5.7

1. Aug 22, 2013
    O jogo divertido e dinâmico. Com as atualizações ele não apresenta mais problemas como outras pessoas relataram. Recomendo dar uma chance ao jogo e chamar os amigos, testar todos os modos. Mesmo lendo opiniões negativas do game, jogue e tire sua própria opinião, não se deixe influenciar.
  2. Mar 24, 2014
    It seems to me that people are being overly harsh to this game. I have over 200 games in my steam library, 100's of games on consoles, dozens of other games on my PC and have been gaming since the mid 1980's....This game is pretty fun. I experienced no real bugs either. Maybe Im lucky? It's not an overly deep game, but it seems to be fun at what is. Ignore the 0's and 1 scores. These typesIt seems to me that people are being overly harsh to this game. I have over 200 games in my steam library, 100's of games on consoles, dozens of other games on my PC and have been gaming since the mid 1980's....This game is pretty fun. I experienced no real bugs either. Maybe Im lucky? It's not an overly deep game, but it seems to be fun at what is. Ignore the 0's and 1 scores. These types of score abuse the system and are unrealistic. Very few games actually deserve a 0. That said, if it crashes badly on your system, then it does. And I can see it getting a bad score, but I have had ZERO crashes or bugs. I say give it a try when its on sale. See for yourself and ignore the silly extremists with their "0" ratings. Expand
  3. Aug 11, 2012
    have seen some reviews for this game, and everyone are calling this game: "the game with potential", and it's true, it has a lot of potential and the game is actually quite fun once you get the hang of it.
    The game has bugs in an amount of a Big Rigs: Over the Roads Racing! copy but **** is it fun with friends! If you have a few friends to play this with you DO IT! You will definitely NOT regret it.
    Playing it solo though is almost impossible because you will mostly die since you get killed in like 3-4 hits on Normal difficulty and like I said before it has bugs.
    Personally, I think that the game is worth $9.99 and nothing more than that so the price is quite fair.
  4. May 6, 2012
    The game is buggy, but even so I enjoy it as is. The bugs being patched and all of the promised free DLC will be amazing. I am more than patient as the game only costs about 8$ less than that if you buy the 4pack.

It has room for improvement but I enjoy it as I said. Even with bugs I have figured out ways to play to the best of my ability despite tons of t-rexs coming after me (I hope they allow us to turn on T-Rex swarm in the patches to let us continue this)
  5. May 7, 2012
    Fun game all together, interesting abilities, tactics, use of terrain in many ways, cheap co-op you know servers need money to maintain, beautiful landscapes, nicely organized to create unique moments, nothing feels like hunting a pterodactyl like iron man (no vehicles) and then snipe him a mile away midair while you are grabbed by another and wrestle with him for your own survival. ShouldFun game all together, interesting abilities, tactics, use of terrain in many ways, cheap co-op you know servers need money to maintain, beautiful landscapes, nicely organized to create unique moments, nothing feels like hunting a pterodactyl like iron man (no vehicles) and then snipe him a mile away midair while you are grabbed by another and wrestle with him for your own survival. Should i mention about how i assassinated 6 raptors like an invisible hit-man with silent pistols while other 30 were chasing me and they do not die easily. While you have dump fun you have to think at the same time unlike most shooters after all who does not copy, you have to be resourceful or you are dead. It copies random ideas but it combines them in a new way to create something i never seen and its amazing. Many ways to make co-op count, with 5 people the tactics level can sky rocket now i ca do other thing that shoot heads with different weapons.
    All this with only 4.70 euro, one my best investments. I know its bugged but its a lot fun imagine what will happen when its patched today and for only 7euro (single buy), not to mention the free dlc that is coming soon. Some people are unlucky and can play at all, for some time i couldn't ass well but its a good game and once patched (today) its a must buy.
  6. May 7, 2012
    Sure the game has problems, but this game is seriously unlike any other, nice graphics, a fun concept, and THE most commited lead dev ever. Hopefully the bugs get sorted soon, and then this game will be perfect.
  7. May 7, 2012
    Dino Beatdown is a game that has a lot of potential for itself if done right. The game is full of bugs and glitches for what was released but I was still able to play three consecutive games last night and really enjoyed myself. The Raptors and Rham AI were spot on though the T-rex(s) could use a few adjustments. The sound would go in and out at times and most of the time the sound did notDino Beatdown is a game that has a lot of potential for itself if done right. The game is full of bugs and glitches for what was released but I was still able to play three consecutive games last night and really enjoyed myself. The Raptors and Rham AI were spot on though the T-rex(s) could use a few adjustments. The sound would go in and out at times and most of the time the sound did not sync up with the weapons. The developers have promised to release some quick patches to smooth out their launch and also gave promise to 4 free title (dlc) updates in the future. So only time well tell what this indie developer can do for itself. Expand
  8. May 8, 2012
    Release day bugs? Absolutely. However, the communication and effort from the developers since the launch has been nothing short of amazing. The developers have taken responsibility for the current issues and have done nothing but offer fixes, literally hourly updates, and many incentives for current purchasers as an apology for the launch issues.

