Orion: Dino Horde PC

5.7

1. Jun 30, 2016
    Even if you get it free, do not take it. Counting sand in beach is much more fun than playing this, there is tons of bugs it and very likely they are there to stay. Best way to play it is to hope it crashes right away so you can do something else.
  2. Dec 23, 2014
    This "game" deserves negative points. I'm just going to keep this short and say that this game is not worth 50 cents. Period. Go buy yourself a piece of bubble gum; you'll get more enjoyment out of that than this piece of sh*t
  3. Dec 14, 2014
    Summary needs to be update with the latest patches "New Name" Orion: Prelude which was just another patch or update. Sad to see such an attempt to distance the game from it's original release. Each New Name is just a basic update.

Honestly this game would've done much better had it stayed Early Access until this 3rd Name Changing Patch was finished, probably wouldn't have such a low score.

The game it self seems to have improved, not much but it has, my low score is from the Developers Attitude towards the games community. Simply stamping a New Name on your game won't fix anything. Claiming the new patch has enough content to warrant a new name when it's not even close to a new game it self is rather sad.
  4. Nov 20, 2014
    Believe all the bad reviews that you read. It's all true. I regret the 3eu i paid for this crap. Its utterly unplayable because of bugs, it crashes for no reason, it's boring, there are hardly any servers,and they had the balls to charge 10eu for this? No. This is thievery. This is downright criminal. People should go to jail for getting this out as it is. And the worst part is, they keepBelieve all the bad reviews that you read. It's all true. I regret the 3eu i paid for this crap. Its utterly unplayable because of bugs, it crashes for no reason, it's boring, there are hardly any servers,and they had the balls to charge 10eu for this? No. This is thievery. This is downright criminal. People should go to jail for getting this out as it is. And the worst part is, they keep lying to people, by changing the title every six months or so. First it was dino beatdown, then dino horde, now its some other crap. Do yourself a favor and perform an experiment. Pay attention to the reviewers giving it high grades, check how many reviews they've done, it should give you a good idea of what i mean when i say "criminal". Expand
  5. Jun 30, 2014
    Me and my friends got this game so that we could have fun on co-op, since we heard from numerous other reviews that the co-op was good on this game. However I believe that we have been mislead by these said reviews because we did not find the co-op to be any fun at all. Mainly because the matchmaking system in this game is broken, and the constant connection problems prevented us fromMe and my friends got this game so that we could have fun on co-op, since we heard from numerous other reviews that the co-op was good on this game. However I believe that we have been mislead by these said reviews because we did not find the co-op to be any fun at all. Mainly because the matchmaking system in this game is broken, and the constant connection problems prevented us from playing online at all.

If the multilpayer wasn't broken and nearly unplayable. The gameplay in general of this game is repetitive and boring. The dinosaurs enemies don't seem all that exciting and fun to shoot when their animations were lazily created. The weapon mechanics and the special ability system aren't anything special either that would at least add some interest into this game.

