8.1

1. Jul 16, 2012
    Ideal game for experienced and detail-oriented gamers. Requires effort to create and manage, but great support from the best modder community in the world, combined with great customer service and development support makes it all worth the effort. The game does not need a graphics engine because it is not a toy. This may turn off younger gamers, but so be it. Great for replays and fictional.
  2. Jul 16, 2012
    I have played OOTP baseball since version 3. It gives me by far the most "bang for the buck" than any other computer/video game I've ever owned. If you are a baseball fan, do yourself a favor and at least give the demo a try.
  3. Jul 16, 2012
    This game has endless replay value. The number of different ways it can be played is only limited by your imagination. The slick interface is more intuitive than ever. Fictional, historical, hybrid, "what if" -- the possibilities are endless! Best money you'll ever spend on a computer game!
  4. Jul 16, 2012
    This is the best baseball simulation out on the market today , its up to date . it has something for everyone. i played baseball mogul for years till i found this game and baseball mogul just sucks in comparison to OOTP. . in ootp u have a lot more freedom to create ur type of game . baseball mogul is so limited everywhere . ootp is making strides every version and now even has is to where u can broadcast ur sim on ur website. u can use any of the thousands of mods out there for ootp or make ur own . if ur a big baseball guy u have to get ootp as their is no substitute for this game .i think everyone wants a graphics engine in ootp and there will be one but do u want them to get it right or half ass it and just throw something out there? i mean if u are gonna do it u do it right so i know ootp is doing the right thing and waiting to have the funds to hire a great guy to do the graphics engine . the price is great if u want the best game and besides that they always have like a 10 dollars off sale all the time so i mean if u buy it then most of the time ull get it for even a greater price . but really this game is the best baseball simulation money can buy hands down the best Expand
  5. Jul 16, 2012
    My favorite thing about this game is (1) the customization available, and (2) the support of the community. It's your game, and you can play it the way that you want to, and if you're looking for something in particular, you can find it on the user forums. It's not going to impress the video game crowd, but after growing up with Strat-o-Matic, APBA, Earl Weaver Baseball, and SherCo, it's a dream come true. Expand
  6. Jul 16, 2012
    You have to be awfully short-sighted to not only negatively review a game the quality of OOTP, but to give it a 0 rating (signifying that it has zero redeemable value). Gross overreaction like that provides no value whatsoever to those looking for usable insight into the game. It comes across as nothing but immature axe grinding.

OOTP does not provide a graphics engine, nor does it need
    it. Would it be a nice addition? Yes, but the lack of does not in any way diminish the quality of every other aspect it provides. Expand
  7. Jul 16, 2012
    OOTP 13 is a fantastic game. It's a great successor to the previous year's title and includes numerous additional features (association leagues is my favorite).
  8. Jul 16, 2012
    This is the game I have been waiting for all my life! I can bring all my childhood favorites back and never let them go. This game is a gift from above.
  9. Jul 16, 2012
    OOTP doesn't do everything I'd like it to do, but it does do most of what I would like it to do (e.g. the ability to create your own fictional worlds, industry-leading customizeability, challenging online leagues). And, except for maybe the Civilization franchise, I probably play and get more out of OOTP than any other video game. It's not there yet, but every year OOTP gets me a little bit closer to gaming Nirvana. Thanks, OOTP! :) Expand
  10. Jul 16, 2012
    The best baseball simulation on the market. Out of the Park Baseball gives you the flexibility to play the game how you want, from replaying history, replaying history, setting up your ideal fictional universe, or even creating a tournament of all-time great teams. A great community with useful mods, and a development team that cares is a big plus. My favorite new feature in version 13 is the random debut feature, which allows players to import into your universe randomly and adds to the already tremendous replay value. Expand
  11. Jul 16, 2012
    To experience simulated baseball that seems real there is no other game on the market. Not only is OOTPB the best in its genre, but it continues to improve in form function and performance every year. OOTPB can be intimidating to the new player but the resources and community available at http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ will set anyone on the right track. If you have a question just ask.

What type of baseball do you like? Current day, check. Historical, check Fictional, check. Fantasy, check. International, check. Relegation league, check. Multiply the above with hundreds of online leagues and you have virtually no limits on the baseball universe you can create.