Unlike a number of individuals, I have

Unlike a number of individuals, I have been able to play online and solo and the online play has been an absolute blast. Sure, there's elements that deserve more polish, specifically AI, difficulty tuning, weapon scope remodels, and much more, but the patches are coming and I'm more than content to wait.
  9. Mar 12, 2014
    I've played a lot of PC games in all my years and this is definitely one of the most fun games I've experienced. This will not win an award for most-amazing graphics compared to the likes of BF4 and the new GTA game but they pretty damn nice as is. Doesn't have an amazing storyline/campaign either. So why the 10? It's just so much fun is why. That should tell you something that evenI've played a lot of PC games in all my years and this is definitely one of the most fun games I've experienced. This will not win an award for most-amazing graphics compared to the likes of BF4 and the new GTA game but they pretty damn nice as is. Doesn't have an amazing storyline/campaign either. So why the 10? It's just so much fun is why. That should tell you something that even without the best eye-candy nor riveting story, I still rate it 10/10 as something I will waste spare time on, and love doing it!

You choose a class, start earning XP and unlocking powers and weapons; maybe you will get a jetpack and fly around, maybe get sneaky with a cloaking field. Like to play support classes? Upgrade your medic gun to not only heal yourself/allies, but also fix damaged vehicles, and even hurt the enemies. Go tearing through a horde of assaulting dinos in a Mech or a Tank. Whoops! Suddenly a hurricane hits and it's the middle of the night. Cannot see !@#$. You are fending off smaller dinos packs that you can only see close up through all the torrential rain, and somewhere in the distance you see the light beams of your allies and one of their jeeps as they also try to defend the objective in the darkness. You hear a spine-tingling rumble/grunt nearby. The ground shakes. You look up and with that motion swing your flashlight up at the close-up face of a T-Rex a few feet away from you (way too close). The fun is about to start! Hehe I love this damn game :)
  10. Apr 23, 2013
    I love this game so much. It is my favorite dinosaur game. They have added much more stuff in there free title updates! This is the best dinosaur game ever!
  11. Feb 24, 2014
    Look at the dates of a lot of these reviews...the team is STILL patching this game, with another major game patch coming soon. Gotta give em credit for still plugging away at it.
  12. Aug 23, 2013
    This is the most fantastic game I've ever played. It took the base game of its predecessor, ORION: Dino Beatdown, and revamped it into something completely new and better. I think it deserves an award for Game of the Decade. Possibly Best Game Ever.
  13. Feb 27, 2014
    Let me make one point clear : ever since the 93% off sale,people have gotten to experience the game again and if you check all the new user reviews are quite good, I think they should calculate again it's meta score, right now it is a completely different game from what it was 2 years ago.
  14. Jun 21, 2013
    i say 7, and while they've worked hard to improvethe game over original dino beatdown, its still work in progress.

hopefully they will continue to work on it as they have done over the past year and it will be an even greater value a year from now than it already it. if you are thinking of buying it just wait for a sale to get it. finally im giving it a 10 not because its a 10,

if you are thinking of buying it just wait for a sale to get it.

