7.7

1. Oct 9, 2010
    Really good game to kill time and just relax while remaining pretty entertaining. I hope more people support indie games and their developers. It's not a full priced game and it will probably be on sale during the holidays so keep an eye out!
  2. AWG
    Jul 7, 2013
    Characterized by some great concepts and a really good implementation, Osmos has nice graphics and compelling musics too. Perfect to kill half a day.
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    You know that first level of Spore where you're floating around in prehistoric goop or whatever their story is? Well it's like that, but the whole game. It's ok for relaxing but the randomization leads to impossible maps or spawnkilling. With a bit of tweaking and more maps I could really get into this but there's not much depth to it; eat or be eaten and eat the sentient blobs before they get too big to eat. Expand
  4. Mar 7, 2012
    Sit back, relax, and gobble bubbles. I thought it was supposed to be relaxing, but it's a stretch to classify some of the levels as casual. A great game to play when you are in an alcohol induced stuper.
  5. Jul 21, 2012
    Amazingly well designed game. Very interesting. It's like an action science lesson. Did you read me? An action science lesson. Insightful, welcoming and gorgeous.
  6. Apr 30, 2012
    Osmos would like to make you believe that it is a relaxing ambient game, but that is mostly not true at all. The description even makes the laughable usage of the word "elegant" to describe its game play style. It couldn't be farther from the truth. The controls are clunky, obtuse, and unprecise. The music is boring, uninspired, and uneventful. It feels like you're playing a simplistic and limited cell phone game, and for the most part, that is correct. The difficulty is simply broken. In the first five or so levels, you will become acquainted with the game's narrow mechanics, and every single level after that, you will learn lessons in what unaffluent programming looks like and experiment with poor game design. Worst of all, is that Osmos has the tendency to flicker the screen and generally display what appears to be coding garbage and fragments of menus at random and persistent times. The only way to correct this serious problem is figure out how to quit the game without being able to read the menu options due to the bugs, and restart it. This screen flickering and fragments display problem will continue incessantly, and there are many others who have tried the game who have the exact same problems. All one has to do is go to the Steam forum for the game and read about the numerous problems this poor attempt at game design has to offer. The developers have not shown any signs of life in relation to correcting the game's various serious flaws, or made any relevant commentary whatsoever. They just don't care. For a game that is supposed to be relaxing and intriguing, Osmos is the perfect antonym to those experiences, and should only be given a try by the most patient and forgiving gaming persons around. This game is yet another example of ideas being implemented lousily and in an incredibly unsound manner. It is an unbalanced and confined mess, and its value is clearly in the realm of free cell phone games. The developer's thoughts on what an adequate asking price for such a poor showing is also downright ridiculous, as for the same amount, one could make much better use of their hard earned money. Osmos is a drab cell phone game reminiscent of a screen saver. Expand
  7. Nov 20, 2013
    Maybe this game isn't for me; but from a constructive standpoint there are many that may enjoy this title… It’s challenging, pretty and quite a chilled soothing experience… It’s also annoying as hell! But maybe that’s just my incompetence at such fiddly titles! The object of the game is simple morph with shapes smaller than yourself to grow in size while avoiding the enemy, whom you also must grow larger than to be able to “EAT” before he gets you… It may sound a simple concept but it truly irritates me on every level. I really hate these strategy luck based games! That aside it is a very pretty game and I understand why people may enjoy this! Expand
  8. Dec 8, 2012
    A very original concept for a relaxing game. A good replay value even if you've finished all levels. If you get it at a discounted price, that's a good deal. The kind of game you play between two games, to make another part of your brain work.
  9. Dec 1, 2011
    Osmos. Look very relaxing. Nope, nothing more WRONG. All this relaxing and calm environment turn to s*it after few levels. This game is hard as hell... normally i would count it as a plus, but in Osmos difficulty level is bit too high. Well, it's all about absorbing bubbles to make bigger bubbles. It doesnt sound exciting and surely it is not. It's just... not fun. I was really hopeful after the tutorial, but quickly all the positive feel of the game vanished. It rapidly gets repetitive and irritating, but not in a manner "Im so angry, i will eventually beat you". The only words in my mouth sounded like "Damn this game, where's the quit button?" Expand