OOTP is a sports management sim. Graphics may be part of the game going forward. They are certainly not required to enjoy the game in its current skin. Be prepared for total immersion.
  12. Jul 16, 2012
    If you want graphics, buy a PS3 or XBOX game. If you want to be immersed in a baseball world -- real or fiction -- in a way you can't find anywhere else, go with OOTP. The endless information in the game, the realistic GM experience and the countless possibilities for both fictional and real-life worlds make this the only text-sim baseball game you should play.
  13. Jul 16, 2012
    If you are a true baseball fan then this is the game for you. OOTP gives you the ability to manage just about every aspect of your team. There are so many great features in this game that it is almost impossible to stop playing. There is no other game that I own that I play as much as OOTP!
  14. Jul 16, 2012
    OOTP 13 is the best baseball simulator available. Period. It's complicated, it has a learning curve, it has none of the 3-D graphics that today's ADD children demand (see the two bad, and very sad and ignorant reviews), and if you want to know what it's like to be a GM, past or present, historical or fictional, this is the simulation you want. This is an intellectual pastime; you have to think, plan ahead, have a strategy and make good decisions in order to win consistently. The speed with which you can twitch a controller will not help you. Expand
  15. Jul 16, 2012
    OOTP 13 is easily the best baseball game I have ever played. The variety, flexibility and breadth of options in creating a league is fantastic. It provides me with endless hours of enjoyment. Also, the developer support is excellent, something the big game companies should strive for. The user community is very active and supportive and provides excellent mods, etc. The $39.95 is the best bargain I have ever paid for a game - the hourly cost to me is pennies. Expand
  16. Jul 16, 2012
    OOTP 13 is my first version of the Out of the Park games. I am a baseball fan and hoped to use the software to teach myself more about strategies and gain a deeper understanding of how the world of professional baseball works. In the time that I've owned OOTP 13, my knowledge of active rosters, 40 man rosters, waiving players, minor league call ups, and a whole host of other things that avid baseball fans are familiar with has increased tremendously. I can spend hours geeking out pouring over stats and looking for my next star player. The game doesn't feature much in the way of graphics but it's a niche genre and that doesn't detract from the game in any way. Expand
  17. Jul 16, 2012
    OOTP 13 is the best management/simulation sports game ever created! There is nothing like it. The ability to create any baseball universe you want with nearly whatever rules you want is unparalled. It also has the most accurate baseball simulation numbers and you can even simulate any era of baseball (or make a new one with your league averages!) truly amazing piece of software that allows you to be a manager, GM, commisiner,and let's you dabble with your creative side ( make your own stories, teams, league setup) cannot recommend it enough... Go buy it now! Expand
  18. Jul 16, 2012
    Anyone who even mentions the word graphics as a part of their review shouldn't be playing (or reviewing) the game. It is a text-based management sim. This is like going over to review Call of Duty and criticizing the game for being "unrealistic" because you don't die after being shot once, or criticizing Assassin's Creed because you can't jump out of buildings into haystacks in real life. As a text-based baseball simulation, this game is the gold standard. Simple as that. Expand
  19. Jul 16, 2012
    I've been playing OOTP since the beginning. If you're into graphics, look elsewhere. If you are into a believable sim that portraits the game of baseball look no further. 10 out of 10
  20. Jul 16, 2012
    When I purchased OOTP 2007 years ago I realized that baseball can be fun. Five versions later the feeling is always the same, best investissement I've ever done in a computer game. No game give me that much enjoyment, not a single day I don't start it to manage my highly missed Expos.
  21. Jul 16, 2012
    Anyone bashing the game for a lack of graphics is obviously either 12 or a button masher-type gamer. Enjoy your The Show video games with their snazzy graphics, horrendously terrible simulation stats and minimal year to year updates. I'll take my OOTP. If you want a challenge as a manager or general manager and are detail-oriented, this game is absolutely the one for you.
  22. Jul 17, 2012
    I have been playing OOTP baseball since version 6, approximately 8 years now. I have played many baseball games through the years but none come close to the pure fun and thorough enjoyment as OOTP baseball. OOTP does not do everything but with each new release it comes closer to being the best baseball game ever. Can you simulate what its like managing the likes of Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Ted Williams, Nolan Ryan, Ozzie Smith etc. with other traditional baseball games? No, but with OOTP you can. Combine that with the greatest modders, customer support and the greatest development team and what do you get? Simply the most ideal baseball game that your money can buy. Anyone who bashes this splendid game must be in love with video games that have the worst simulation stats, yearly updates as well as the worst customer and development support. You can have that. I'll very gladly take OOTP any day, any year. But if you want a far more greater challenge, then OOTP baseball is the only way to go. Hands down. Expand
  23. Jul 16, 2012
    This game has grown leaps and bounds since the original ootp was releases many years ago. Verizon 13 has a brand new interface, which makes everything only a click or two away. IMO, the game doesn't need fancy graphics because the simulation engine is excellent and mods like real logos, uniforms, and ballparks bring the game to life - using facegen, as players change teams, so do their uniforms. I've already played this version more than v12 and that's saying alot as I've spend days on end playing just one more game. If you're a stat head or just someone who loves the game of baseball, you owe it to yourself to see the endless possibilities that can be created with ootp.. play the game the way YOU want to play. Expand
  24. Jul 16, 2012
    The perfect sim to recreate history according to my rules. I can take as long as I want to mark my idea on the history of Base Ball from 1871 to the present
  25. Jul 17, 2012
    I've played many board and computer baseball games over the years and, in my opinion, this is the very best. Replay historical seasons or draft players from different eras, create and immerse yourself in fictional baseball worlds, the possibilities for customisation are terrific and there is a great community of OOTP players and modders with a lively and helpful forum.wonderful value for money.
  26. Jul 18, 2012
    This is a text based sim that focuses on the management aspects of running a team and the stats of baseball, not a game for those looking to play with today's level of HD graphics like MLB: The Show. The amazing thing about OOTP is the unlimited customizability. You can play any season of MLB's past. You can create a fictional league with 80 teams. You can play with historical player randomly debutting through the history of the league. When I say your options are unlimited, I mean it. Expand
  27. Jul 18, 2012
    I've played OOTP for 8 years and no other sports simulation even comes close to the depth and detail that OOTP13 offers for Baseball fans. Whatever you like to play whether it be Historical, Fictional or real MLB rosters OOTP13 fits the bill! Do yourself a favor and BUY OOTP13 right now! The best bang for your buck!!!!
  28. Jul 18, 2012
    I gave the game a 9/10, but this game is not for everyone because it is a management SIMULATOR. If you lack imagination, can't read, or have a short attention span this game probably isn't for you. If you truly want to experience and be immersed in the heartbreak and the exhilaration that comes from America's Pastime, OOTP is for you. And that's not even mentioning the great mods, online leagues, and active community that take the enjoyment to the next level. My favorite baseball game. Collapse
  29. Jul 19, 2012
    Great game. Responsive developers. Rich selection of mods from an outstanding and active user community. Nearly unlimited customization possibilities. Not liking this game because it doesn't have PS3 graphics is akin to not liking the movie "Gladiator" because there were no light sabres.
  30. Jul 18, 2012
    10/10. Not much more to say. Like baseball? or even just like the idea of taking control of your own sports team? Or even creating your own league and watching it grow and expand into the future. This has has alot to offer.

