Orion: Dino Horde PC

5.7

1. May 6, 2012
    The game is buggy, but even so I enjoy it as is. The bugs being patched and all of the promised free DLC will be amazing. I am more than patient as the game only costs about 8$ less than that if you buy the 4pack.

It has room for improvement but I enjoy it as I said. Even with bugs I have figured out ways to play to the best of my ability despite tons of t-rexs coming after me (I hope they allow us to turn on T-Rex swarm in the patches to let us continue this)
  2. Jun 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. IF YOU BY ANY CHANCE GET TO READ THIS REVIEW MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOME TIME!

First of all, most of the people with some reason know this website is not a reliable source at all..
    Secondly, if you care to open a new tab and check the rest of the other people's user reviews, you will see a bunch of 0's saying "I can't play this" and blablabla. They probably have the same effort of a sloth. I ran the game. Found many bugs, but it ran.
    Thirdly, this game CHANGED. It didn't change like "wooow it's a brand new world now" but the name changed from "Beatdown" to "Dino Horde", but the page kept the same bad score from the older version.
    I bought the game without any discount and you should know that I don't regret doing so. In my personal opinion, it was a lucky shot! Keep on reading.

There are many things you must know before considering buying this game. Many of them may sound scary or repelling for players, but I will try to put the most balance possible. Here we go:

1- YES! THE GAME HAS A LOT OF BUGS! Buut it had more than now! Bugs are not immortal creatures that will ruin your game forever, so they should be a temporary blocking gameplay factor, not permanent. If you play the game normally you won't notice a lot of problems, except...
    2- ANIMATION ISSUES! YES! The game has some animations that look very bad, but at least they are not problems that directly interfere with gameplay. Just like bugs, animations can be solved over time.
    3- SOUNDS! Yea, the weapon sounds are odd but even the developers agree that they must improve the noises and the animations. They are normally trying to improve the game by listening to the players, so I guess that if you have no patience to wait for the game to grow mature, which may take months or even more, you shouldn't buy it. Back to the sound topic, I hated to hear a 6 bullet "magnum" pistol fire like a silenced pistol. T-Rex and Spinosaurus screaming is over the tone of the volume. No matter how low your sounds are, when those dudes scream, they do it really loud.
    4- Did I tell you that the current developing team has TWO people? Oh, and about the DLC, the staff is mentioning that these ones are FREE DLC. They do already have a store where you can buy armor colors and hats, and honestly, I intend to buy a few!

Overall pros:
    - DINOSAURS! Come on, who doesn't like to fight against those?! If you are here because of the word "Dino" then this is a reason to like it. The staff also asks the players opinion on dinosaurs to add.
    - 3 Main classes: A gunner dude, a support dude, an a stealth dude. Cool enough.
    - Modes to play: You can play the famous horde "Survival" mode, or some other PvP modes. There is even a mode where you can control a T-REX to defend your eggs from players trying to steal them.
    - VEHICLES! And the promise to bring more! If you don't experience lag, you won't have much problems controlling them. They add some nice experience to the game.
    - Ingame upgrade system: You can either buy special abilities to yourself in Survival mode or buy some from a lot of guns.

Overall cons:
    - I personally didn't lke the voices. They don't seem to be there, speaking. Neither the sound effects, but they want to change most of these, so..
    - Unfinished gameplay: There are still issues about controlling your character in general, but it is playable. Just make sure you understand how each class outstand.
    - Many flawed animations: Specially when it comes to holding guns while moving in 1st person running, or inside a car and view of teammates or 3rd person when having recoils while shooting. The hands go "into" the wrists. Again, these tend to disappear over time.
    - AI: Most of the dinos do basically the same, which is chase who shoots them the most. Still, even on Medium the game may be hard to beat if team is not very used to the tactics, which exist!

Overall, I think it came out too fresh from the oven. The game is definitely not polished. If this were a game sold in a DVD shelf at a retail store. I would give it a 3 and tell you not to buy it. BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE! This game is improving over time! This MUST be considered! The game IS fun, if you join nearly any game near your geographic zone you will meet a mostly friendly community and will pass some time killing dinos, dying, getting angry and laughing!

The main Reason I see it as an 8 is because of its potential. Right now, I guess it deserves 4 or 6.. 5.5? Among so many issues when you get to a game, you normally spend a few hours enjoying it if you ignore things that may "bother" the eyes.

