Payday 2 PC

3.4

1. Oct 16, 2015
    Payday 2 is a fun game. The recent update to the game adds microtransaction in the form of gun skins that add stat bonuses. Stat bonus aside, I would normally not care much about such an addition but this does not work in this game. Payday 2 has a base cost to the game, and on top of that has over $100 worth of DLC with REAL content. To further gouge the wallet's of their loyal fanbasePayday 2 is a fun game. The recent update to the game adds microtransaction in the form of gun skins that add stat bonuses. Stat bonus aside, I would normally not care much about such an addition but this does not work in this game. Payday 2 has a base cost to the game, and on top of that has over $100 worth of DLC with REAL content. To further gouge the wallet's of their loyal fanbase is akin to slapping them in their face...repeatedly.

As it stands, I cannot recommend this game to anyone or support the decisions made by the company.
  2. Oct 16, 2015
    Pay2Day Broken Promises Edition

Overkill just released the new "free" content promised during Crimefest 2015. Microtransactions that alter weapon stats and skins.
  3. Oct 16, 2015
    In the past, i would of recommended this game. Instead, now all you get is pay to win microtransactions in a game you already paid for. Stay the hell away.
  4. Oct 16, 2015
    OVK have for some time now been pooping out DLC's to the death and now they have finally killed the game as they have added micro transactions (which they promised they wouldn't do), don't buy unless OVK removes those!
  5. Oct 16, 2015
    Ruined by overkill (who promised that there would no be micro transactions).
    Do I have to mention that the game have 100$+ worth of DLCs?
    Seems like overkill just wants to milk some cows.
  6. Oct 16, 2015
    This was formerly one of the greatest co-op games on Steam, a real time soak that my friends and I enjoyed the hell out of. October 15th, 2015, that all changed. A long-running promise of the head developer, Almir, has always been that there would never, ever be microtransactions in this game. Yesterday, they went back on that promise, completely overhauling the game in such a way that,This was formerly one of the greatest co-op games on Steam, a real time soak that my friends and I enjoyed the hell out of. October 15th, 2015, that all changed. A long-running promise of the head developer, Almir, has always been that there would never, ever be microtransactions in this game. Yesterday, they went back on that promise, completely overhauling the game in such a way that, rather than requiring skill or practice, it's become just another pay-to-win drain on your wallet. When the developers can't be trusted to keep their oldest promise, what's the point? Expand
  7. Oct 16, 2015
    The developer promised NO MICROTRANSACTIONS
    What they do? micros for content that gives you stats and turning it in a pay to win game. And this was released during an event that was suppose to release free stuff.
    I'm done with it.
  8. Oct 16, 2015
    Overkill started out with noble intentions to bring a new video game genre but quickly succumbed to the dark side of game development. They got a lot of flak for their dlcs and I understood where they came from but now they have gone too far. With the introduction of microtransactions as a "free" reward for the community especially after they claimed they wouldn't is outrageous. OverkillOverkill started out with noble intentions to bring a new video game genre but quickly succumbed to the dark side of game development. They got a lot of flak for their dlcs and I understood where they came from but now they have gone too far. With the introduction of microtransactions as a "free" reward for the community especially after they claimed they wouldn't is outrageous. Overkill needs to reconsider their actions otherwise they will lose all their fans. Expand
  9. Oct 16, 2015
    I've sunk over 1800 hours into this game but with all the constant addition of DLC that has made even the highest difficulty into a cakewalk and the recent addition of Pay2Win Weapon skin Microtransactions that significantly buff your weapons I must insist DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. The Developers are greedy shills who couldn't care less about the community or making a fun and balanced game.I've sunk over 1800 hours into this game but with all the constant addition of DLC that has made even the highest difficulty into a cakewalk and the recent addition of Pay2Win Weapon skin Microtransactions that significantly buff your weapons I must insist DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. The Developers are greedy shills who couldn't care less about the community or making a fun and balanced game.

If you want a co-op horde shooter then play Killing Floor 2, if you want a heist game then play the Masterplan.
  10. Oct 16, 2015
    False advertising.
    False advertising.
    They said "This game will never have micro-transactions", and 2 years later they add them... in a game that still costs 20€ and offers nothing, unless you spend money by buying over 25 (TWENTYFIVE!!!) DLCs that are worth over 100€ ON TOTAL and make the game much easier and unbalanced. With micro-transactions, you get reskinned weapons that have boosts over normal weapons.

So, for concluding. You have to pay 120€ for the full game AND you have to spend MORE for having more advantages. And the worst thing is that the game is still full of bugs that never gets fixed by the developers, since fixing bugs are free and they can't earn money.

This game is a JOKE and their developers are GREEDY LIARS!!!!! Avoid it!!!!
  11. Oct 16, 2015
    I played about 0 hours and I heard that there's microtransactions now. Shame on the company who said there'll never be microtransactions. This deserves a 0 !
  12. Oct 16, 2015
    The developers broke their promises. They said they would not add micro-transactions, but they did. Shame. Now the game is ruined, and the company is corrupt from the inside. They did some pretty bad things to modders too, all very shady.
  13. Oct 16, 2015
    At one point I had recommended this game, but that was 5 DLC's ago. While the base game was, at one point, very well made and well thought out, numerous drives to push DLC sales and finally the addition of microtransactions have made me unable to recommend this game any more.

The long short of it is: - The only free DLCs you receive are ones that drastically increase the difficulty

The long short of it is:

- The only free DLCs you receive are ones that drastically increase the difficulty in the base game, sometimes to near-unwinnable levels, so that you're required to purchase DLC weapons to win.

- DLC weapons are buggy and generally clones of existing weapons, but with blatantly superior stats such as higher concealment, unique abilities, higher damage, or greater magazine capacity, for no drawback when compared to even older DLC weapons. A good example of this is the Dynamite, which is functionally identical to the Frag Grenades, but cannot be blown up prematurely by enemy cops.