In the end, I have to say that this game was a waste of money for me and my buddies and probably for you as well if you do decide to get it.
  6. Jun 27, 2014
    Got this when it first came out (during alpha phases). Back then my impressions were extremely poor. Now they have slightly improved enough to give it a 4 out of 10. The best way to describe it would be "Its similar to a turok game except remove most turoks gameplay and turn it into a horde mode." Now, I love the turok games on n64, this is nowhere near close to it but... some of theGot this when it first came out (during alpha phases). Back then my impressions were extremely poor. Now they have slightly improved enough to give it a 4 out of 10. The best way to describe it would be "Its similar to a turok game except remove most turoks gameplay and turn it into a horde mode." Now, I love the turok games on n64, this is nowhere near close to it but... some of the weaponry has a turokesque feel, despite it being poorly done. I think the real satisfaction I get, which is the only reason I am giving it a 4, would be decapitating dinosaurs with a bow and arrow. Other than that, it gets boring quickly, has lots of little things that piss me off a bit more than they should, graphics are not up to par for the engine it uses, and it really needed more weapon options/upgrades with persistent ranks and a lot more dinosaur types (only 8 types I encountered). Expand
  7. Jun 24, 2014
    This game is plenty fun. And it's totally worth the money I spent on it. Of course I bought it for .99 on steam during their free week.
    This game is clearly at the beta or even alpha level of other games. This might have passed for an acceptable game back in the early 2000's but it's just not up to quality for what you can buy else where. If you can find it under a dollar it's worth the time playing. Otherwise it's just not worth the money.
    If I could give it two rating I would. I'd give it 9/10 for its potential and its concept and structure, But 2 for how it is put together and what it's really worth.
    If I were to compare the game to any other in terms of fun, enjoyment and value. I'd say that it is on par with Minecraft alpha.
  8. Jun 20, 2014
    Terrible money grab. I've never seen a game more lied about, they really have a relentless PR department. It's a scam, even for a dollar this game is a waste of your time and money. This game is worse than a beta, but it's not even tagged as early access. Also, they change the name once their review score gets too low(they're about to do it again), so that's a good example of what kindTerrible money grab. I've never seen a game more lied about, they really have a relentless PR department. It's a scam, even for a dollar this game is a waste of your time and money. This game is worse than a beta, but it's not even tagged as early access. Also, they change the name once their review score gets too low(they're about to do it again), so that's a good example of what kind of people are behind this. Expand
  9. Jun 8, 2014
    just test this game for 3 days on steam, just a waste of time and place on hd.
    this "game" is an uggly buggy bad game, even for 1$ it's to expensive.
    Don't know how people can make to bad game in 2014.
  10. Jun 8, 2014
    I got the game for free so I did not lose any money for this garbage. The game looks like pre-alpha state and has so many bugs that it is almost unplayable. If you paid for it I truly feel for you, and if you are one of those who are thinking of buying this, please keep your money it is not worth it. The idea itself is good, but the way they made it happen isn't.
  11. Mar 23, 2014
    worst steam purchase ever. game feels like an alpha, and not even a good one. it's just extremely lacking. look up video reviews before buying it, even at $1 it's not worth it imho.
  12. Feb 25, 2014
    The game has incredibly poor animation quality to the point where you can't help but laugh at players whenever you see them sprint, jump or do anything really. The sound effects are equally as poor and even though the game 'echnically' supports a controller... well support isn't the word i would use so don't bother with one. The graphics are actually surprisingly pretty good in mostThe game has incredibly poor animation quality to the point where you can't help but laugh at players whenever you see them sprint, jump or do anything really. The sound effects are equally as poor and even though the game 'echnically' supports a controller... well support isn't the word i would use so don't bother with one. The graphics are actually surprisingly pretty good in most aspects, terrain for instance looks amazing but player models, dinosaurs and weapons leave much to be imagined. The store page mentions things like massively open areas and explorable maps but the maps are significantly smaller than most battlefield levels. Overall the game is buggy and doesn't offer anything to truly call it a sequel to its' predecessor, Broodwar added more content to StarCraft and that was only an expansion pack. This game is worth the 1$ it's being sold for at the time of writing this review but not the time it takes to install and play for more than an hour, don't bother with it. Expand
  13. Feb 25, 2014
    I bought this game during the dollar sale in spite of the low metacritic score thinking that no matter how bad it is at least it's only a dollar.

I absolutely regret my decision. And that's saying that this game honestly isn't even worth the one single dollar I gave its developers. There isn't a better example of "good graphics do not make a game" than this. If you're trying to

I absolutely regret my decision.

And that's saying that this game honestly isn't even worth the one single dollar I gave its developers. There isn't a better example of "good graphics do not make a game" than this. If you're trying to convince me that it's still in alpha/beta/whatever, this game has gone through MULTIPLE revisions, all the way from 2010. For the price of a "fun multiplayer co-op experience" you get randomly being kicked out of games and intense, horrific lag. This is NOT Halo x Turok x Call of Duty. It doesn't even come close to being 1/10th as good as any of them, let alone all of them at once.

Don't believe any of that "reviewers are now willing to give it a second-chance". Not one single profession review site has changed their minds, regardless of whether it's a beatdown or a horde and neither will they even when it becomes a prelude, I'll bet.

