7.9

1. Aug 13, 2013
    So much fun coop. Huge improvement on the first one and the replay value is insane with the map changing geometry, I got 40 hours clocked up on just the 6 heists that are in the beta! For the price you pay you cant go wrong!
  2. Aug 13, 2013
    Payday 2 is a massive improvement in every way over it's predecessor. This game is an absolute thrill when played cooperatively, with loads of content, especially when you consider it's reduced price tag. Make no mistake, this game is in NO WAY a single player game, and it doesn't even warrant to be reviewed as such. There is a single player aspect that was not originally intended to bePayday 2 is a massive improvement in every way over it's predecessor. This game is an absolute thrill when played cooperatively, with loads of content, especially when you consider it's reduced price tag. Make no mistake, this game is in NO WAY a single player game, and it doesn't even warrant to be reviewed as such. There is a single player aspect that was not originally intended to be added into the game, but was added due to fan feedback. Reviewers have bashed this optional component, which I feel is incredibly unwarranted. If this game were single player, it would receive a very low score, as the bot AI is mostly useless. Do NOT play this game for the Single Player. It's a fantastic game when played the way it was intended cooperatively. Expand
  3. Aug 23, 2013
    Falsely advertised with "17 heists, 30 stages and 6 escapes" and "5 times the missions of Payday: The Heist" several times before release. This was a blatant lie which was confirmed today by Overkill Almir. The only reason me and any of my friends bought this game (and the CCE at that) was based on those lies. The people behind this game are nothing more than scammers and deserve the sameFalsely advertised with "17 heists, 30 stages and 6 escapes" and "5 times the missions of Payday: The Heist" several times before release. This was a blatant lie which was confirmed today by Overkill Almir. The only reason me and any of my friends bought this game (and the CCE at that) was based on those lies. The people behind this game are nothing more than scammers and deserve the same respect WarZ gained, which is a big fat nothing. Stay clear of this trash game and company. You've been warned. Expand
  4. Aug 13, 2013
    You are probably reading this to find out if you should buy this game or not. For the people who don't like to read, let me give you a quick answer: YES, you should buy it, unless you don't have internet acces.

Now let me explain you why I highly recommend this game: - Very well crafted, very ambitious, lots of content. - Cheap (30 euro), this game could easely go for the full

Now let me explain you why I highly recommend this game:

- Very well crafted, very ambitious, lots of content.
    - Cheap (30 euro), this game could easely go for the full price.
    - A studio who actually listens to the community, which noticeably improved the game compared to Payday: the heist.
    - Incredibly rewarding. It just feels really good getting rewarded for doing something bad (stealing). Lots to unlock and customize.
    - Highly replayable. Randomized levels and situations.
    - Great potential for DLC packs in the future. Which they already announced to release in the future.
    - EVERYTHING has improved compared the first Payday title.

Buy it, and support this title, I feel the studio deserved it.
  5. Aug 13, 2013
    Crazy cool game!! Game sounds crazy good and the rattle of a rifle when the robbery goes to hell makes me feel like I was in the final scene in the movie Heat. Buy it and discover just how fantastic a video game can be.
  6. Aug 13, 2013
    Payday 2 is without a doubt a large improvement on the first game, it does everything better but still falls short out of being a real standout shooter that the concept should be.

The content is there, you have roughly 30+ mission to complete with AI or other players, a huge amount of guns and upgrades to unlock, customizable masks, talent trees, a hideout to decorate and several difficulties to choose from.

The missions have far greater variation, from bank jobs to attacking rival gangs, assassinations, cooking meth or escaping the FBI after an ambush in the getaway, none feel the same.

You can tackle most missions differently to suit your playstyle, you can try to be sneaky or go in all guns blazing and the success of each approach is can be affected by your loadout and talent choices, thankfully you can reset your talents at any time.

The biggest let down and real atmosphere killer are the visuals. The world is completely static, there is no movement in trees, no objects have physics, the engine feels dated,I can't help but imagine how amazing this game would be on the Cryengine.

The audio does it's job well, the music is once again excellent, creating tension and thrills where it is needed. The SFX are good but lack the quality of other FPS.

Is payday 2 worth it? If you're a fan of the first one then it is a big YES, if you're new to the payday franchise then it is just yes.
  7. Aug 23, 2013
    Even after a very large beta the game is still riddled with glitches and game breaking bugs, some skills just flat out don't work, and the development team is working on fixing things that aren't even urgent instead. The amount of content is EMBARRASSING and significantly less than what was advertised for the launch version, instead opting to hold back high tier and endgame missions forEven after a very large beta the game is still riddled with glitches and game breaking bugs, some skills just flat out don't work, and the development team is working on fixing things that aren't even urgent instead. The amount of content is EMBARRASSING and significantly less than what was advertised for the launch version, instead opting to hold back high tier and endgame missions for upcoming DLC considering the game had already began turning a profit before it even released. False advertising is the name of the game with Payday 2 as the advertised number of missions likes to count the same mission up to 5 or 6 times because of extremely minimal variations. The amount of content is pitiful and is held up by the crutch that is the game's RNG loot system which encourages farming and excessive play on the the tedious and short missions. to ensure maximum playtime. It's a Frankenstein of a game comprised of flatout broken mechanics and skills, unfulfilled promises, significantly sub-par missions (both quality and quantity wise) and I extremely regret paying 30$ for it. Overkill won't be getting another dime from me, and if you're smart you won't give them anything, either. Expand
  8. Aug 23, 2013
    Many bugs as stated earlier, since beta release most of people experience networking isuess, dropping connections, and worst of all LACK OF CONTENT. This game was released with 5 maps and developer wait 11 days, holding their customer in suspense about future content. Then it all turned out to be finished project. Game has placeholders for future dlc from day 1! They was prepared to suckMany bugs as stated earlier, since beta release most of people experience networking isuess, dropping connections, and worst of all LACK OF CONTENT. This game was released with 5 maps and developer wait 11 days, holding their customer in suspense about future content. Then it all turned out to be finished project. Game has placeholders for future dlc from day 1! They was prepared to suck you dry. Basic came is nothing more than framework with few demo maps where you can simply buy additional full content later!
    I was pretty sure EA days of milking people are over but now i can see not for overkill studio. OVERMILLK!
  9. Aug 19, 2013
    Will attempt to keep this brief and to the point, but more important truthful. Payday 2 is an excellent purchase if you simply go for the $30 version and understand what you're getting. It will provide a generally enjoyable experience for up to 4 people in a party style casual game for up to 30-40 hours, which is a really great value. The majority of the issues with the game long term areWill attempt to keep this brief and to the point, but more important truthful. Payday 2 is an excellent purchase if you simply go for the $30 version and understand what you're getting. It will provide a generally enjoyable experience for up to 4 people in a party style casual game for up to 30-40 hours, which is a really great value. The majority of the issues with the game long term are a result of Overkill's misrepresentation of the product. To put it simply, it is not a $50 product nor should it be considered in the same league as other AAA products. You're essentially paying for an upgraded mod...

