Orion: Dino Horde PC

5.8

1. Aug 11, 2012
    have seen some reviews for this game, and everyone are calling this game: "the game with potential", and it's true, it has a lot of potential and the game is actually quite fun once you get the hang of it.
    The game has bugs in an amount of a Big Rigs: Over the Roads Racing! copy but **** is it fun with friends! If you have a few friends to play this with you DO IT! You will definitely NOT regret it.
    Playing it solo though is almost impossible because you will mostly die since you get killed in like 3-4 hits on Normal difficulty and like I said before it has bugs.
    Personally, I think that the game is worth $9.99 and nothing more than that so the price is quite fair.
  2. Jun 6, 2013
    Metacritic score of this game prove how this site is useless. Game was bought&re-branded by 2 person game dev studio with very limited funds. They want make this game good, but they can't do it fast as people want. One of developers is really active and helpful on steam discussions and want to hear whats wrong with his game. Every update makes it better and better and they promise toMetacritic score of this game prove how this site is useless. Game was bought&re-branded by 2 person game dev studio with very limited funds. They want make this game good, but they can't do it fast as people want. One of developers is really active and helpful on steam discussions and want to hear whats wrong with his game. Every update makes it better and better and they promise to improve animations and sound later on. This thing don't deserve for such a low score, c' mon people! Expand
  3. Jun 21, 2013
    i say 7, and while they've worked hard to improvethe game over original dino beatdown, its still work in progress.

hopefully they will continue to work on it as they have done over the past year and it will be an even greater value a year from now than it already it. if you are thinking of buying it just wait for a sale to get it. finally im giving it a 10 not because its a 10,

if you are thinking of buying it just wait for a sale to get it.

finally im giving it a 10 not because its a 10, but to offset the trolls and griefers, many that do not even own or play the game, who give it a 0-1. and while its not a 10, its not a 0!
  4. Mar 24, 2014
    It seems to me that people are being overly harsh to this game. I have over 200 games in my steam library, 100's of games on consoles, dozens of other games on my PC and have been gaming since the mid 1980's....This game is pretty fun. I experienced no real bugs either. Maybe Im lucky? It's not an overly deep game, but it seems to be fun at what is. Ignore the 0's and 1 scores. These typesIt seems to me that people are being overly harsh to this game. I have over 200 games in my steam library, 100's of games on consoles, dozens of other games on my PC and have been gaming since the mid 1980's....This game is pretty fun. I experienced no real bugs either. Maybe Im lucky? It's not an overly deep game, but it seems to be fun at what is. Ignore the 0's and 1 scores. These types of score abuse the system and are unrealistic. Very few games actually deserve a 0. That said, if it crashes badly on your system, then it does. And I can see it getting a bad score, but I have had ZERO crashes or bugs. I say give it a try when its on sale. See for yourself and ignore the silly extremists with their "0" ratings. Expand
  5. Aug 24, 2013
    A surprisingly fun game. My friend begged me to play the demo, and I did. It was a ton of fun, so I bought the game. I feel bad for the developers: it's a solid horde-slaughterer with fun co-op. It's easy to pick up, play, and stop whenever you feel like it. A lack of dinosaur variety, annoying vehicle control, and a few other minor mistakes keep this game from a high score, however.
  6. Jan 16, 2015
    even with these negative reviews we are getting on a $0.99 game, the developers are still working hard to improve their game to perfection, unlike our money milking games, ASSassins greed unity
  7. Jun 7, 2014
    I just played the game during the free weekend and ended up buying it for 99 cents. It was definitely worth picking up especially for the low price. The gameplay was good, the graphics werent bad and I had fun.
  8. Oct 25, 2013
    Its not Dino beatdown anymore, its Dino Horde! Very fun with friends in coop, good graphics, best music ever! Tons of weapons and upgrades, and billion of dinosaurs! You can use also vehicles, tanks, choppers, and mechs! And its not buggy anymore! And all updates and DLC's are free! Thanks for the game devs!
  9. Aug 22, 2013
    O jogo divertido e dinâmico. Com as atualizações ele não apresenta mais problemas como outras pessoas relataram. Recomendo dar uma chance ao jogo e chamar os amigos, testar todos os modos. Mesmo lendo opiniões negativas do game, jogue e tire sua própria opinião, não se deixe influenciar.
  10. Apr 11, 2013
    The game was pretty much "unfinished" and not fun to play but the concept was good imo(i would give 3 or 4 for the original game). now here is why i would give it a solid 9: There is upcoming patch very soon which will Fix most of the major and the minor bugs, they added more content and game modes, fixed multiplayer and made the game more balanced than it used to be. I tested the beta andThe game was pretty much "unfinished" and not fun to play but the concept was good imo(i would give 3 or 4 for the original game). now here is why i would give it a solid 9: There is upcoming patch very soon which will Fix most of the major and the minor bugs, they added more content and game modes, fixed multiplayer and made the game more balanced than it used to be. I tested the beta and got addicted, optimization needs little tweaking but the experience was good, I had fun playing it. "The game will be called "Orion: Dino horde" Expand
  11. Jun 23, 2014
    This is a fantastic pick-up and play game. The developers have been fixing the bugs, and it becomes more and more enjoyable with each patch. An incredibly fun game, with obscenely misguided reviews
  12. Jun 17, 2014
    I think the entire community is misleading about this game. It's obviously buggy, the game was released not to long ago. Sure that one little rock isn't a good texture, but if you look at the gameplay it's pretty fun. I think you guys are a little sensitive when it comes to games..
  13. Apr 23, 2013
    I love this game so much. It is my favorite dinosaur game. They have added much more stuff in there free title updates! This is the best dinosaur game ever!
  14. Feb 24, 2014
    Look at the dates of a lot of these reviews...the team is STILL patching this game, with another major game patch coming soon. Gotta give em credit for still plugging away at it.
  15. Jun 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. IF YOU BY ANY CHANCE GET TO READ THIS REVIEW MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOME TIME!

