8.2

1. Apr 6, 2012
    Its a fun diversion for ~2 hours before it got repetitive and boring. It is really sad because the tower defense in 3D sounds like it could be an endless stream of creative levels and weaponry and this just feels so limited and repetitive.
  2. Jan 5, 2013
    The narrative is funny, modern and liberal which is refreshing. Unfortunately the gameplay does not support the good writing. Much of the game is spent levelling in order to unlock additional traps to make more fool proof kill systems, but surprisingly re-playability is ZERO. I anticipated being able to go back and improve upon my old scores using higher tier/alternative traps, but this isThe narrative is funny, modern and liberal which is refreshing. Unfortunately the gameplay does not support the good writing. Much of the game is spent levelling in order to unlock additional traps to make more fool proof kill systems, but surprisingly re-playability is ZERO. I anticipated being able to go back and improve upon my old scores using higher tier/alternative traps, but this is impossible as the lower level dungeons do not support the higher tier traps.

The foundations of a really great game are here, but the levels weren't built with any kind of hindsight to completion. This could have been redeemed by a level editor feature, even if the levels were tile based like the original Timesplitter's. With community support the game could have lived up to its hype, but it did not.

The balance is also a little off, the magic items reward less for kills and are harder to tech and mana heavy making it more of a liability; and the unlocks you can purchase through steam are clear "pay to win" elements as they are more powerful/useful than the base items.

I really wanted to like this game, the narrative was great and the traps and levels started off fun, but i had hoped to keep playing this game after completion, only to find you can't mix and utilise the new traps in old dungeons in any meaningful way. You can place them because there's enough room, but not in any areas where they'll actually kill anything.
  3. Aug 5, 2014
    This game started out okay, quite fun, the mechanics felt good etc... But as you got to the later levels you realize that there is really only one defense setup that works. And that is disgusting. I get stuck on some levels for hours simply because there is no way to deal with the waves of different enemies. There is no defense that is "guaranteed" or more likely to deal with a certainThis game started out okay, quite fun, the mechanics felt good etc... But as you got to the later levels you realize that there is really only one defense setup that works. And that is disgusting. I get stuck on some levels for hours simply because there is no way to deal with the waves of different enemies. There is no defense that is "guaranteed" or more likely to deal with a certain type of enemy. I'm stuck on the last 3-4 levels, having tried dozens upon dozens of setups, and nothing is working. Basically most of this game is "put down some traps to see the orcs get hurt, laugh a little and then spray them with a crossbow and pray they don't get through". I really liked this game when I started it, but now it just plain disgusts me. I'm sorry to say I regret buying it. Expand

1. May 4, 2012
    Setting traps to kill thousands and thousands of Orcs has always been a dream for you. Then here is what you were looking for ! Renewing the Tower Defense gameplay, Orcs Must Die is full of good and fun ideas. Despite its lack of ambition regarding the absence of a multiplayer mode and a story not so interesting to follow, players will surely spend some good times thinking about the different and effcient ways they can use to kill Orcs with style!
    Action packed tower defense game surprises with humor and irony. Variability of traps and action combined with strategy guarantee long term fun. [Dec 2011]
  3. Dec 16, 2011
    A rare tower defense game is addictive enough to suck you into playing it for days on end. Orcs Must Die is one of them.