2.5

1. Apr 13, 2016
    The gold standard for baseball sims. The purchase includes all 29,000 players to ever play in the major leagues. This year's version also adds the real stats of every minor leaguer in history for the past few decades, all without having to pay extra for season disks, roster sets, etc. The game is officially licensed by MLB, includes 3D play when playing out individual games. Also includesThe gold standard for baseball sims. The purchase includes all 29,000 players to ever play in the major leagues. This year's version also adds the real stats of every minor leaguer in history for the past few decades, all without having to pay extra for season disks, roster sets, etc. The game is officially licensed by MLB, includes 3D play when playing out individual games. Also includes the ability to play any historical matchup ever -- to decide whether the 1927 Yankees, 1976 Reds, 1929 Cubs or your favorite team were the best in history. Can customize this so specifically that you can manage every game or be the GM executing the front-office deals all the way to the frustrations of an owner who won't give you enough money for free agents, forcing you to use all of your best skills to recruit the best prospects and build for the future on a shoestring budget. Expand
  2. Dec 5, 2015
    One of the best baseball sims out there, but it's nowhere near a metascore of 96.

It has it's flaws with it's complex menu systems and the fact that every single batter looks the same old bland person. Don't even get me started on how long it took me to actually find how to do simple things with the game lacking in depth tutorials. I'd lastly like to comment on how bad I think the music is, since it mostly sounds like a car engine humming to a airliner jet engine.

Overall the game is above average at best. I don't know what processed the critics to rate it so high.
  3. May 5, 2015
    The fact that this game is on the second spot of PC games is just a prove that press has no idea of rating games. Yeah, it's pretty decent. But in any way is it better than Bioshock, PoE, or Portal.
  4. Apr 1, 2015
    10/10 highlights the pathetic sheep people of the internet, you can see them all here in plain view for that alone 10/10.

I spent literally most of my youth playing championship manager on floppy disk. How can you say a game cannot be great because its a sports game. Seriously all of you people who have given it 0 obviously aren't into baseball or sports which is why you had a bad time. You are all wastes of oxygen.
  5. Dec 6, 2014
    How the hell did this get such a high score from reviewers? Did they actually play it?
    Fiddly controls, crappy visuals, weird gameplay. Only pay-to-win could make this worse!
  6. Aug 26, 2014
    Out Of The Park Baseball 2007 was the saviour of my life, I had terminal cancer in my groin and after playing this game it spread legs. 10/10 would play again.
  7. Jul 16, 2014
    A sports game like this getting tied for the greatest video games of all time??? with Bioshock and Half Life? Are you serious? What on earth happened here?
  8. Jun 17, 2014
    Did the critics get paid for writing the reviews or did the game developers just kidnap their whole family and hold a knife on their throats? Probably both.
  9. Jun 2, 2014
    A good game ? Maybe. A game that deserves to be the 2nd best game ever made ? Certainly not. Just because of 5 critic reviews, this game is overrated.
  10. Mar 31, 2014
    How the hell does this have such an excellent score. I mean, seriously!? 96 is a critic score it shares with HALF LIFE 2. It does not deserve to be called equal to Half-Life. Ever.
  11. Feb 9, 2014
    what a waste of money and time, not only did I not enjoy this game in the slightest but it's metascore is suggests it is a well made game. I now know otherwise, and I strongly recommend you stay away from this game.
  12. Nov 25, 2013
    This is not one of the best games ever created by man. Around this game are greats such as arkahm city and gtav and bioshock and goldeneye Metacritic sorts your balls out, booiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  13. Sep 11, 2013
    It is my duty to downvote this falacy. How can a sport game which is a fraud in itself can be better than the orange box or Baldur's Gate 2. It only have 5 vote, while other Valve game have the same score with 80 vote. Just this in itsefl should be enough to remove it. I just cant stand to see this game on-par with other best game of all time, this is a fraud and metacritic should correctIt is my duty to downvote this falacy. How can a sport game which is a fraud in itself can be better than the orange box or Baldur's Gate 2. It only have 5 vote, while other Valve game have the same score with 80 vote. Just this in itsefl should be enough to remove it. I just cant stand to see this game on-par with other best game of all time, this is a fraud and metacritic should correct it right now. Expand
  14. Aug 5, 2013
    this rating system is flawed. post all reviews for all games of every platform to get the real scores, not the ones that the owners of this site like so they can have an effect on the end score. this in no way deserves to have the 2nd highest rating ever.
  15. Jul 16, 2013
    This game was meh for its time but overall a boring game with a super over rated score. No way does this game deserve 2nd best PC game. A MAJOR insult to PC gamers and Developers alike. Psht
  16. Jul 5, 2013
    Had to help offset some of the butthurt people on here. This is a tremendous game, and based on the fact that most gamers are afraid of the sun, they have to vote it down, because it's baseball. Quite a shame.