First of all, most of the people with some reason know this website is not a reliable source at all..
    Secondly, if you care to open a new tab and check the rest of the other people's user reviews, you will see a bunch of 0's saying "I can't play this" and blablabla. They probably have the same effort of a sloth. I ran the game. Found many bugs, but it ran.
    Thirdly, this game CHANGED. It didn't change like "wooow it's a brand new world now" but the name changed from "Beatdown" to "Dino Horde", but the page kept the same bad score from the older version.
    I bought the game without any discount and you should know that I don't regret doing so. In my personal opinion, it was a lucky shot! Keep on reading.

There are many things you must know before considering buying this game. Many of them may sound scary or repelling for players, but I will try to put the most balance possible. Here we go:

1- YES! THE GAME HAS A LOT OF BUGS! Buut it had more than now! Bugs are not immortal creatures that will ruin your game forever, so they should be a temporary blocking gameplay factor, not permanent. If you play the game normally you won't notice a lot of problems, except...
    2- ANIMATION ISSUES! YES! The game has some animations that look very bad, but at least they are not problems that directly interfere with gameplay. Just like bugs, animations can be solved over time.
    3- SOUNDS! Yea, the weapon sounds are odd but even the developers agree that they must improve the noises and the animations. They are normally trying to improve the game by listening to the players, so I guess that if you have no patience to wait for the game to grow mature, which may take months or even more, you shouldn't buy it. Back to the sound topic, I hated to hear a 6 bullet "magnum" pistol fire like a silenced pistol. T-Rex and Spinosaurus screaming is over the tone of the volume. No matter how low your sounds are, when those dudes scream, they do it really loud.
    4- Did I tell you that the current developing team has TWO people? Oh, and about the DLC, the staff is mentioning that these ones are FREE DLC. They do already have a store where you can buy armor colors and hats, and honestly, I intend to buy a few!

Overall pros:
    - DINOSAURS! Come on, who doesn't like to fight against those?! If you are here because of the word "Dino" then this is a reason to like it. The staff also asks the players opinion on dinosaurs to add.
    - 3 Main classes: A gunner dude, a support dude, an a stealth dude. Cool enough.
    - Modes to play: You can play the famous horde "Survival" mode, or some other PvP modes. There is even a mode where you can control a T-REX to defend your eggs from players trying to steal them.
    - VEHICLES! And the promise to bring more! If you don't experience lag, you won't have much problems controlling them. They add some nice experience to the game.
    - Ingame upgrade system: You can either buy special abilities to yourself in Survival mode or buy some from a lot of guns.

Overall cons:
    - I personally didn't lke the voices. They don't seem to be there, speaking. Neither the sound effects, but they want to change most of these, so..
    - Unfinished gameplay: There are still issues about controlling your character in general, but it is playable. Just make sure you understand how each class outstand.
    - Many flawed animations: Specially when it comes to holding guns while moving in 1st person running, or inside a car and view of teammates or 3rd person when having recoils while shooting. The hands go "into" the wrists. Again, these tend to disappear over time.
    - AI: Most of the dinos do basically the same, which is chase who shoots them the most. Still, even on Medium the game may be hard to beat if team is not very used to the tactics, which exist!

Overall, I think it came out too fresh from the oven. The game is definitely not polished. If this were a game sold in a DVD shelf at a retail store. I would give it a 3 and tell you not to buy it. BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE! This game is improving over time! This MUST be considered! The game IS fun, if you join nearly any game near your geographic zone you will meet a mostly friendly community and will pass some time killing dinos, dying, getting angry and laughing!

