4.8

1. Feb 4, 2013
    Very enjoyable game, though I can understand that not everyone would like it. If you like turn based combat games, like X-Com, you'll like this game. It isn't perfect but it's definitely a lot of fun!
  2. Jun 27, 2013
    To be fair, writing this review on 27 June 2013, many months after the game's original release and after having very recently purchased the super-patched version with all the DLCs, I cannot agree or disagree with the reviews of the originally-released version, which seemed flawed and incomplete. Consequently, my score of 10 corresponds to the version I have recently bought (and the only one I have played), which was enhanced by the major end-of-May patch.

I only played the first mission of the Campaign, which is a first of many tutorial missions. After that, I experimented with various sandbox-mode setups.

I'm not an action-game tactical fighter. Consequently, I do not mind if the A.I. adversaries are too easy to defeat in the turn-based combat encounters. Those do not happen often, and I find them fun, even though they do not constitute difficult challenges.

I'm not a financial wizard, either. Consequently, I do not mind if the game's economic simulation of a criminal enterprise lacks "realism" and deep challenge. There is just enough pseudo-realism and economic interactions to represent a decent simulation challenge.

What I am is a RPG player. I enjoy to design PCs (human-controlled Player Characters) and to play-act them according to their positive and negative limitations. In the sandbox mode, the game shines if it is played with such a RPG-style mindset.

If you play it with a strategic and/or tactical "wargame" mindset, you will feel underwhelmed.

Playing in a huge window, on my 1920x1200-resolution desktop, with 8x AA, after having tinkered with my video "Catalyst Control" settings, the game looks great crisp and clean.

I'm having a lot of fun. I will certainly pay full-price if more DLCs or expansions are offered.
  3. Dec 8, 2013
    My adventure in this game started with the TV-Series on HBO- Boardwalk Empire. Then I bought this Game.Played forty minutes and And I liked it.Perhaps the game looks good, despite the bugs.I recommend to those who like turn-based strategy and economic. I badly write in English and I speak no better, but I think you catch my drift. Google Translate in Help.
  4. Feb 2, 2013
    I like the game, its a nice graphic, but the old heroes and magic missions is a big drop for me, i personale don't like it.

All the features, i like them, and there is more hours in it than i thought, a game for me don't need all kinda features, as long its fun and like doing some of the same things over and over, to get more power and become the Mafia.

Buy it if you like a strategy
    game that got lots of game time and for me it's addicting. Collapse

1. Jun 10, 2013
    Despite its elaborate nature, Omerta does not offer a great deal of variety, while giving the impression of a 10-hour-long tutorial, constantly guiding the player. Such a repetitive game will not take long to get tiresome. [March 2013]
  2. Apr 11, 2013
    Best avoided by anyone seeking a real challenge or keen to get their teeth into some serious multiplayer gaming!
  3. Apr 9, 2013
    A promising concept of managerial and turn-based strategy from the Prohibition in the United States era. However, its realisation is unfortunate. From the managerial point of view the game is too long, reminding Waiting for Godot. Entertaining fights are subsequently killed by repeating locations and unpolished cover system.