Osmos PC

7.6

1. IsakA
    Nov 26, 2009
    A peace of art that stands out in a gameworld overpopulated with aqctionpacked FPS and and melodarmatic MMOs. The indiescene is where it the innovation takes place as far as i'm concerned.
  2. Dec 8, 2012
    A very original concept for a relaxing game. A good replay value even if you've finished all levels. If you get it at a discounted price, that's a good deal. The kind of game you play between two games, to make another part of your brain work.
  3. Mar 27, 2012
    Osmos is an intense yet subdued little game. Fun on every level. It could have been done with 8 bit graphics, but it wasn't. It's very polished and smooth (assuming you're not running an 8088). If you are incapable of understanding Newton's laws of motion, simple orbital mechanics, and circle packing don't bother with this game. The tutorial/demo would be insightful for those of youOsmos is an intense yet subdued little game. Fun on every level. It could have been done with 8 bit graphics, but it wasn't. It's very polished and smooth (assuming you're not running an 8088). If you are incapable of understanding Newton's laws of motion, simple orbital mechanics, and circle packing don't bother with this game. The tutorial/demo would be insightful for those of you logical enough to understand those principals but have not been introduced to them yet. This game, if applied properly, could be a great educational introduction to physics. Well done Hemisphere. Expand
  4. Jul 21, 2012
    Amazingly well designed game. Very interesting. It's like an action science lesson. Did you read me? An action science lesson. Insightful, welcoming and gorgeous.
  5. Feb 27, 2013
    Beautiful graphics, good and realxing sound themes and, especially, SIMPLY DIFFICULT! If you like that kind of brainy games and you like some more stress caused by repeating levels, this is your game.
  6. AliciaY
    Nov 26, 2009
    It's incredibly addictive, a little difficult to master, but a price and a gem for an incredible good deal. Now we have to wonder... What if Spore had been this good? >.>
  7. olivern
    Dec 3, 2009
    Relaxing and relieves tension, just what i need!
  8. Zelakon
    Dec 2, 2009
    Ignore Coeco's limited and impatient account of this game; it's the equivalent of saying your only goal in an FPS is to shoot things. Osmos, from start to finish, is excellent.
  9. DimaN
    Jan 2, 2010
    This game has a charming atmosphere,and uncommon style.Gameplay isn't genius,but it works so it's enjoyable to play this game!
  10. ToddM
    Jan 7, 2010
    The only thing that keeps this from being one of the most addictive and engaging games I've ever played is the fact that you cannot save the game mid level. While no level takes more than 15 minutes, dying more than once towards the end can easily turn a single level into an hour. Other than that, this is an amazing game, and you should buy it. It's like the bacterial stage of The only thing that keeps this from being one of the most addictive and engaging games I've ever played is the fact that you cannot save the game mid level. While no level takes more than 15 minutes, dying more than once towards the end can easily turn a single level into an hour. Other than that, this is an amazing game, and you should buy it. It's like the bacterial stage of Spore finally done right. Expand
  11. JackK
    Dec 1, 2009
    For me, this is the most addictive game since i bought BF2 back in 2005. I spent from 8pm-3am playing this, it has an excellent soundtrack, good ideas and the small game size is also good so you dont have to download for 8 hours. Something that is somewhat tricky to review is difficulty; the game got very difficult on some levels, which is good as it makes an EXCELLENT gaming experience, For me, this is the most addictive game since i bought BF2 back in 2005. I spent from 8pm-3am playing this, it has an excellent soundtrack, good ideas and the small game size is also good so you dont have to download for 8 hours. Something that is somewhat tricky to review is difficulty; the game got very difficult on some levels, which is good as it makes an EXCELLENT gaming experience, but also bad because sometimes I want to throw my PC out the window. THe only real complaint I have is that there was a somewhat limited level choice. For how good this game is, I would've liked a greater level choice and/or custom levels to help imrpove the replayability of this. TL;DR VERSION: Addictive, loads of fun, hours of infuriation and some decent replayability, not enough levels, I would definately reccommend it to anyone. 9/10 Expand
  12. seant.
    Aug 24, 2009
    Easily one of the most addictive games I've played since Alpha Centauri was released ever so long ago. Osmos is addictive, arty, trippy, exhilarating and breezy at all of the same time. What sets Osmos apart from any other game is that it respects time and patience; time-warping to absorb a mote with finesse is an artform in and of itself. For me the games most entertaining mode was Easily one of the most addictive games I've played since Alpha Centauri was released ever so long ago. Osmos is addictive, arty, trippy, exhilarating and breezy at all of the same time. What sets Osmos apart from any other game is that it respects time and patience; time-warping to absorb a mote with finesse is an artform in and of itself. For me the games most entertaining mode was the "Impasse" mode where the player starts off as a little mote in a sea of non-moving motes of all sizes. If the player plays wisely and... patiently, they could grow their mote exponentially in a few minutes. It's very satisfying and very much a balancing act. The soundtrack is also pretty grand, though nothing here will match up to any one of the classic Brian Eno "Ambient Series" records but for a game the soundtrack is a cut above the rest. To end this brief review I think it's worth mentioning that the very small team at Hemisphere had previously worked on larger franchises & projects such as Splinter Cell and have obviously refocused their efforts on creating indie games and more specifically this new genre of "ambient gaming". It's very exciting and they deserve many props for that alone. Here's to the blobiverse! Expand
  13. Oct 9, 2010
    Really good game to kill time and just relax while remaining pretty entertaining. I hope more people support indie games and their developers. It's not a full priced game and it will probably be on sale during the holidays so keep an eye out!
  14. Feb 2, 2012
    Osmos has great music, looks great, and is very fun. The price is unbelievable for the quality of the game. If you are thinking of buying this game, get it. You won't regret it.
  15. Jul 2, 2012
    Something about the atmosphere created by this game is really enchanting. I load up the game and quickly feel like I've entered its world. The object of the game is simply to absorb cells smaller than you and avoid the larger ones that can attack and shrink you. It's very physics based and the controls are very smooth. Really great game to play on the PC. I enjoy it thoroughly.

The small team at Hemisphere has crafted an alluring, captivating experience that is a nice change of pace from the frantic action videogames often provide.
  2. This crafty and calming puzzle game won't addict you, but it will lull you into the occasional trance.
  3. In the end, however, $10 is a bargain for such a creative and addictive puzzle title.