2.5

1. dana
    Dec 9, 2009
    Metacritic needs to have a limit of at least 20-30 reviews before a game can get awards like best PC game of the year or be the #2 PC game overall. This is ridiculous. This game is decent, but 96? No way.
  2. AnonymousMC
    Jan 1, 2008
    Good, but not great.
    Definately not a better game than Half-Life 2.
    This is one of the best basball sims out there, but still is light-years of the majesty of games such as starcraft and HL2. A sim cannot ever beat those games, because it requires little, if any creative input. No art direction is needed, no character development, no cinematics, nothing to compare with the other games
    Good, but not great.
    Definately not a better game than Half-Life 2.
    A sim cannot ever beat those games, because it requires little, if any creative input. No art direction is needed, no character development, no cinematics, nothing to compare with the other games in the top 10.
  3. Batgra
    Oct 5, 2009
    So unlike most here, i've played the game... and yes, it is a game. It matters not that it falls under a genera that many "general" gamers wouldn't play... It deserves the score that it received just as any other RPG, FPS, RTS, MMO etc. etc. deserves the score they have received.
  4. Aug 24, 2011
    Limited appeal to an audience, only great fans of baseball would like this game, for the vast majority of people, it simply isn't worth it. So it IS worth a 96/100, but only for baseball fans. For everyone else, it's a dud.
  5. FranjoR.
    Oct 3, 2008
    Sorry Fred F, I vote since there is no other comment system I can see - but I gave it a higher than average rating, at least! Now for my point: With no more than FIVE critic scores, this shouldn't get such a prominent place on Metacritic. You may say that there must be a way for underdogs/black horses/whatever to break through the media hype of the big titles, but I think they will Sorry Fred F, I vote since there is no other comment system I can see - but I gave it a higher than average rating, at least! Now for my point: With no more than FIVE critic scores, this shouldn't get such a prominent place on Metacritic. You may say that there must be a way for underdogs/black horses/whatever to break through the media hype of the big titles, but I think they will even if you don't flag this as the BEST GAME EVER! Maybe you should have a genre system, maybe add a parameter for number of reviews, requiring at least 10 for a game to get the full value from the scores. This way a few fanboy critics have skewed the rating of this game brutally - though I'm sure the immense number of baseball game lovers all over the world really like this. Expand
  6. Apr 6, 2012
    If you were wondering how this turd can be the number 2 PC game, just remember never to trust a review by Gamespy, Gameshark, or operation sports. Or meta critic for that matter, This is case in point that this whole Meta critic system is fundamentally flawed
  7. DesmondL
    Jun 18, 2009
    Only 5 reviews this games (most of this reviewer is a big fan of baseball), not deserve to hold 2nd place of "Best PC games of all time". And it also less popular PC game in the worldwide.
  8. Ger
    Dec 8, 2009
    I appreciate that this is game to be marked under its own merits but the fact remains this is NOT AND NEVER WILL BE the 2nd best game ever made. Its very appearance in the top 20 is an insult to gamers and creators alike. /agree Its overrated.
  9. JoeJ
    Jan 3, 2009
    A baseball simulation, like any other baseball simulation. By the way get it off the top list, it has no business being up their with halflife. Even 1 of the 5 critics begins by saying "its not a perfect game.." - well there are several other games on the top list that ARE perfect games.
  10. ianHilton
    Nov 29, 2007
    Every once in a while a mongrel will sneek through the back gate at Crufts and find itself on a podium next to a purebred pomerainian. This is what sometimes happens in metacritic when media from specific gernres are reivewed by a few over enthusiastic sources. Thats why OOTP 2007 stands proud next to HL2 instead of at place 500 next to Medal of Honor Airborne where it belongs.Every once in a while a mongrel will sneek through the back gate at Crufts and find itself on a podium next to a purebred pomerainian. This is what sometimes happens in metacritic when media from specific gernres are reivewed by a few over enthusiastic sources. Thats why OOTP 2007 stands proud next to HL2 instead of at place 500 next to Medal of Honor Airborne where it belongs. Unfortunately, there is no simple solution to this problem and keeping things simple is what Metacritic is all about. Its up to you to spot the rotten apples based of the quatility and quantity of reviews. Keep up the outstanding work Metacritic. Expand
  11. BrainK.
    Aug 13, 2008
    The game may be nice to play, but it basically is overrated. its kind of funny to see it with the legendary, superb games up at the highest ranks.
  12. PedroS
    Jan 27, 2009
    For many years I have only played Excel, R and matlab. Out of the Park Baseball is definitely equal to these other gaming classics but it does lack the ability to plot functions particularly well. Hopefully the next release will rectify this.
  13. Dec 5, 2015
    One of the best baseball sims out there, but it's nowhere near a metascore of 96.

It has it's flaws with it's complex menu systems and the fact that every single batter looks the same old bland person. Don't even get me started on how long it took me to actually find how to do simple things with the game lacking in depth tutorials. I'd lastly like to comment on how bad I think the music is, since it mostly sounds like a car engine humming to a airliner jet engine.

Overall the game is above average at best. I don't know what processed the critics to rate it so high.

If you have any interest in the guts of baseball, OOTP 2007 is simply a must-own product. It's a landmark achievement. It's weird to think about it: It took a London-based company known for its soccer management games and a German-born developer with a passion for the sport to produce arguably the best and most complete simulation of America's Pastime.
    Anyone who's ever dreamed of running a professional team in some capacity, or anyone who enjoys fantasy baseball, baseball board games, or similar products, will absolutely love what OOTP 2007 offers. Any criticisms of the game are merely trivial; in the end it comes down to this: This is the best “fantasy” baseball gaming package ever created.
  3. AceGamez
    Out of the Park Baseball 2007 is not a perfect game, as it lacks the human touch that fills baseball and its general manager positions, but there are so many aspects that it digitally replicates with excellence that this doesn't matter.