May 16, 2012Recurring evil is not a bad game. It's just that Painkiller, in its current form, has ran its course. It's imperative to make that bold step ahead, to make sweeping changes across the board. With 5 or 6 new levels every semester or two, and all the rest features remaining absolutely the same, it only manages to shrink its target group. Revival, now! [May 2012]
May 9, 2012If there could be an additional title to this game it should be Vomits of God... Most of the games you play in a browser are far better than this unholy piece of awkwardness. [May 2012]
Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 29 Ratings
Mar 6, 2012This game is total crap. Fatal, I repeat, fatal graphics, no storyline, and much worse than the previous games. I's so sad that I must giveThis game is total crap. Fatal, I repeat, fatal graphics, no storyline, and much worse than the previous games. I's so sad that I must give that rating but sorry... My rating - 0! / 10… Full Review »
Mar 28, 2012This is a small fan made project intended for die-hard fans of the PainKiller games. There are five new maps and the rest of the content isThis is a small fan made project intended for die-hard fans of the PainKiller games. There are five new maps and the rest of the content is recycled from past games, however I think one new weapon is included but was disabled when I played the game on release. I believe this entry came about because of some positive response from the previous "Redemption" entry. Please note that Recurring Evil has some serious issues on x64 platforms, though these may have been resolved since through updates.… Full Review »
Nov 19, 2014This is nothing more than a "map pack" for Painkiller with a grand total of FIVE levels (about 25mins long each).
- Levels are lackluster.This is nothing more than a "map pack" for Painkiller with a grand total of FIVE levels (about 25mins long each).
- Levels are lackluster. They are more open than in the previous game ("Redemption") but still nowhere near the quality of the original.
- Enemies, weapons and music are ripped straight out of previous games (maybe 2-3 new music tracks or variations).
- Story consists of two text-only mini videos of basically nonsense.
- Demon mode is almost useless because enemies spawn one by one on the same 4 spots on each room/area.
- Secrets are few and easy to find.
- As a new feature exclusive to this game there are NO GRAPHIC OPTIONS WHATSOEVER, you even have to edit an .ini file to change the resolution (!?).
I give it a 3 because it's mostly functional and somewhat better than Redemption and Resurrection. Even Overdose is a masterpiece compared to this. Buy it only if it's almost free and you want to play 5 new (although mediocre) levels… Full Review »