The main Reason I see it as an 8 is because of its potential. Right now, I guess it deserves 4 or 6.. 5.5? Among so many issues when you get to a game, you normally spend a few hours enjoying it if you ignore things that may "bother" the eyes.

Given that, right now I think it's not worth the price, but at a 25% discount or more you could give it a go. If you are too unsure, don't buy it. But if you do, you might turn yourself into one of the players that defend this game's potential, like me!
    By the way I have about 40 hours of play on Steam, I guess 20 from last week. Too bad Raptr is not keeping track of Dino Horde, but it did with Beatdown.
  16. Aug 23, 2013
    When this game first came out as Orion: Dino Beatdown I probably only played it for all of two hours. It was dull and shallow despite an amusing premise and really didn't grab my attention. It wasn't until recently that I bothered to try the revamped expansion/remake that is the current incarnation of the game and I have to say it has improved from what I would consider a 3.5 to an 8.When this game first came out as Orion: Dino Beatdown I probably only played it for all of two hours. It was dull and shallow despite an amusing premise and really didn't grab my attention. It wasn't until recently that I bothered to try the revamped expansion/remake that is the current incarnation of the game and I have to say it has improved from what I would consider a 3.5 to an 8.

If you like trying to survive nearly endless hordes of enemies with various abilities then this is exactly what the game is. One of the best features is the unlock system. Playing as a class grants you unique bonuses that help you get started more smoothly in the early rounds (Free starting weapons and items, stat bonuses). To really enjoy the game I personally feel it has to be played multiplayer, and I've found that public groups are surprisingly helpful most of the time. Another important thing to note is that starting out on Hard difficulty without any of the special unlocks is largely suicidal. If you can manage to find a public game and get some experience on any of the lower difficulties then tackling the hardest difficulties becomes a fantastic goal with a customized starting kit and good teammates.

Pros:
    -Drop-in co-operative multiplayer
    -Multiple classes
    -Customized loadouts (when unlocked)
    -Many upgrade paths once in game
    -Vehicles! Tanks, Mechs, and VTOLs if you're lucky enough to survive long enough to find them
    -Lots of achievements. You can actually unlock vanity items with enough of them!