  17. Jul 2, 2013
    I am giving this a zero based purely on the principle that to be on the top of Metacritic's list as the best PC game of all time shows how ridiculously broken the system is.
    I have even played better baseball games than this on PC let alone the other 99.99% of games out there.
    Pathetic system that I lost any faith in when I saw this at the top of the PC list.
  18. Apr 17, 2013
    Baseball sim like it should be. Sport sims are great and underrated. Good to see one on top where it belongs. To bad they don't make them every year like the Football Manager series.
  19. Mar 27, 2013
    Worst base ball game I have ever played.....almost as if no thought was put into it at all. MLB is waaaaay better than this piece of steaming crap. Do not buy
  20. Aug 30, 2012
    Seriously? Second best PC game ever made? I can think of hundreds of better games, without even barely scratching the surface. I'm surprised this is even in the top 1,000, much less the top 2.
  21. Aug 4, 2012
    One point awarded for probably being a good sport SIM. Nine deducted for being worthless for the rest of us that want to play a game and have fun.

I simply cannot understand why this should be even close to the top 100 in an all time list of PC games.
  22. Jul 16, 2012
    haha no.
    This game does not deserve his score. Do not play it. A few fanboy critics are the only people who reviewed it, and anyone who is not a fan of baseball games will hate its guts. This needs to be taken down from no.2 of all time.
    Now.
  23. Jul 11, 2012
    Metacritic, sort this out. Having this as the 2nd best PC Game ever is ridiculous.

The fact it's rated so highly, makes your site/rating system look flawed. For pro reviews, there should be a minimum of 10 entries, any less, then it's a niche anyway.

Infact, surely there should be some kind of degrading system as time goes by.
  24. Apr 6, 2012
    If you were wondering how this turd can be the number 2 PC game, just remember never to trust a review by Gamespy, Gameshark, or operation sports. Or meta critic for that matter, This is case in point that this whole Meta critic system is fundamentally flawed
  25. Mar 1, 2012
    Someone obviously payed "professional reviewers" money to give it such a score. It was boring. It wasn't even up to the level of the EA MLB series. It probably deserves maybe a 5 but the reason I'm giving it such a horrible score is because the user score needs to outweigh the overrated joke of the professional score
  26. Jan 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this position here as a test of the voting system? I can not understand another reason to see this "game" so highly. -->>> 0 10 Expand
  27. Jan 4, 2012
    It's hard to understand how it is possible for a sports simulator of a game only enjoyed by less than 3% of the world population to be considered one of the best videogames of all times. That is why most people find it insulting seeing it all the way up there. Most of the people on this planet simply don't care about baseball in any shape or form, simple as that. A game with only 5 reviewsIt's hard to understand how it is possible for a sports simulator of a game only enjoyed by less than 3% of the world population to be considered one of the best videogames of all times. That is why most people find it insulting seeing it all the way up there. Most of the people on this planet simply don't care about baseball in any shape or form, simple as that. A game with only 5 reviews shouldn't even be shown in the list unless you specifically search for it. The solution would be to simply include the amount of reviews into rating calculation like it's done on imdb. Expand
  28. Dec 1, 2011
    It's obvious people just come here because they see it on the top rated and decide to hate on it because they think it's boring or whatever. In reality this game actually has a target audience and wasn't designed for the COD fan boy's who can't go more then 5 seconds without having something explode. As far as baseball management games go this is actually really good. The actual reviewersIt's obvious people just come here because they see it on the top rated and decide to hate on it because they think it's boring or whatever. In reality this game actually has a target audience and wasn't designed for the COD fan boy's who can't go more then 5 seconds without having something explode. As far as baseball management games go this is actually really good. The actual reviewers gave this game a high score because they reviewed it as a baseball management game and didn't compare it to call of duty or any of that other mass marketed **** I hope anyone who comes here looking for a review on this game only bothers to read the actual reviews instead of the ones written by haters. Then again the people who play this kind of game are probably intelligent enough to understand this. Believe it or not there are actually people who can get entertainment from this game without something exploding or having a level when you gun down civilians. Expand
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    Guys, don't review a game you haven't played. I for one, love this game and I've spent hours building my team. Plus, the 2008 version is FREE!!!
  30. Nov 1, 2011
    Bland and boring to some, great to others. I for one felt like i wasted my money. Bland and boring to some, great to others. I for one felt like i wasted my money.
  31. Oct 9, 2011
    Baseball getting 96% are you **** me???? I was a fan of old classice like hardball on the Amiga back in the day when swinging a bat and hitting a ball was considered gameplay.... but nowadays it's probably one of the most boring sports to make into a video game. Seriously need balancing scores.
