2.5

1. Mar 11, 2011
    After playing this yawner of a sports game I had come to one conclusion: Payola can only explain the 100 percent reviews for this piece of junk. The interface is crap, the graphics mediocre and the actually game play is like eating dry toast. Just awful.
  2. Jan 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this position here as a test of the voting system? I can not understand another reason to see this "game" so highly. -->>> 0 10 Expand
  3. MarkR.
    Aug 20, 2007
    I don't believe how this game made it to top 5 games for pc. This game is both boring and annoying. I'd rather be cleaning my front yard then playing this game.
  4. CL
    Jul 25, 2007
    When I saw a sports simulator on the top 20 list I was dumbfounded. In actual fact, I am startled every time I see one of these games OUT of the top 20 worst games ever made, considering the creative talent required to make yet another sports simulator is on par with releasing a new Jaws movie and calling it fresh. I was so startled, in fact, that i went out and purchased this game, my When I saw a sports simulator on the top 20 list I was dumbfounded. In actual fact, I am startled every time I see one of these games OUT of the top 20 worst games ever made, considering the creative talent required to make yet another sports simulator is on par with releasing a new Jaws movie and calling it fresh. I was so startled, in fact, that i went out and purchased this game, my curiosity and skepticism getting the better of me. I was not surprised however to find yet another repetitious, sweaty, jock filled pile of facetious sport simulator crap. The fact that this even comes close to titles like Half-Life 2 and actually out-rates titles such as Starcraft, Counter-Strike and World of Warcraft is truly a felony. If you want to play sport, go out and do it; game coders should be ashamed to trick these poor apes into doing something that is supposed to make them fit in front of a screen. When you even start to compare the hours and creativity spent coding and designing titles like "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" to this dim-witted rip off of the millions of likewise games released over the last 10 years, it really makes you realize just how fraudulent these arid producers are being even trying to sell us this bile-coated code. Not disappointing, as I was never appointed in the first place, just plain crap. Expand
  5. WesleyV.
    May 26, 2007
    Very nice game
  6. Nov 1, 2011
    Bland and boring to some, great to others. I for one felt like i wasted my money. Bland and boring to some, great to others. I for one felt like i wasted my money.
  7. BrainK.
    Aug 13, 2008
    The game may be nice to play, but it basically is overrated. its kind of funny to see it with the legendary, superb games up at the highest ranks.
  8. AnonymousMC
    May 6, 2008
    FUCK U METACRITIC FUCK U MOTEHRFUCKER AND MOTEHR FUCKERS READING THIS. FUCK ALL FUCKING SPORTS. FUCK ALL FUCK BASSBALL. FUCK FUCKING OUT OF SHOT BASSBALL 07 THIS IS SHOT. ALL OF U MOTHERFUCKING CRITICS AND MOTERHFUCKERS THAT GAVE THIS SHIT ANY SCORE OR A GOOD SCVORE ARE NOBOIDES AHVE NO LIFE WILL NEVER HAVE NO LIFE AND U AN D U ALL THAT ARE READING THIS THIS SHTI A FUCKING FUCKING TOPFUCK U METACRITIC FUCK U MOTEHRFUCKER AND MOTEHR FUCKERS READING THIS. FUCK ALL FUCKING SPORTS. FUCK ALL FUCK BASSBALL. FUCK FUCKING OUT OF SHOT BASSBALL 07 THIS IS SHOT. ALL OF U MOTHERFUCKING CRITICS AND MOTERHFUCKERS THAT GAVE THIS SHIT ANY SCORE OR A GOOD SCVORE ARE NOBOIDES AHVE NO LIFE WILL NEVER HAVE NO LIFE AND U AN D U ALL THAT ARE READING THIS THIS SHTI A FUCKING FUCKING TOP FUCKING GAME FOR PC FUCK U FUCK U FUCK UF CUKF U FUCK U FUCK U COMPLETELRY AND TATLLY FUCK U U SHOULD JUST CUT OFF URE BALLS AND PUT IT IN YOUR ASS FUKINGIN METACRTITIC DELETE THIS FUKCING SITE ADELETE THIS GAME. THIS GAME FUCKING GAME U SAY IS OHH ONE OF BEST PC GAMES WELL FUCKING FCUK U METACRITIC FUCK U FUUUUUUKC U FUCKKK U FUCK OUT OF PARK BASEBALL07 FUCK METACTRIC THIS IS NOT A TOP PC GAME AOH AND ONE MORE THING YEHA FUCK U FUCK U FUCK FU F CUKF U FUCK U FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK U FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKC U OH AYEAH AND FUUUUKC U, OMNE MORE THING FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK U METACRIC. AND FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK OUT OF PARK BASSBALL THIS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKING SHIHHIT SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK AOH YEAH AND COMPLETLEY AND TYATALLY FUCK YOUR LIFE METACRITC Expand
  9. Tom
    Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, I don't generally play any sports games, especially not simulations, since it's not very exciting to me. I play First Person Shooters and Action games. Yet, for so many people who also play the last two genres I mentioned to actively try and destroy the score of a deserving and highly-acclaimed game that's been officially scored by non-amateur video game reviewing Yeah, I don't generally play any sports games, especially not simulations, since it's not very exciting to me. I play First Person Shooters and Action games. Yet, for so many people who also play the last two genres I mentioned to actively try and destroy the score of a deserving and highly-acclaimed game that's been officially scored by non-amateur video game reviewing organizations is just low. I might not play this game, but I will at least give it the benefit of the doubt, in spite of all the other idiots, such as Michael R. Expand
  10. NickM
    Jun 20, 2009
    Ok, seriously, you guys are morons. It is not a bad game, it is great actually. It is just specified for a fairly narrow audience. I dont like baseball and i think its for wimps, but its a great baseball simulator for those who are into this genre. It isnt the best game ever either, its an exeptional game for a narrow audience.
  11. May 21, 2011
    What the hell is this doing in the best games of all time list. Critics really need t o stop getting bribed, and the system should take user reviews into account, as they're the real reviews.
  12. AttentionM
    Apr 26, 2009
    This is a statistical baseball speadsheet program. It is not a traditional baseball video game simulation. And it's particular genre, it is without doubt the best game ever produced, thus it's matching rating. Statistical (or "managerial") simulations are not judged on graphics, as the important feature is the stat engine and surrounding features.
  13. Jul 2, 2013
    I am giving this a zero based purely on the principle that to be on the top of Metacritic's list as the best PC game of all time shows how ridiculously broken the system is.
    I have even played better baseball games than this on PC let alone the other 99.99% of games out there.
    Pathetic system that I lost any faith in when I saw this at the top of the PC list.
  14. Sep 11, 2013
    It is my duty to downvote this falacy. How can a sport game which is a fraud in itself can be better than the orange box or Baldur's Gate 2. It only have 5 vote, while other Valve game have the same score with 80 vote. Just this in itsefl should be enough to remove it. I just cant stand to see this game on-par with other best game of all time, this is a fraud and metacritic should correctIt is my duty to downvote this falacy. How can a sport game which is a fraud in itself can be better than the orange box or Baldur's Gate 2. It only have 5 vote, while other Valve game have the same score with 80 vote. Just this in itsefl should be enough to remove it. I just cant stand to see this game on-par with other best game of all time, this is a fraud and metacritic should correct it right now. Expand
  15. Jul 16, 2013
    This game was meh for its time but overall a boring game with a super over rated score. No way does this game deserve 2nd best PC game. A MAJOR insult to PC gamers and Developers alike. Psht
  16. Jun 2, 2014
    A good game ? Maybe. A game that deserves to be the 2nd best game ever made ? Certainly not. Just because of 5 critic reviews, this game is overrated.
  17. Aug 30, 2012
    Seriously? Second best PC game ever made? I can think of hundreds of better games, without even barely scratching the surface. I'm surprised this is even in the top 1,000, much less the top 2.
  18. Jul 11, 2012
    Metacritic, sort this out. Having this as the 2nd best PC Game ever is ridiculous.