Given that, right now I think it's not worth the price, but at a 25% discount or more you could give it a go. If you are too unsure, don't buy it. But if you do, you might turn yourself into one of the players that defend this game's potential, like me!
    By the way I have about 40 hours of play on Steam, I guess 20 from last week. Too bad Raptr is not keeping track of Dino Horde, but it did with Beatdown.
  3. Aug 20, 2013
    This game is buggy that's true but its also a hell of a lot of fun. Is it dumb? Yes. Is it poorly optimized? yes. but the devs have patched a lot that made this game unplayable. Honestly I think the game is about a 7.5 out of ten but i went higher because of the amount of OLD reviews that dont accurately show the game as is. It's Also free to try this week on Steam, so why not give it a try?
  4. Jul 1, 2014
    Found this game super fun in a group. Had minor bugs but no real big issues. Always room for improvement but a lot of games are like that. It's been a blast so far. Definitely get it on discount for laughs. You get mechas, tanks and can play as the dinosaurs including a kamikaze style dinosaur. No complaints from my end.
  5. Aug 9, 2013
    I give full 10 scores because it´s so much fun!! The game comes with an good idea. After the new update there are some new interesting gameplay mods. This Game will be a new experience for you. BUY IT!!!
  6. maw
    Aug 20, 2013
    This is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be! Yes there are issues with the game, but one thing people are right about is its just like killing floor with Dinos. I don't think $15 is worth this game but if you get a steam sale for $3 then why not. Flying around on a jetpack shooting at a T-rex is pretty fun, not to mention blowing dinos heads off!! I do hope the developers do someThis is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be! Yes there are issues with the game, but one thing people are right about is its just like killing floor with Dinos. I don't think $15 is worth this game but if you get a steam sale for $3 then why not. Flying around on a jetpack shooting at a T-rex is pretty fun, not to mention blowing dinos heads off!! I do hope the developers do some more work on this game and fix the bugs and make some of the animations better, this game has huge potential! Expand
  7. Jun 6, 2013
    Metacritic score of this game prove how this site is useless. Game was bought&re-branded by 2 person game dev studio with very limited funds. They want make this game good, but they can't do it fast as people want. One of developers is really active and helpful on steam discussions and want to hear whats wrong with his game. Every update makes it better and better and they promise toMetacritic score of this game prove how this site is useless. Game was bought&re-branded by 2 person game dev studio with very limited funds. They want make this game good, but they can't do it fast as people want. One of developers is really active and helpful on steam discussions and want to hear whats wrong with his game. Every update makes it better and better and they promise to improve animations and sound later on. This thing don't deserve for such a low score, c' mon people! Expand
  8. May 19, 2013
    This game started as disaster with an good idea. I bought it shortly after release and never played it since it was buggy like hell. With the newest Update a lot has changed and it needs a review from all the bad voters.... it took a while but the devs made the afford to finish there product (not like many other bigger studios out there) Worth gaming. Worth buying.
  9. Feb 27, 2014
    The game is really good a great job was done by the developers:
    The lighting the gameplay the graphics all done amazingly Metacritic, do a real review. This is Dino Beatdown, NOT Dino Horde that is actually a good game. You have misled many people away from a great game and should be ashamed,
  10. Aug 24, 2013
    A surprisingly fun game. My friend begged me to play the demo, and I did. It was a ton of fun, so I bought the game. I feel bad for the developers: it's a solid horde-slaughterer with fun co-op. It's easy to pick up, play, and stop whenever you feel like it. A lack of dinosaur variety, annoying vehicle control, and a few other minor mistakes keep this game from a high score, however.
  11. Aug 19, 2013
    Ok, So sure, this game isn't going to win awards for any new ideas, or for having broken ground with unique graphics, however i find the teamwork game play engaging, the enemies are interesting and quite well detailed for such a cheap game, and the points system required for weapons and upgrades gives you a greater sense of achievement. I experienced the buggy lag and broken game play theOk, So sure, this game isn't going to win awards for any new ideas, or for having broken ground with unique graphics, however i find the teamwork game play engaging, the enemies are interesting and quite well detailed for such a cheap game, and the points system required for weapons and upgrades gives you a greater sense of achievement. I experienced the buggy lag and broken game play the first time i played, then instantly realised i hadn't downloaded the recent patch which immediately fixed every issue i had, so far no bugs, runs fine, having a blast. Expand
  12. Mar 24, 2014
    It seems to me that people are being overly harsh to this game. I have over 200 games in my steam library, 100's of games on consoles, dozens of other games on my PC and have been gaming since the mid 1980's....This game is pretty fun. I experienced no real bugs either. Maybe Im lucky? It's not an overly deep game, but it seems to be fun at what is. Ignore the 0's and 1 scores. These typesIt seems to me that people are being overly harsh to this game. I have over 200 games in my steam library, 100's of games on consoles, dozens of other games on my PC and have been gaming since the mid 1980's....This game is pretty fun. I experienced no real bugs either. Maybe Im lucky? It's not an overly deep game, but it seems to be fun at what is. Ignore the 0's and 1 scores. These types of score abuse the system and are unrealistic. Very few games actually deserve a 0. That said, if it crashes badly on your system, then it does. And I can see it getting a bad score, but I have had ZERO crashes or bugs. I say give it a try when its on sale. See for yourself and ignore the silly extremists with their "0" ratings. Expand
  13. Mar 1, 2014
    This is a pretty damn fun game. I see the poor reviews, and they seem to range from 7-10/10 to flat zero. I am not sure what that means. obviously, the game isnt unplayable, because they remorselessly bash the visuals or music, the developer or nothing, i guess they forgot to specify WHY the game got a zero. The visuals are fine, the gameplay is, surprisingly, good. i saw the 35 and wasThis is a pretty damn fun game. I see the poor reviews, and they seem to range from 7-10/10 to flat zero. I am not sure what that means. obviously, the game isnt unplayable, because they remorselessly bash the visuals or music, the developer or nothing, i guess they forgot to specify WHY the game got a zero. The visuals are fine, the gameplay is, surprisingly, good. i saw the 35 and was expecting much less than what i got. there isnt that much to it, but it has a few game modes and a leveling tree that gives quite a bit of replayability, all the while the developer seems to be continuously adding content and improving the stability of the game all the time. i personally have experienced no glitches or crashes of any kind, nor has any of the people i have played with. if you got it for 0.99 cents or free from a friend, you win! but honestly its worth normal price for some fun dino-killing action with friends. Expand
  14. Mar 1, 2014
    I'm not gonna give a full review because I rather play it but still have to spread the word this game rocks. Better than cod ghosts IMO.