Orion: Dino Horde has guns. And it has dinosaurs. And it has vehicles. And it has jetpacks. But it does NONE of that well. Character animations are a joke and look like they were from the quake era. Just stand still for a moment and observe your other team members. Hell, just press F1 and observe yourself. The wimpiest pistol whip I ever did saw. Crappy run cycles and stiff upper body animation. Don't get me started on those taunt animations. On paper you'd think I'm nit-picking but just try it yourself and you'll start to feel sick all over. And then there are the dinosaurs. Wonky animation covered with hilarious levels of motion-blur. Speaking about the dinos, they don't bite either. They just come up to you and sort of nudge or nuzzle you to death.

I stood around for 3 minutes within starting my first ever match and decided to mute the constantly looping 20 second this-is-gonna-get-epic background music. And honestly I felt better after doing so. And the unreal tournament wannabe announcer doesn't help either.

Game mechanics taken from various other AAA titles and cobbled together into an amalgamation of stupid. I'll give you an example. Paying 2,500 of your hard earned credits so that the game will bind your jet-pack button to spacebar. Perks ripped from other titles without even taking game balance into consideration. No indication of whether or not your shots hit the enemy, which would have been very helpful given the amazing amount of lag present in multiplayer games.

All in all it's an entire mess of ugly blanketed ironically by surprisingly good graphics. And that's what would lead you into buying this crap in the first place. In this day and age you'd think that no game that looks this good could be that bad, and you'd be wrong. Dead wrong. When you do start this game up, you'll likely be awed by the pretty textures for about the first few minutes, and then slowly every single thing that's wrong with this game will come flying at you like bricks.

No one in their sane mind who has even played more than a single game out there would rate this a 10. I'd give it 5 at the very most, and that's if I'm feeling extremely damn generous. Don't be fooled by fake scores. Don't support trash developers who "strive to fulfill their dream" by releasing a crap game that's at least 3 more years away from being publicly ready. If your game is still in alpha/beta then you damn well label it as such. If there is to be even any hope of this game breaking a 3/10 they had better do some outsourcing. I'd start with the disgusting animations(or lack of, rather) first.

I wouldn't be surprised if news came out that spiralgamestudios were secretly the developers behind WarZ as well.
  14. Feb 24, 2014
    This game is trying to sell on the idea alone.
    I want you to say this "Space Marines fighting dinos". The statement is awesome, but the game is so full of problems it just does not work. but I would like to start off on this site by being systematic so let us begin.
    There will be six categories: looks, plot, coding, pricing, support, ect: looks: none to really speak of. It is so bland
    This game is trying to sell on the idea alone.
    There will be six categories: looks, plot, coding, pricing, support, ect:

looks: none to really speak of. It is so bland and normal it feels more like the original halo game than a game of 2014. I know they did not have the worlds largest budget, but in the same breadth you could at least try to make it seem pleasing to look at.

plot: none. Can not really kill it over this, but at the same time I would like at least a little story. like why are we hunting dino's or where are we. oh well

coding: oh god no. There were so few things in this that seemed thought out. The bugs alone are rampant but let us talk about the logic of solo player. 1. the class system no longer works. The idea of classes is so that you can do several tasks, but that is useless when you are alone. 2. they literally made some enemies so hard to hit that you can not even aim at them. 3. The starting weapon is next to useless. I can here someone now, "well isn't that the point" it would be except to get a new weapon in solo player you must leave your defensible point, take a thirty second run to your base spend 20 seconds buying a gun, run back in another thirty seconds to watch the raptors tear apart your generator before being swarmed. So no the upgrade system is problematic too.