- Numerous underhanded marketing tactics. The most notable recent ones include the Hype Train event, where you were forced to purchase items to add "Hype Fuel" or the event would be withheld from the community at large, as well as the introduction of in-game Microtransactions during the first day of a promised "Free" community event. This is not getting into shadier tactics, such as copying existing mods and stats websites and presenting them as their own while making the game utterly incompatible with said existing mods and stats websites.

- All of the above also ended up causing the game to be far more buggy than it was, generally breaking existing gun buffs and abilities. No fix has been in sight for any of this, while on the other hand they were quick to patch up a leak that let people use guns for free rather than pay for the DLC. Generally the quality of game play as went down simply because in-game support is nonexistent unless it would affect their DLC sales.

- Because of all of the above, you need a ridiculous amount of DLC just to remain viable in the game. Unlike most other games, Overkill's nerfing of several weapons made it essentially necessary to have almost all of the DLCs to remain viable in the game. This comes to well over 100 dollars if you were to purchase them all. And unlike others, the GOTY edition doesn't even cover half of the necessary DLCs and Overkill has no intention of stopping to make DLCs for the game, meaning once you buy in, you have to keep buying or be outclassed after a month.

- And last but not least, the aforementioned Microtransactions do sell you power. While relatively minor, a few of the skins do provide stat boosts to your guns.This is even more pronounced in the game as, due to the in-game mechanic, you cannot purchase Gun Modifications in any other shape or form, and must wait for them to randomly drop from the game's system.

In general, do not buy this game, even if it's on sale. The developers have fostered an almost addiction-like atmosphere within the community and the game, so even if you think you can get by on a simple 10 dollar investment, they will start squeezing you one penny at a time.
  14. Oct 16, 2015
    The developers promised no microtransactions. Microtransactions were introduced in bad faith.

Not to mention, the game has been in a constant backwards motion for the past year or so. If you didn't already play PD2, don't waste space on your HDD.
  15. Oct 16, 2015
    A game filled with bugs, DLC's and now micro-transactions.
    Avoid this game like cancer. Coincidentally cancer and payday 2 are similar now.
    Avoid buying this, just buy anything else, it's better.
  16. Oct 16, 2015
    They added micro transactions, in a game where a non pay 2 play model would stand. Not cool man, Not cool.

Amir lied, they created a hostile community and got a highly respected fan site shut down.
  17. Oct 16, 2015
    Although the premise of the game is good, the initial release was a little bit underwhelming. Game required a lot of polishing that developers didn't deliver for 2 years. Instead, they were pushing dozens of 5$ DLCs. They didn't combat hackers, and it was up to moders to provide good experience. But yesterday, when they needed to push microtransactions, they suddenly managed to thwartAlthough the premise of the game is good, the initial release was a little bit underwhelming. Game required a lot of polishing that developers didn't deliver for 2 years. Instead, they were pushing dozens of 5$ DLCs. They didn't combat hackers, and it was up to moders to provide good experience. But yesterday, when they needed to push microtransactions, they suddenly managed to thwart hackers, but they also ruined every possible good mod. And when the game was released, they promised there won't be any microtransactions!

Payday 2 is not a game, it's just cash milking machine, so I can't give any points as a game. 0 of 10, Overkill is a no better than EA.
  18. Oct 16, 2015
    After all the false advertising, Overkill tried to do better. Or so they said. After that never happened, they promised to reward us with Crimefest. The rewards were poor, one was literally a paid advertisement for a movie, and we didn't get the final rewards until almost a year later. Then Crimefest 2 happened. The first reward? CS:GO style weapon crates with skins that conferred statAfter all the false advertising, Overkill tried to do better. Or so they said. After that never happened, they promised to reward us with Crimefest. The rewards were poor, one was literally a paid advertisement for a movie, and we didn't get the final rewards until almost a year later. Then Crimefest 2 happened. The first reward? CS:GO style weapon crates with skins that conferred stat bonuses. €2.50 a pop. For a game with almost £100 worth of DLC already. For a game that the developers said would never have micro-transactions. We were wrong for believing them. Expand
  19. Oct 16, 2015
    2013 a great game was released by a wonderful little developer fast forward to 2015 however and the game is no longer a gem but a cash cow that the greedy developer OVERKILL is drying up for every penny. If you do not like anti consumer practices or are just not an the kind of person who enjoys being seen as a walking wallet then AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!
  20. Oct 16, 2015
    Written w/ some reviews i found

Surprised I can write a review without buying DLC.
    Don´t Buy this Game!
    Used to be a great game. Now everything the devs do screams "Cash Grab."
  21. Oct 16, 2015
    Greedy, lying devs, bug-ridden with massive de-syncs, unbalanced weapons, loads of dlcs, micro-transactions, no dedicated servers, cheaters. This game is just a cash grab made by the EA-like Overkill. Stay away!
  22. Oct 15, 2015
    Game has Implemented a micro-transaction system similar to CS:GO EXCEPT the Weapon Skins actually modify the stats of the game. This change is recent and changes all my past stipulations about this game. There are over $150 worth of DLC. Don't Buy.
  23. Oct 16, 2015
    PAYDAY 2 used to be a great game,it had a few issues but the developers ( OVERKILL ) listened to the community and for a time everything was going pretty well,however as time passed this started to change,at first the developers started to distance themselves more and more from the community,they broke promises,made some very questionable things and flooded the game with DLCs,by the timePAYDAY 2 used to be a great game,it had a few issues but the developers ( OVERKILL ) listened to the community and for a time everything was going pretty well,however as time passed this started to change,at first the developers started to distance themselves more and more from the community,they broke promises,made some very questionable things and flooded the game with DLCs,by the time i´m writing this the game has over 20 paid DLC packs,many of those DLC packs have weapons and other items that are required if you want to stay relevant in the game,but things get worse.

On October 15th of 2015,OVERKILL added microtransactions to the game,which provide you weapon skins with boosted stats,not only those weapons are locked behind a paywall but they´re considerable better than other weapons,including DLC ones,to make matters worse,back in 2013 the developers said that PAYDAY 2 would NEVER have microtransactions,yet now here we are...