The fact it's rated so highly, makes your site/rating system look flawed. For pro reviews, there should be a minimum of 10 entries, any less, then it's a niche anyway.

Infact, surely there should be some kind of degrading system as time goes by.
  19. Mar 27, 2013
    Worst base ball game I have ever played.....almost as if no thought was put into it at all. MLB is waaaaay better than this piece of steaming crap. Do not buy
  20. Jan 4, 2012
    It's hard to understand how it is possible for a sports simulator of a game only enjoyed by less than 3% of the world population to be considered one of the best videogames of all times. That is why most people find it insulting seeing it all the way up there. Most of the people on this planet simply don't care about baseball in any shape or form, simple as that. A game with only 5 reviewsIt's hard to understand how it is possible for a sports simulator of a game only enjoyed by less than 3% of the world population to be considered one of the best videogames of all times. That is why most people find it insulting seeing it all the way up there. Most of the people on this planet simply don't care about baseball in any shape or form, simple as that. A game with only 5 reviews shouldn't even be shown in the list unless you specifically search for it. The solution would be to simply include the amount of reviews into rating calculation like it's done on imdb. Expand
  21. Nov 25, 2013
    This is not one of the best games ever created by man. Around this game are greats such as arkahm city and gtav and bioshock and goldeneye Metacritic sorts your balls out, booiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  22. Mar 1, 2012
    Someone obviously payed "professional reviewers" money to give it such a score. It was boring. It wasn't even up to the level of the EA MLB series. It probably deserves maybe a 5 but the reason I'm giving it such a horrible score is because the user score needs to outweigh the overrated joke of the professional score
  23. Jul 16, 2012
    haha no.
    This game does not deserve his score. Do not play it. A few fanboy critics are the only people who reviewed it, and anyone who is not a fan of baseball games will hate its guts. This needs to be taken down from no.2 of all time.
    Now.
  24. PedroS
    Jan 27, 2009
    For many years I have only played Excel, R and matlab. Out of the Park Baseball is definitely equal to these other gaming classics but it does lack the ability to plot functions particularly well. Hopefully the next release will rectify this.
  25. Oct 9, 2011
    Baseball getting 96% are you **** me???? I was a fan of old classice like hardball on the Amiga back in the day when swinging a bat and hitting a ball was considered gameplay.... but nowadays it's probably one of the most boring sports to make into a video game. Seriously need balancing scores.
  26. Dec 6, 2014
    How the hell did this get such a high score from reviewers? Did they actually play it?
    Fiddly controls, crappy visuals, weird gameplay. Only pay-to-win could make this worse!
  27. Aug 4, 2012
    One point awarded for probably being a good sport SIM. Nine deducted for being worthless for the rest of us that want to play a game and have fun.

