4.9

1. Jan 8, 2011
    I have played OFDR one year after its pubblication.
    The game fails in everything.
    AI is too accurate in far distances, all the enemies seem to be snipers. Also, they can kill us even if we are hidden inside thick vegetation or behind a wall. But when we get closer to the enemy, it is completely stupid and easy to kill.
    Physics are bad. Tanks and vehicles flips in the air when we drive them
    on little rocks. Moreover I had the sensation to drive them on the ice.
    There are no checkpoints for secondary objectives (more difficult to complete than the primary ones).
    Graphics suck....bad textures, 3D models, lighting, post processing effects, bloom...
    Single player campaign is slow and boring...
    ARMA2 is on another level and a REAL PC GAME.
  2. May 30, 2013
    Riding on the glory of original operation flashpoint gameplay was horrible Campaing was horrible multiplayer was horrible and bugged to hell when released This was a disgrace to the name of operation flashpoint only later i found out that real operation flashpoint makers had made series called ARMA and that was the real simulation follow up for opf .
    TLDR: Codemasters tookd the
    operation flashpoint name and disgraced it hard game sucks hard and anyone looking for real simulation game should buy Arma 2 and soon Arma 3 Expand
  3. Nov 30, 2011
    This game took away everything that made original Operation Flashpoint great and replaced it with average console shooter junk.

Away is the freedom, customization, user made content, modding, atmospheric campaign, challenging missions, "feel of being there".

All we got is bland terrain, repetitive missions, dumb AI, corridor shooter feeling when traveling from checkpoint to checkpoint,
    magic bullet shield that makes enemies shoot all around you but not at you, horrible short campaign. Expand
  4. May 19, 2011
    My computer is worth about $2500. This game used five. This was a really dishonest outing by Codemasters. Aside from the shoddy product and the misleading ads. . . uh, seriously, Astroturfing campaigns? Really guys? How much did you want to milk somebody else's hard work for, and bilk their fans? You might have just put in the effort and made a good game instead, it would have been less trouble. Expand
  5. Jul 21, 2011
    Poor console port, its playable but fails on every level, AI, animations, vehicles, its pretty poor and uninspired. The best part of the game is probably game menu, and it still sucks because of the song they put in there.
  6. Jan 30, 2014
    It's really a trash game, tried first on PS3, it was awful, later the demo on PC, yeah... trash, walk a long circle around this one, if you really want to see it for yourself, try the demo. I Thought it was like the old Rainbow six, where you also could make your own load-out, but no, here is your M16A4 instead.
  7. Sep 1, 2012
    Grapically, this game is very well done. But gameplay wise.... it's quite boring. The environment is very detailed when you are outside, but when you step inside a structure you will see completely empty rooms with the occasional mutilated corpse. Enemies are snipers from long rage but are completely brain dead when it comes to killing you if you reside inside a building. Multiplayer is broken so that you will constantly lose connections to the server/other player who is host. Not a game i recommend purchasing, even for fans of military simulators. Expand
  8. Dec 3, 2011
    Good graphics but not as realistic as the first and no dedicated server support for multi-player. Huge foul up on Codemasters' part. They basically made it for consoles and then ported it to the PC. Bad idea.
  9. Apr 18, 2012
    Falls short of its potential. Severe consolitis, some frustrating gameplay, mouse acceleration, too low FOV, a bit too arcade... It tries to be a simulator with arcade gameplay which does not work. Totally overshadowed by the ARMA series which does everything except the singleplayer campaign better. While I recommend some mediocre games provided you can buy them for next to nothing, I'm not sure this is one of them - you should have better things to do. Expand
  10. Apr 20, 2012
    Despite the blithering chatter of the roughly one-in-three who actually enjoyed this game, I have taken to reviewing this piece of sh!t despite having played it for only a few minutes. I fully accept that I only get one shot at reviewing each game (yeah, thanks metacritic -- it's not like any of us ever play something more than once, right?), but I cannot in all good conscience go on to recommend this POS even if I DO find some website that tells me how to do something basic and get past the first part of the first level. I started it, I liked the setting, I don't mind the stilted motion, the ordinary graphics (reminds me a lot of Ghost Recon 2001), and overly-technical interface. But EXACTLY LIKE THAT EQUALLY SH!TTY ARMA2, it is the INABILITY TO ISSUE ONE SINGLE ORDER -- YOU THERE, BLOW UP THAT RADAR -- THAT EARNS THIS GAME P.O.S. OF THE YEAR! Well done, Codemasters. You have successfully gone where your former teammates in the ARMAtards went and produced a COMPREHENSIVELY UN-INTUITIVE INTERFACE that leaves the VERY FIRST MISSION victim of a SACF command. I'm serious. I can weave my way with complete deceptiveness toward the radar installation. I can flank and gun down a dozen enemy troops, but I cannot, in all the menus, in all the commands, with all the keyboard shortcuts, figure how I am s'posed to tell that guy, yeah you with the massive C4 belt hanging around your neck, to blow up THAT radar installation. I mean, the idiot should just KNOW to do it, but I'll forgive his adherence to chain of command. But, nup, I am apparently a complete 'tard because there is no way that radar is ever getting blown up. I even lost the other two teams waiting for me to do it and come help them, but they got wasted waiting for my a$$. I'm gobsmacked. Who writes this crap? If we got this from the likes of EA or Sony or any of them, there's be riots in the streets with people wanting to burn alive the UI designers and the QA testers. So why do we accept this from codemasters just because they're amateurs? Does that make this nonsense acceptable? No, I say. If the "you there, blow that up" command isn't in the field manual, and isn't in the options, nor in the keyboard commands, and CERTAINLY cannot be chanced upon, then I consider that counter-intuitive bullsh17. And men have died for less! In short, unless you LIKE puzzle games where figuring out the command structure of the game IS the puzzle, then leave this crap right alone. Expand
  11. Jun 15, 2013
    Game is stupid,AI good accuracy at long distances(Like if they were carrying sniper rifles)while regardless your skill u cant hit enemies sometimes due to bullet spread or drop or w/e,bad accuracy at short ranges,ally AI sucks ,sometimes they dont look for cover and go into melee range at close quarters.... the PC version sucks even FAR CRY 1 the very first one looks better in every sense
  12. Jan 2, 2013
    Pretty disappointing. The graphics look good and the gameplay style is what it is supposed to be, but that's the only purely positive things about it. Everything else is flawed in someway.