OVERKILL has lied and disappointed PAYDAY 2 fans several times but we always forgave them,but the addition of microtransactions is something that can´t be forgiven,several members of the community including people that played VERY important roles in developing and growing the PAYDAY 2 community are leaving the game,countless people have decided to stop supporting OVERKILL in any way,i have left the community myself recently.

This pretty much sums up my experience with PAYDAY 2,i really recommend anyone reading this review to stay far away from this game and from anything made by OVERKILL.
  24. Oct 16, 2015
    This game costs over $100 with all DLC's. Now OVK wants to add micro-transactions. OVK promised NO micro-transactions from the start. OVK seem to think gamers are some kind of cash cows.
  25. Oct 16, 2015
    $19.99 for the base game plus $100+ worth of DLC and Overkill has the idea of including CS:GO like microtransactions, with some stat buffs, even after Almir Listo himself had promised there would never be such in the game.

Overkill's greed makes EA or UBI look tame in comparison. Stay away from this game, you are nothing more than a cash cow to them.
  26. Oct 16, 2015
    I used to be a big supporter of this game. I am a veteran player of PD:TH and bought the pre-order for PD2. Over the years, DLC has been nickel and dime-ing the user base until it all came to a head with update 79. With Crimefest, Overkill has shat upon everything once again, including their own words, and changed the model to P2W. I have zero issue with TF2 and CS:GO models, but when youI used to be a big supporter of this game. I am a veteran player of PD:TH and bought the pre-order for PD2. Over the years, DLC has been nickel and dime-ing the user base until it all came to a head with update 79. With Crimefest, Overkill has shat upon everything once again, including their own words, and changed the model to P2W. I have zero issue with TF2 and CS:GO models, but when you add the addition of permanent stat boosts to weapons...weapons you just nerfed to be worse, requiring paid stat boosts to bring them up to 'normal' damage output, you've gone too far. I don't know what is going on with this game and the thinking behind it, but I'm not sticking around to find out. Expand
  27. Oct 16, 2015

28. Oct 16, 2015
    This was a fun game, despite community complaints over trivial matters. Unfortunately, recent community outcry over the implementation of microtransactions is entirely warranted; this new "feature" constitutes a breach of promise by the developers, and has already made the game community toxic. It is no longer a fun cooperative experience, unfortunately, due to the developers lying toThis was a fun game, despite community complaints over trivial matters. Unfortunately, recent community outcry over the implementation of microtransactions is entirely warranted; this new "feature" constitutes a breach of promise by the developers, and has already made the game community toxic. It is no longer a fun cooperative experience, unfortunately, due to the developers lying to their fanbase and imposing a system that will attract scammers and spammers. Expand
  29. Oct 16, 2015
    Bugs from release of the game still exist such as NPCs clipping into objects, no arm or leg hitboxes, sounds playing on loop even after you finish a level, Flash bang grenades coming with no warning or reason, no safehouse customization, exploits to finish levels early, hackers instantly spawing money, explosions, and enemies everywhere, enemies hitting through walls the list goes on. AndBugs from release of the game still exist such as NPCs clipping into objects, no arm or leg hitboxes, sounds playing on loop even after you finish a level, Flash bang grenades coming with no warning or reason, no safehouse customization, exploits to finish levels early, hackers instantly spawing money, explosions, and enemies everywhere, enemies hitting through walls the list goes on. And falsely said by a developer "We will never have micro-transactions" only to have them appear yesterday with stat boosting effects. Overall It's gone to hell Expand
  30. Oct 16, 2015
    Mictrotransaction, no longer supported hoxhud, over 25 dlc and a community manager who lie to the community is enough. This game was good, but now its dead. R.I.P.
  31. Oct 16, 2015
    Payday 2, with their last update has screwed up this once great game. My favorite weapon, The Lebensauger, has now been nerfed (ammo capacity, stability, and damage) to the extent where it is easily outclassed by vanilla, early level guns. Tell me what was the reason for investing all of my money in every DLC just to watch my favorite weapons turned to crap and made useless? In additionPayday 2, with their last update has screwed up this once great game. My favorite weapon, The Lebensauger, has now been nerfed (ammo capacity, stability, and damage) to the extent where it is easily outclassed by vanilla, early level guns. Tell me what was the reason for investing all of my money in every DLC just to watch my favorite weapons turned to crap and made useless? In addition they now waste our time and card drops with useless safes that I and countless others will never open. All I can say is, enjoy the trinkets you Screw Out of Your Loyal Patrons. I hope you all are very pleased with taking a great game and RUNNING IT STRAIGHT INTO THE GROUND! Expand
  32. Oct 16, 2015
    Latest update is crap. You buy a game only to have even more pay 2 win in game transactions. Don't recommend. Check the payday 2 forums people are on a hating **** All the lies and all the injuries Overkill has caused.
  33. Oct 16, 2015
    Constant **** lies, Overkill treating the community like **** ignoring our feedback/suggestions, bugs that have been in PD2 since beta, and on top of that microtransactions which give you power. In a game that already costs like $150 if you want the full experience.
  34. Oct 16, 2015
    PD2 started out solid, from an independent game studio. that studio has, over time, proved that they don't listen to their player base, extorts their customers with high priced DLC's (each one seemingly more lackluster than the previous) while ignoring problems that have plagued the game since the beginning (or in some cases, addressing fixes by making them part of the paid DLC). nowPD2 started out solid, from an independent game studio. that studio has, over time, proved that they don't listen to their player base, extorts their customers with high priced DLC's (each one seemingly more lackluster than the previous) while ignoring problems that have plagued the game since the beginning (or in some cases, addressing fixes by making them part of the paid DLC). now they've added microtransactions (after previously stating that they would never do this).

don't waste your time with this one, unless you manage to snag it for like 2 bucks. used to be a fan of this studio, but after a couple years of excuses (and even a 20 dollar DLC that didn't really give you anything, which is essentially a donation to the studio) i have to say the experience has left a sour taste.
  35. Oct 16, 2015
    I've invested a good deal into this game, both money and time, only to see the developer break their promise of no microtransactions. I cannot recommend this game to anyone who's looking for an honest developer and a game free of microtransactions.
  36. Oct 16, 2015
    Game has Implemented a micro-transaction system similar to CS:GO EXCEPT the Weapon Skins actually modify the stats of the game. Now you need to pay for a good gun, and if you don`t have the dlc you can't use it
  37. Oct 16, 2015
    "We've made it clear that Payday 2 will have no microtransactions whatsoever (shame on you if you thought otherwise!)"