finally im giving it a 10 not because its a 10, but to offset the trolls and griefers, many that do not even own or play the game, who give it a 0-1. and while its not a 10, its not a 0!
  15. Mar 16, 2013
    The next Update in this Game (Dino Horde) is actually pretty good it fixes many major Bugs so that its actually playable and its great Fun! (Dino Horde is not yet released but will be soon)
  16. Apr 11, 2013
    The game was pretty much "unfinished" and not fun to play but the concept was good imo(i would give 3 or 4 for the original game). now here is why i would give it a solid 9: There is upcoming patch very soon which will Fix most of the major and the minor bugs, they added more content and game modes, fixed multiplayer and made the game more balanced than it used to be. I tested the beta andThe game was pretty much "unfinished" and not fun to play but the concept was good imo(i would give 3 or 4 for the original game). now here is why i would give it a solid 9: There is upcoming patch very soon which will Fix most of the major and the minor bugs, they added more content and game modes, fixed multiplayer and made the game more balanced than it used to be. I tested the beta and got addicted, optimization needs little tweaking but the experience was good, I had fun playing it. "The game will be called "Orion: Dino horde" Expand
  17. Aug 24, 2013
    A surprisingly fun game. My friend begged me to play the demo, and I did. It was a ton of fun, so I bought the game. I feel bad for the developers: it's a solid horde-slaughterer with fun co-op. It's easy to pick up, play, and stop whenever you feel like it. A lack of dinosaur variety, annoying vehicle control, and a few other minor mistakes keep this game from a high score, however.
  18. Apr 16, 2013
    What is Orion Dino Horde? Orion Dino Horde is a shooter that pits a squad of carriers(Marines) against a horde of dinosaurs. As you play you can unlock 50+ weapons and equipment to help you odds of surviving. Along with that you can unlock augmentations or armor Upgrades. You can play 1st person or 3rd, your choice. Tired of fighting dinos? Well then try some of the various PvP games.What is Orion Dino Horde? Orion Dino Horde is a shooter that pits a squad of carriers(Marines) against a horde of dinosaurs. As you play you can unlock 50+ weapons and equipment to help you odds of surviving. Along with that you can unlock augmentations or armor Upgrades. You can play 1st person or 3rd, your choice. Tired of fighting dinos? Well then try some of the various PvP games. These games include NinjaCappers, a match where everyone has cloaking devices and are equip with deadly sniper rifles and knives. Don't like ninjas? Then try DudeHuge, a King of the Hill match where players have mini-guns, flamethrowers, and other deadly weapons to keep the action strong. Flying more your style? Then its time to play Rocketeer. Rocketeer is a match where everyone has a jet pack and deadly rocket launchers. There is 9 unique dinosaur AI, and it all takes place in a graphically stunning environment. Expand
  19. Apr 23, 2013
    With Dino horde update Orion has become a very enjoyable game. The game is still a bit glitchy but art is nice enough and it is extremely fun to play. Not a game worth 60 dollars, but at 15 definitely a steal.
  20. Jun 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. IF YOU BY ANY CHANCE GET TO READ THIS REVIEW MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOME TIME!

First of all, most of the people with some reason know this website is not a reliable source at all..
    Secondly, if you care to open a new tab and check the rest of the other people's user reviews, you will see a bunch of 0's saying "I can't play this" and blablabla. They probably have the same effort of a sloth. I ran the game. Found many bugs, but it ran.
    Thirdly, this game CHANGED. It didn't change like "wooow it's a brand new world now" but the name changed from "Beatdown" to "Dino Horde", but the page kept the same bad score from the older version.
    I bought the game without any discount and you should know that I don't regret doing so. In my personal opinion, it was a lucky shot! Keep on reading.

There are many things you must know before considering buying this game. Many of them may sound scary or repelling for players, but I will try to put the most balance possible. Here we go:

1- YES! THE GAME HAS A LOT OF BUGS! Buut it had more than now! Bugs are not immortal creatures that will ruin your game forever, so they should be a temporary blocking gameplay factor, not permanent. If you play the game normally you won't notice a lot of problems, except...
    2- ANIMATION ISSUES! YES! The game has some animations that look very bad, but at least they are not problems that directly interfere with gameplay. Just like bugs, animations can be solved over time.
    3- SOUNDS! Yea, the weapon sounds are odd but even the developers agree that they must improve the noises and the animations. They are normally trying to improve the game by listening to the players, so I guess that if you have no patience to wait for the game to grow mature, which may take months or even more, you shouldn't buy it. Back to the sound topic, I hated to hear a 6 bullet "magnum" pistol fire like a silenced pistol. T-Rex and Spinosaurus screaming is over the tone of the volume. No matter how low your sounds are, when those dudes scream, they do it really loud.
    4- Did I tell you that the current developing team has TWO people? Oh, and about the DLC, the staff is mentioning that these ones are FREE DLC. They do already have a store where you can buy armor colors and hats, and honestly, I intend to buy a few!