  10. Jul 2, 2012
    Something about the atmosphere created by this game is really enchanting. I load up the game and quickly feel like I've entered its world. The object of the game is simply to absorb cells smaller than you and avoid the larger ones that can attack and shrink you. It's very physics based and the controls are very smooth. Really great game to play on the PC. I enjoy it thoroughly.
  11. Mar 30, 2013
    i really dont get it, how always games, which should "relax me into a trance and beyond that". Become out as the games, which will frustrate me to death Game devs. should REALLY check what relax means! But yes, OST and graphics are 10/10. Though, don't think those are the most important things in a game...so i have to give a 3 for Osmos.
  12. Aug 24, 2010
    Very relaxing and beautiful, but I found that each level started out really hard, and I'd have to reconstruct the level a few times to get myself off the ground. But once you have, the ball is rolling, and it's then fairly difficult to lose unless your attention lapses.
    Mainly, this is just a game good for soaking you up in its relaxing, spacey feel and I don't think it really functions
    too well as a puzzle game. Expand
  13. Feb 19, 2012
    Eat smaller things to become bigger. It's a tried and true concept with a little twist; moving makes you smaller. Although the visuals and the calming music give a good first impression, this game is just too repetitive. Maybe I'm just not good at it, but the game feels more about luck than skill. You're encouraged to go slowly, but the game punishes you if you don't grow fast enough. Needless to say, I found myself dying multiple times in levels and just winded up rage quitting. Still, a good game, until you find out that every level is essentially the same and require next to no skill. Expand
  14. Jul 14, 2012
    After playing successfully completing the majority of the game within a couple hours, I can say the game feels lacking. I had hoped for a microbiological or cellular-level version of 'Feeding Frenzy' + "Spore" gameplay... however the game is very simple, with no skill-tree or perks, and graphics seem retro.
  15. Jul 28, 2013
    Cool game with great potential... But could be done better. Very frustrating for a casual game. Can be much luck based too. But this game have a good relaxating soundtrack and cool visual.
  16. Mar 27, 2012
    Osmos is an intense yet subdued little game. Fun on every level. It could have been done with 8 bit graphics, but it wasn't. It's very polished and smooth (assuming you're not running an 8088). If you are incapable of understanding Newton's laws of motion, simple orbital mechanics, and circle packing don't bother with this game. The tutorial/demo would be insightful for those of you logical enough to understand those principals but have not been introduced to them yet. This game, if applied properly, could be a great educational introduction to physics. Well done Hemisphere. Expand
  17. Jan 9, 2012
    What could be a great game of careful physics control is ruined by spastic stress levels with realtime enemies, and poor feedback and controls so it's quite difficult to tell what the result of your actions will be, and how hard you are pushing.

All in all, far more frustrating that it should have been.
  18. Dec 30, 2011
    No skill is required to play this game, it is all about random chance, chance and luck are the only things required to play this game. If you can't beat a level in a couple of tries just remake it and try again. Not only is the game a game of luck but it is too simple a concept to hold ones attention for any matter of time. Overall just stay away.
  19. Jul 9, 2011
    Good graphics and relaxing music (a bit repetitive though). The game is unfortunately not relaxing at all when you reach higher levels. Make one or two mistakes and it's over... you have to start the level from the beginning. Very frustrating. In advanced levels you'd better count on your luck.
  20. Feb 2, 2012
    Osmos has great music, looks great, and is very fun. The price is unbelievable for the quality of the game. If you are thinking of buying this game, get it. You won't regret it.
  21. Feb 27, 2013
    Beautiful graphics, good and realxing sound themes and, especially, SIMPLY DIFFICULT! If you like that kind of brainy games and you like some more stress caused by repeating levels, this is your game.

The small team at Hemisphere has crafted an alluring, captivating experience that is a nice change of pace from the frantic action videogames often provide.
  2. This crafty and calming puzzle game won't addict you, but it will lull you into the occasional trance.
  3. In the end, however, $10 is a bargain for such a creative and addictive puzzle title.