7.9

1. Feb 3, 2014
    We have 2014..and they still make games like that.. which is basically copy of turn based strategy games from 90's..20 years passed and you still cant think of doing something new?

But i wouldnt mind that at all to be honest.. IF it was done right. But they **** it up, and heres why. SO youre comanding front/ army group. for example.. campaing in poland.. and your units suppose to

SO youre comanding front/ army group. for example.. campaing in poland.. and your units suppose to represent ..div?/reg/ bat? ok.. so we can order aa for example flak 36 or something, wait a minute..whole unit flak36? hm.. how about tanks? pzr 2? at ? So units actually represent single units..but they are placed on grand scale map scenario and they are switched to div./bat/reg? HOW THOSE THAT MAKE SENSE???

It dosent..instead of making like Eastern front.. battle on "local" level..where you started with your own platoon.. and every single unit in that platoon were represented..so you had 4 tanks in platoon.. and while go thru campaing you slowly progressed ..and in the end you could comand whole **** DIVISION..with ALL units..from HQ Arty..truck horses..to inf..tanks and so on..
    nobody of course expect them idiots to do that..but just make game that makes sense..

IF youre going for large scale strategy.. make units appropriety to this scale.. morons.
    I wont even mention mechanics of that game..its simple as hell...

Score = 1...i think its too much ..cause they coopy game.. and **** it up.. but hey they did something.
    LORDZ GAMES STUDIO.. are idiots and beware of their games.
  2. Aug 2, 2014
    Pass on this turd..Buy Panzer general 2,3 or play the free version of PG1...So unimmersive and an unoriginal letdown...Check out John Tillers Campaign series(Talonsoft eat Front)...A rip off too,in more than one way.
  3. Apr 11, 2013
    Copied from a classic. Slitherine hasn't released anything original on its own for a long time. Thieves? Perhaps. Likely. I prefer the old Panzer General over Panzer Corps to this day! Sad no other competent publisher couldn't think of this idea instead of Slitherine.
  4. Dec 21, 2014
    a classic game reworked
    but destroyed by the price of it, it isn't that much better than the originals
    and you can buy the whole series of those for less than the price of the core game in this series
    some nice looking dlc's but again really over priced
    its a 6 or 7 game that loses points for the cost
    unless this is heavily discounted on a steam sale don't bother
  5. DC0
    Jan 9, 2015
    I'm 35 years old now and I'm fan of strategy and tactics games. Words "Panzer General" bring warm feelings to my heart.
    Synopsis: if you feel nostalgia, install “Panzer General II”, but never buy “Panzer Corps”.
    For details read on. “Panzer Corps” is indeed like good old Panzer General II with improved (?) graphics. And that's all good I can say about this game. Graphics is awful for
    For details read on.
    Graphics is awful for 2011. Yeah, I know "graphics is not important for strategy game" mantra. It is just an excuse for lazy developers. In fact, everybody likes everything nice.
    Now about main feature: strategy.
    You cannot rename your units in this game. While in battle, should you send "Elite replacements" or just "Replacements" to this particular unit? Developers considered you should write down names of your core units in your notepad.
    "The bigger - the better". Nazi dream brought to virtual life in “Panzer Corps”! You just upgrade you units to fattest versions to be happy. Seems not realistic to me.
    I consider "Panzer General III: Scorched Earth" best game in series because it had brilliant concept of action points: every unit had action points it could you actively (moving, firing, resupplying, changing transport mode, etc.) in single attack turn or passively, like being suppressed by enemy artillery fire while in defense turn. In “Panzer General III” 105mm leFH was in fact superior to 155mm leFH thanks to high rate of fire (many action points). “Camouflage” concept in “Panzer General III” was brilliant as well. Units retreated when badly hurt so you had to chase them down to finish them... All that is realistic!
    In “Panzer Corps” infantry is useless. Enemy infantry just delays your progress slightly each turn.
    In “Panzer Corps” you cannot disband your core units. Not a problem? Consider this then: this game also limits quantity of your core units on particular map. So “choose wisely” ;)

A great "remake" of a timeless classic without any real flaws. Who would have suspected with a cover this ugly?
  2. Sep 18, 2011
    If you have never played Panzer General, this almost carbon copy of SSI's masterpiece may easily blow your mind.
  3. Sep 16, 2011
    Wether you are a Panzer General-veteran or just a newbie who wants to try a wargame that isn't absurdly complicated or demands that you read a rulebook the size of the bible, Panzer Corps is the game to get.