Cons:

- Repetitive heists that are often recycled. There is NOT 30 heists! No matter how you add up the levels, mathematically it doesn't come to 30 heists so ignore any interviews you read or see from Overkill stating otherwise. Additionally, they reuse many of the same maps with slight variations and call it an entirely new heist. They were either short staffed or extremely lazy, but you'll spot assets reused repeatedly on every level.

- Skill system was a great idea, but executed poorly. Certain skills are a complete waste while others are extremely overpowered. You are able to mix and match which skills you want among all 4 trees so people simply pickup the best ones, which leaves everyone the same and defeats the entire point of a skill system.

- The AI in this game is by far the worst AI I have ever experienced in any title I have played both for the opposition and teammates. There are no words to describe how bad the AI actually is. If you enjoy mindlessly shooting poorly scripted bots then it isn't as dire as I make it sound.

- Engine is extremely outdated. It would be tolerable if the game play was vastly superior to other titles, but it simply is not.

- Mission selection tool known as Crime.net is a colossal failure and will no doubt be used as a demonstration tool in courses as an example of what to avoid during your design phase. You sit around with 3 other friends waiting for the game to let you play the mission you all want to play. How this design got past being written down on paper much less implemented into the game is beyond comprehension.

- Horrible support and customer service. Almir, a developer at Overkill is often seen crying on the forums about people being negative. Negative about a product they purchased....Although I don't agree with customers acting like spoiled 12 year old infants I also find it professionally shameful to have an employee speak to the customer base in the manner in which he does. They're also too lazy to purchase and maintain their own official forums and use the Steam game forum to fill this void. The result is what you'd expect...

In closing, if interested purchase the $30 version and expect to get about 30-40 hours out of it. It's fun, but you can't take any of it seriously as it lacks any kind of depth. You're purchasing a MOD!
  10. Aug 13, 2013
    An awesome co-op game, was a really long time since I had this much fun co-op. It looks, feels and plays very well. Starbreeze has really stepped up their game with this game and brothers, who knows what the future holds.
  11. ERB
    Aug 13, 2013
    An absolutely excellent game.The story is great,the graphics look good,and especially the game play or the shooter is awesome.This game is a lot of fun.I mean I played this game 4 times in a row and still I keep playing this because it is addicting and fun.So far this year this is one of the best games I played this year.So this game really deserves a high score.Good game!I like it.
  12. Aug 19, 2013
    Since developers are not answering on the bug reports pages and not fixing big issues like:
    - crashing steam
    - crash to desktop due to LUA unhandled exceptions
    - sound bugs
    - permanent connection issues for a lot of people at rush hour (you can't play more than 5 minutes, sometimes even 20 sec)

Well I guess a big negative score on metacritic will do the trick, simcity style.
  13. Aug 15, 2013
    so after dropping 30 bucks for this game i've learned that overkill hates improvement

a ton of the gameplay showed that payday 2 was a rushed out the bum game, things from the older game were removed like cloakers and some weapons,some customization not in the game, and worst of all a problem that haunts me and wants to make me go back in time to prevent myself from buying it the

the online didnt work for ****
    every single game i join either they cant connect to me or i cant connect to the host. overkill sure love using some peer 2 peer horse**** for its online making connection impossible
    AI is bat**** awful and i cant stress this enough, if your going to stealth then turn off ai because they are so stupid and dumb that they will do things such as shoot civillians, kill hostages, and ruin your stealth run by firing a bullet

IN ALL YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BUY THIS GAME EVEN IF YOU THINK IT WILL RUN ON YOUR GODDAMN COMPUTER
  14. Aug 13, 2013
    Unfortunately connection drops too often, a problem for many players. We'd play offline, but the AI doesn't even carry the bags so you get shot down in mere seconds. The connectivity issue is a similar one to Payday 1.
  15. Aug 14, 2013
    The graphics aren't amazing, and it still lags a ton even in 800x600, and the same computer runs almost every game in at least 1280x768 with all settings high and no lag at all.
    I love Payday, but this game is just so optimized that I can't even play it.
    Still giving it a 1 because it LOOKS like a fun game.
  16. Aug 13, 2013
    Great game too bad its unplayable to its early release,cant join friends, cards lost after payday what a joke I have 8 guys on my teamspeak of which only 2 can play the game, everyone else is plagued by error after error. The release was pushed FORWARD 2 WEEKS and this is what happened, i would rather be in the beta still. wait until the cops come through the walls
  17. Oct 21, 2014
    It could be such a good game, but there are two big problems it has: At fist, the DLCs. The game has about 6 DLCs wich only add 3 or 4 new weapons and some opticla items. And they cost 5$ each! And the other problem is, there are MANY cheaters. Mainly they have only max level, max skills and unlimited money cheats, but often they also have invincibility and unlimited ammo. With theseIt could be such a good game, but there are two big problems it has: At fist, the DLCs. The game has about 6 DLCs wich only add 3 or 4 new weapons and some opticla items. And they cost 5$ each! And the other problem is, there are MANY cheaters. Mainly they have only max level, max skills and unlimited money cheats, but often they also have invincibility and unlimited ammo. With these cheaters the game pretty sucks! Expand
  18. Oct 25, 2013
    I really don't know what to rate this game... Gameplay is superfun, cool and challenging. But the game is very poorly made and that spoils then fun most of the time.

Things that really need to change: - Connectivity errors or random connection dropouts - There is no way to see if the games that are hosted are stealth or rambo. This sucks very hard because if you are looking for a

Things that really need to change:
    - Connectivity errors or random connection dropouts
    - There is no way to see if the games that are hosted are stealth or rambo. This sucks very hard because if you are looking for a stealth game you have to join 7-8 games before you find one.
    - There are too much random bugs (like not being able to drop a bag, i.e. bagbug).
    - Single player (bots) isn't playable. The bots can't do anything but being immortal, revive and shoot.
    - Annoying cardsystem with mask-upgrades all the time. Or pesky XP or money boosts. I want weapon mods, I don't care about masks...
    - Offshore cash isn't useful at all. It became sort-off usefull while the birthday of Pay Day was being celebrated, but even then it was pointless: 30 million dollars for one low grade weaponmod? Great... There should be more uses for offshore account.

- These are no must for the game to be great, only better: Ways to upgrade and customize your own secret hideout. More weapons would be very handy also. I would like a way of customizing armor as well, it's very ugly right now.