Pricing: on Steam the games price runs normally for 15$. I did not buy the game (thank goodness) but still the price is absolutely unforgivable for what you are given. The game feels unfinished and to top it off along with buying the game you must buy customizable options. No this is not forgivable. You release and unfinished game and expect us to spend more on it.

support: online support to be exact. I would love to write here how well the online portions seem balanced and fair, except to get onto a multi-player game is a nightmare. I was randomly assigned joined a server with a AFK host. waited 5 minutes I left and found i could not join a different server. I then had to shut the game off and decided to reboot my PC. so 3 minutes later I went back on to try again and was placed in the same server with the same useless host. I typed a quick message to the waiter warning them and tried to join a different server but again it would not allow me into any. so I just left.

ect: I know there have been promises of DLC or patches or other such things, but so what. I want to buy a game that mostly works. not a game that i have to buy to work the bugs out. mostly this was advertized as a finished game. I get the idea of pre-order or early access, but that means i can give adequate feed back and the game is mostly done. Patches are supposed to work out balancing issues and minor glitches not rewire a game.

overall this game is a good concept and useable, I have no doubt if you got a few friend together and played it would be enjoyable. but so little about it works i can not get any enjoyment out of it. It has potential, but it just is so unfinished that I feel it should be scrapped and remade, but due to the sour taste in my mouth I will never try it.
  15. Feb 24, 2014
    Complete garbage of a game. Not only is the game horrible trash, the developers will ban anyone from the steam forums who expresses any sort of criticism against the game. Stay far away from this unplayable mess and don't support these greedy pigs.
  16. Feb 23, 2014
    The worst game ever. Don't update it. Don't make a squeal. Just don't do it any more. I got it for 99 cents and I want all my money back or I'm ending my life.
  17. Feb 20, 2014
    This is hands down the worst FPS I have ever played. It's a wonder that games like this are even allowed on Steam in the first place. The rebranding and pleading with potential customers on the forums is a sad attempt at reviving this unpolished turd.
  18. Feb 20, 2014
    I've seen the developer on the Steam forums telling people the meta score is wrong. The saddest thing I have ever seen on Steam.
    SOOOOOOOOOOO VERY BAD!
  19. Aug 22, 2013
    It takes a very special game to be so bad that it's probably not even worth playing for free, yet this is the situation we have with Orion: Dino Horde.

The game is currently free on Steam for a week with 75% off to purchase the full game, and for this the developer has got to be applauded. But the game itself is just terrible. I don't just mean terrible because it's cool to hate on

But the game itself is just terrible. I don't just mean terrible because it's cool to hate on it after the laughably bad initial release; I just mean it's terrible in its completed form. The gameplay is extremely basic, the graphics are poor even for Indie standards and the animations are absolutely atrocious.

However, with that all said, the game IS playable, in that you can shoot dinosaurs and they react to get shot so at least the bare basic mechanisms of an FPS are on display here. The freaky videos you see on YouTube with glitches including somersaulting dinosaurs and physics-free driving are all-but gone (many glitches occur, such as random crashes, logging out in waiting rooms for multiplayer, running through scenery or getting stuck on occasion, but few as dramatic as reported on release), but what's left is a very bland and very dumb gaming experience.