  32. Aug 24, 2011
    Limited appeal to an audience, only great fans of baseball would like this game, for the vast majority of people, it simply isn't worth it. So it IS worth a 96/100, but only for baseball fans. For everyone else, it's a dud.
  33. Aug 12, 2011
    OotPB07 is a solid text-based baseball simulation. While the king of this genre is still the great Baseball Mogul series, OotPB07 is still very good. For one, the acquisition system is far better in OotPB than in Mogul. It's prettier graphically, too, with nice menus. However, the game's menus are clunkier than Mogul's. It's a system of trial and error trying to figure out what many of theOotPB07 is a solid text-based baseball simulation. While the king of this genre is still the great Baseball Mogul series, OotPB07 is still very good. For one, the acquisition system is far better in OotPB than in Mogul. It's prettier graphically, too, with nice menus. However, the game's menus are clunkier than Mogul's. It's a system of trial and error trying to figure out what many of the games large amount o fclickablr buttons do.

Overall, OotPB is a great text-based baseball management sim. It's now free, too.
  34. Jul 25, 2011
    Number 2 PC game of all time! Ridiculous. A game should require more than 5 reviews to make it onto the metacritic listing. This game is horribly boring.
  35. Jun 20, 2011
  36. May 21, 2011
    What the hell is this doing in the best games of all time list. Critics really need t o stop getting bribed, and the system should take user reviews into account, as they're the real reviews.
  37. Apr 23, 2011
    11 of the last 17 reviews all contain the same word mis-spelled.
    Can't beleive so many people bougfht a text based sports sim then decided they didn't like text based sports sims. Perhaps they aren't very bright.
    So much better than all the shooters around (that have barely moved on half a step since the original Quake 16 years ago) If you like baseball - and the idea of controlling your
    11 of the last 17 reviews all contain the same word mis-spelled.

If you like baseball - and the idea of controlling your own baseball franchise - then this is the thng for you.
    If you bought it and go "Oh - where are the 3d Graphics, this is a text sim yeuch" then you really aren't that bright are you?
    Is it better than half life 2. (which again strangely the same mis-spelling posters all seem to compare it to) HELL YES. Half Life 2 is a dull as ditchwater on rail shooter. Bang bang - a kiddies game
    Is it better than Mass Effect 2 - oh come on - ME2 is total drivel. Bioware, along with Bethesda are calling any action based game where you can shoose some weapons an "RPG" which is an insult to RPG's
    IS this the second best game of all time.
    Nope. In my opinion it's the best.
  38. Mar 11, 2011
    After playing this yawner of a sports game I had come to one conclusion: Payola can only explain the 100 percent reviews for this piece of junk. The interface is crap, the graphics mediocre and the actually game play is like eating dry toast. Just awful.
  39. Feb 2, 2011
    Most of the bad reviews for this game have nothing to do with the game itself and are just "zomg its totes not deserving of being on the best evar list!!!11!!!"

Review the game, not metacritic.
  40. Jan 28, 2011
    I fail to see how can this game get perfect critic when it fails to provide fun after the first minute. Seems that SI made some fishy deals to get this game up. Anyhow, a complete offense to game makers and players alike.
  41. Jan 17, 2011
  42. ValV
    Jan 12, 2010
    Honestly, this isn't a good game. It simply isn't fun. Doesn't deserve to be better than the orange box. Orange box has given me litterally hundreds of hours of entertainment for £30. No contest.
  43. RobJ
    Dec 31, 2009
    This game sounds great for baseball fans, I'll admit that, and that is the sole reason it is not getting a 0. It has been rated by merely 5, of which 4 I KNOW give high ratings to every game. I dont usually look at sports games, but as this was 2nd, I decided to check it out. I've read some of the reviews, and to be honest with you, I'd rather play Big Rigs: Over the Road This game sounds great for baseball fans, I'll admit that, and that is the sole reason it is not getting a 0. It has been rated by merely 5, of which 4 I KNOW give high ratings to every game. I dont usually look at sports games, but as this was 2nd, I decided to check it out. I've read some of the reviews, and to be honest with you, I'd rather play Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, which has been given a mere 8. I may be wrong about this game, but for me, and many other gamers out there, this should not be in the top10. The reason this has such a high score as 4.6 is because most gamers would barely look at a sports sim. And how can you give this a 10 when you say in the same setence this has no sound? Expand
  44. ShankarP
    Dec 28, 2009
    Spend a little money, buy a high score. This is by no means a good baseball sim... If you are looking for a good fantasy baseball game, this is NOT for you. Full of bugs, the basic build of the game includes MALWARE straight off the CD! The data harvesting has earned the developer and the publisher some hefty international class action lawsuits, and I am surprised to see it has made Spend a little money, buy a high score. This is by no means a good baseball sim... If you are looking for a good fantasy baseball game, this is NOT for you. Full of bugs, the basic build of the game includes MALWARE straight off the CD! The data harvesting has earned the developer and the publisher some hefty international class action lawsuits, and I am surprised to see it has made metacritic's top ten! Expand
  45. JohnnyAnonymous
    Dec 26, 2009
    I had never even heard of this game before this site. It's blows. They say the reviews are weighted, and calculated. Hmmmm... maybe they should FIX the formula. Want an ACCURATE rating? --gamerankings-- search it.