The idea behind the game is brilliant. The execution very, very, VERY bad. Despite all the flaws, bad programming and bugs I rate it a 6 out of 10 because of all the fun I have with it when it works. When the game finally becomes more mature I would rate it higher with no doubt.
  19. Oct 11, 2014
    This game is nice in graphics and gameplay. but what i like the most is the realisticness.but what i DON't like is those DLC!!!!! you can only play 3/1 of the gamemodes but the other 3/2 is purchased!
  20. Feb 7, 2015
    Robbing banks, killing cops, and killing innocent civilians? What message does this repetitive and uninspired game send to all the kids that play it? I hate how you have to do the same thing over and over again to get a new level and get new weapons. Very boring; I was extremely disappointed because my friend told me it was a thrill to play. After shooting at civilians in a bank I fell asleep.
  21. Mar 3, 2015
    I'm not going to criticize the games AI, the presence (or lack of) of bugs, or the sophistication of the engine. I hesitated between giving the game a score of a 1 or a 2, and I settled on a 1. I haven't played the original Payday. I'm just a casual gamer who happened across the title through word of mouth, and if you're anything like me, you would look at a title on the basis of whetherI'm not going to criticize the games AI, the presence (or lack of) of bugs, or the sophistication of the engine. I hesitated between giving the game a score of a 1 or a 2, and I settled on a 1. I haven't played the original Payday. I'm just a casual gamer who happened across the title through word of mouth, and if you're anything like me, you would look at a title on the basis of whether it offered good replay value. I bought the game because it contained co-op multiplayer and was looking for a blast. Unfortunately, the game offers very little replay value. The heists are limited in scope and flexibility. Very quickly they become tiring because there is so little to do heist-wise. Take out a camera, pick that lock, drill that safe, collect that jewellery or tie up that hostage. In the end you end up doing the same things over and over. If you screw up the heist you get to shoot your way out, which again becomes boring and repetitive, because you've done it all before. If the devs could have done anything to save the game, it would be the possibility of making the success of heists dependent on greater stealth, the implementation of which was intrinsically linked to the success of a heist. This would have possibly enabled a greater co-operative experience. Unfortunately this is absent in Payday 2, so you get the notion that whether a heist is performed through stealth or brute force, it doesn't really matter. And since most heists online do go wrong pretty quickly, it just becomes a shoot-your-way-out action game, with a few heist related activities available for show. That just makes it repetitive, and it gets old pretty quickly. 1/10 from me. Expand
  22. Jul 29, 2014
    Payday 2 is an excellent game that is better then the first but isn't too different that some would say it is a whole new game. It brings back the clever co-op from the first game and makes it more deep and interacting. There are many new features added such as the new weapons, armour and mask customization which makes it a more interesting game because it brings in elements of thePayday 2 is an excellent game that is better then the first but isn't too different that some would say it is a whole new game. It brings back the clever co-op from the first game and makes it more deep and interacting. There are many new features added such as the new weapons, armour and mask customization which makes it a more interesting game because it brings in elements of the community as people design their player the way they want. And there is a wide variety of heists to choose from but a lot of them are from download able game content. This is a great game and I would recommend it to new players in the co-op genre and to skilled players from games such as Left 4 Dead/2 Expand
  23. Apr 6, 2015
    I liked the first one but put simply this is a crap game which is very boring, repetitive and easy.
    Very bland and average sequel which is obviously made by very lazy devs.
    Very bland and average sequel which is obviously made by very lazy devs.
    Most of the maps are terrible quality, the a.i's pathfinding is terrible, the gameplay balance is terrible, the dlc is horrible expensive, the balance of the skills is terrible, the voice acting is terrible, the music is terrible.
    I'm not sure why I wouldn't say that it is a terrible game becaue most aspects of it are of terrible quality.
  24. Apr 6, 2015
    bad graphics look like from 2001.
    bad audio.
    too much dlc.
    dlc too expensive.
    bad game.
  25. Dec 5, 2013
    I really enjoy this game. The graphics are very nice, the game play is fun, and the unlock system is pretty well designed. Overall this game is very entertaining and fun.

However after following this game for quite a while during development, it's now incredibly frustrating that they're implementing DLC micro-transactions despite stating during development they would not. We were completely lied to by the developers as they are now releasing $7 and $5 add-ons to the game that unlock exclusive weapons and perks. Even though the game is co-op, players now officially gain a significant advantage over others by paying small fees for bonus weapons and abilities.

I bought the game after believing the developers were on board with users stance against micro-transactions and now I feel cheated out of the money I paid when I thought I was buying a complete game.
  26. Mar 18, 2014
    It hurts me to have to write such a devastating review of a game I wanted to love, but the fact is that Payday 2 is and has been a total disaster from the start. The root cause is the developer of the game Overkill software, and more specifically their lead developer Andrew Goldfarb. Everything done in development or since release for Payday 2 has been focused on slick PR, coercing playersIt hurts me to have to write such a devastating review of a game I wanted to love, but the fact is that Payday 2 is and has been a total disaster from the start. The root cause is the developer of the game Overkill software, and more specifically their lead developer Andrew Goldfarb. Everything done in development or since release for Payday 2 has been focused on slick PR, coercing players into buying DLC to help them advance, systematically removing as much fun as possible from the game, and breaking every significant promise they made to those that supported them in the move from indie mod project to AAA-level title, and as if that wasn't enough, they go out of their way to simultaneously insult paying customers who ask relevant questions or who have any type of complaint, legitimate or not.

The last patch, the "Death Wish" patch, completely destroyed the game balance to pander to achievement whores (the 3rd or 4th time this has happened to date) and to give the appearance of the developer supporting the game above-and-beyond what is the norm. This is a standard pattern for Overkill, and nothing could be further from the truth. The 360 version of the game has never been patched to date. 7-day heists and safehouse customization, two important features promised for release, have never been added despite 24 patches and 5 pay DLCs. Every patch adds hideous new bugs and destroys game balance, while critical game-breaking bugs fester for months without being acknowledged, much less fixed. Hackers ruin the game regularly as it uses a peer-to-peer multiplayer model and relies on no master server, auth, or security. Overkill's answer to hacking? A pointless PR campaign that "they care about cheating" and a forum thread telling you to report hackers via email, but once explored is shown to be a total facade that wastes everybody's time as Overkill has no actual recourse to ban players or affect hacking in any way because of their poor implementation.

Goldfarb does ban people, frequently and very loudly, from his twitter account if they are negative about the game or ask difficult questions, and why not? The man is a real hero and he wants you to know he stands for justice. The Payday 2 steam forums are full of trolls and sycophants, threads regularly disappear without warning, and there is a nasty little group of fellaters (players with cash.net in their name) that edit and remove posts as they please with no oversight or moderation. Through all of this, Overkill touts how they "listen to the fans", when the last 6 months of Payday 2 have proven to any sane person that not only do they NOT listen, they go out of their way to anger and troll their own paying customers. Examples of this are numerous: cameras added that can't be destroyed that say "Suck it" on them, special enemies that 1-shot you regardless of your stats/level/health while telling you to "go to the forums and cry like a little **** and even making the aforementioned special have an incredibly irritating fingernails-on-a-chalkboard high pitched whine that is constant, cannot itself be disabled, and is the very definition of 'tinnitus'. This last issue has caused thousands of players to quit the game or play with their sound off, and Overkill have not acknowledged how serious it is nor patched it. I hope somebody sues the hell out of them for it, I really do. It might seem like I've listed a huge litany of complaints about the game in this review, but honestly I've barely scratched the surface. There simply isn't room here to discuss the countless ways that Payday 2 has been systematically destroyed.

