5.2

1. Feb 28, 2011
    My only gripe was that being new to the series, it pretty much just tosses you in after a short text scrolling introduction to the story, and there's no tutorial. After a week, however, the company has released an update with a brief tutorial. Good job, glad to see dedication to fixes! Feels like an old DOOM 2 game, simple, pick up ammo n money, kill everything. Quite fun!
  2. Jul 8, 2011
    To be honest this was the first game in the painkiler franchise that I played. "oh good" I thought, I can finally see what all the fuss is about. The game is gory, fast paced, the weapons are imaginative, the levels are diverse, and the the enemies are relentless. So why does it bore me? though there are plenty of weapons and all of them with secondary fire but they're all introduced atTo be honest this was the first game in the painkiler franchise that I played. "oh good" I thought, I can finally see what all the fuss is about. The game is gory, fast paced, the weapons are imaginative, the levels are diverse, and the the enemies are relentless. So why does it bore me? though there are plenty of weapons and all of them with secondary fire but they're all introduced at the start and are almost identical between the two characters that you play as aside from a few. There are allot of enemies but they suffer from the rpg-issue of being reskined. There are a few enemies with special abilities but since you literally kill thousands of enemies every level you will already have them smeared across a nearby wall before they can become a real threat. The arena-like progression almost seems like a rule in the level design. They try to mix it up but every area that you fight enemies in will be in some kind of boring and wide open space. I only recommend painkiller redemption if your a hardcore fan of the series and I don't represent fans but I can't help but feel like even they might be tired of the series since there's four other expansion packs already. Expand

1. Oct 3, 2011
    Redemption is enjoyable if you're a fan of the series or just have a hankering for mindless shooting, but everyone else should probably steer clear.
  2. Oct 3, 2011
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 22, 2011
    While this may sound like a marketing victory Redemption takes you on a journey into the real game of hell. [Issue#203]