  46. BenjaminK
    Dec 15, 2009
    This might be a great game, but simply caus of the 5 critics this cant be #2 folowing hl²...
  47. dana
    Dec 9, 2009
    Metacritic needs to have a limit of at least 20-30 reviews before a game can get awards like best PC game of the year or be the #2 PC game overall. This is ridiculous. This game is decent, but 96? No way.
  48. Ger
    Dec 8, 2009
    I appreciate that this is game to be marked under its own merits but the fact remains this is NOT AND NEVER WILL BE the 2nd best game ever made. Its very appearance in the top 20 is an insult to gamers and creators alike. /agree Its overrated.
  49. Tom
    Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, I don't generally play any sports games, especially not simulations, since it's not very exciting to me. I play First Person Shooters and Action games. Yet, for so many people who also play the last two genres I mentioned to actively try and destroy the score of a deserving and highly-acclaimed game that's been officially scored by non-amateur video game reviewing Yeah, I don't generally play any sports games, especially not simulations, since it's not very exciting to me. I play First Person Shooters and Action games. Yet, for so many people who also play the last two genres I mentioned to actively try and destroy the score of a deserving and highly-acclaimed game that's been officially scored by non-amateur video game reviewing organizations is just low. I might not play this game, but I will at least give it the benefit of the doubt, in spite of all the other idiots, such as Michael R. Expand
  50. DrewB
    Oct 8, 2009
    Completely boring. I played it and I was expecting the second best game I have ever played. I am not into baseball but I enjoy every type of sports game. I am not into hockey but some of the hockey pc games out there are damn entertaining. Honestly it wasn't that great. I dont see why you guys have it up so high. I still put some of the old games before the newest ones. Like the Completely boring. I played it and I was expecting the second best game I have ever played. I am not into baseball but I enjoy every type of sports game. I am not into hockey but some of the hockey pc games out there are damn entertaining. Honestly it wasn't that great. I dont see why you guys have it up so high. I still put some of the old games before the newest ones. Like the original half-life: Day one was very good. Very rare to see anyone play it today. Expand
  51. Batgra
    Oct 5, 2009
    So unlike most here, i've played the game... and yes, it is a game. It matters not that it falls under a genera that many "general" gamers wouldn't play... It deserves the score that it received just as any other RPG, FPS, RTS, MMO etc. etc. deserves the score they have received.
  52. MrBear
    Sep 23, 2009
    Note that Gamespy gave this game a 100...
    Also not that gamespy gave ES3 - oblivion an 80.

Thats a random boring baseball sim, a perfect score,
    and the second best rpg ever created (morrowind being #1), receiving an 80...
    Anyone starting to wonder about...
    A). Gamespy's legitamacy?
    B). This game's legitamacy?
    C). Meta-critic's legitamacy?
  53. AndreasR
    Sep 3, 2009
    Guys, it's totally unfair to vote against this particular game just because you don't like the metacritics.com concept. IMO you should have played the game before you vote. And if you're not interested in the genre, don't vote here. Just my 2 cents :) Those who played the game, love it.
  54. Hanz
    Aug 20, 2009
    I think it's pathetic that 90% of the user comments here are by people who have never played the game and just wants to come make a negative comment just because it's so high on the list, and because they don't like baseball. It's like giving Half Life a 0 because you don't like killing people in real life. I think this is a fun and great game.
  55. RandyR
    Aug 14, 2009
    I just love how all the KIDS on this forum, who associate the type of graphics a game has, as the only way to judge how good a game is! I'd hate to also break it to you, but not everyone loves frag fest, kill em all, button smashing games either! This game is the gold standard for not only baseball games, but simulation games in general. As an FYI to all you KIDS, there is a much I just love how all the KIDS on this forum, who associate the type of graphics a game has, as the only way to judge how good a game is! I'd hate to also break it to you, but not everyone loves frag fest, kill em all, button smashing games either! This game is the gold standard for not only baseball games, but simulation games in general. As an FYI to all you KIDS, there is a much wider fan base for these games than you and your pixelated blinders can see! Expand
  56. GMan
    Aug 14, 2009
  57. mobius
    Aug 4, 2009
    boring game. and should be taken out of the top rated list on metacritic, just because it only got 5 votes means that it sits at no2 in the all time greats. metacritic should only allow games that have been reviewed by at least 10 different people before it stick it up in the heavins lik they have.