For people being negative about 'no graphics engine'. Please take a second to view the game website and realise that this is a TEXT-BASED sports sim.
  31. Jul 18, 2012
    I'm a gamer and a huge sports management gamer. Of all the games I have played through out the years OOTP is the one I play everyday. You can play historical, current MLB, fictional, fast sim or play out every game. The mods made by the forum are awesome as well as the fact the developer is active on the board.
  32. Jul 21, 2012
    For a baseball game having the same hold as Football manager then this game is for you. So many options to tailor the game to your likes and a very helpful forum and producer for help and advice. So simple to get into but with long term playability. Many hours can be lost trying to win the next game or sign that star player you need for your franchise to get to the top.
  33. Jul 27, 2012
    This simulation is very-well developed. It accurately reflects baseball of any era from the 1800's to complete and accurate rosters as of 2012. If you want a game where you are the CEO i.e. GM then this is the game for you. No, the graphics and sound are not like a first-person shooter or something but they are very good for what they are needed for. This isn't some glitz shooter for a dumbace. You are smart? You will like. This is a game about building a contender through the draft, free-agency, and trades. Controlling ticket prices etc. It is a very deep simulation and has excellent online leagues against human opponents. Easily the best game in the genre. Expand
  34. Jul 27, 2012
    My favorite baseball game ever! I really enjoy the thinking and all the baseball "stuff." I would play all day if I could. I also really like the online leagues.
  35. Sep 4, 2012
    OOTP 13 is the first baseball sim I've been able to seriously get into. I have yet to see any set of stats or results generated from it that has looked unrealistic to me. Between the historical players and teams, league customization, and career modes, you've got a lot of different options on how to play the game.