Put it this way: Overkill is so petty that they had Valve arbitrarily (and in secret) remove the COMMUNITY VOTED top tag for Payday 2, "Bag Throwing Simulator", because most missions involve throwing bags repeatedly as you move them across the level while surviving L4D zombie levels of supercops. They also regularly remove fan posted material from the steam pages if it is any way critical of Payday 2 or Overkill. This rigorous, draconian, PRC-esque clampdown on all negative material indeed does give the game the appearance of being much more than it actually is. Don't be fooled. I've got nearly 500 hours in Payday 2 and it was once a very enjoyable (but seriously flawed) experience. These days, it's just insulting.
  27. Mar 21, 2014
    The game was good till update 23. My friends and I had a lot fun, playing for hours without a break. But now... after Death Wish (update 24) it became unplayable, at least for me (in my way to play). Overkill / Starbreeze are trying to fix what they screwed up... but it is too late. "Play our way or get away" it is their thought now. So, I get away.
  28. Mar 22, 2014
    This game was trash. uber trash, ultra trash, all kinds of trash.

Enemies got clipped inside walls and could shoot through all terrain, the tutorial explained nothing, the stealth aspect is non-existent, The game is impossible when trying to play with any less than three players, The cops are an endless spawn of zombie-like swat troopers. Do not play this even for free, minutes of
    This game was trash. uber trash, ultra trash, all kinds of trash.

Do not play this even for free, minutes of your life are worth more than this. Why god why, games like this should be banned from release.

The premise was good. The idea of planning and orchestrating bank-heists is interesting, however this game does nothing right, NOTHING.
  29. Apr 3, 2014
    According to Steam, I've logged 30 hours of time playing Payday 2. Let me be perfectly honest: I hate this game. I'm impressed I was able to stomach it for 30 hours.

I hate the last-gen graphics. I hate the horrible AI. I hate the terrible campaign design. I hate the half-arsed storytelling. I hate the cringe inducing voice acting. I hate the problematic hit detection. I hate the confusing gameplay design choices (Why does a body have to be in a bag in order to be picked up? Why are you only allowed to carry two zip ties?) I hate that an awesome soundtrack was ruined by being associated with this train wreck of a game.

This game could've been something fantastic. It's truly an interesting concept in cooperative shooters. But everywhere you look in this game, it just reeks of lazy design, lazy programmers, and not nearly enough time spent on QA.

I give it points for being a poorly executed great idea. And I also give it points for having a soundtrack that deserved to be in a better game than this.
  30. Mar 26, 2014
    PAYDAY 2: the game where you and other 3 players kill mindless swarms of cops while always doing the same objectives.

It was funny for the first 30 hours. Then I realized I wasted $30 usd on an arcade shooter of killing retarded cops for the sake of lvling and getting enough money for doing "Infamy", which is almost the exact thing that "Prestige" from CoD. You loose all your money, your level is reset to 0 and you can start lvling again. All for a mask and a supposed "buff" that gives you nothing.

It's not funny. The whole game is based on hooking you to grinding exp and money. Heists are boring, limited and repetitive, with re-used maps and repetitive objectives. There used to be a simple stealth system that was rather fun and gave actual replay-ability to the game. You could challenge yourself and solo-stealth missions on the highest difficulty just by being level 35 or so and by having the right gear. After Update 24, the "Death Wish update", stealth and low levels got almost completely ruined. You can't solo stealth most missions now (and there aren't many missions), hell, you can't stealth most missions now, period. Low levels got ruined because of the new exp system, which is BS.

Want more BS? There's no anti-cheaters protection. This game is swarmed by hackers. But I personally don't care. They actually enhance the game rather than annoy the community. They give tons of money and can make you lvl up fast if you're good to them, plus they can start custom game modes like pvp or a boss fight with a powerful Bulldozer and his henchmen.

OVERKILL keeps saying they care about their community, but the proof they give is different. They keep releasing weapon pack DLCs with items that should have been included in the game and they barely release new, innovative maps. Grenades, which come in the "Gage weapon pack #1" and are very useful, are worth $5. And you buy that pack only for the grenades, the other content sucks. It makes me wonder sometimes if this is a p2w game and if they ruined stealth in purpose so you would go loud and buy their DLCs.

Overall, this is not the big game of robbing big banks with lots of preparation, planification, etc we were promised. This is the lvling game. You play a lot to level up, or you hack and become bored when you find out there's not much to do on the game when you're level 100.
  31. Oct 1, 2014
    After a longer break from this game I've started playing it "casually". Of course, this game is still quite repetitive to grind your way to level max or now to "Infamy" levels, the DLCs cost quite a bit (but got most of them during steam sales quite cheap) and with "The Dentist", Heists have pre-planning, allowing you to mess that up, too, but it is AWESOME! After all this time playing andAfter a longer break from this game I've started playing it "casually". Of course, this game is still quite repetitive to grind your way to level max or now to "Infamy" levels, the DLCs cost quite a bit (but got most of them during steam sales quite cheap) and with "The Dentist", Heists have pre-planning, allowing you to mess that up, too, but it is AWESOME! After all this time playing and still not level max, it is still fun to play 2-4 maps an evening stealthy or loud. The greatest f*ckup in this game is the "connection lost" problem. You've played for an hour on the higher difficulties and get nothing from losing the connection before the final "Payday".

IF you play this game only to be level max, complain about high DLC prices and -- in compare to this -- crappy gameplay, you should definitely get the last few CoD games.

Final comment on: "200k for a bigger Magazine!?"
    >> Yes, that is called "Balance buy once items" or did you like to have useless spending money or buy every item like a "consumable" (Bullets, Magazines, Drills, etc.)? Better think about "the Police releases the criminal for a hostage with all his guns, ammo and sh*t.
  32. Sep 29, 2013
    Payday 2 is anything but a good Coop shooter. For starters, the voice acting is terrible, so is the mission design. It's an overpriced half finished shooter that does nothing new to re-invent the genre. You might aswell just save your 30€ and pre order GTA V instead.
  33. Aug 23, 2013
    Im glad to see the metascore decline and more negative user reviews reflecting the direction this game and its developers have taken. The game was released with very little content, false advertising was used. Some of the maps are very short and reused and theres not many EPIC heists as the first game. The game has a host of bugs still and Crime net is a bit undesirable. You selectIm glad to see the metascore decline and more negative user reviews reflecting the direction this game and its developers have taken. The game was released with very little content, false advertising was used. Some of the maps are very short and reused and theres not many EPIC heists as the first game. The game has a host of bugs still and Crime net is a bit undesirable. You select missions that appear on a map of a DC metro area rather than just picking what you want. Its a fun game but it feels grindy the point of the game is to farm for experience to gain new levels to access new perks and to get Loot card drops for weapon mods and masks and materials to customize masks that all cost money and you cant customize a mask again after its already been touched. Not that many exciting weapons either and limited slots for weapons and masks.