False advertising. Microtransactions are here, the game is on the road to become F2P despite the fact ppl have spend lot of money on vanilla and tons of overpriced DLCs.
    Greedy Overkill SHAME ON YOU!
  38. Oct 16, 2015
    it has 2 much dlcs and microtransactions
    nothing more 2 say cuz it sucks so much.
    overkill is the worst company the **** lieers some .........................
  39. Oct 16, 2015
    "Microtransactions will never be put in the game"

Oh wait, JK!!

It's bad enough that you made us pay for this **** but my god it's an EXACT COPY OF COUNTERSTRIKE. Nice original ideas, Overkill.
  40. Oct 16, 2015
    this game has micro-transactions now. this is a real shame.
    you lost my respect overkill.

will never buy something again from u. no new games, no dlc for existing games.
  41. Oct 16, 2015
    I really used to like the game. Then micro-transactions came.
    I really used to like the game. Then micro-transactions came.
    Well, micro-transactions aren't inherently bad, if they were cosmetic only: who cares. However, they are not. To make matters worse, weapons were re-balanced with the same update - worse than before, increasing the gap to the better payed weapons. Add to that the RNG of crates and the breaking of community generated content, I can no longer recommend this game.
  42. Oct 16, 2015
    This game was originally an amazing game but as of recently the Overkill team has decided that they do NOT want to keep their word and have filled the game with micro transactions and are killing the community as servers are either skins or no skins now.

The developers are showing that in this work dishonesty is the best policy.
  43. Oct 16, 2015
    Microtransactions.... Жадности нет предела, слишком жирно замахнулись до уровня гейба... Особенно учитывая обещания что такого не будет.
  44. Oct 16, 2015
    Great gameplay, but with this DLC politic and the Microtransaction I HAVE to give a 0 to the game! Buy it when they have put these **** features out the game!
  45. Oct 16, 2015
    The game has quickly gone downhill on the day of its birthday. They broke game balance, added micro transactions after promising it would never happen, havent made public comment yet and have left the poor unpaid community mods to clean up and deal with a hurt and angry community. Gone are the days when they cared about community, now is the age of profit. Best it be ended before they can profit.
  46. Oct 16, 2015
    2/10 is bad game

Seriously though, no microtransactions means NO MICROTRANSACTIONS.

Falsely advertised. I still love Payday, but moneywhoring Overkill is dead to me.
  47. Oct 16, 2015
    they said no microtransactions. they added micro transactions that boost stats. gg not to mention that their "rebalancing" actually just broke the game and no longer is enjoyable.
  48. Oct 16, 2015
    Microtransactions and they are deleting forum post that are giving negative feedback / censorship, they said that the game would never have microtransations before release. But 2 years later here we are and they add in game shop where you use real money to buy microtransations.

GG Never going to buy a game for overkill again was really looking forward to the walking dead game they were

GG
    Never going to buy a game for overkill again was really looking forward to the walking dead game they were making but that will most likely have microtransactions at some point so screw that.

This is bad business practices, and its just milking your customers, and it needs to stop in all games.
  49. Oct 16, 2015
    Because Overkill knows that people love to buy their game for 20 euros, then inserting **** of DLCs and then, because that is not really much, adding a micro transaction system.

Overkill has messed up many times, TWD Game, John Wick, Hypetrain event, but never so much to this day as now. Ok, if Overkill would add only skins to their games, purely cosmetic items, I would somehow get over it, it is just a skin after all, you do not need it, same as in CS:GO or TF2.

Well, but here it is: Having a skin is a direct statistic upgrade to a weapon. Basically, with a skin you have better weapon stats with no cons. I know, this is a co-op game, not pvp, but still, this seems like a huge pay2win.

And I do not agree with this. Yesterday 9/10, today 0/10. Overkill, you have **** up. Sorry.
  50. Oct 17, 2015
    Ready to play some Payday 2: Counter Fortress Safe Opening Simulator? Ready to play some Payday 2: Counter Fortress Safe Opening Simulator? Ready to play some Payday 2: Counter Fortress Safe Opening Simulator?
  51. Oct 16, 2015
    This game used to be quite good and i used to play it, until it turned into CS:GO with the last patch, now the flame was has started and the community is trying to execute Overkill for that patch. (or so it seems)
  52. Oct 16, 2015
    I usually don't write reviews here, nor have I EVER given a 0 rating for a game, because that's simply not fair. But microtransactions made me do it. When they remove them I will change this to a 1, lol.
  53. Oct 16, 2015
    Broken promises by developers. Micro-transactions added to the game.
    Absolutely ridiculous the extent these developers go, putting their greed above the game.
  54. Oct 16, 2015
    Well, with 223 hours played and a couple Infamy levels I can say that I used to enjoy this game a lot playing with friends. The company seemed likable and mostly decent and the game was fun. I also liked the addition of small DLCs, I bought some of them, even though I mostly didn't use the new stuff. It seemed ok just in case. But things went out of control. They started throwing more andWell, with 223 hours played and a couple Infamy levels I can say that I used to enjoy this game a lot playing with friends. The company seemed likable and mostly decent and the game was fun. I also liked the addition of small DLCs, I bought some of them, even though I mostly didn't use the new stuff. It seemed ok just in case. But things went out of control. They started throwing more and more content just for the hell of it, regardless of if it fits theme or not. New characters that have nothing to do with the game's style. Blatant ads for stuff. Someone called it a "Billboard" and I find it very fitting. All of this made me play less and less often.