  58. JimG
    Aug 3, 2009
    Ok so the only reason im here is cuz a buddy of mine said that this was the #2 game one meta, and it was the best baseball game ever. Im very skeptical of sports games in general, my view is that if you have one of each sport then u have them all, and this was no exception. football, baseball, soccer, i just have the first one of each i ever bought cuz really they dont actually get any Ok so the only reason im here is cuz a buddy of mine said that this was the #2 game one meta, and it was the best baseball game ever. Im very skeptical of sports games in general, my view is that if you have one of each sport then u have them all, and this was no exception. football, baseball, soccer, i just have the first one of each i ever bought cuz really they dont actually get any more fun as time goes on. This really didn't impress me at all, sure it might stack up well against other games in the genre but this is nothing compared to half life, bioshock, diablo or any other games in the top 10. to put this above 8 other games is an insult the those 8 below it. the average development time for a new sports game is a year or so if its decent. half life 2 was like 3. the only reason this game has the score it does is because it only has 5 reviews and those reviews were given by people who love sports games. If you look at most sports games reviews they are unusually and consistently high anyway. Expand
  59. albertpujols
    Jul 3, 2009
    what i find hilarious is that all the people who downvote have absolutely no affect on the critic rating that shows the game as #2 all time, so keep wasting your time... half-life 2 is great, but this franchise is right up there in terms of revolutionizing a genre of game.
  60. MichaelR.
    Jun 29, 2009
    This game does not deserve to be with the likes Diablo, Quake and Half-Life. When metacritic decides to get some more realistic review scores attached to this game, I would be more than happy to do the same.
  61. NickM
    Jun 20, 2009
    Ok, seriously, you guys are morons. It is not a bad game, it is great actually. It is just specified for a fairly narrow audience. I dont like baseball and i think its for wimps, but its a great baseball simulator for those who are into this genre. It isnt the best game ever either, its an exeptional game for a narrow audience.
  62. DesmondL
    Jun 18, 2009
    Only 5 reviews this games (most of this reviewer is a big fan of baseball), not deserve to hold 2nd place of "Best PC games of all time". And it also less popular PC game in the worldwide.
  63. CryoB
    Jun 17, 2009
    While this game might compare decently against others of it's genre, this type of game in general only appeals to a very limited number of people. The only reason this holds the number two spot for PC games is because very few publications considered it worth their time to review. Those who did were the handful of reviewers who enjoy this type of game. The all-time high score list is While this game might compare decently against others of it's genre, this type of game in general only appeals to a very limited number of people. The only reason this holds the number two spot for PC games is because very few publications considered it worth their time to review. Those who did were the handful of reviewers who enjoy this type of game. The all-time high score list is flawed in that it only requires a game to have four reviews to be counted. The five reviews this game managed to receive leave a very high margin of error. One suggestion would be to require games to have a minimum number of reviews to make the list. Requiring a set minimum would unfortunately have the effect of removing a number of older classic titles from the list, due to the fewer number of publications that metacritic has on file from that time. This could be amended by basing the minimum on the average number of scores that games received in the year of their release. That way, a game released in the last few years with only five reviews would have practically no chance of making the list, but another from the mid 90s might, as the number of available reviews would be comparable to other games from that time. Expand
  64. johns
    Jun 17, 2009
    This game, while an interesting spreadsheet app, is not a game. Futhermore, it cannot be view upon as even encrouching the same plain as such greats as bioshock, oblivion or eve sailor moon. Baseball isnt even that fun anyway.
  65. BenS
    Jun 15, 2009
    Its such a shame that this game is allowed to be seated here. It lets me know that metacritic, despite how good it's system looks, is invariably flawed. A game that most would never dream of caring about, being a 96; who'd of thought. That's like placing little miss muppet e-bakez in 2nd seat and saying, best child cooking simulation EVER!!! It doesn't change the fact Its such a shame that this game is allowed to be seated here. It lets me know that metacritic, despite how good it's system looks, is invariably flawed. A game that most would never dream of caring about, being a 96; who'd of thought. That's like placing little miss muppet e-bakez in 2nd seat and saying, best child cooking simulation EVER!!! It doesn't change the fact that no one cares, no one wants to play it, and it only tarnishes the metacritic image. Also, this is goes out to gamespy, who awarded Oblivion, easily part of the top 3 greatest rpgs of all time, an 80... thats right, greatest rpg, an 80, this game?? 100!!! You lost this fan's respect. Expand
  66. JasonMowers
    May 17, 2009
    I don't care how realistic this game is, because if you're not a fan of baseball (like me) there is no way you could enjoy this game. It's a shame that you see it in the 2nd place of "Best PC games of all time" as it is nowhere near it and actually GOOD games deserve this spot.
