4.4

1. Jan 5, 2012
    As a serious hardcore fan of Painkiller (yes I even liked Overdose), this one had so much potential but was in the end a technical trainwreck. The maps were fairly diverse (but way too few of them), and they had some imaginative and fairly creepy aspects. There was definitely some atmosphere here - which was half the charm of the originals. But the bugs here are horrific, and the poor thing sputters and crashes - like the engine was an amateur drunk on New Year's Eve or something. The graphics suffer because of it. The monsters are crappy and crude, and gameplay definitely lacks compared to the original - which had plenty of bugs on its own. The one saving grace is that you can play bots by yourself in the multiplayer mode, which is nice because PK is sooo buggy that you can never get online to play anyone else. Ever. As an avid fan, I enjoyed it just because it was painkiller and had that spooky thing. But for anyone else, I gotta say stay clear. If this crew got together w/ the developers of the latest PK (Redemption - which was dull but bug-free), they would really have something someday. Expand
  2. Sep 21, 2011
    Well... there's not much like about this game except you can find cheats on the Internet that will get you through the boring parts of the game, which is pretty much most of the game. The game crashed a lot and I couldn't find a patch to fix anything. The graphics were OK in spots but the sound was not so good, a few times I just turned the sound off on my speakers. The silence was golden.

1. Painkiller: Resurrection is a buggy trip into hell.
  2. The fourth part of the Painkiller series plays just like the other ones. Using weapons like the painkiller you're fighting lots of weird opponents like axe-wielding monks or pirate zombies. As usual they act dumb, there is no AI to speak of. It's a game to play casually for 30 minutes now and then and doesn't aspire to be anything else.
  3. Painkiller: Resurrection is a bugfest. It is technically outdated and the co-op mode is hidden between the menus. There is no way to make this multiplayer mode work well.