Lastly they came with micro transactions. Which by the way is contrary to the several times they assured it wasn't going to happen (Just google it). This is the final nail on this coffin. I declare this game not worthy. Even if they take it back, the company has proven me that they are not worth any kind of trust or sympathy.
  55. Oct 16, 2015
    Pro : Games is decent and can be fun with friends
    Cons : ovepriced DLC Fest, lying staff , toxic community, atrocious balance, worst patching system ever , sync so bugged you wonder if it's not sabotaged, micro transaction with real cash for stats boost , graphical error , P2P client side server with NO host change on eventual crash and cheaters everywhere.
    In short, decent game crippled
    Pro : Games is decent and can be fun with friends
    In short, decent game crippled by so many problem it's not worth its price tag. Stay away and sink your hard earned cash elsewhere
  56. Oct 16, 2015
    Where's the safe house customization that was included in the Career Criminal pre-order? It has been over two years and nothing. No artwork, no updates, only responding as "We're working on it". They've released over a dozen DLCs and updates which include customization, and features. How do they have time to make new content when they insist they don't have the time to make content whichWhere's the safe house customization that was included in the Career Criminal pre-order? It has been over two years and nothing. No artwork, no updates, only responding as "We're working on it". They've released over a dozen DLCs and updates which include customization, and features. How do they have time to make new content when they insist they don't have the time to make content which was promised and paid by their consumers? Expand
  57. Oct 16, 2015
    No, of course we'd never introduce microtransactions! Never! Shame on you for even thinking that! - Oh how the mighty have fallen, Overkill. A great game, ruined in an instant by your greed. Riddled with bugs that you can't be bothered to fix, in favour of generating more money through ridiculous skins reminiscent of CS:GO.
  58. Oct 17, 2015
    No **** given to veterans.They make you rich,they show you their love,and you just backstabbed your fans.Wow,just wow.To be honest,it's veteran complete the crimefest challanges,those newbies don't even know how to deal with cooking,cloakers,bulldozers.After veterans complete the crimefest,fanboys and newbies called them "crying 5 years old baby".
  59. Oct 16, 2015
    So, we've got a game that has promised to never include microtransactions, only to then include microtransactions in their game. Not only that, but they pass it off as though it's no big deal, do not address it and instead force their moderators to do damage control instead of fixing the situation. They claim to add an economy system into the game, however this economy system does notSo, we've got a game that has promised to never include microtransactions, only to then include microtransactions in their game. Not only that, but they pass it off as though it's no big deal, do not address it and instead force their moderators to do damage control instead of fixing the situation. They claim to add an economy system into the game, however this economy system does not prove to be feasibly real, instead all money going straight into Overkill's pockets. They've effectively shown they're greedy, and will only use you for money. They also have a lovely tendency to censor and ban people from their forums and from posting artwork. It's awesome. Expand
  60. Oct 16, 2015
    Before the crimefest update i would acutally have recommend it
    The game was quite good and was fun to play with friends

But i will not recommend it after they added bloody microtransactions
    I've uninstalled it and moved on to other games
  61. Oct 16, 2015
    Overkill has turned it's back on it's player base. A formerly great game has been destroyed by corporate greed which has been growing over the past year. They now focus only on what will make them the most money and care very little for making a good game.
  62. Oct 16, 2015
    DLCs + Microtransactions.

That;s exactly what this game need. No balance, no anti-cheat system, no bugfixes. More milking money. Overkill, you betrayed us
  63. Oct 16, 2015
    Look, man, I love this game. I really, really love this game. It's tons of fun to play pubs or with friends. Great gameplay, great characters, great action, great presentation. But it's painful how low it's gotten. At the time of this writing, there are 27 pieces of paid DLC for this game, all of which have ingame effects on your performance with weapons, weapon mods, and perks. They'veLook, man, I love this game. I really, really love this game. It's tons of fun to play pubs or with friends. Great gameplay, great characters, great action, great presentation. But it's painful how low it's gotten. At the time of this writing, there are 27 pieces of paid DLC for this game, all of which have ingame effects on your performance with weapons, weapon mods, and perks. They've just added CS:GO-style weapon skin drops, but this time they can have real, ingame effects. They change things on a whim with no community input or pre-announcement. It's a plain buggy game, with developers who have formed a reputation for not caring about their players as anything but wallets. As much as it pains me to say, unless something major changes- don't buy this game. Don't even try the free week. Just, don't. Expand
  64. Oct 16, 2015
    As if over a year of lies, laziness, incompetence and a complete disregard for the fanbase weren't enough to prove how much of a sodding terrible company they were, adding microtransaction pay2win features on the first day of a free even really dealt the final blow.

I will not be touching payday 2 or any other overkill/starbreeze product again and I advise others to do the same
  65. Oct 16, 2015
    Killing off mods by stealing their content, making 100s of DLC, paid advertisement (Wick, Alesso), and finally lying to the community be giving them micro-transactions instead of the promised "free content for all player". Oh, and they broke the balance, all while copying CS:GO model, by adding said micro-transactions they promised they would never add to the game.
  66. Oct 16, 2015
    I unfortunately couldn't give a review of over 0 because I did not pay the "Premium Review Membership" that Overkill is now demanding players to pay for. However that doesn't change much, because to play even half the game you need to pay for far too much DLC and now even microtransactions. Not only is this now an awful hat fortress, the skins that come from these "vaults" effect gameplay,I unfortunately couldn't give a review of over 0 because I did not pay the "Premium Review Membership" that Overkill is now demanding players to pay for. However that doesn't change much, because to play even half the game you need to pay for far too much DLC and now even microtransactions. Not only is this now an awful hat fortress, the skins that come from these "vaults" effect gameplay, what utter trash! Expand
  67. Oct 16, 2015
    If i wanted to play cs:go i would have bought cs:go, don't make false promises and then fill our game with microtransactions that modify gun stats. I can forgive the constant DLC, but this takes the cake, im giving it 0/10 because i feel robed and this is the only way that Overkill will learn from their mistakes
  68. Oct 16, 2015
    Developers are liars and treat there players as garbage, and turned the game into a microtransaction game. You can't play this game withouth microtransactions.
    STAY AWAY FROM THIS!
  69. Oct 16, 2015
    Payday 2 features :