  67. AttentionM
    Apr 26, 2009
    This is a statistical baseball speadsheet program. It is not a traditional baseball video game simulation. And it's particular genre, it is without doubt the best game ever produced, thus it's matching rating. Statistical (or "managerial") simulations are not judged on graphics, as the important feature is the stat engine and surrounding features.
  68. JasonM
    Apr 7, 2009
    Best version of the best sports simulation ever made, at least until the most recent iteration comes out. While there have been many titles attempting to simulate baseball, this is the only one that comes close. Add in the insane customization features which allow you to do practically anything you want with the engine (want to run a league using players from 1980 with deadball rules in Best version of the best sports simulation ever made, at least until the most recent iteration comes out. While there have been many titles attempting to simulate baseball, this is the only one that comes close. Add in the insane customization features which allow you to do practically anything you want with the engine (want to run a league using players from 1980 with deadball rules in modern ballparks with modern financial rules and a salary cap? No sweat.) and it's a clear winner. Expand
  69. BobBob
    Mar 28, 2009
  70. GregL
    Mar 3, 2009
    This isn't a game, it's a spreadsheet with pretty graphics. The 'game' content here just doesn't compare to the other real games in the top 20 list. It's easy to make crap like this but making Half-Life 2, BIoshock or even Quake is much much harder. Take this spreadsheet down!
  71. PedroS
    Jan 27, 2009
    For many years I have only played Excel, R and matlab. Out of the Park Baseball is definitely equal to these other gaming classics but it does lack the ability to plot functions particularly well. Hopefully the next release will rectify this.
  72. JoeJ
    Jan 3, 2009
    A baseball simulation, like any other baseball simulation. By the way get it off the top list, it has no business being up their with halflife. Even 1 of the 5 critics begins by saying "its not a perfect game.." - well there are several other games on the top list that ARE perfect games.
  73. JohnW
    Dec 5, 2008
    This game is terrible, and should NOT in any way appear in this list. This game has only got this position, and I mean ONLY, because of the frigging 5 reviews it has received. NO GAME can receive this position along with Half-Life 2 because "5 reviews" said so. This should be get AWAY from Metacritic. Nobody knows about this game, this game definitely do NOT deserve this position.
  74. BruceD.
    Oct 12, 2008
    Wow, this game does not even compare with the others that are on this Top list... This game entry should be manually edited to reflect reality. Since I've actually played this game, I'd give it a rating of 3/10, but it's getting a 0/10 as this rating system is ridiculous.
  75. ScottD.
    Oct 8, 2008
    Stunning in its depth, OOTP is simply the best simulation of a real life activity yet put into game form. Yes, Strat-O-Matic offers real players but it doesn't begin to compare with OOTP's depth. And, it's very easy to import any or all players from any year, any major league, any team for FREE! SOM does offer a completely transparent game engine which allows for precise Stunning in its depth, OOTP is simply the best simulation of a real life activity yet put into game form. Yes, Strat-O-Matic offers real players but it doesn't begin to compare with OOTP's depth. And, it's very easy to import any or all players from any year, any major league, any team for FREE! SOM does offer a completely transparent game engine which allows for precise player evaluations, but that is not at all realistic. If GM's could accurately predict how players will perform than Steinbrenner's Yankees would win every year. No, OOTP, with its economic engine combined with a somewhat unpredictable player development and aging offers a complete replacement universe of MLB without the greedy owners and self-important players. Very worthy selection better even than the legendary Earl Weaver series. Expand
  76. JamesT.
    Oct 7, 2008
    It's a decent enough baseball simulation but the lack of sound totally ruins it for me, i'll go back to wii sports baseball purely for the smash of the ball.
  77. DylanR
    Oct 4, 2008
    It doesn't matter how "good" this game is. It's a baseball sim, and it pollutes the high ranks of the PC games. It's high up due to a fluke, only about 5 reviews that were high.
  78. FranjoR.
    Oct 3, 2008
    Sorry Fred F, I vote since there is no other comment system I can see - but I gave it a higher than average rating, at least! Now for my point: With no more than FIVE critic scores, this shouldn't get such a prominent place on Metacritic. You may say that there must be a way for underdogs/black horses/whatever to break through the media hype of the big titles, but I think they will Sorry Fred F, I vote since there is no other comment system I can see - but I gave it a higher than average rating, at least! Now for my point: With no more than FIVE critic scores, this shouldn't get such a prominent place on Metacritic. You may say that there must be a way for underdogs/black horses/whatever to break through the media hype of the big titles, but I think they will even if you don't flag this as the BEST GAME EVER! Maybe you should have a genre system, maybe add a parameter for number of reviews, requiring at least 10 for a game to get the full value from the scores. This way a few fanboy critics have skewed the rating of this game brutally - though I'm sure the immense number of baseball game lovers all over the world really like this. Expand
  79. AndreiM.
    Sep 30, 2008
    This is a bad joke, this game cannot be compared to Half Life saga. How could you put it in the 2nd position of all time games??? I never heard of it, neither my friends.