I simply cannot understand why this should be even close to the top 100 in an all time list of PC games.
  28. Jul 16, 2014
    A sports game like this getting tied for the greatest video games of all time??? with Bioshock and Half Life? Are you serious? What on earth happened here?
  29. Feb 9, 2014
    what a waste of money and time, not only did I not enjoy this game in the slightest but it's metascore is suggests it is a well made game. I now know otherwise, and I strongly recommend you stay away from this game.
  30. Jun 17, 2014
    Did the critics get paid for writing the reviews or did the game developers just kidnap their whole family and hold a knife on their throats? Probably both.
  31. Mar 31, 2014
    How the hell does this have such an excellent score. I mean, seriously!? 96 is a critic score it shares with HALF LIFE 2. It does not deserve to be called equal to Half-Life. Ever.
  32. Apr 1, 2015
    10/10 highlights the pathetic sheep people of the internet, you can see them all here in plain view for that alone 10/10.

I spent literally most of my youth playing championship manager on floppy disk. How can you say a game cannot be great because its a sports game. Seriously all of you people who have given it 0 obviously aren't into baseball or sports which is why you had a bad time. You are all wastes of oxygen.
  33. May 5, 2015
    The fact that this game is on the second spot of PC games is just a prove that press has no idea of rating games. Yeah, it's pretty decent. But in any way is it better than Bioshock, PoE, or Portal.
  34. Dec 5, 2015
    One of the best baseball sims out there, but it's nowhere near a metascore of 96.

It has it's flaws with it's complex menu systems and the fact that every single batter looks the same old bland person. Don't even get me started on how long it took me to actually find how to do simple things with the game lacking in depth tutorials. I'd lastly like to comment on how bad I think the music is, since it mostly sounds like a car engine humming to a airliner jet engine.

Overall the game is above average at best. I don't know what processed the critics to rate it so high.
  35. Apr 13, 2016
    The gold standard for baseball sims. The purchase includes all 29,000 players to ever play in the major leagues. This year's version also adds the real stats of every minor leaguer in history for the past few decades, all without having to pay extra for season disks, roster sets, etc. The game is officially licensed by MLB, includes 3D play when playing out individual games. Also includesThe gold standard for baseball sims. The purchase includes all 29,000 players to ever play in the major leagues. This year's version also adds the real stats of every minor leaguer in history for the past few decades, all without having to pay extra for season disks, roster sets, etc. The game is officially licensed by MLB, includes 3D play when playing out individual games. Also includes the ability to play any historical matchup ever -- to decide whether the 1927 Yankees, 1976 Reds, 1929 Cubs or your favorite team were the best in history. Can customize this so specifically that you can manage every game or be the GM executing the front-office deals all the way to the frustrations of an owner who won't give you enough money for free agents, forcing you to use all of your best skills to recruit the best prospects and build for the future on a shoestring budget. Expand

If you have any interest in the guts of baseball, OOTP 2007 is simply a must-own product. It's a landmark achievement. It's weird to think about it: It took a London-based company known for its soccer management games and a German-born developer with a passion for the sport to produce arguably the best and most complete simulation of America's Pastime.
    Anyone who's ever dreamed of running a professional team in some capacity, or anyone who enjoys fantasy baseball, baseball board games, or similar products, will absolutely love what OOTP 2007 offers. Any criticisms of the game are merely trivial; in the end it comes down to this: This is the best “fantasy” baseball gaming package ever created.
  3. AceGamez
    Out of the Park Baseball 2007 is not a perfect game, as it lacks the human touch that fills baseball and its general manager positions, but there are so many aspects that it digitally replicates with excellence that this doesn't matter.