The mission variety isnt as stellar as I thought it would be and the worst offense is they plan to complete the game with 5 Dlcs you have to pay for. They sure learned some nasty marketing tricks from David Goldfarb who use to work at EA games notorious for these types of Practices.

Sorry David, and Almir... the game is not finished by any means. This could of been such a memorable game that would last me well over 100 hours of gameplay. Still The game has given me many hours of enjoyment and beats most 60 dollar games but it didnt live up to the hype.

I expect the Dlc will take more than a year to be finished releasing and will all be overpriced.
  34. Oct 31, 2013
    When this game was first released it was fantastic! Sure there was not a whole lot of content, but there was a promise of more and what they had was good. Then they changed how some things worked, like they added finite numbers to things which made the game even more playable and fun.

Unfortunately with the numbers came the arbitrary artificial difficulty spike in the game. Suddenly armor didn't seem to matter and even the best armor in the game would get 2 shot within a second, and there are places that you CANNOT stealth with this mechanic implemented. The stealth is par at best with certain aspects being incredibly aggravating like sound being heard from suppressed weapons across rooms and through a few walls. But all this could be made up for since it's a co-op game and could have a good community...riiiggghhhttt?

This game has a terrible community and overkill poorly supports it. It is hard to find good connections to games and when you do if you're low level don't expect to stay. Overkill tries to "help" the community by censoring it. As an example just look at their statement on cheating. In a nutshell it states that if you even mention the word cheating anywhere on their forums even if it would be beneficial towards the community to know what to look for expect an immediate ban from their forums and possibly of anything overkill related and them reporting you to valve as if that does anything.

I can't even go to their forums anymore for fear if I say anything negative I won't be able to play anything of their's ever again. Hell, I don't know if I'm safe even here. If they look at this review and find me on steam then they may do the exact same thing.

At first, I felt bad for the backlash their community gave them for some things. Now that they have taken the lower ground I feel no shame in saying that their decisions with the game so far are terrible and I don't see a bright future for it.
  35. Nov 20, 2013
    There is a fun game here, if you can find it. You will need three friends who are capable of clear communication and four microphones. Without these things your options are random matchmaking or AI teammates.
    The AI is laughably incompetent and will literally only shoot at cops when you are under siege. They will not carry bags, steal money, take hostages, etc etc etc. So playing the game solo is basically impossible, except on the easiest of levels or with the most advanced equipment.
    As for randoms, you will occasionally get a decent game, but the vast majority of players never seem to use voice or text chat. The only communication tool the game provides is a single all-purpose button, no voice call-out menu or anything like that. Matchmaking missions tend to devolve into 4 people doing their own thing in the same map, kind of like Monaco but much, much less fun.

There are other problems: progression is trickle-fed like a heroin drip, with the almost never avoided pitfall of leaving new players with almost nothing. The starter rifle and pistol are wildly inaccurate, and the game mechanics make it ridiculously difficult to pull off a heist without alerting the police while at low level. I appreciate a satisfying skill tree and item progression, but restricting new players into only playing the game one way is not the correct way to do it. So far my time with the game has resembled Left 4 Dead more than Monaco, Hitman or Thief.

The biggest technical issue is the insane hard drive bloat. The game originally required less than 10gb of space. With the latest DLC, it now takes up just under 25gb. That is bigger than GTAIV, RAGE or RO2. This is completely ridiculous, and could well make the game unplayable for someone who bought it thinking the officially listed requirement of 10gb was accurate.
  36. Oct 19, 2014
    Completely nonsense and unrealistic.
    AI dumb especially if you play solo your fellas dont even pick up loot bag. Cops kill hostages.
    If you aim everything becomes blurry (!) and you can barely see what you are shooting at. Graphic is nice but useless for a game like this. Even more useless without DLC (everything is locked!!). And to be honest i almost feel bad when I kill all those
    Completely nonsense and unrealistic.
    Graphic is nice but useless for a game like this.
    Even more useless without DLC (everything is locked!!).
    And to be honest i almost feel bad when I kill all those cops (like hundreds in every mission) and unless you are high level there's no chance to play it in stealth mode.
    45/100.
  37. Nov 11, 2013
    This game doesn't really deserve all the praise being heaped on it. It's a fun game-- you, four friends, a heist, plenty of things to shoot, and different ways to complete missions. What's not to love?

Well, to start, it's grindy. Very grindy. I still don't have the silent drill after many hours of play in the technician tech tree. And I still don't have good mods for my weapons, because they only drop randomly. And you can't trade. And you still have to pay ingame cash for them after they do drop. Yep, that's double-dipping in terms of extending the length of the game. And it goes past that-- there are only a few missions, it's only worth it to play on Overkill difficulty due to only those missions giving enough experience and money, and contracts are very expensive. That means that either you grind for more mission money after being a charity for the three other guys in the party by buying the mission contract, or you wait for an Overkill mission to pop up on the jobs map. And after you get into a mission, hope that you connect, because you'll normally be stuck in a connection loop, or find "lobby full" when you try to join someone else's game. And after you join the game, you have a high chance of being kicked thanks to the uncommunicative and elitist community. Not high level enough? Kicked, even though there's A FILTER FOR THAT they chose not to use. They just want to be dicks to you? Kick you right before the mission ends so you won't get XP or money. But let's assume you get a working, nice crew together. Now you don't know if everyone wants to do the same thing, or has the proper loadout. The game was advertised as one where you'll call up a friend with specialties to perform a specific job. In reality, you don't have that many friends, and never will. You have to rely on randoms. Can you advertise a lobby as a stealth only lobby? Can you make sure you have skills A, B, C and D before you go in? No. You can't. So even if against all odds you get a sane game, you might not have the right team compo. And then there's random other issues. For one, there just aren't a lot of mission types. There are only really about 8 mission types in the game (probably why they have to try so hard to stretch content out). Guns don't sound right, and the shooting feels bad. The soundtrack is kind of awful and repetitive. If your final team member doesn't go to the extraction point, then the rest of you can be shot while he dawdles and then you'll fail the mission (downed members anywhere, including in the extraction point, prevent extraction). There's no proper offline practice mode, because you'll lose ingame currency if you buy contracts in offline mode, and lose money for killing civilians in offline mode.

So why am I giving this game a 5? What's there good about it? Like I said, it's a four player co-op heist game. It's still pretty fun to play with friends. It might be the only thing your friends will agree on. But friends make everything tolerable-- the game is still pretty bad.
  38. Feb 15, 2014
    This could've been a great game but there are too many stupid things about it..

This could've been a great game but there are too many stupid things about it..

