Paradise PC

• Release Date: May 3, 2006
8.5

1. DannyCarlson
    May 10, 2006
    There's nothing like it right now. In an age where almost every new release for the PC is some kind of shooter or tactical war game, it's so refreshing to play a smart, deep, well thought out adventure. Perhaps this is the game we need to give the adventure genre the jump start it needs. More like this one, please!
    May 9, 2006
    Sokal is a master. his stories unfold before you and bring you into his beautiful sad worlds. he gives the whole game depth.
  3. Roelo
    Feb 4, 2009
    Even with the patches stil bugs. Bad bugs. A real disappointment if you compare it with the other Sokal games. A real shame because the game had so much potential. Ending sucks but that is often the case in games. No humor, storyklines not logical, gameplay. A bit of a (real) waste of time, if I wasn't such an adventure fan I would rate it lower.
  4. GordyF.
    May 10, 2006
    I've read positive reviews (most of them) and negative. All I can say is that I don't think the negative reviewers were paying attention. What do these people WANT in a game? It boggles the mind to think that anyone could have not thoroughly enjoyed this one. If this one doesn't do it for them, perhaps it's time for those people to find a new hobby.
  5. GildaI.
    May 10, 2006
    Despite an abrupt ending (the only reason this gets a 9 instead of 10), I had the time fo my life playing this game. And please don't be discouraged by the mention of an abrupt ending, everything else was stellar and there are hints that there may be another installment in the works. I certainly hope so, this is a priceless gem.
  6. JTT
    May 10, 2006
    The pre-release reviews I read gave an undeserved favorable impression of Paradise. I've enjoyed all of Benoit Sokal's previous games, so I'm extremely disappointed and surprised at how poorly done Paradise is. Poor controls (I would have liked to play the leopard, but the cursor jumped so violently I had to skip all three times!), numerous bugs, the predominately olive/tan The pre-release reviews I read gave an undeserved favorable impression of Paradise. I've enjoyed all of Benoit Sokal's previous games, so I'm extremely disappointed and surprised at how poorly done Paradise is. Poor controls (I would have liked to play the leopard, but the cursor jumped so violently I had to skip all three times!), numerous bugs, the predominately olive/tan color scene became painful to look at, and the ending was completely bizarre. There is no humor at all and the constant abuse of nearly every animal you encounter was depressing. I played to the end all the while hoping it would improve, but it only got worse. This game was clearly a rush job and is not worth buying. Expand
  7. RogerJackson
    Apr 29, 2006
    A lot of people act like "point and click" is bad, but sometimes you just need to play a game that's not a snob-fest of "realism." This game is a lot of fun, and it's laid back. You're not running around killing people, and that's a GOOD thing. Thanks, Ubi. Their best game since Prince of Persia 3.
  8. KylePit
    Apr 29, 2006
    absolutely gorgeous. i'm not even much of a gamer, but a friend of mine who works for ubisoft told me about this super under-marketed game, and i gave it a shot. i'm an aspiring artist, and and VERY inspired by the artwork in this game. it is just breathtaking. check this one out if only for the visuals.

1. A difficult game, like a classic can be a "difficult book". Its lack of polish and some appalling design choices definitely reduce the enjoyment. Its decision to keep the best of both plot and gameplay for the latter stages demands that the player have some faith in the developers to keep going on.
  2. While not the best of the best, it still ranks above average in terms of interest and playability.
  3. Paradise looks great, but the dull story and uneven challenge make it a completely unenjoyable game.