6.2

1. Jun 12, 2015
    I really like WW2 pacifc games. The best I have played was PacWar from the late 90s. I decided to give PSA a try as it was very inexpensive (and older) on steam.

The game is very clunky with most commands being counter-intuitive. Still the strategic game seemed fun once I got the hang of it. Still clunky like MOO 3. Drill down and do "x" and you can only create groups of ships that are computer approved and so on.

Combat, I was hoping was like TF 1942 the old Microprose game. Not quite, graphics were sub par but that was not a big deal for me. What most disappointed me was trying to get your ships and aircraft to do much of anything was terrible and the game always started the two sides facing each other at a distance of about 4 km or so. Now an Iowa should be able to blow a Jap cruiser out of the water with ease. The range on the guns is 25 miles or something. I could never get them to shoot the big guns. And when I got frustrated and let the computer run the game, I end up hearing that my carrier TF with 2 or 3 carriers 3 Iowas and so on was destroyed, to a ship, by some DDs and 2 cruisers that sunk the game for me. Save your money.
  2. GaryDT
    Jan 24, 2010
    minor gameplay issues but overall one of the best WWII naval/air games out there. I do not use the combat interfaces but rather let the AI handle these as I have no decent controllers nor hand eye coordination.
  3. WilliamC
    Apr 23, 2008
    This is one of the best game I played. Bugs don't really bother me, (Because I didn't have any for months) but in depth gameplay and great graphics makes this game my favorite.
  4. LloydL.
    Jun 18, 2007
    Considering the graphics, gameplay and style this game was produced, i'd say its great and perfect for me coz I love war games, both rts and fps especially air and naval battles.

1. Overall there is probably not enough in here to make it worth upgrading if you already own the previous version. The new additions and tweaks are all very welcome and should encourage more people to enjoy what is a solid and fascinating game. That said, if you are a war fanatic, as some of us war gamers tend to be, then you will obviously lap up the new features and get a lot more value out of the game.
  2. AceGamez
    It's not a game that'll rise over the better-publicised Battlestations: Midway, but Pacific Storm: Allies is more than just a cheap copy - it's a difficult but satisfyingly fulfilling game that those who persevere may ultimately find more rewarding than the arcade action that Battlestations provides.
  3. There’s certainly enough depth here to entertain most combat veterans and with a little more in the way of new content it would no doubt have done better following on the success of Battlestations: Midway. Overall an entertaining history lesson that doesn’t let a few minor flaws spoil the fun.