The game promises "incredible visuals and addictive combat". To be blunt, that statement couldn't be further from the truth. Some games are so bad that they're actually fun to play because of the novelty of it, but this game isn't in that bracket it's just lacklustre all round. Avoid.
  20. Aug 20, 2013
    don't play it
    never
    Bad gameplay, bad sound, bad guns, U CAN'T PLAY FOR DINO TEAM, bad graphics, animations and effects. 90-ties called, they want their graphics back.
    Menu music stolen from Pirates of the Caribbean.
    My chair burns.
  21. Jul 12, 2013
    Here is my updated review. This game only got worse with updates. Don't buy. I repeat Don't buy. The online part is non exsistant and the game now feels worse than what it felt at the beginning. I repeat don't buy.
  22. Jun 10, 2013
    Awful game. Imbalanced, poorly designed, buggy, boring, ugly, unrewarding, difficult and a waste of money. It's a shame really because this really is an awesome idea for a game. Who doesn't like the idea of shooting big ass dinosaurs with big ass guns while doing so with your friends? I love the idea personally and I'm so disappointed this just didn't work.
    Don't waste your time with
    Don't waste your time with this, it's a criminal waste of money.
  23. Jun 1, 2013
    A very good example of how NOT to make a game. you simply have no ideea how anything works in it. plus obvious things do not work, while tertiary aesthetic things, surprisingly, WORK. this game has everything backwards.
  24. May 11, 2013
    Say what you want about Duke Nukem Forever. Say what you want about Aliens Colonial Marines. But at least they were pretty much for the most part telling you what you were getting into. I have never seen a game company go so far out of their way to deceive its customers. (watch Total Biscuits WTF is... video for this game) I give the worst game at least a point as, you know, it at leastSay what you want about Duke Nukem Forever. Say what you want about Aliens Colonial Marines. But at least they were pretty much for the most part telling you what you were getting into. I have never seen a game company go so far out of their way to deceive its customers. (watch Total Biscuits WTF is... video for this game) I give the worst game at least a point as, you know, it at least functions as a game. But i will not give this blatant cash grab, deception of a game any points. save your money. Expand
  25. May 2, 2013
    I can describe this game in actually two words. This is an example of a "piss-poor" game. Now if you're just a sadist? Buy it. And since this review had to be 150 characters long? All this is, is filler crap. I can't say anything good about this trashy title. And judging by a 36 rating across the board for metacritic? What a crappy title.
  26. Apr 21, 2013
    Not only a poorly developed game, but it has even stolen mesh dinosaur models from the developers of Primal Carnage, and just edited and reskinned them. Shameful.
  27. Apr 21, 2013
    This game used to be called Orion Dino Beatdown, but the developer renamed it to Orion Dino Horde in an attempt to get a better Metacritic score.

Do not be fooled by the new name since the game is essentially the same except for a few dinosaur re-skins and the addition of a new micro-transaction store, pay to win. Renowned game reviewers such as Total Biscuit give you an honest and

Renowned game reviewers such as Total Biscuit give you an honest and in-depth point of view on how this game Orion Dino Horde is a horribly unfinished product.

28. Apr 17, 2013
    I'm sure I played this game and hated it.. that's right I did. Why the new name?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, this game is ORION: Dino Horde. Same game, new name. It's still bad and still has stolen art. http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/orion-dino-horde
  29. Oct 22, 2012
    this is the most disappointment you will ever get out of a ten dollar bill.
    this is the most disappointment you will ever get out of a ten dollar bill.
    there is a lot i could say but i can only tell you that five months post-release they finally turned this game into a beta and removed all of the original content and replaced it two extremely small maps and a whole lot of lip service and they made the game-play so much harder it's sure to make even the finest of gamers rage-quit. and two months after that, it's still in the same condition. after taking away all the game's content, spiral studios has produced nothing but images of stuff they say they will include but they have yet to actually produce anything new in the game. Dave Prassel, the ceo of spiral studios, is admittedly using this game only to fund his main project and any content that this game receives in the future will only be the leftovers from his main project. dino beatdown is nothing but a testing ground for orion prelude and Prassel does not give a **** about this game.
    DO NOT WASTE TEN DOLLARS ON THIS GAME and if someone gives it to you as a gift, you need to promptly de-friend that person. yes, it's that bad...
  30. Sep 3, 2012
    This "game" is a disaster. Obviously unfinished, I'd say it barely looks like they started on it. Enemies with no animation, menus that don't work at all, those are just some of the problems this game has. Not even good enough to be called a proof of concept, just lazy trash.

1. May 1, 2013
    It may be fun if we play with friends for a few hours… but it may be not. There are many games fighting in the FPS genre, and it's very hard to find something worth highlighting in this one.
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    While Orion: Dino Horde has potential, it will certainly fall short of even modest expectations. If it weren't for there already being quite the track record of bad Jurassic games, I'd suggest that fighting dinosaurs has never been so dull. A shame, since it's evident that the developers put a lot of time into it... it's just too bad they didn't focus on making it fun.
  3. Apr 28, 2013
    Perhaps I shouldn’t have been surprised that ORION: Dino Horde was such a disappointment. The gaming industry has been rife with rumors about scurrilous behaviour concerning a very similar title, Dino Beatdown. ORION: Dino Horde's rough edges suggest that it has been quickly brought to market and cynically shoveled out to gamers in the vain hope that its over the top premise will bring in a few bucks.