• Publisher: Kalypso
  • Release Date: Sep 24, 2010
5.9

1. Sep 28, 2010
    This "sequel" to patrician 3 is nothing but. The game feels familiar but it is a poor rehash, filled with bugs and a dreadful UI. If you liked patrician 3, stay away from this one until the next few patches. There is absolutely no gameplay enhancements.
  2. Mar 8, 2012
    I spent countless hours playing Patrician 3 and still do on occasion. Sadly Patrician 4 is nothing I expected it to be. Much like all nowadays' sequels it is dumbed down a notch and the UI is worse. It would have been better to remake Patrician 3 with widescreen support and added features. I especially dislike how automatic trading is done in this game.
  3. Oct 8, 2010
    This was the first Patrician I ever tried- and the last. After watching the instructional video 3 times I tried for 10 minutes to make a simple trade. No succes. I have played a whole lot of sim games, but I never saw anything as convoluted as this. I'll give a point for the mediocre music, and a point fot the mediocre graphics.
  4. May 27, 2011
    The game has some wonderful graphics, but ends up plagued with gameplay trouble. The fact that a large map of the north of Europe tends to be the screen you are on a majority of the time means that much of the impressive detail is lost. The gameplay itself often forcing you to click through different screens to accomplish simple selections, making what could be a simple and enjoyable game much more taxing to play. The main gameplay mechanic of trading goods to earn a profit (with the option of making them) sounds interesting in concept, but quickly becomes a continual grind. The overcomplicated development of "trade routes" to have ships automatically trade is rife with problems and only serves to have the game play itself (with the actual player only creating the occasional ship or claiming the occasional port). This game is probably best for those who are looking for an easy spreadsheet-style game. Expand
  5. Jul 31, 2011
    stick to the previous Patrician's games because this game a â

1. Aug 8, 2011
    Patrician IV is most certainly the best game in the series. It triumphs with a vast array of options, better audio and visuals and atmosphere. I have no doubt that the game will turn out to be a success - fans of the series can buy it without hestation but everyone else should think twice.
  2. Feb 11, 2011
    Clearly isn't the game for everyone. [Feb 2011, p.68]
  3. Jan 20, 2011
    A game dedicated to pure strategy fans. There's a lack of options and multiplayer modes though, and some more polish could've done good to the whole experience.