- Microtransactions
    - Pay 2 Win weapons
    - A ton of $5 DLC required to 100% the game
    - Devs pillaging mods without retribution or acknowledgement
    - Promised content never added

It used to be quite a solid coop game. Devs just ruined it in one day.
  70. Oct 16, 2015
    The developers do not care about the people that supported this game and have flat out lied about the inclusion of microtransactions in a game that already has nearly $100 in additional DLC.
  71. Oct 16, 2015
    Payday 2 had a lot of potential and I once loved it as much as I loved PD1, but Overkill screwed up multiple times and butchered it. They didn't learn their lesson: E3 action, ignoring the very productive community and banning critics... **** And now they finally made it to the bottom of the pit (at least untill they find a way to dig even deeper) by adding microtransactions to Payday 2,Payday 2 had a lot of potential and I once loved it as much as I loved PD1, but Overkill screwed up multiple times and butchered it. They didn't learn their lesson: E3 action, ignoring the very productive community and banning critics... **** And now they finally made it to the bottom of the pit (at least untill they find a way to dig even deeper) by adding microtransactions to Payday 2, making a casual game out of the title and kicking the whole vetrans and fanbase in the butt. Overkill I really hope your greed will now finally make you lose the last bit of good rep you had with those blind enough to not see everything you did wrong. Have fun killing this game that once was your baby. I can not recommend this game anymore and I really hope nobody falls for the false promises anymore. Please be aware that you buy into a game that is designed to swallow your money and you will support developers that are even worse than the big AAA-producing companies when it comes to greed and pure disrespect toward the players supporting them. Save yourself some money and check out other upcoming FPS games. Expand
  72. Oct 16, 2015
    First of all i´m sorry for my bad english, but i´m not a native speaker.
    Please do yourself a favour and do not buy this piece of crap.
    The develepors lied in so many ways, content that should been released at release of the game is still not available. You cannot trust this greedy bunch of Overkill. They do not care about there community,which bought dozens of useless dlc´s to support
    First of all i´m sorry for my bad english, but i´m not a native speaker.
    Please do yourself a favour and do not buy this piece of crap.
    They do not care about there community,which bought dozens of useless dlc´s to support the company.
    All they care about is how to get even more money out of their cashcow.
    We are still waiting for Items we payed for at the hype-train-event, still nothing has come.
  73. Dec 5, 2013
    I really enjoy this game. The graphics are very nice, the game play is fun, and the unlock system is pretty well designed. Overall this game is very entertaining and fun.

However after following this game for quite a while during development, it's now incredibly frustrating that they're implementing DLC micro-transactions despite stating during development they would not. We were completely lied to by the developers as they are now releasing $7 and $5 add-ons to the game that unlock exclusive weapons and perks. Even though the game is co-op, players now officially gain a significant advantage over others by paying small fees for bonus weapons and abilities.

I bought the game after believing the developers were on board with users stance against micro-transactions and now I feel cheated out of the money I paid when I thought I was buying a complete game.
  74. Oct 16, 2015
    I have 500 + hours in in Payday 2. This game was once my favorite co-op. Ever since the Crimefest update (10/15/15), to me this game became more of player competition than teamwork.
  75. Oct 17, 2015
    This game really used to be fun, but it was ruined by the greed of the developers. Please steer clear. Really though, prior to this latest "free content" update, this game was great. Please just torrent it and enjoy the DLCs and base game for free.
  76. Oct 16, 2015
    Added micro-transactions. In a paid game. with paid DLCs. After saying that it would never happen. As a "free" update meant to be a reward for the community's efforts in an event. Oh, and they aren't just for cosmetic items, they actually interfere with the gameplay.
  77. Oct 16, 2015
    Payday 2 is a great coop game. It has a great community that works together to get what they want. Unfortunately, the game devs work against everyone by doing things like lying, making passive aggressive apologies, treating the community badly, and giving micro-transactions as a reward to a community challenge after saying there would NEVER be micro-transactions.

