Order of War PC

7.3

1. AaronP
    Dec 29, 2009
    In a nutshell it is World in Conflict with different textures. The concept is the same, the unit recruitment is the same, I think they even did the artillery the exact same. Those vertical lines with the pathetic exposions... Good realistic artillery effects can be seen with Company of Heroes. That game was the first I was impressed with the level of detail in the explosion effects and In a nutshell it is World in Conflict with different textures. The concept is the same, the unit recruitment is the same, I think they even did the artillery the exact same. Those vertical lines with the pathetic exposions... Good realistic artillery effects can be seen with Company of Heroes. That game was the first I was impressed with the level of detail in the explosion effects and the authentic sound of artillery coming in. Coming from an infantryman himself, epic fail on Order of War's part on realistic sounds and effects. Outgoing artillery is one of the most pleasing sounds to a soldier who has seen battle. AI is not intelligent, will sit and let your artillery destroy masses of units. Its problem solving skills are atrocious. I had a bridge pinned with 1 unit of panthers, and 1 unit of tigers. Computer kept sending light tanks one at a time. At no time did the AI even attempt to use any air or artillery assets to dislodge my fortification. Same thing covering access routes with anti-tank guns. Just infantry and small vehicles... no artillery to dislodge my units. This isn't a strategy game, it is an action at best. However it drops the ball on realism, sound, and visual effects. Therefor I will reclassify it even further into an arcade game. The multiplayer is a bit better negating the incompetent AI. Expand
  2. KarlHunt
    Sep 26, 2009
    This game is mediocre at best. It is a basic clone of all other RTS titles witht he exception of being able to purchase artillary barages and air support.
    If not for that I would have easily mistaken it for Company of Heroes, which was a great game several years ago.

1. Maybe is not the deepest RTS in the market, but Order of War is definitely capable of performing great graphics and a nice gameplay.
    Although Order of War is not an innovative game, it is indeed a good option for fans of strategy, specially the ones who like World War Two.
  3. Great mechanics and a beautiful presentation make Order of War shine brightly among some incredible WWII strategy games. Anyone who enjoys the genre should give this one a shot.