Each round starts like counter strike to buy weapons. Solid Controls. Plays like halo ce pc. Vehicles like halo ce pc. Wave after wave of dinosaurs and gets increasingly harder. And in the first hour of game play I killed a trex with a warthog

And in the first hour of game play I killed a trex with a warthog mounted turret.grenadedd a pack of compys. Got picked up by a pteradactly while driving! Flew in my jetpack hovering while killing a stegosaurus.

Zombies are over rated and watered down. Long live the dinosaur!
  15. Jun 21, 2013
    i say 7, and while they've worked hard to improvethe game over original dino beatdown, its still work in progress.

hopefully they will continue to work on it as they have done over the past year and it will be an even greater value a year from now than it already it. if you are thinking of buying it just wait for a sale to get it. finally im giving it a 10 not because its a 10,

if you are thinking of buying it just wait for a sale to get it.

finally im giving it a 10 not because its a 10, but to offset the trolls and griefers, many that do not even own or play the game, who give it a 0-1. and while its not a 10, its not a 0!
  16. Aug 23, 2013
    When this game first came out as Orion: Dino Beatdown I probably only played it for all of two hours. It was dull and shallow despite an amusing premise and really didn't grab my attention. It wasn't until recently that I bothered to try the revamped expansion/remake that is the current incarnation of the game and I have to say it has improved from what I would consider a 3.5 to an 8.When this game first came out as Orion: Dino Beatdown I probably only played it for all of two hours. It was dull and shallow despite an amusing premise and really didn't grab my attention. It wasn't until recently that I bothered to try the revamped expansion/remake that is the current incarnation of the game and I have to say it has improved from what I would consider a 3.5 to an 8.

