Orion: Dino Horde PC

5.8

1. Aug 22, 2013
    O jogo divertido e dinâmico. Com as atualizações ele não apresenta mais problemas como outras pessoas relataram. Recomendo dar uma chance ao jogo e chamar os amigos, testar todos os modos. Mesmo lendo opiniões negativas do game, jogue e tire sua própria opinião, não se deixe influenciar.
  2. Aug 11, 2012
    have seen some reviews for this game, and everyone are calling this game: "the game with potential", and it's true, it has a lot of potential and the game is actually quite fun once you get the hang of it.
    The game has bugs in an amount of a Big Rigs: Over the Roads Racing! copy but **** is it fun with friends! If you have a few friends to play this with you DO IT! You will definitely NOT regret it.
    Playing it solo though is almost impossible because you will mostly die since you get killed in like 3-4 hits on Normal difficulty and like I said before it has bugs.
    Personally, I think that the game is worth $9.99 and nothing more than that so the price is quite fair.
  3. May 6, 2012
    The game is buggy, but even so I enjoy it as is. The bugs being patched and all of the promised free DLC will be amazing. I am more than patient as the game only costs about 8$ less than that if you buy the 4pack.

It has room for improvement but I enjoy it as I said. Even with bugs I have figured out ways to play to the best of my ability despite tons of t-rexs coming after me (I hope they allow us to turn on T-Rex swarm in the patches to let us continue this)
  4. May 7, 2012
    Fun game all together, interesting abilities, tactics, use of terrain in many ways, cheap co-op you know servers need money to maintain, beautiful landscapes, nicely organized to create unique moments, nothing feels like hunting a pterodactyl like iron man (no vehicles) and then snipe him a mile away midair while you are grabbed by another and wrestle with him for your own survival. ShouldFun game all together, interesting abilities, tactics, use of terrain in many ways, cheap co-op you know servers need money to maintain, beautiful landscapes, nicely organized to create unique moments, nothing feels like hunting a pterodactyl like iron man (no vehicles) and then snipe him a mile away midair while you are grabbed by another and wrestle with him for your own survival. Should i mention about how i assassinated 6 raptors like an invisible hit-man with silent pistols while other 30 were chasing me and they do not die easily. While you have dump fun you have to think at the same time unlike most shooters after all who does not copy, you have to be resourceful or you are dead. It copies random ideas but it combines them in a new way to create something i never seen and its amazing. Many ways to make co-op count, with 5 people the tactics level can sky rocket now i ca do other thing that shoot heads with different weapons.
    All this with only 4.70 euro, one my best investments. I know its bugged but its a lot fun imagine what will happen when its patched today and for only 7euro (single buy), not to mention the free dlc that is coming soon. Some people are unlucky and can play at all, for some time i couldn't ass well but its a good game and once patched (today) its a must buy.
  5. May 7, 2012
    Dino Beatdown is a game that has a lot of potential for itself if done right. The game is full of bugs and glitches for what was released but I was still able to play three consecutive games last night and really enjoyed myself. The Raptors and Rham AI were spot on though the T-rex(s) could use a few adjustments. The sound would go in and out at times and most of the time the sound did notDino Beatdown is a game that has a lot of potential for itself if done right. The game is full of bugs and glitches for what was released but I was still able to play three consecutive games last night and really enjoyed myself. The Raptors and Rham AI were spot on though the T-rex(s) could use a few adjustments. The sound would go in and out at times and most of the time the sound did not sync up with the weapons. The developers have promised to release some quick patches to smooth out their launch and also gave promise to 4 free title (dlc) updates in the future. So only time well tell what this indie developer can do for itself. Expand
  6. Mar 12, 2014
    I've played a lot of PC games in all my years and this is definitely one of the most fun games I've experienced. This will not win an award for most-amazing graphics compared to the likes of BF4 and the new GTA game but they pretty damn nice as is. Doesn't have an amazing storyline/campaign either. So why the 10? It's just so much fun is why. That should tell you something that evenI've played a lot of PC games in all my years and this is definitely one of the most fun games I've experienced. This will not win an award for most-amazing graphics compared to the likes of BF4 and the new GTA game but they pretty damn nice as is. Doesn't have an amazing storyline/campaign either. So why the 10? It's just so much fun is why. That should tell you something that even without the best eye-candy nor riveting story, I still rate it 10/10 as something I will waste spare time on, and love doing it!