  80. BrainK.
    Aug 13, 2008
    The game may be nice to play, but it basically is overrated. its kind of funny to see it with the legendary, superb games up at the highest ranks.
  81. EdF.
    Jun 22, 2008
    No, it doesn't have fancy 3d graphics, full 3d 5.1 surround sound. In fact, it doesn't have any sound. But what it does have is depth. Simply put, it's a great baseball simulation. Probably the best ever in the genre.
  82. PhilT.
    Jun 18, 2008
    Buying this was a major mistake - fans of (American) baseball need only apply - for the other 99.9% of people, steer clear.
  83. IanS.
    May 28, 2008
    I have no idea how this can be included among the classics such as Half Life, Half Life 2, The Orange Box and Bioshock! How did this happen!?
  84. AnonymousMC
    May 6, 2008
    FUCK U METACRITIC FUCK U MOTEHRFUCKER AND MOTEHR FUCKERS READING THIS. FUCK ALL FUCKING SPORTS. FUCK ALL FUCK BASSBALL. FUCK FUCKING OUT OF SHOT BASSBALL 07 THIS IS SHOT. ALL OF U MOTHERFUCKING CRITICS AND MOTERHFUCKERS THAT GAVE THIS SHIT ANY SCORE OR A GOOD SCVORE ARE NOBOIDES AHVE NO LIFE WILL NEVER HAVE NO LIFE AND U AN D U ALL THAT ARE READING THIS THIS SHTI A FUCKING FUCKING TOPFUCK U METACRITIC FUCK U MOTEHRFUCKER AND MOTEHR FUCKERS READING THIS. FUCK ALL FUCKING SPORTS. FUCK ALL FUCK BASSBALL. FUCK FUCKING OUT OF SHOT BASSBALL 07 THIS IS SHOT. ALL OF U MOTHERFUCKING CRITICS AND MOTERHFUCKERS THAT GAVE THIS SHIT ANY SCORE OR A GOOD SCVORE ARE NOBOIDES AHVE NO LIFE WILL NEVER HAVE NO LIFE AND U AN D U ALL THAT ARE READING THIS THIS SHTI A FUCKING FUCKING TOP FUCKING GAME FOR PC FUCK U FUCK U FUCK UF CUKF U FUCK U FUCK U COMPLETELRY AND TATLLY FUCK U U SHOULD JUST CUT OFF URE BALLS AND PUT IT IN YOUR ASS FUKINGIN METACRTITIC DELETE THIS FUKCING SITE ADELETE THIS GAME. THIS GAME FUCKING GAME U SAY IS OHH ONE OF BEST PC GAMES WELL FUCKING FCUK U METACRITIC FUCK U FUUUUUUKC U FUCKKK U FUCK OUT OF PARK BASEBALL07 FUCK METACTRIC THIS IS NOT A TOP PC GAME AOH AND ONE MORE THING YEHA FUCK U FUCK U FUCK FU F CUKF U FUCK U FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK U FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKC U OH AYEAH AND FUUUUKC U, OMNE MORE THING FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK U METACRIC. AND FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK OUT OF PARK BASSBALL THIS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKING SHIHHIT SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK AOH YEAH AND COMPLETLEY AND TYATALLY FUCK YOUR LIFE METACRITC Expand
  85. DavidG
    Apr 29, 2008
    No simulation capability and very boring. Strat-o-matic and older board games are far superior. If the makers come up with a workable simulation game based on "real" players, maybe the game would be better.
  86. FredF.
    Apr 23, 2008
    Wow, there are some really dumb people making comments here. If you haven't played the game, don't comment. It just makes you look stupid. This is an incredible game, filled with replay value. It is the best baseball sim game on the market.
  87. TomP.
    Apr 22, 2008
    Sure, baseball fans may love the game, but this game does not have universal acclaim - or anything approaching universal acclaim. It sits very uncomfortably with the classic PC games listed alongside it. Have I played it? No. After reading the reviews I have no desire at all to play it. Have I played every other game listed in the top 20? Yes - as I suspect most PC gamers of any long term Sure, baseball fans may love the game, but this game does not have universal acclaim - or anything approaching universal acclaim. It sits very uncomfortably with the classic PC games listed alongside it. Have I played it? No. After reading the reviews I have no desire at all to play it. Have I played every other game listed in the top 20? Yes - as I suspect most PC gamers of any long term standing would have. It is unfortunate Out of the Park Baseball effectively mars what is otherwise a classic collection of games. Expand
  88. JohnV
    Mar 9, 2008
  89. ShakeN.
    Feb 3, 2008
    Wow thats lame, i think someone hacked the server and put the under 20 scores (all 5 of them) in the 100 category. disgraceful, and stupid. 5 reviews..... absolute crap. This game beats bioshock, half life , halo 1,2,3, and Fable. Absolute sh*t.