If you like trying to survive nearly endless hordes of enemies with various abilities then this is exactly what the game is. One of the best features is the unlock system. Playing as a class grants you unique bonuses that help you get started more smoothly in the early rounds (Free starting weapons and items, stat bonuses). To really enjoy the game I personally feel it has to be played multiplayer, and I've found that public groups are surprisingly helpful most of the time. Another important thing to note is that starting out on Hard difficulty without any of the special unlocks is largely suicidal. If you can manage to find a public game and get some experience on any of the lower difficulties then tackling the hardest difficulties becomes a fantastic goal with a customized starting kit and good teammates.

Pros:
    -Drop-in co-operative multiplayer
    -Multiple classes
    -Customized loadouts (when unlocked)
    -Many upgrade paths once in game
    -Vehicles! Tanks, Mechs, and VTOLs if you're lucky enough to survive long enough to find them
    -Lots of achievements. You can actually unlock vanity items with enough of them!

Cons:
    -Occasional crashes (Alt-Tabbing and changing Options while in game 23/08/13)
    -Discouraging higher difficulties without teammates or unlocks
    -Lack of servers
    -Somewhat monotonous level design
  17. Feb 23, 2014
    I've played this with friends and I can say that you will either love this game or hate it. I for one enjoyed this game more than anything that I've played in a while. I've had so much fun playing it and I could play it for hours without end. I haven't encountered a few bugs, and none of them were game breaking. It's just stuff like dinosaurs having weird movement or you spinningI've played this with friends and I can say that you will either love this game or hate it. I for one enjoyed this game more than anything that I've played in a while. I've had so much fun playing it and I could play it for hours without end. I haven't encountered a few bugs, and none of them were game breaking. It's just stuff like dinosaurs having weird movement or you spinning uncontrollably after you die (which I find funny and I definitely do not think that it degrades the game quality in any way).
    The game devs have been putting a lot of effort into this and I think that the scores are misleading. If you can put aside the weird bugs and if you don't care that much about hardcore graphics than you should enjoy this game.
  18. Aug 23, 2013
    I do not know why everybody is complaining. This multiplayer of this game is hours of fun! The game was crashing at first, but all I had to do was RESTART after installing; something I should have done in the first place. At full graphics settings, it looks pretty good. There are enough weapons and augments to keep it interesting for a long time. Server game system works well too.

For

For $4, a game where you have the same abilities as a HALO Spartan(property of 343) in the gameplay of Team Fortress 2 is a good deal

My only complaint is that the physics can be weird when a dinosaur hits you, and I wouldn't pay $11 for it, grabbing it during a steam sale is a good option.

i've got ivy i5 4GHz, 8GB RAM, 2x GTX 460
  19. Aug 24, 2013
    This game is an extremely fun game, but it has it's bugs. One good about this game, is that it's original. There aren't many good dinosaur games out there like this one. The graphics are alright and it has a similar look to Halo, but the smoke looks awful. The only bugs I've seen are occasionally getting stuck in a wall, but most of the time I can worm myself out. If you are on the edgeThis game is an extremely fun game, but it has it's bugs. One good about this game, is that it's original. There aren't many good dinosaur games out there like this one. The graphics are alright and it has a similar look to Halo, but the smoke looks awful. The only bugs I've seen are occasionally getting stuck in a wall, but most of the time I can worm myself out. If you are on the edge about this game, wait for it to go on sale on steam 75% off. For $3.74 that's a steal, considering you can sell cards and probably get that much in your wallet, also the game itself has 6 card drops. Solid 8 out of 10, I'm excited to see what this game has next. Expand
  20. Oct 25, 2013
    Its not Dino beatdown anymore, its Dino Horde! Very fun with friends in coop, good graphics, best music ever! Tons of weapons and upgrades, and billion of dinosaurs! You can use also vehicles, tanks, choppers, and mechs! And its not buggy anymore! And all updates and DLC's are free! Thanks for the game devs!
  21. Feb 21, 2014
    This game is not meant to be played solo, which I think is why so many people dislike it. Anyone who is a fan of FPS-style games and want to throw some serious lead down-field, this game is for you. There isn't any real storyline that I can tell, beyond the basics of being on a planet with dinosaurs and having advanced tech, which I think is another reason Metacrap is giving such a badThis game is not meant to be played solo, which I think is why so many people dislike it. Anyone who is a fan of FPS-style games and want to throw some serious lead down-field, this game is for you. There isn't any real storyline that I can tell, beyond the basics of being on a planet with dinosaurs and having advanced tech, which I think is another reason Metacrap is giving such a bad score. This game is amazing, and caters to a very specific group of players.