Great game, but right

Great game, but right now the devs are being complete ****
  78. Oct 16, 2015
    The developer promised NO MICROTRANSACTIONS
  79. Oct 16, 2015
    Overkill should write a book called "How to kill a game in one easy update". I don't know how but they actually managed to destroy their game with a single update...
  80. Oct 16, 2015
    Well done Overkill, you put challenges for free rewards...then...release microtransactions for the first day reward, you could copy cs go system ..but no...you just introduce an not optional system with skins that have special stats. You already have a game with more than 100$ on DLC, you know want to convert P2 into a F2P P2W Game? no.. just no ._.
  81. Oct 16, 2015
    Last CrimeFest is the finish line for this wonderful and once our favorite game. We joked a half years ago. Even then, it seemed that the game is oversaturated with content breadth but not depth, a little more than full. We have predicted the emergence of bows, minigun, flame-throwers and machine guns of WWI times. Later, when all of our careless jokes come true, we realized that it wasLast CrimeFest is the finish line for this wonderful and once our favorite game. We joked a half years ago. Even then, it seemed that the game is oversaturated with content breadth but not depth, a little more than full. We have predicted the emergence of bows, minigun, flame-throwers and machine guns of WWI times. Later, when all of our careless jokes come true, we realized that it was time to stop and come up with a joke to joke about the skins for weapons bound to inventory on Steam. I never thought that the greed of developers to blur the mind is so strong that his words will forget in a moment, as though they did not say anything about microtransactions. Expand
  82. Mar 3, 2015
    I'm not going to criticize the games AI, the presence (or lack of) of bugs, or the sophistication of the engine. I hesitated between giving the game a score of a 1 or a 2, and I settled on a 1. I haven't played the original Payday. I'm just a casual gamer who happened across the title through word of mouth, and if you're anything like me, you would look at a title on the basis of whetherI'm not going to criticize the games AI, the presence (or lack of) of bugs, or the sophistication of the engine. I hesitated between giving the game a score of a 1 or a 2, and I settled on a 1. I haven't played the original Payday. I'm just a casual gamer who happened across the title through word of mouth, and if you're anything like me, you would look at a title on the basis of whether it offered good replay value. I bought the game because it contained co-op multiplayer and was looking for a blast. Unfortunately, the game offers very little replay value. The heists are limited in scope and flexibility. Very quickly they become tiring because there is so little to do heist-wise. Take out a camera, pick that lock, drill that safe, collect that jewellery or tie up that hostage. In the end you end up doing the same things over and over. If you screw up the heist you get to shoot your way out, which again becomes boring and repetitive, because you've done it all before. If the devs could have done anything to save the game, it would be the possibility of making the success of heists dependent on greater stealth, the implementation of which was intrinsically linked to the success of a heist. This would have possibly enabled a greater co-operative experience. Unfortunately this is absent in Payday 2, so you get the notion that whether a heist is performed through stealth or brute force, it doesn't really matter. And since most heists online do go wrong pretty quickly, it just becomes a shoot-your-way-out action game, with a few heist related activities available for show. That just makes it repetitive, and it gets old pretty quickly. 1/10 from me. Expand
  83. Oct 16, 2015
    You really disappointed me with this recent update, Overkill; and you might not get the same respect as you once earned with this community ever. I mean, stat boosts for god damn skins? A feature so unoriginal and coined by CS GO but you don't care because you're after that $$$, am I right? Of course I am, and you know it.
  84. Oct 16, 2015
    Okay don't get me wrong this game is good, but the addition of the micro-transactions is unacceptable. Not only do you have to pay to get these skins, they also increase stats on your guns. Overkill what were you thinking
  85. Oct 16, 2015
    It used to be one of my favorite co-op games.
    Overkill software ruined it completely in just one year thinking only about money.
    Please, DO NOT buy it.
  86. Oct 16, 2015
    I have a feeling that someone used me. I liked this game before. Once developers can alternate between paid and free content, but now they are drowning in their own greed. Shame on you. Thank you for spit in the face to all the fans of this game. It seemed to me that you - one of those who really wants to give the fans a free and high-quality content, but all that you "tried to do for theI have a feeling that someone used me. I liked this game before. Once developers can alternate between paid and free content, but now they are drowning in their own greed. Shame on you. Thank you for spit in the face to all the fans of this game. It seemed to me that you - one of those who really wants to give the fans a free and high-quality content, but all that you "tried to do for the community" ... lie to make more money from fans and fools. I hope you're happy. Thank you for betrayal - it really happened like a knife stabbed in our backs. Thank you very much, OVK, for deceived trust. I hope you're happy with the result. Expand
  87. Oct 16, 2015
    This company looked like that had a great thing going and this community of players stuck by them through everything but their recent actions are the last straw for everyone.

They have lied and have added microtransactions to the game, after they said they would not. **** you OVERKILL. This community has had enough of your **** DLC, empty promises, bad net code, and everything else

**** you OVERKILL. This community has had enough of your **** DLC, empty promises, bad net code, and everything else we've had to put up with.
  88. Oct 16, 2015
    Payday 2 is a fun game. The recent update to the game adds microtransaction in the form of gun skins that add stat bonuses. Stat bonus aside, I would normally not care much about such an addition but this does not work in this game. Payday 2 has a base cost to the game, and on top of that has over $100 worth of DLC with REAL content. To further gouge the wallet's of their loyal fanbase isPayday 2 is a fun game. The recent update to the game adds microtransaction in the form of gun skins that add stat bonuses. Stat bonus aside, I would normally not care much about such an addition but this does not work in this game. Payday 2 has a base cost to the game, and on top of that has over $100 worth of DLC with REAL content. To further gouge the wallet's of their loyal fanbase is akin to slapping them in their face...repeatedly.

89. Mar 18, 2014
    It hurts me to have to write such a devastating review of a game I wanted to love, but the fact is that Payday 2 is and has been a total disaster from the start. The root cause is the developer of the game Overkill software, and more specifically their lead developer Andrew Goldfarb. Everything done in development or since release for Payday 2 has been focused on slick PR, coercing playersIt hurts me to have to write such a devastating review of a game I wanted to love, but the fact is that Payday 2 is and has been a total disaster from the start. The root cause is the developer of the game Overkill software, and more specifically their lead developer Andrew Goldfarb. Everything done in development or since release for Payday 2 has been focused on slick PR, coercing players into buying DLC to help them advance, systematically removing as much fun as possible from the game, and breaking every significant promise they made to those that supported them in the move from indie mod project to AAA-level title, and as if that wasn't enough, they go out of their way to simultaneously insult paying customers who ask relevant questions or who have any type of complaint, legitimate or not.

The last patch, the "Death Wish" patch, completely destroyed the game balance to pander to achievement whores (the 3rd or 4th time this has happened to date) and to give the appearance of the developer supporting the game above-and-beyond what is the norm. This is a standard pattern for Overkill, and nothing could be further from the truth. The 360 version of the game has never been patched to date. 7-day heists and safehouse customization, two important features promised for release, have never been added despite 24 patches and 5 pay DLCs. Every patch adds hideous new bugs and destroys game balance, while critical game-breaking bugs fester for months without being acknowledged, much less fixed. Hackers ruin the game regularly as it uses a peer-to-peer multiplayer model and relies on no master server, auth, or security. Overkill's answer to hacking? A pointless PR campaign that "they care about cheating" and a forum thread telling you to report hackers via email, but once explored is shown to be a total facade that wastes everybody's time as Overkill has no actual recourse to ban players or affect hacking in any way because of their poor implementation.