  90. SkeratarB.
    Jan 11, 2008
    This game can be a good one in its own category. But there is no way that it can be better than many of the greatest games in PC gaming history. I think this is biased.
  91. RobM.
    Jan 7, 2008
    Allows you to create as addictive a baseball universe as you want. Excellent game that's been around for ages. The "twitch and click" RTS crowd may not grasp but then this isn't for them is it?
  92. DanderooM.
    Jan 6, 2008
    I gave it a 10. This game allows you to design your own baseball universe and it is very realistic statistically. There are a hundred ways to play the game. OOTPB is answer to my baseball dream. It is well worth the price. I would pay $100 for it if necessary. But it does have a stiff learning curve. But has a 500 page manual with it to help you out. Lazy gamers should stay clear.
  93. HarrisonF.
    Jan 5, 2008
    Generic unfun game, does not deserve to be in top 5.
  94. ChrisS.
    Jan 3, 2008
    Stat based simulations may not be every ones cup of tea. Baseball may not be your game, but if it is, this is the game for a statistical wild ride. Re-create the world of baseball the way you want, from any time period - past, present and future.
  95. Brinnon
    Jan 3, 2008
    Overall, this game is very nice. I have played it nonstop since it came out. It is very in depth and those that do not like baseball and everything that goes on behind the scenes will not like this game. However, if you baseball...you'll love this game.
  96. MikeW.
    Jan 3, 2008
    The most immersive game I have ever played. Sure you don't have the visual action of other great games, but this games ability to suspend your reality is unbelievable. The more I play it, the more I find myself thinking about my little pieces of code as real baseball players. Fantastic game!
  97. BillB.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Excellent baseball sim, the best available on PC. The depth and breadth of the game is unmatched. I have played numerous other baseball sims and OOTP 2007 is the most realistic and the most enjoyable to play.
  98. ChristopherC.
    Jan 2, 2008
    A grat baseball sim for true fans of the sport. If you're all about glitz and 3D graphics, this is not the game for you. If you love baseball, you'll love OOTP.
  99. JeffR.
    Jan 2, 2008
    May be surprising to some that it was given such a high rating for being a text sim but for any that have played it more than a week it is dollar for dollar one of the best purchases you will ever make. It's not a game that is supposed to compete with graphics based games, but if you have a bit of an imagination it doesn't matter. After a very poor 2006 version the 2007 version May be surprising to some that it was given such a high rating for being a text sim but for any that have played it more than a week it is dollar for dollar one of the best purchases you will ever make. It's not a game that is supposed to compete with graphics based games, but if you have a bit of an imagination it doesn't matter. After a very poor 2006 version the 2007 version blows it out of the water and is close to perfection. Expand
  100. S.W.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Easily the best baseball simulation ever made. Player aging, career arcs, stats, are all very true to life . Joystick jockies need not apply OOTP is not about how fast you can react. It instead is about being able to put together a baseball team from the Major Leagues all the way down to complete minor leagues. The statistics kept by OOTP rival what baseball reference.com has on their Easily the best baseball simulation ever made. Player aging, career arcs, stats, are all very true to life . Joystick jockies need not apply OOTP is not about how fast you can react. It instead is about being able to put together a baseball team from the Major Leagues all the way down to complete minor leagues. The statistics kept by OOTP rival what baseball reference.com has on their website. If you are not into major league baseball perhaps you'd like to manage in the Japanese leagues or perhaps you'd like to create a fictional baseball world. It's all possible with OOTP 2007. OOTP provides countless hours of entertainment and then when the 2008 version or OOTP (will be titled OOTP 9) comes out you don't have to start a new game. Simply import your current game into the new version and continue on getting all the benefits of the new features that are added to the game. Expand

If you have any interest in the guts of baseball, OOTP 2007 is simply a must-own product. It's a landmark achievement. It's weird to think about it: It took a London-based company known for its soccer management games and a German-born developer with a passion for the sport to produce arguably the best and most complete simulation of America's Pastime.
    Anyone who's ever dreamed of running a professional team in some capacity, or anyone who enjoys fantasy baseball, baseball board games, or similar products, will absolutely love what OOTP 2007 offers. Any criticisms of the game are merely trivial; in the end it comes down to this: This is the best “fantasy” baseball gaming package ever created.
  3. AceGamez
    Out of the Park Baseball 2007 is not a perfect game, as it lacks the human touch that fills baseball and its general manager positions, but there are so many aspects that it digitally replicates with excellence that this doesn't matter.