..this is a heist game that doesn't let u do heists...civilians instantly call the cops and in less than 2 minutes they swarm in all over the place like a brainless zombie apocalipse at which point finishing the mission is next to impossible on harder dificulties...the stealth part is a joke, as if there is such a thing as robbing a bank in the middle of the day by stealth....for some weird reason your AI teammates can't carrie bags but the cops AI can.....god knows this doesn't make any sense.....there are only 2 banks in this game and they didn't even bother making them realistic... what kind of bank in the civilized world has the vault out in the open where u can see it from across the street because the building has more windows than a school buss?.. ..there are so many stupid things in this game that doesn't make any sense like the drill that opens the vault stopping every 20 seconds and the ridiculous loading time of interacting with items and things....what were they thinking when they designed this game???....is like 50% of the game they've done a great job and the other 50% they totally ruined it....hopefully they're gonna do it right next time because as far as i'm concerned payday 2 is a big epic failure.
  39. Jul 26, 2014
    Games don't connect/crash/desync/fail to join frequently in peak hours. Lots of overpriced dlc. Tons of glitches, bugs, and hackers. These issues will most likely not be fixed seeing as forums from more than a year ago still make the exact same complaints.
  40. Sep 9, 2013
    Do NOT ignore all the negative reviews that only talk about technical issues. If a game does not work, then you cannot play, and a game that works is always better than one which does not work. Would you rather a pacman arcade or Crysis running at 5 FPS? And this game essentially requires multiplayer, with all its connection issues. The AI assisting you are dumb, the AI for the enemies areDo NOT ignore all the negative reviews that only talk about technical issues. If a game does not work, then you cannot play, and a game that works is always better than one which does not work. Would you rather a pacman arcade or Crysis running at 5 FPS? And this game essentially requires multiplayer, with all its connection issues. The AI assisting you are dumb, the AI for the enemies are dumb, about the only seemingly not dumb AI are the ones who are supposed to press the panic buttons. But back to technicals. I have a generation one i7 with a GTX 580 and I can't run this on full HD. Maybe I have old drivers or I heated them too much you say, okay perhaps that explains the low FPS, but it certainly isn't causing the mouse lag. Look it up. It's a retarded problem I've never seen happen in any other game. If I lower resolution to 1600 900 its workable but anything higher and the mouse is not crisp. Thankfully the AI are dumb so it's like playing a zombie game when you're shooting but this carries over to the menus. Like, really? There's a host of other technical problems too, including the game crashing when you attempt to accept a friend invite to a game. Which you basically have to because the lobby system in this game is garbage.

And it has to be, because otherwise it'd be all too clear that this game has 0 content. Starting a mission requires you to look at what appears to be a map of a city, and then there are random dots that show up here and there. You aren't allowed to just pick a certain mission or a certain difficulty, you have to wait for it to pop up. It's not even in predictable locations; you'll find the exact same mission spawn on two entirely different points on the map. The maps have slightly different spawns totally to maybe five variations tops on each mission, but overall its the same stuff. This randomness is also in equipment: you can buy your base guns, but every single mod and every single mask component has to be obtained through random draw at the end of missions through this pick a card thing. Oh, and you still have to pay for them.

And every single mission briefing or ending there are people talking about the "story" in the background.

And that's the game. What did I pay 30 bucks for again? This is an "Action RPG"? Where's the action and where's the RPG? Maybe RPG stands for Random Player Game, because even the player's own equipment can only be obtained through lottery.

If you always have 3 friends playing with you then perhaps going full stealth every time inserts a little strategy and coordination into it, but just playing by yourself or with pubbies will always just turn it into Zombies: Stealing Cash With Clown Masks Edition.
  41. Oct 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is complete bloody If you played the beta you have no reason to buy this game you have played the complete game basically minus 10 player experience levels and in whichever class you choose and 3 or 4 guns pretty much (that are honestly lacking and where is the lmg's?). 17 Heists/Jobs (30 Stages/Missions) 6 (random) Escape Heists is what they promised, what was actually given was like 10 or 12 tops. Worthless considering every heist is about 1/3 in size or complexity in comparison to any heist on PD1 not to mention the copy/paste effort that each heist is. When i say there is 10 to 12 heists half of those are also the EXACT SAME. Bank cash,deposit and gold are 3 different heists regardless of them being literally the exact same missions with a different bag item and jewellery store and the Ukrainian job are also basically the same. Oh and they also count a difficulty as a whole new set of heists to bump up their abysmally small list. Also the dynamic environment is pretty much the same every time you play minus one less or more guard/security camera in a slightly different spot. Expand
  42. Sep 20, 2013
    Some would say Payday 2 feels like a massive improvement to its predecessor Payday: The Heist.

I, however, disagree. The game graphically is horrifyingly plain; environments lack detail and often have awful textures which for whatever reason were not present in the beta. This makes no sense whatsoever. As if to add insult to injury: the game runs on an ageing engine which pales in

I, however, disagree.

The game graphically is horrifyingly plain; environments lack detail and often have awful textures which for whatever reason were not present in the beta. This makes no sense whatsoever. As if to add insult to injury: the game runs on an ageing engine which pales in comparison to other games released this year.

Secondly, the AI is abysmal: in the single player you start with two teammates (not three, strangely) with their only real purpose is to shoot the never ending onslaught on Washington's police force. These AI teammates cannot help you with objectives; can't pick up bags and can't even smash store windows to help you so be prepared to do EVERYTHING yourself. The police AI also pales as well, their basic tactics consist of charging your position all the time tossing smoke bombs and occasionally tear gas as they run into you not being conscientious of their surrounding cover.

Thirdly; Crime.net is an absolute p***take. In both the online mode and offline mode you have to sit looking at a Google Earth-esqe map of Washington for the minimum of two minutes waiting for the mission that you want to pop up. The most annoying part of this is each mission that pops up has its own set difficulty: so you have to wait for both the mission you want to pop up AND the difficulty you want to pop up. This infuriates me so much. On the side you can select your mission directly, skipping the waiting time for it to pop up; but you have to spend your goddamn in-game money to buy a contract to go stealing money to make a profit again? WHAT.

Fourth is the overall state of the game itself; the game itself shipped with about FIVE missions originally. The same amount as in the beta I might add. This is a serious lack of content and Overkill have already planned DLC? Fix the bugs first! The levels themselves are not as dynamic as Overkill makes them sound either; there are subtle differences between each time you play the mission but nothing you'll really appreciate as you constantly blast away the police force and constantly repair the goddamn drills that the so-called 'master criminals' have. This seriously makes me question why you can't upgrade your drill unless you do the Technician skill tree? Sigh.

If you can manage to get into a game with your friends however (there's quite a few connection issues going around; then the game can provide a minor modicum on amusement as your team can actually help you grind through the ranks. The music is pretty good when the assaults start and gets you ready for the next wave of enemies; shame there's barely enough time to do anything productive in between these waves.