Anyone can play it, but unless you love survival and wholesale slaughter, this will not be enjoyable for you. The controls are familiar, the graphics are not the best available, but for a small Dev team on a limited budget, there is not a thing wrong with them. You have to know going in when you pay $15 bucks for a game, it isn't going to look or feel like Halo or COD.

This game throws in a new curve, adding vehicles to the mix, which sets it apart from other games of the "Kill'em all" genre. I've only played a little solo as of this posting, but in a day or two I'll be teaming up with 2-3 others, and I see hours of fun trying class combinations, testing all the weapons, and the fantastic augment system is better than a talent tree.

I've also seen a lot of reviews that are over a year old stating the poor quality of this game, however that is simply not true. Updates and bug-fixes have been an ongoing process, and as of this posting, the game plays flawlessly. All in all, I hope to see more from this developer in the future. My standard rule of gaming is "An hour of play for every dollar spent, minimum." This game qualifies easily, as long as you have a friend or two to bring along for the ride. Can it get repetitive at times? Certainly, its a wave-based survival game, there isn't much to it. But honestly, it's no different than the horde of FPS multi-player games flooding the market right now. COD and Halo got boring fast, because the game never really changes. Only the players do. The entire point of a game like this is to see how badass you can be, and to rub your friend's face in it. In a friendly competitive way, of course.
  22. Feb 25, 2014
    My friend bought this game for me on steam sale at a low price of 1GBP. I went into this without first reading the reviews or looking the game up in any way and I have to say that I enjoyed the game. With its controls and game style being 'inspired' by other shooters of this kind, everything is easy to understand and already familiar. I didn't really find any bugs or anything unfavorableMy friend bought this game for me on steam sale at a low price of 1GBP. I went into this without first reading the reviews or looking the game up in any way and I have to say that I enjoyed the game. With its controls and game style being 'inspired' by other shooters of this kind, everything is easy to understand and already familiar. I didn't really find any bugs or anything unfavorable about this game. Maybe time will tell, but after playing about five hours, I do intend to go back and have some more fun with this little indie game that is currently available at a really good price.

I would also add - This game, according to the website changelog, is being constantly updated with new features and small bug fixes. You don't see this very often in this industry and its something that I think is especially positive coming from such a small low budget indie studio.
  23. Feb 28, 2014
    Guess it used to be buggy, but I just got it and it plays perfectly. Great co-op at a price great price, so I can convince my friends to get it too. Great selection of weapons, vehicles, and player upgrades.
  24. Feb 28, 2014
    I see no reason why people are complaining so much about this game. I got it during the 93% off sale, this weekend, and I found ab-so-lute-ly nothing wrong with this game. I have found next to zero glitches, and the only glitch I HAVE found was being slammed into a rock by a T-Rex, and depositing me and my 2 buddies INSIDE the rock. This was easily fixed by using the Teleporter (Item thatI see no reason why people are complaining so much about this game. I got it during the 93% off sale, this weekend, and I found ab-so-lute-ly nothing wrong with this game. I have found next to zero glitches, and the only glitch I HAVE found was being slammed into a rock by a T-Rex, and depositing me and my 2 buddies INSIDE the rock. This was easily fixed by using the Teleporter (Item that can be selected by '5') and teleporting back to base, only delaying us for 2 minutes, max.

When I started the game, and started off in a Survival match, solo, I found literally nothing wrong. I grabbed a shotgun, and ran over to protect the generator. First wave? No flying dinosaurs, no bad physics. In fact, I could say that this is one of the better-detailed games. I have yet to find a game like this one with graphics and models as good as this one.

Now I do have to agree that there are a few flaws and quirks. For example, I have to agree that it does seem a bit Halo-ish in the vehicle department. The Gladiator Buggy, the VTOL and the tank all share some kind of aspect to the Halo vehicles. While I have to say they are similar, it may be nothing more than inspiration. While the Gladiator Buggy is very similar to the Warthog, it's different in several ways too. The Warthog was longer, and narrower, with an anti-air heavy MG in the back, while the Gladiator has a windowless driver/passenger area, with a more squarish shape, and an energy chaingun. If you were to put the vehicles in basic shapes, and make the Warthog more compressed, and the Gladiator narrower, then yes, they bare a large resemblance.

