and it supports linux too!eager to see more games on the unigine engine,especially on linux Expand
  6. May 12, 2012
    beautiful graphics,simple but engaging gameplay and runs smoothly even on my old laptop.developers provide good support through the forums.we linux users seldom get to play such a high quality game.
    the game is really fast paced even though there is no micromanagement because you have to continuously rebuild the towers that get destroyed and keep the control over the oil towers because oil is the currency in this game.there is no multiplayer server in this game,though the skirmish mode is really addictive.it introduces a new gameplay concept in the rts genre and is much better than the recycled fps games today in the market released once every year.highly recommended!
  7. May 12, 2012
    love the graphics.node based gameplay rocks! the developers have released patches to support nline multiplayer which will be a blast! have been playing this game for the past couple of months and there has never been a dull moment in it.
  8. Feb 3, 2014
    Really interesting. Fun and Nice, and the campaign is enjoyable.
    I would recommend it to you if you like real time strategy games.
    Many kinds of units, platforms and skills so it doesn't make you feel bored
    even when you're playing it over and over again.
  9. Oct 14, 2014
    Мне игра очень понравилась. Фиг с этими соплями, лучше отмечу плюсы и минусы:

+ Очень, повторяю, очень красивая музыка в игре. Редко встречается, чтобы мне у композитора нравились хотя бы 1-2 песни, а у paralyzah почти все песни превосходны, кроме bloodmoney и hammerhead. + В игре очень красивая графика и анимации. Интересно рассматривать как работают люди на платформах, хоть и
    Мне игра очень понравилась. Фиг с этими соплями, лучше отмечу плюсы и минусы:

+ В игре очень красивая графика и анимации. Интересно рассматривать как работают люди на платформах, хоть и раздражает, что они проходят сквозь двери.
    Разработчики уделили внимание и постапокалиптическим декорациям: хибары-трущобы в американских каньонах, затопленные мегаполисы, азиатские деревеньки "на плаву" около которых маленькие азиатские "водяные огороды", так же азиатские буддисткие храмы на камнях с зеленью вокруг, азиатские фермеры на азиатских галерах и промышленный район. В общем, очень интересно рассматривать декорации постапокалиптического мира. В данной игре это сделано на ура.

+ Кампания тоже получилась тоже очень неплохо: в игре есть неплохое разнообразие миссий (сопроводить мирных житилей, уйти от погони северных друзей, удержать НПЗ и так далее). На сложном уровне играть поинтереснее.

+Так же интересная улучшение веток способностей: защита, атака и "третье не знаю" (хоть всегда третье и улучшаю)

+ Игра не требовательна к железу

- Короткая кампания, хотелось хотя бы какого-нибудь DLC с дополнительными миссиями.

- Неинтересно играть с ИИ. Легко победить троих сложных компьютеров в союзе.

- Слишком мало карт, хотелось бы побольше.

- Так же хотелось бы в сражениях поиграть с большим количеством игроков/ИИ. Например карта на 10 игроков. Было бы интереснее, чем на 4.

- Немного раздражает, что в игре по факту существует только две фракции (деление по виду техники): рейнджеры и остальные. Сделали бы разного вида внешний облик техники красных, северян и азиатов.

Поставил игре 10/10 лишь потому, чтобы игра дотянуда до 70, так как считаю, что игра заслуживает 73 балла metascore и поддерживаю отечественного производителя.
  10. Feb 6, 2012

Oil Rush manages to separate itself from the flock through a range of novel ideas and features, while still remaining accessible to all fans of the genre. It has a few flaws, but is still well worth getting.
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    A game that has a great little concept, a wonky campaign, AI bots that aren't quite up to the challenge of challenging you and somewhat dodgy netcode. It's incredibly frustrating, because the core concept works, and it works well. It's just all the rest that's falling apart at the seams.
  3. Apr 4, 2012
    It is not an epic strategy game like Dune but this little gem offers something for almost everybody: Beginners will not be overburdened while experienced players will get a challenge with the unusual mechanics and veterans can ramp up the difficulty level to get their money's worth.