The friendly AI in your fire team is completely incompetent most of the time. If you order them to assault they can be helpful, but most of the time will not take cover or fire effectively like the
    enemy AI do. If you order one to heal another you can't cover them because if you move they move too and never get it done.
    If you order suppressive fire, well maybe they will maybe they won't. The vehicles are more of a pain in the ass to command. THERE'S NO WAY TO LOOK AROUND YOU. Better hope there's never an enemy behind you because there's no way to order your gunner to shoot them. You can't turn your head?! So realistic! And again, you can't be sure you men will even get in.
    The saves at checkpoints doesn't make any sense. If you die you don't start where you were at the last checkpoint. they just stick you were they expected you to be! And you will not have any of the weapons you had when you reached that check point. There at least needs to be one save per mission, like in Cold war crisis, if they're going to be that stupid.
    The map is annoying. In the briefing, before a mission, there's little icons and they say you need to clear a road but there's nothing showing what road, what route the units you're escorting are taking. Really **** briefings. As for the "realistic trajectories" it seems that means bullets fly randomly. There's a difference between bullet drop, wind effect and bullets not hitting where you aim. All in all, I don't understand why CM keep putting this half finished crap out. Arma 2 was horrible because it was lacking aspects of Dragon Rising. Dragon Rising is lacking aspects or Arma 2. There hasn't been much improvement since Cold War Crisis in my opinion. Instead of continuing to turn out **** they need to just finish one of these games. I want to finish it but I don't think I'll be able to deal with the frustration.

1. It's not perfect, there are little problems and niggles that can be found if you look for them, but none of them spoil the game or ruin the playing experience.
  2. Operation Flashpoint 2 is a simulation, but it’s a simulation that is actually fun to play.
  3. Maybe it lacks some innovation and graphics appeal, as if time had made expectations too great, but it is a very good first step for the series to continue.