Cons:
    -Occasional crashes (Alt-Tabbing and changing Options while in game 23/08/13)
    -Discouraging higher difficulties without teammates or unlocks
    -Lack of servers
    -Somewhat monotonous level design
  17. Mar 1, 2014
    This is a pretty damn fun game. I see the poor reviews, and they seem to range from 7-10/10 to flat zero. I am not sure what that means. obviously, the game isnt unplayable, because they remorselessly bash the visuals or music, the developer or nothing, i guess they forgot to specify WHY the game got a zero. The visuals are fine, the gameplay is, surprisingly, good. i saw the 35 and wasThis is a pretty damn fun game. I see the poor reviews, and they seem to range from 7-10/10 to flat zero. I am not sure what that means. obviously, the game isnt unplayable, because they remorselessly bash the visuals or music, the developer or nothing, i guess they forgot to specify WHY the game got a zero. The visuals are fine, the gameplay is, surprisingly, good. i saw the 35 and was expecting much less than what i got. there isnt that much to it, but it has a few game modes and a leveling tree that gives quite a bit of replayability, all the while the developer seems to be continuously adding content and improving the stability of the game all the time. i personally have experienced no glitches or crashes of any kind, nor has any of the people i have played with. if you got it for 0.99 cents or free from a friend, you win! but honestly its worth normal price for some fun dino-killing action with friends. Expand
  18. Jun 25, 2014
    At first, i was very excited with this game, i love survival, and with dinosaurs?? WHOA! But the game lacks some things. The game it self is a little buggy, its based on Unreal Engine 2, the graphics are good sometimes and bad others.... BUT, still, i found this game very fun and im playing it more than other "great" high rated games.... Very fun coop.... If you find laggy, open your ownAt first, i was very excited with this game, i love survival, and with dinosaurs?? WHOA! But the game lacks some things. The game it self is a little buggy, its based on Unreal Engine 2, the graphics are good sometimes and bad others.... BUT, still, i found this game very fun and im playing it more than other "great" high rated games.... Very fun coop.... If you find laggy, open your own server, i did it here and a lot of players entered with good connection... Expand
  19. Apr 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Game is the bested dinosaur Game ever created the Gameplay is great Class are great Weapons are just good Graphics are bad so it needs improvements but i highly Recommend it to all jurassic park Fans! Expand
  20. May 3, 2015
    This game started off really badly in 2012, being one of the worst games to come out that year (the devs even said it themselves), but after 60+ updates and fixes, it has been transformed into a fun game. Plus, it's 99 cents on Steam. Nuff said.
  21. Feb 27, 2014
    Let me make one point clear : ever since the 93% off sale,people have gotten to experience the game again and if you check all the new user reviews are quite good, I think they should calculate again it's meta score, right now it is a completely different game from what it was 2 years ago.
  22. Feb 23, 2014
    I've played this with friends and I can say that you will either love this game or hate it. I for one enjoyed this game more than anything that I've played in a while. I've had so much fun playing it and I could play it for hours without end. I haven't encountered a few bugs, and none of them were game breaking. It's just stuff like dinosaurs having weird movement or you spinningI've played this with friends and I can say that you will either love this game or hate it. I for one enjoyed this game more than anything that I've played in a while. I've had so much fun playing it and I could play it for hours without end. I haven't encountered a few bugs, and none of them were game breaking. It's just stuff like dinosaurs having weird movement or you spinning uncontrollably after you die (which I find funny and I definitely do not think that it degrades the game quality in any way).
    The game devs have been putting a lot of effort into this and I think that the scores are misleading. If you can put aside the weird bugs and if you don't care that much about hardcore graphics than you should enjoy this game.
  23. Aug 9, 2013
    I give full 10 scores because it´s so much fun!! The game comes with an good idea. After the new update there are some new interesting gameplay mods. This Game will be a new experience for you. BUY IT!!!
  24. Aug 20, 2013
    This game is buggy that's true but its also a hell of a lot of fun. Is it dumb? Yes. Is it poorly optimized? yes. but the devs have patched a lot that made this game unplayable. Honestly I think the game is about a 7.5 out of ten but i went higher because of the amount of OLD reviews that dont accurately show the game as is. It's Also free to try this week on Steam, so why not give it a try?
  25. Aug 24, 2013
    This game is an extremely fun game, but it has it's bugs. One good about this game, is that it's original. There aren't many good dinosaur games out there like this one. The graphics are alright and it has a similar look to Halo, but the smoke looks awful. The only bugs I've seen are occasionally getting stuck in a wall, but most of the time I can worm myself out. If you are on the edgeThis game is an extremely fun game, but it has it's bugs. One good about this game, is that it's original. There aren't many good dinosaur games out there like this one. The graphics are alright and it has a similar look to Halo, but the smoke looks awful. The only bugs I've seen are occasionally getting stuck in a wall, but most of the time I can worm myself out. If you are on the edge about this game, wait for it to go on sale on steam 75% off. For $3.74 that's a steal, considering you can sell cards and probably get that much in your wallet, also the game itself has 6 card drops. Solid 8 out of 10, I'm excited to see what this game has next. Expand
  26. Jul 1, 2014
    Found this game super fun in a group. Had minor bugs but no real big issues. Always room for improvement but a lot of games are like that. It's been a blast so far. Definitely get it on discount for laughs. You get mechas, tanks and can play as the dinosaurs including a kamikaze style dinosaur. No complaints from my end.
  27. Mar 3, 2014
    been playing the game and I am having a lot fun with it, I hope the DEVS make new updates as they said so we can keeping playing it, for the price I paid for it I can say was worth, better than buy some Day Z that we can note set a private server with password for PVE only...
  28. Feb 21, 2014
    This game is so awesome i love to plat it with my friends, it gets better by the update and love to play it !
    sometimes it is laggy but that's not really a problem that can be easly solved :)
  29. Jun 28, 2014
    The game is not half bad. There are some bugs but for the most part I felt it was a quite enjoyable experience, but this is only my opinion and if someone else feels differently that's fine
  30. May 6, 2012
    The game is buggy, but even so I enjoy it as is. The bugs being patched and all of the promised free DLC will be amazing. I am more than patient as the game only costs about 8$ less than that if you buy the 4pack.

It has room for improvement but I enjoy it as I said. Even with bugs I have figured out ways to play to the best of my ability despite tons of t-rexs coming after me (I hope they allow us to turn on T-Rex swarm in the patches to let us continue this)

1. May 1, 2013
    It may be fun if we play with friends for a few hours… but it may be not. There are many games fighting in the FPS genre, and it's very hard to find something worth highlighting in this one.
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    While Orion: Dino Horde has potential, it will certainly fall short of even modest expectations. If it weren't for there already being quite the track record of bad Jurassic games, I'd suggest that fighting dinosaurs has never been so dull. A shame, since it's evident that the developers put a lot of time into it... it's just too bad they didn't focus on making it fun.
  3. Apr 28, 2013
    Perhaps I shouldn’t have been surprised that ORION: Dino Horde was such a disappointment. The gaming industry has been rife with rumors about scurrilous behaviour concerning a very similar title, Dino Beatdown. ORION: Dino Horde's rough edges suggest that it has been quickly brought to market and cynically shoveled out to gamers in the vain hope that its over the top premise will bring in a few bucks.