Overall pros:
    - DINOSAURS! Come on, who doesn't like to fight against those?! If you are here because of the word "Dino" then this is a reason to like it. The staff also asks the players opinion on dinosaurs to add.
    - 3 Main classes: A gunner dude, a support dude, an a stealth dude. Cool enough.
    - Modes to play: You can play the famous horde "Survival" mode, or some other PvP modes. There is even a mode where you can control a T-REX to defend your eggs from players trying to steal them.
    - VEHICLES! And the promise to bring more! If you don't experience lag, you won't have much problems controlling them. They add some nice experience to the game.
    - Ingame upgrade system: You can either buy special abilities to yourself in Survival mode or buy some from a lot of guns.

Overall cons:
    - I personally didn't lke the voices. They don't seem to be there, speaking. Neither the sound effects, but they want to change most of these, so..
    - Unfinished gameplay: There are still issues about controlling your character in general, but it is playable. Just make sure you understand how each class outstand.
    - Many flawed animations: Specially when it comes to holding guns while moving in 1st person running, or inside a car and view of teammates or 3rd person when having recoils while shooting. The hands go "into" the wrists. Again, these tend to disappear over time.
    - AI: Most of the dinos do basically the same, which is chase who shoots them the most. Still, even on Medium the game may be hard to beat if team is not very used to the tactics, which exist!

Overall, I think it came out too fresh from the oven. The game is definitely not polished. If this were a game sold in a DVD shelf at a retail store. I would give it a 3 and tell you not to buy it. BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE! This game is improving over time! This MUST be considered! The game IS fun, if you join nearly any game near your geographic zone you will meet a mostly friendly community and will pass some time killing dinos, dying, getting angry and laughing!

The main Reason I see it as an 8 is because of its potential. Right now, I guess it deserves 4 or 6.. 5.5? Among so many issues when you get to a game, you normally spend a few hours enjoying it if you ignore things that may "bother" the eyes.

Given that, right now I think it's not worth the price, but at a 25% discount or more you could give it a go. If you are too unsure, don't buy it. But if you do, you might turn yourself into one of the players that defend this game's potential, like me!
    By the way I have about 40 hours of play on Steam, I guess 20 from last week. Too bad Raptr is not keeping track of Dino Horde, but it did with Beatdown.
  21. May 19, 2013
    This game started as disaster with an good idea. I bought it shortly after release and never played it since it was buggy like hell. With the newest Update a lot has changed and it needs a review from all the bad voters.... it took a while but the devs made the afford to finish there product (not like many other bigger studios out there) Worth gaming. Worth buying.
  22. Jan 16, 2015
    even with these negative reviews we are getting on a $0.99 game, the developers are still working hard to improve their game to perfection, unlike our money milking games, ASSassins greed unity
  23. Jun 6, 2013
    Metacritic score of this game prove how this site is useless. Game was bought&re-branded by 2 person game dev studio with very limited funds. They want make this game good, but they can't do it fast as people want. One of developers is really active and helpful on steam discussions and want to hear whats wrong with his game. Every update makes it better and better and they promise toMetacritic score of this game prove how this site is useless. Game was bought&re-branded by 2 person game dev studio with very limited funds. They want make this game good, but they can't do it fast as people want. One of developers is really active and helpful on steam discussions and want to hear whats wrong with his game. Every update makes it better and better and they promise to improve animations and sound later on. This thing don't deserve for such a low score, c' mon people! Expand
  24. Feb 23, 2014
    I've played this with friends and I can say that you will either love this game or hate it. I for one enjoyed this game more than anything that I've played in a while. I've had so much fun playing it and I could play it for hours without end. I haven't encountered a few bugs, and none of them were game breaking. It's just stuff like dinosaurs having weird movement or you spinningI've played this with friends and I can say that you will either love this game or hate it. I for one enjoyed this game more than anything that I've played in a while. I've had so much fun playing it and I could play it for hours without end. I haven't encountered a few bugs, and none of them were game breaking. It's just stuff like dinosaurs having weird movement or you spinning uncontrollably after you die (which I find funny and I definitely do not think that it degrades the game quality in any way).
    The game devs have been putting a lot of effort into this and I think that the scores are misleading. If you can put aside the weird bugs and if you don't care that much about hardcore graphics than you should enjoy this game.
  25. Aug 23, 2013
    When this game first came out as Orion: Dino Beatdown I probably only played it for all of two hours. It was dull and shallow despite an amusing premise and really didn't grab my attention. It wasn't until recently that I bothered to try the revamped expansion/remake that is the current incarnation of the game and I have to say it has improved from what I would consider a 3.5 to an 8.When this game first came out as Orion: Dino Beatdown I probably only played it for all of two hours. It was dull and shallow despite an amusing premise and really didn't grab my attention. It wasn't until recently that I bothered to try the revamped expansion/remake that is the current incarnation of the game and I have to say it has improved from what I would consider a 3.5 to an 8.