However, I have seen review after review hating on Orion: Dino Horde where the entire theme is: IT SUCKS. If this is true, then why is it that I got on, and found that the developers' descriptions were nothing but true. It had great gameplay, great graphics, great models, great game mechanics, etc.

So if it sucks for you, then I don't know what's wrong with your computer, because I don't have the best computer, and it's running fine for me.
  25. Aug 22, 2013
    O jogo divertido e dinâmico. Com as atualizações ele não apresenta mais problemas como outras pessoas relataram. Recomendo dar uma chance ao jogo e chamar os amigos, testar todos os modos. Mesmo lendo opiniões negativas do game, jogue e tire sua própria opinião, não se deixe influenciar.
  26. Feb 25, 2014
    This game is not a 10. It's a solid 8 and climbing. Somebody has to balance out the horrible reviews from the week it was released. I'm judging it based on the one factor that matters: is it fun? Yes, it absofrigginlutely is fun.
  27. Feb 24, 2014
    Purchased while on sale for $0.99, watching the game play videos I assumed this game would be a lag nightmare or somehow not live up to any decent expectations. It proved to be the best gaming purchase I have made in years. Even for 20x what I paid this game would be worth it, as the key to any good game it is very fun!
  28. Feb 26, 2014
    So...I just bought it for 0,99 Euros which is a fair price, and seems to be a pretty good game, definitively worth the price!!! (0,99 EUROS do not confuse, it was on a -91% sale )
  29. Aug 21, 2013
    I have no idea how bad the previous version of this game was (Orion: Dino BEATDOWN), but the game as it currently stands, is rather fun and addicting (besides the occasionally crashes which are annoying.).

And because of all the false negativity around here, I am going to have to rate it 10, but otherwise I would of rated it 8 or 7.
  30. Aug 26, 2013
    August 26, 2013 Orion: Dino Horde by Spiral Game Studios 10/10. May 4, 2013 Orion: Dino Horde 3/10. The game was an atrocious mess by inexperienced developers. However, their game premise and chemistry had promise. The developers stuck with their first game. 14 months after the game's initial release, I played Orion. I love the game. I will probably put more hours into this game than IAugust 26, 2013 Orion: Dino Horde by Spiral Game Studios 10/10. May 4, 2013 Orion: Dino Horde 3/10. The game was an atrocious mess by inexperienced developers. However, their game premise and chemistry had promise. The developers stuck with their first game. 14 months after the game's initial release, I played Orion. I love the game. I will probably put more hours into this game than I typically do with AAA games. It has the chemistry for replayability.

Summary: Orion: Dino Horde essentially resembles Killing Floor by Tripwire Interactive, but with dinosaurs (plus sci-fi spin). Its a fun play and will get better as time goes on. Spiral Games has a lot of potential as a developer and with their first released game.
  31. May 8, 2012
    Release day bugs? Absolutely. However, the communication and effort from the developers since the launch has been nothing short of amazing. The developers have taken responsibility for the current issues and have done nothing but offer fixes, literally hourly updates, and many incentives for current purchasers as an apology for the launch issues.

Unlike a number of individuals, I have

Unlike a number of individuals, I have been able to play online and solo and the online play has been an absolute blast. Sure, there's elements that deserve more polish, specifically AI, difficulty tuning, weapon scope remodels, and much more, but the patches are coming and I'm more than content to wait.

1. May 1, 2013
    It may be fun if we play with friends for a few hours… but it may be not. There are many games fighting in the FPS genre, and it's very hard to find something worth highlighting in this one.
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    While Orion: Dino Horde has potential, it will certainly fall short of even modest expectations. If it weren't for there already being quite the track record of bad Jurassic games, I'd suggest that fighting dinosaurs has never been so dull. A shame, since it's evident that the developers put a lot of time into it... it's just too bad they didn't focus on making it fun.
  3. Apr 28, 2013
    Perhaps I shouldn’t have been surprised that ORION: Dino Horde was such a disappointment. The gaming industry has been rife with rumors about scurrilous behaviour concerning a very similar title, Dino Beatdown. ORION: Dino Horde's rough edges suggest that it has been quickly brought to market and cynically shoveled out to gamers in the vain hope that its over the top premise will bring in a few bucks.