Goldfarb does ban people, frequently and very loudly, from his twitter account if they are negative about the game or ask difficult questions, and why not? The man is a real hero and he wants you to know he stands for justice. The Payday 2 steam forums are full of trolls and sycophants, threads regularly disappear without warning, and there is a nasty little group of fellaters (players with cash.net in their name) that edit and remove posts as they please with no oversight or moderation. Through all of this, Overkill touts how they "listen to the fans", when the last 6 months of Payday 2 have proven to any sane person that not only do they NOT listen, they go out of their way to anger and troll their own paying customers. Examples of this are numerous: cameras added that can't be destroyed that say "Suck it" on them, special enemies that 1-shot you regardless of your stats/level/health while telling you to "go to the forums and cry like a little **** and even making the aforementioned special have an incredibly irritating fingernails-on-a-chalkboard high pitched whine that is constant, cannot itself be disabled, and is the very definition of 'tinnitus'. This last issue has caused thousands of players to quit the game or play with their sound off, and Overkill have not acknowledged how serious it is nor patched it. I hope somebody sues the hell out of them for it, I really do. It might seem like I've listed a huge litany of complaints about the game in this review, but honestly I've barely scratched the surface. There simply isn't room here to discuss the countless ways that Payday 2 has been systematically destroyed.

Put it this way: Overkill is so petty that they had Valve arbitrarily (and in secret) remove the COMMUNITY VOTED top tag for Payday 2, "Bag Throwing Simulator", because most missions involve throwing bags repeatedly as you move them across the level while surviving L4D zombie levels of supercops. They also regularly remove fan posted material from the steam pages if it is any way critical of Payday 2 or Overkill. This rigorous, draconian, PRC-esque clampdown on all negative material indeed does give the game the appearance of being much more than it actually is. Don't be fooled. I've got nearly 500 hours in Payday 2 and it was once a very enjoyable (but seriously flawed) experience. These days, it's just insulting.
  90. Oct 16, 2015
    payday 2 with probably the biggest record of dlc count 27 dlc each selling for 1/3 of the game price

award our crimefest with free content yay !!!
    wanna know what the free content is ?
    its micro transactions!!!

seriously......
  91. Oct 16, 2015
    After all of DLC they've been released, Overkill still seeking for money, and here we go a 5 GB update of Skin stats weapon. Absolutely pay2win , Payday 2 CSGO Deluxe edition, not a good game anymore so dont waste your time on this game !
  92. Oct 16, 2015
    Constant lies.
    Bugs aren't get fixes for years.
    A lot of paid DLCs (DLCDAY2), a lot of broken promises, a lot of stuff which should have been implemented months or years ago.

Overkill Software treat community so wrong, I even have to ask "do they realize that their customers paid for this product"?
  93. Oct 16, 2015
    Completely unprofessional company. Abusive to it's customers and incompetent in its content creation. They drove this game off a cliff and charged 4.99 a month the whole way. Now, after promising never to have micro-transactions, they've introduced them on the game's anniversary.
  94. Oct 16, 2015
    Heist simulator 2013? Yes

TF: GO simulator 2015 no

micro transactions destroyed this game

And they nerfed all he weapons :( it makes me sad that it happened
  95. Oct 16, 2015
    Be aware that the vast majority of positive reviews are for previous versions of the game.

Before the most recent updates, this was one of the best games I'd ever played, but the new update introduces a blatant system of pay-to-win cash grabbing, and a "rebalance" that causes far more issues than it solves. In its current state, the game is completely unplayable, and I cannot

In its current state, the game is completely unplayable, and I cannot recommend purchasing or playing it.
  96. Oct 16, 2015
  97. Oct 16, 2015
    Went Pay2Win micro-transaction BS after most of us put $150 or more into the game and DLCs with the promise of no micro-transactions or pay to win. This game company is just another sack of lying garbage like so many others.

They didn't hold their annual gathering (usually a great party!) to announce this latest "big expansion we've worked months on!" because they *knew* that the community would be so angry that the reps from Overkill would potentially be in physical danger of a few punches in the mouth.

Buy & play something else, this community is quickly dying and the game in it's current state is crap.
  98. Oct 16, 2015
    Overkill ruined everything with the Oct. 15th update.

Overkill ruined everything with the Oct. 15th update.

They had promised during launch to never add microtransactions, lo and behold, the update on Oct. 15 was microtransactions, Weapons skins giving stats that need to be opened from safes that are RNG Dropped, with drills that must be bought WITH REAL MONEY. The weapon rebalance simply screwed up everything, Pistols being stronger than Shotguns? WHAT. In it's current state, don't even go NEAR of the game. The dev's have simply screwed us all up, their loyal fans. With this cash grab.

Plus, Overkill has yet to do any kind of damage control simply letting the rage and hate burst all over.
    GG Overkill. You done f***ed up.

RIP Payday 2 2013-2015 Also the game should be rename Payday 2: Global Offensive. More suited for it now.
  99. Oct 16, 2015
    promised never to have microtransactions, put in microtransactions... and now the games is more pay2win than ever before...really hope almir gets fired for this one, would give it less than zero if possible
  100. Oct 16, 2015
    A P2W grindfest with virtually no redeeming qualities, to be quite honest. Check the more recent scores for something more accurate, the old Payday 2 was a great deal better, so a lot of the positive reviews are outdated.

1. Oct 9, 2013
    PayDay 2 is one of the nicest surprises of the year. Overkill Software understands the atmosphere of gangster movies and wisely improves these pieces of gameplay, that might have been disappointing in the first game. The sequel is better in almost every way - you can play a thief and enjoy good character development and shooting systems. I really hope, that PayDay 3 will be even better.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 5, 2013
    Payday 2 is an excellent co-op shooter - a vast improvement over the first one. [Sept 2013]
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Oct 3, 2013
    A unique and captivating multiplayer experience that rewards team work over personal glory. But make sure you bring friends for the true experience. [Nov 2013, p.62]