You choose a class, start earning XP and unlocking powers and weapons; maybe you will get a jetpack and fly around, maybe get sneaky with a cloaking field. Like to play support classes? Upgrade your medic gun to not only heal yourself/allies, but also fix damaged vehicles, and even hurt the enemies. Go tearing through a horde of assaulting dinos in a Mech or a Tank. Whoops! Suddenly a hurricane hits and it's the middle of the night. Cannot see !@#$. You are fending off smaller dinos packs that you can only see close up through all the torrential rain, and somewhere in the distance you see the light beams of your allies and one of their jeeps as they also try to defend the objective in the darkness. You hear a spine-tingling rumble/grunt nearby. The ground shakes. You look up and with that motion swing your flashlight up at the close-up face of a T-Rex a few feet away from you (way too close). The fun is about to start! Hehe I love this damn game :)
  7. Apr 23, 2013
    I love this game so much. It is my favorite dinosaur game. They have added much more stuff in there free title updates! This is the best dinosaur game ever!
  8. Feb 24, 2014
    Look at the dates of a lot of these reviews...the team is STILL patching this game, with another major game patch coming soon. Gotta give em credit for still plugging away at it.
  9. Aug 23, 2013
    This is the most fantastic game I've ever played. It took the base game of its predecessor, ORION: Dino Beatdown, and revamped it into something completely new and better. I think it deserves an award for Game of the Decade. Possibly Best Game Ever.
  10. Jun 21, 2013
    i say 7, and while they've worked hard to improvethe game over original dino beatdown, its still work in progress.

hopefully they will continue to work on it as they have done over the past year and it will be an even greater value a year from now than it already it. if you are thinking of buying it just wait for a sale to get it. finally im giving it a 10 not because its a 10,

if you are thinking of buying it just wait for a sale to get it.

finally im giving it a 10 not because its a 10, but to offset the trolls and griefers, many that do not even own or play the game, who give it a 0-1. and while its not a 10, its not a 0!
  11. Apr 16, 2013
    What is Orion Dino Horde? Orion Dino Horde is a shooter that pits a squad of carriers(Marines) against a horde of dinosaurs. As you play you can unlock 50+ weapons and equipment to help you odds of surviving. Along with that you can unlock augmentations or armor Upgrades. You can play 1st person or 3rd, your choice. Tired of fighting dinos? Well then try some of the various PvP games.What is Orion Dino Horde? Orion Dino Horde is a shooter that pits a squad of carriers(Marines) against a horde of dinosaurs. As you play you can unlock 50+ weapons and equipment to help you odds of surviving. Along with that you can unlock augmentations or armor Upgrades. You can play 1st person or 3rd, your choice. Tired of fighting dinos? Well then try some of the various PvP games. These games include NinjaCappers, a match where everyone has cloaking devices and are equip with deadly sniper rifles and knives. Don't like ninjas? Then try DudeHuge, a King of the Hill match where players have mini-guns, flamethrowers, and other deadly weapons to keep the action strong. Flying more your style? Then its time to play Rocketeer. Rocketeer is a match where everyone has a jet pack and deadly rocket launchers. There is 9 unique dinosaur AI, and it all takes place in a graphically stunning environment. Expand
  12. Jan 16, 2015
    even with these negative reviews we are getting on a $0.99 game, the developers are still working hard to improve their game to perfection, unlike our money milking games, ASSassins greed unity
  13. Aug 9, 2013
    I give full 10 scores because it´s so much fun!! The game comes with an good idea. After the new update there are some new interesting gameplay mods. This Game will be a new experience for you. BUY IT!!!
  14. Aug 21, 2013
    I have no idea how bad the previous version of this game was (Orion: Dino BEATDOWN), but the game as it currently stands, is rather fun and addicting (besides the occasionally crashes which are annoying.).

And because of all the false negativity around here, I am going to have to rate it 10, but otherwise I would of rated it 8 or 7.
  15. Aug 19, 2013
    Ok, So sure, this game isn't going to win awards for any new ideas, or for having broken ground with unique graphics, however i find the teamwork game play engaging, the enemies are interesting and quite well detailed for such a cheap game, and the points system required for weapons and upgrades gives you a greater sense of achievement. I experienced the buggy lag and broken game play theOk, So sure, this game isn't going to win awards for any new ideas, or for having broken ground with unique graphics, however i find the teamwork game play engaging, the enemies are interesting and quite well detailed for such a cheap game, and the points system required for weapons and upgrades gives you a greater sense of achievement. I experienced the buggy lag and broken game play the first time i played, then instantly realised i hadn't downloaded the recent patch which immediately fixed every issue i had, so far no bugs, runs fine, having a blast. Expand
  16. maw
    Aug 20, 2013
    This is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be! Yes there are issues with the game, but one thing people are right about is its just like killing floor with Dinos. I don't think $15 is worth this game but if you get a steam sale for $3 then why not. Flying around on a jetpack shooting at a T-rex is pretty fun, not to mention blowing dinos heads off!! I do hope the developers do someThis is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be! Yes there are issues with the game, but one thing people are right about is its just like killing floor with Dinos. I don't think $15 is worth this game but if you get a steam sale for $3 then why not. Flying around on a jetpack shooting at a T-rex is pretty fun, not to mention blowing dinos heads off!! I do hope the developers do some more work on this game and fix the bugs and make some of the animations better, this game has huge potential! Expand
  17. Aug 26, 2013
    August 26, 2013 Orion: Dino Horde by Spiral Game Studios 10/10. May 4, 2013 Orion: Dino Horde 3/10. The game was an atrocious mess by inexperienced developers. However, their game premise and chemistry had promise. The developers stuck with their first game. 14 months after the game's initial release, I played Orion. I love the game. I will probably put more hours into this game than IAugust 26, 2013 Orion: Dino Horde by Spiral Game Studios 10/10. May 4, 2013 Orion: Dino Horde 3/10. The game was an atrocious mess by inexperienced developers. However, their game premise and chemistry had promise. The developers stuck with their first game. 14 months after the game's initial release, I played Orion. I love the game. I will probably put more hours into this game than I typically do with AAA games. It has the chemistry for replayability.