If you like trying to survive nearly endless hordes of enemies with various abilities then this is exactly what the game is. One of the best features is the unlock system. Playing as a class grants you unique bonuses that help you get started more smoothly in the early rounds (Free starting weapons and items, stat bonuses). To really enjoy the game I personally feel it has to be played multiplayer, and I've found that public groups are surprisingly helpful most of the time. Another important thing to note is that starting out on Hard difficulty without any of the special unlocks is largely suicidal. If you can manage to find a public game and get some experience on any of the lower difficulties then tackling the hardest difficulties becomes a fantastic goal with a customized starting kit and good teammates.

Pros:
    -Drop-in co-operative multiplayer
    -Multiple classes
    -Customized loadouts (when unlocked)
    -Many upgrade paths once in game
    -Vehicles! Tanks, Mechs, and VTOLs if you're lucky enough to survive long enough to find them
    -Lots of achievements. You can actually unlock vanity items with enough of them!

Cons:
    -Occasional crashes (Alt-Tabbing and changing Options while in game 23/08/13)
    -Discouraging higher difficulties without teammates or unlocks
    -Lack of servers
    -Somewhat monotonous level design
  26. Feb 22, 2014
    It is good game. May be on initial stage of the existence of the game it was not so good, But now...
    Now i like this game.
    New maps, i can't see bugs and lags, Nice dinos)
  27. Aug 9, 2013
    I give full 10 scores because it´s so much fun!! The game comes with an good idea. After the new update there are some new interesting gameplay mods. This Game will be a new experience for you. BUY IT!!!
  28. Aug 21, 2013
    I have no idea how bad the previous version of this game was (Orion: Dino BEATDOWN), but the game as it currently stands, is rather fun and addicting (besides the occasionally crashes which are annoying.).

And because of all the false negativity around here, I am going to have to rate it 10, but otherwise I would of rated it 8 or 7.
  29. Aug 19, 2013
    Ok, So sure, this game isn't going to win awards for any new ideas, or for having broken ground with unique graphics, however i find the teamwork game play engaging, the enemies are interesting and quite well detailed for such a cheap game, and the points system required for weapons and upgrades gives you a greater sense of achievement. I experienced the buggy lag and broken game play theOk, So sure, this game isn't going to win awards for any new ideas, or for having broken ground with unique graphics, however i find the teamwork game play engaging, the enemies are interesting and quite well detailed for such a cheap game, and the points system required for weapons and upgrades gives you a greater sense of achievement. I experienced the buggy lag and broken game play the first time i played, then instantly realised i hadn't downloaded the recent patch which immediately fixed every issue i had, so far no bugs, runs fine, having a blast. Expand
  30. Aug 19, 2013
    This game started awfully but as of August 20th (2013) Steam is running it free for 5 days. I've been playing it and it is really fun. Find some friends and a good group for survival and it's a blast. I haven't run into any bugs since I've been playing. Give the game a chance I've been loving it and will most likely buy it.

1. May 1, 2013
    It may be fun if we play with friends for a few hours… but it may be not. There are many games fighting in the FPS genre, and it's very hard to find something worth highlighting in this one.
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    While Orion: Dino Horde has potential, it will certainly fall short of even modest expectations. If it weren't for there already being quite the track record of bad Jurassic games, I'd suggest that fighting dinosaurs has never been so dull. A shame, since it's evident that the developers put a lot of time into it... it's just too bad they didn't focus on making it fun.
  3. Apr 28, 2013
    Perhaps I shouldn’t have been surprised that ORION: Dino Horde was such a disappointment. The gaming industry has been rife with rumors about scurrilous behaviour concerning a very similar title, Dino Beatdown. ORION: Dino Horde's rough edges suggest that it has been quickly brought to market and cynically shoveled out to gamers in the vain hope that its over the top premise will bring in a few bucks.