• Publisher: Aspyr
  • Release Date: Sep 27, 2006
8.3

1. May 20, 2014
    Its capped at 28-30 fps for literally no reason. I truly wish I could find some way to disable this ridiculous locked framerate, but that's not even the worst thing about "Paraworld." It manages to hardly reinvent anything RTS-wise, which means if you've played the Empire Earth games or Warcraft, you're probably going to see some obvious similarities. This is unfortunate, since I wasIts capped at 28-30 fps for literally no reason. I truly wish I could find some way to disable this ridiculous locked framerate, but that's not even the worst thing about "Paraworld." It manages to hardly reinvent anything RTS-wise, which means if you've played the Empire Earth games or Warcraft, you're probably going to see some obvious similarities. This is unfortunate, since I was under the impression that the game was about ACTUAL dinosaurs- not tribes of cavemen or a terribly generic single player campaign with the worst voice acting I've yet to hear in a game from this genre (which is saying a lot). I would like to spend more time with the game, but it will be from its skirmish modes, not its single player, as that has left me with a very sour feeling about the entire game so far. I will give it props for utilizing combat mechanics a "little" bit differently and trying a few new things, but its not exactly a good clone of anything nor is it original enough to set itself apart from far better titles from the same year i.e. Company of Heroes. Again, its a shame. The game never really had a chance, but this is why the industry is all about timing these days and when you release a game into a market like the RTS genre at present- you're just going to get eaten up. Expand
  2. Jun 23, 2013
    Paraworld is the game i will always love. After all these years, i can play it without problems, and with some bug fix for W7 and mappack made by the community.
    Well, this game did not have recognition, and it should.
    Well, this game did not have recognition, and it should.
    You are thrown into a world where dinosaurs roam the land and different tribes wage war on each other for the control of resources (wood, rock and food). Each of the three tribes have distinctly units and buildings and their own tamed dinosaurs. Mounted rhinos, war-mammoths, prehistoric...steam-warships, guarding water-snakes the list of original ideas is endless !

Finally, an excellent RTS Ubisoft should do a Paraworld 2.. without spoiling the good ideas, wich remains very good today.

1. There's a lot of fun to be had discovering the different units and strategies. This isn't a great RTS, and it's likely to be forgotten this time next year. But it is a good RTS and it's well worth your time.
  2. The backstory turns out to be garbled, annoying claptrap. Getting kids to design your civs is inspired. Getting them to concoct your plots is less wise. [Nov 2006, p.78]
    Paraworld is more than worthy of getting hold of, certainly if you fancy a taste of dino action but don't quite know where to start the search for time-travelling warp gates.