Summary: Orion: Dino Horde essentially resembles Killing Floor by Tripwire Interactive, but with dinosaurs (plus sci-fi spin). Its a fun play and will get better as time goes on. Spiral Games has a lot of potential as a developer and with their first released game.
  18. Aug 30, 2013
    At first, reading all the stupid reviews by people who barely played this game, i tought this game would suck, but i gave it a try, and i was surprised, in a good way. Many people talk trash, simply because they don't give the game a full review, Reading down below i see a very bad review, talking trash, because the vehicle controls are with mouse? If he had actually looked in theAt first, reading all the stupid reviews by people who barely played this game, i tought this game would suck, but i gave it a try, and i was surprised, in a good way. Many people talk trash, simply because they don't give the game a full review, Reading down below i see a very bad review, talking trash, because the vehicle controls are with mouse? If he had actually looked in the controls he would have noticed you can change that, another person claiming it crashes randomly and cannot connect to servers, that's a problem with your internet, as i run it totally fine! As i said before, i gave this game a look, with big googley, surprised eyes, this is a very good game for me. Had no problems after playing it for more than 40 hours. Expand
  19. Sep 21, 2013
    A bit buggy, but All in All the Game is VERY fun! Just make sure you play with Friends or use Dedicated Servers as some players tend to "Rage Quit" ruining the fun for you and the others.

On a side note: a lot of those negative reviews are based on Orion: Dino Beatdown this game is built on it, but TOTALLY new
  20. Feb 24, 2014
    I do not know how anyone could rate this lower than 8/10, My friends and I giggle so much while playing it late into the evening.. I give it two thumbs WWAAYY up!
  21. Oct 25, 2013
    Its not Dino beatdown anymore, its Dino Horde! Very fun with friends in coop, good graphics, best music ever! Tons of weapons and upgrades, and billion of dinosaurs! You can use also vehicles, tanks, choppers, and mechs! And its not buggy anymore! And all updates and DLC's are free! Thanks for the game devs!
  22. Nov 7, 2013
    Hello dear gamers, I bought this game in August, it was already changed to Orion Dino Horde. So I can't say anything about the previous game. I don't understand the people who give this awesome game a zero...? no one deserves that !!

I want to tell you about a few things I really like about this game. - You have allot of different game modes, fighting against each other (free for all,

I want to tell you about a few things I really like about this game.
    - You have allot of different game modes, fighting against each other (free for all, king of the hill, gun game, but also in team-play like team elimination), survival (playing with 4 other players) with 6 level with difficulty. There are playable vehicles with nice guns and a lot of other funny game modes (slaughter, rampage, 1v1 dual).
    - There are a lot of different maps with their own world dino, that makes it more dynamic!
    - In the game you get credits by killing dinos, reviving team-mates, restoring the generator or capturing the different objectives. With these credits you can buy many different upgrades, and you can buy a lot of different guns.
    -You can also choose between 3 different characters, every round there is the possibility to change between them. They have their own tech-tree and specialty. It makes the game very dynamic and hold you interested.
    - We had a few free updates, with more maps, better graphics, bug fixes and more! like the spook-tacular event with a new boss fight, Halloween style, awesome!! There will be more free updates with new content, I am very excited about that.
    - The game has a very extensive statistics about almost everything you achieve during the game, it's very nice for number/stats geeks like myself :P.
    - You can customize your characters with different hats, armor, capes and funny taunts. You can win a lot of them during special occasion or by getting more achievements.

There are more things to discover! So check the game and enjoy the dino era!

There are a few minor bugs, but its a indie game and the developers are ready and willing to optimize the game, so everyone can enjoy it.

I really hope that metacritic will revise the score it gave the previous game Dino Beatdown, and give our fellow gamers a real score and the developers the respect they deserve. I am very proud of the developer on that what they made so far.

