8.0

1. Aug 13, 2010
    Bloody massacre coupled with unusual weapons. One of the first big titles with Havok physics.
    This is most unexpected game which rightfully earned AAA status in gamers' minds shortly after release.
  2. Oct 8, 2011
    A game that isn't ashamed to be what it is. A really simple, over the top deathathon, with great and varied weapons. A flashback to the good old days, and I applaud it for that.
  3. Jan 9, 2012
    This is one of the two games that Yahtzee or Zero Punctuation likes over at the Escapists means it's actually good.

To quote him "The story can go **** itself... (more problems with the game) ... But any criticism I find is immediatly squashed when I remember there is a gun that shoots Shurigans and Lightning.

The way I felt about it.
  4. Nov 6, 2011
    Genial música, física muy buena. Me encanta ver como despedazo a los monstruos. Un buen surtido de armas, cada una con sus pros y contras. Jefes finales... cinematicas....Esta traducido a varios idiomas incluido las voces. Para mi es un FPS 10.
  5. May 10, 2012
    Though it has its bugs and frustrations, I really can't say enough good things about Painkiller. At least the first two, and Overdose (included in Black Edition) is awfully cool too, but lacks some of the charm of the first. It's probably still my favorite after five years and countless other games. The fighting is insanely cool, though a bit repetitive. But mostly, its atmosphere and creep factor can't be beat. Incredible, awe-inspiring maps. Pretty darned creepy monsters. Finding secrets is quite an interesting challenge as well. It scares you. It thrills you. It awes you. Wish the subsequent sequels lived up to the original. But alas, Painkiller was a landmark - and still seminal and stand-alone in the horror world. Plenty of good sci fi games. Only one good horror one - and that's PK Expand
  6. May 21, 2012
    FPS the way it should be! At least according to old-school fans.... Considered by many to be more deserving of the name "Doom 3" than the actual one, this game takes everything that made up the classics, and pushes them to 11! ___Extremely vast choice of weapons, each of them more impressive and satisfying to use (that is, slaughter with).

Also, impressive architecture, but just as the
    "no punctuation" review says, if you spend longer than 30 seconds without shooting, you're doing it wrong. Expand
  7. Jun 12, 2013
    This is a great game. It has such good gameplay. It is more satisfying than any modern shooter like Call of duty or battlefield. This is the demonic love child of old school shooters like doom, quake and serious Sam, mixed with the graphics of 2004. Admittedly, I can't get past the first level of the demo, but I'm not that great at shooters, so don't think the game is too hard. If you liked games like serious Sam, you will love this game, The only complaints are the story is bad and, this isn't a complaint, I just think it's a bit difficult, but that's just me. A great game, and well worth your time and money. Expand
  8. Jul 14, 2013
    The gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

1. A good choice for folks who want to wind down at the end of the day with a fast-paced diversion that requires absolutely no brainpower to master and enjoy.
  2. You'll need a fairly souped up machine and graphics card to get the most out of Painkiller but if you have yearned for the return of games like "Serious Sam," "Doom" and the original "Quake" your next stop is Purgatory. Tell 'em I sent you.
  3. I love it. I became addicted to this game very quickly. My wife is starting to get jealous now.