One thing that really surprised me was the dynamic nature of the leagues.
    In the three seasons that I've been working my way up the minor league system as a manager, not only did the planned move of the Astros to the AL West happen, but the Pirates wound up moving to Charlotte, and Major League expansion teams were added in Jacksonville and Indianapolis. It makes an ongoing seasonal campaign more interesting when there's other stuff going on that's completely unrelated to anything you're doing.

I look forward to being able to manage the Rays at the Major League level at some point... though they might be in Des Moines by then. :)
  36. Jul 27, 2012
    The best baseball simulation/management game out there. Very addicting game that allows you to take control of your favorite team or create your own league.
  37. Jul 29, 2012
    I really got hooked on this sports management situation - and I am not a baseball fan by far. The information is presented in a very accessible way (compared to the loads of data you face) and the ability to completely build your own fantasy league, import modded logos and uniforms brings an addiction level that is rarely reached these days. For me it's on par with Civ: Just one more ball game.
    No, it doesn't have NBA 2K12 or MLB: The Show like graphics, but it doesn't need to. It's not what this game is about. And who has ever blamed Minecraft for being graphically deficient?
    Try this game for a little while and it will really grow on you!
  38. Aug 1, 2012
    This is a great game for people who are interested in a extremely in depth management sports simulation. This is NOT for anyone who just wants to play through a game of baseball like a console sports game. If you love in depth management of stats, lineups, financials, minor league's, drafts, and much more; this is the game for you!
  39. Mar 11, 2013
    I would give this game a 10 but still think there is room for improvement and don't want them to get lazy like EA Sports. First off, this is reviewed as a simulation game, not as a live action sports game. If you are looking for an EA sports type game, stop reading now. Sure it would be great if a company like OOTP Developments could work with EA or Activision and put together the ultimate sports sim, the numbers/simulation depth of OOTP with the live action of the big developers, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. OOTP is a great game on its own though, especially if you want to recreate history and the mod community is pretty large, they don't have all the rights but you can easily download MLB uniforms and logos from the mod community, along with player images (facegen) that really made the game graphically appealing. This is the ultimate GM game for a baseball fan, take over the Cubs in the 80s and actually build a world series team. take over the Brooklyn Dodgers and stop them from moving to Los Angeles. Take over Boston in the 20s and stop the trade of the greatest player ever to the hated Yankees. Create custom baseball cards (also mods for that) and vote for yourself who should win end of season awards and who should be in the Hall of Fame. Did someone get a career ending injury and you want to change it, a few quick clicks and he is back in the game. did someone retire too soon or is playing too long, its easy to force retirements and make players come out of retirement. You can basically do anything you want in this game, very addicting. Expand
  40. Jul 18, 2012

1. Aug 15, 2012
    Overall, Out of the Park '13 made a few improvements over its predecessor, but the meat of the game is pretty much the same game, which is actually a good thing. If you already have Out of the Park '12, $39.99 might be too much for a few visual and AI improvements. If you don't have a prior OOTP game, OOTP13, much like last year's game, is an excellent baseball management simulator.
  2. Aug 12, 2012
    OotP's baseball smarts may be undisputed, but it struggles to capture the passion and sporting flair of the infield. [Sept 2012, p.106]
  3. Jul 16, 2012
    OOTP 13 does exactly what it sets out to do-it provides the hardcore fan with the most detailed front office sim experience possible. Once I got into the ebb and flow of managing my team, it was sheer baseball nerd nirvana, and there's a lot of value in that.