Also, they took out the Cloaker from the original; which is a shame as I enjoyed the mild thrill of trying to shoot the Sam-Fisher like ninja policeman.
  43. Oct 30, 2013
    They improved on everything the original did, but there was some issues such as having the SECOND WORSE COMMUNITY, if you just bought the game the chances of finding a match are incredibly low. I got this on launch of steam and got to level 58 quite easily but whenever i joined a game there was always a new player trying to join and he kept getting kicked because he was too low a level.They improved on everything the original did, but there was some issues such as having the SECOND WORSE COMMUNITY, if you just bought the game the chances of finding a match are incredibly low. I got this on launch of steam and got to level 58 quite easily but whenever i joined a game there was always a new player trying to join and he kept getting kicked because he was too low a level. After this i hosted a new game just for new players. Not all people are dicks but a massive percentage of players are. There is also a massive amount of grinding required. I haven't played this game in a month and i still know the entire layout and tactics. Its not good level design its receptivity. Expand
  44. Mar 15, 2014
    Bought the 4-pack to give-away to 3 friends. Enjoyed it very much. Patch after patch the game got better. Until someone decides to break the fun on the deathwish patch. Game became a chore and fun was taken away by their supposed magical pixie dust.

This is my last OVERKILL game.
  45. Jul 14, 2014
    I'm sorry to say that I'm frustrated how poorly this game was developed.

I'm sorry to say that I'm frustrated how poorly this game was developed.

- The AI is beyond awful. The developer tried to account for that by throwing hundreds upon hundreds of cops at you. Your teammates take no objectives whatsoever, instead just lingering around, shooting infinite ammunition. To your utmost frustration, they don't even bother to pick up a bag or flip a switch directly next to them.
    - Stealthiness is limited in unreasonable ways. You have to put dead bodies you want to move into one of your limited body bags, and answering pagers randomly fails.
    - Missions are made challenging in frustratingly dumb ways. Trying to hack a computer? The cops will switch one of three circuit breakers. Of course it's entirely unreasonable to have all three covered, and the cops only need to brush past them to force you to go through the hoops of flipping them and starting the hacking again, all of which takes so much time that doing an entire 3-day job will literally take up to 5 hours.
    - Unlocks. The objective is of course to level up to get unlocks. By limiting the number of body bags you have, or allowing you to reduce the amount of drilling time from ridiculously insanely long, to only insanely long does not a funner game make.
    - Cards. Randomly flipping cards so I can unlock a new mask? Give me a break.

I'm so frustrated by what this game could have been, that I've only begun to hate it for all it's annoyances. These guys simply don't know what makes a game fun.

The constant disconnects and the game constantly pausing while peers (re)connect only adds to the general malaise that is PAYDAY 2.
  46. Oct 2, 2013
    they basically took what made payday 1 great and removed it. payday 1 wasnt based around silly RPG nonsense and was known for how tough it was.
    payday 2? you can beat the whole game on its hardest with very low levels without any trouble
    add that to the fact that all the achievements are very dumb and the only "hard" ones are luck based payday 1 took me and my friend (we were just two)
    payday 1 took me and my friend (we were just two) around 300 hours to completely beat (hello heat street 145+)
    payday 2? we were done at the 30 hour mark
  47. Apr 18, 2014
    The game wants you to do all the missions the same way. which is basically fight the waves while you wait for something to happen. There is stealth but with every update they add something to make stealth harder, ppl usually get tired of failing and go to the hold your ground strategy.

The after-mission prizes are useless, imagine you being at lv100 with 10million cash and the, after a 2 hour stealth mission you get a card that gives you 70k cash.

There is already 3 DLC with useless content, that alone makes me rate this game bad.

Don't buy this **** but if you do, don't EVER buy any DLC.
  48. Jul 31, 2014
    This is a great game...if you have friends to play it with you. The mission's I've played with pugs have to be some of the worst in my entire experience. You can get kicked for nothing and people leaving games at a whim is becoming an epidemic. But if you have some buddies to play with, the game becomes 100% better. The jobs are recycled but you can go for harder difficulties which offerThis is a great game...if you have friends to play it with you. The mission's I've played with pugs have to be some of the worst in my entire experience. You can get kicked for nothing and people leaving games at a whim is becoming an epidemic. But if you have some buddies to play with, the game becomes 100% better. The jobs are recycled but you can go for harder difficulties which offer greater rewards but more risk. Pulling off an incredibly hard job is a great feeling. So if you have a couple friend who will play this game with you then its definitely worth it. Otherwise I'd suggest giving this game a pass. There is a single player mode but no real story to speak of and the AI is awful. More often a hindrance than a help. Expand
  49. Dec 30, 2014
    Bought this on a whim a few months ago, couldn't stop playing it. If you've ever wanted a game where you actually get to rob banks and shoot at cops, this is for you.
  50. Nov 28, 2014
    Pretty great game. I hate the idea of having to pay for everything even if i own it though. why do i need to pay $100k to put on a sight i already own? In real life it doesn't cost that much.
  51. Aug 29, 2013
    Jesus Christ Overkill. great job messing everything up with your absolutely genius idea of Crime.net. No one can stand the game cuz of this idea. SCRAP IT ALREADY!
    And what the hell is up with the 100% completely random loot? You think players WANTED that kind of a system? What the ****?

The game is not horrendous. The actual gameplay is great. But dealing with Crime.net to get into a match is too damn tedious, and random loot destroys any reward incentive to work for or progress towards in the game.

The community gave you so many great ideas and not ONCE did anyone EVER suggest something was wrong with the old match making system, OR that a completely randomized loot system sounded like a great idea. That's absurd to even think.

What could have been one of the greatest games this year was destroyed by these two dumbass features. It was pretty unwise to "experiment" with your second game ever made. Look what you did! Great job guys!
    Stop trying to force this failure of an idea down our throats and telling us "we will learn to like it" and just replace it before the hype dies out and no one will give it a second try.
    Crime.net absolutely SUCKS.
    Random loot systems absolutely SUCK.
    Fix it.
  52. Dec 12, 2014
    I have spent 160+ hours of gameplay on this masterpiece. All the scenarios look like a real situation, with security cameras, guards, locked doors, computers to hack and if you mess the stealth mode, a lot of cops drop in and really give you a bad time. Difficulty level: not for beginners. If you play with three more of your friends, you have endless fun. Guaranteed.
  53. Jun 28, 2014
    The best Co-op game to date.
    In left 4 dead you can run off and still survive, yes. but here, you have 0 chance. you must stick with your group and follow the plan.
    Leave someone behind and you'll regret it later.
    Pick your weapons carefully and fire at the targets who are most needed of a bullet in their head.
    Its amazing.
  54. Jun 28, 2014
    In theory, the job was easy. But then again, aren’t they all? Me and three other wiseguys would hit this bank, break into the vault and make off with the cash housed within. Being the people person that I am, my job was to make sure none of the customers got any funny ideas about being a hero, calling the cops or whatever.

So after I’d killed the security guard outside and sweet-talked

So after I’d killed the security guard outside and sweet-talked the dispatcher on the other end of his pager, I’d waltz into the lobby – all calm and serious, like – and start tying up those innocent bystanders. In the meantime, our safecracker would kindly persuade the manager to hand over his keycard, shut off the security system and get drilling on the vault, while the two other members of our operation searched for any civilians we’d missed in the backrooms and kept an eye outside. Easy, right?