Your sincerely, Dragittarius
  23. Nov 8, 2013
    Besides from a few small technical issues that occasionally pop up, this game has evolved dramatically over the past year and a half from it's buggy and disappointing launch back in 2012 that most of the users here are referring to. Since then, the game has had a huge influx of new content on a regular basis that has improved not only the graphics and performance, but the overall gameplayBesides from a few small technical issues that occasionally pop up, this game has evolved dramatically over the past year and a half from it's buggy and disappointing launch back in 2012 that most of the users here are referring to. Since then, the game has had a huge influx of new content on a regular basis that has improved not only the graphics and performance, but the overall gameplay experience. Orion: Dino Horde, in it's current form, is one of the best co-operative games to play with your friends around. I strongly recommend you try this game at the next f2p session that is offered. And for those that previously bought the game, try out the new version, it's way better then what you were expecting the game to be like when you first saw it back in 2012. This game deserves a second chance from both users and game reviewers alike. Expand
  24. Mar 3, 2014
    been playing the game and I am having a lot fun with it, I hope the DEVS make new updates as they said so we can keeping playing it, for the price I paid for it I can say was worth, better than buy some Day Z that we can note set a private server with password for PVE only...
  25. Feb 24, 2014
    Put it a little higher than i normally would to counteract the obsolete "its buggy/ not working reviews"

Great game well worth the 1$ during the sale and possibly even the full price All the claims about buggyness are obsolete, dont listen to them Great multiplayer and dinoshooting action. How did a futuristic civilization end up on a planet with dinosaurs? Why are herbivore

Great game well worth the 1$ during the sale and possibly even the full price

All the claims about buggyness are obsolete, dont listen to them

Great multiplayer and dinoshooting action.
    How did a futuristic civilization end up on a planet with dinosaurs?
    Why are herbivore dinosaurs attacking you?
    Is that the medic gun from team fortress 2?
    Stop overthinking the game, with great action who needs plot.
  26. Dec 5, 2013
    This game is the funniest game I've ever played. Metacritics must re-make a detailed rating, because this game is not Dino Beatdown, this is Orion: Dino Horde!
    Extremely funny, immersive, spectacuar, the graphic is amazing (ok ok, it's not Crysis 3 but it has a very good graphic for an indie game made by a little company). This product is a very complete game, more than 30 playable maps, 50+ weapons, 10+ awsome game modes (including coop, competitive, PvP, team coop and team PvP), badass vehicles, 10 awsome ferocious dinosaur species and more. Free massive DLCs are making this project one of the best multiplayer indie dinosaur sci-fi shooter ever made. My rating is 1010, but the metacritics rate MUST be at least 8010.
  27. Jun 23, 2014
    This is a fantastic pick-up and play game. The developers have been fixing the bugs, and it becomes more and more enjoyable with each patch. An incredibly fun game, with obscenely misguided reviews
  28. Jan 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the game looks great and they will be adding more dinosaurs to play as and fight. The best part is are the maps they are huge and the game has many different game types Expand
  29. Feb 20, 2014
    I give this a 10 because this game is one of the few dinosaur survival games. Turok was like this but with more story and less multiplayer. This game deserves a higher metascore because the game has bugs yes but Spiral Fixes these problems very quickly. The game has RPG element, a FPS element, Character progression, and survival, Also adding to this the old games that weren't even gamesI give this a 10 because this game is one of the few dinosaur survival games. Turok was like this but with more story and less multiplayer. This game deserves a higher metascore because the game has bugs yes but Spiral Fixes these problems very quickly. The game has RPG element, a FPS element, Character progression, and survival, Also adding to this the old games that weren't even games they were mods for half-life. The game is indie now and has a HUGE fan-base. The game is Awesome and I recommend you get this game right away. Expand
  30. Feb 21, 2014
    This game is so awesome i love to plat it with my friends, it gets better by the update and love to play it !
    sometimes it is laggy but that's not really a problem that can be easly solved :)

1. May 1, 2013
    It may be fun if we play with friends for a few hours… but it may be not. There are many games fighting in the FPS genre, and it's very hard to find something worth highlighting in this one.
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    While Orion: Dino Horde has potential, it will certainly fall short of even modest expectations. If it weren't for there already being quite the track record of bad Jurassic games, I'd suggest that fighting dinosaurs has never been so dull. A shame, since it's evident that the developers put a lot of time into it... it's just too bad they didn't focus on making it fun.
  3. Apr 28, 2013
    Perhaps I shouldn’t have been surprised that ORION: Dino Horde was such a disappointment. The gaming industry has been rife with rumors about scurrilous behaviour concerning a very similar title, Dino Beatdown. ORION: Dino Horde's rough edges suggest that it has been quickly brought to market and cynically shoveled out to gamers in the vain hope that its over the top premise will bring in a few bucks.