This is how it went down. The back door was open on this run – which was great, since it meant the manager would probably go for a stroll outside. The problem was an extra guard, patrolling the carpark and heading up on the roof every few minutes. Quick change of plan, then – I’d take out the roof guard, handle the pager, etc, then wait on the roof for my colleagues to take out the second guard and the manager at the same time. Then I’d rush downstairs and start introducing the bank’s patrons to Mr Cable Tie. You’ve gotta know how to improvise in this business, after all – there’s no room for linear thinkers on my crew.

So up on the roof I slip on my mask, whip out my silenced pistol, and everything goes to hell. My pistol’s definitely silenced, but clearly not silenced enough, because a few traitorous decibels leak down to alert one of the civilians inside. They must have had the police on speed-dial, because seconds later we’re treated to the wailing screech of a siren. Time to go loud.
    In many ways, the moment where everything goes wrong is the heart of this cooperative first-person shooter. The following seconds of panicked improvisation, when the brilliantly pounding dance music kicks in, plans get reformulated and roles reassigned on the fly, deliver some of the most intense cooperative thrills I’ve ever experienced outside of a game of Left 4 Dead 2. But it’s also the heart of Payday 2 in another respect: it’s the point where vague, unclear game mechanics and a steep, pointlessly restrictive upgrade system lets you down.

Payday 2 isn’t a stealth game, but it pretends to be, as the majority of heists start off with you casing the joint. There’s something powerfully evocative about these moments: the game utterly sells the heist fantasy as you and your friends coolly evaluate the guards and security systems of whatever establishment it is you’re about to ransack – a trap ready to spring. But the developers don’t deliver on this build-up. The moment you don your masks and start taking out security guards, someone blunders, or something goes spectacularly wrong.

Often, it’s your fault: a team member running into the view of a security camera, gun drawn. Sometimes it’s due to fuzzy rules, even if you are still technically to blame, as was the case with my silenced gunshot being heard through the roof. But then there are the incidents where you have nothing to fault but the game: an untouchable civilian on the other side of the invisible walls that bound the arena, calling the police. When my team and I finally pulled off a slick, perfect heist we did so via a zero-tolerance policy toward these unpredictable innocent bystanders: we killed anyone on the periphery who couldn’t be tied down.

The near-inevitability of failure might be designed into the game, but it’s a pity, as it renders the stealthier parts of the various skill trees less valuable. It also means that your choice at the outset of a mission between wearing unassuming civilian clothes or conspicuous body armour isn’t much of a choice at all – unless you’re prepared to restart until you get it right.
    Payday 2 wants you to fail because it’s not actually a heist game but a heist-themed siege shooter. Some of the best levels realise this, and give you something to do other than sneak in quietly. Assaulting a meth den, holding off an attacking SWAT team, and then proceeding to cook your own batch of meth is a decent example of the kind of audacious stuff the game can, ahem, cook up, when not limited by missions that entail botched sneaky entrances followed by your team defending a drill boring its way into a money vault. The meth lab mission requires at least one team member to carefully add ingredients to the mixture at the correct time, while everyone else battles heavily armoured SWAT enforcers in the kitchen downstairs.
    Payday 2 is so enjoyable that i was willing to play it daily at 640x480 resolution at the lowest settings and still run it at 15-20 fps
  55. Sep 14, 2013
    The latest update really killed this game. Was one of my favorites. That made it take 5x longer to gain a level and 5x longer to buy any kind of weapon. Just a senseless grind. Used to be a good mix of stealth and fighting, now anything but stealth is impossible. Uninstalled after this last patch patch. Do not buy until you see at least version 1.3. I hope they learn from their mistake.
  56. Sep 14, 2013
    Last patch ruined the game. Unless you have friends that play, or you buy the 90 dollar 4 pack you are wasting your time. Single player is only playable in stealth, and you have to reach lvl 45-50 to even come close to the skills needed to single hand missions. They just nerfed the EXP and money for all heists to the point you are probably going to put in at least 60-80 hours of playLast patch ruined the game. Unless you have friends that play, or you buy the 90 dollar 4 pack you are wasting your time. Single player is only playable in stealth, and you have to reach lvl 45-50 to even come close to the skills needed to single hand missions. They just nerfed the EXP and money for all heists to the point you are probably going to put in at least 60-80 hours of play before you reach those levels. Save your money and wait it out. Expand
  57. Sep 10, 2013
    PAYDAY 2 could have been a perfect game, but some evident laziness (or outright incompetence) on the part of the developers in some areas stopped it from reaching that point.

I understand this game is intended to be a CO-OP game, but that doesn't mean it should be boring and even frustrating to play alone. The missions are obviously designed for multiple people, playing them alone can leave you lugging 6 bags from point A to point B one by one as your AI teammates will not assist you with anything except combat. On the topic of AI, even disregarding the atrocious allied AI, the enemy AI is equally as bad difficulty levels are lazy and don't add anything to the tactics enemy AI use, they simply do more damage and are harder to kill.

On a positive note, the game is remarkably fun with a few friends, even with the problems with enemy AI. It's fast-paced, exciting, and rewarding. The specialization skill trees are subtle enough to be reasonable and yet still feel like there's a difference in terms of your ability as any particular role.

Do the cons outweigh the pros? I'm not one to decide that, but this game has glaring issues that should have been addressed prior to launch. However, for a $30 game, it's most likely well worth your money if you have a few friends to play with.
  58. Sep 18, 2013
    After one month of intensive playing i de-installed this game.
    After one month of intensive playing i de-installed this game.
    My first Score was 9 but i reduce it now to 3 because the dev s changed much of the game-play with their latest updates. Unnecessary things. They try to re-balance the game for no reason(the beta and release Version were really good) dont fix bugs(every update brings new game-breaking, bugs) dont add new Maps, and dont add Mod or Workshop support(which are all asked by the community). They try to force you to play how they want, and not how you like. If you found a weapon and a class you like to play, they will change them.
    Because they look on their chart and say: yea that class is overpowered" or "nobody play with that weapon we have to change something". Remember its a coop game against bots. A Chart cant tell you a game makes fun or not.Their new balance updates makes overall no sense and destroys the four unique class we newed from the beta and the beginning. If you dont own this game, but want to buy it, dont do it now. Wait till a discount or pass it. The chance the devs will continue to break this game is very high.
  59. Aug 4, 2014
    The only reason this game is getting a 3 is because I got it from a steam sale. It cost me about $5 and for the few dozen hours I played it, it was alright, considering the game breaking issues it presents.

The issue I have with this game is simply the fact that this game can turn really fast into a major trolling central, because if you are playing without friends on online multiplayer, expect to be kicked A LOT, even RIGHT AFTER YOU FINISH A JOB. Yes, you heard me right - the host can kick you whenever they can, preventing you from getting money and experience, which is a HUGE requirement in this game. It is a grindfest riddled with DLC's, which would be alright if they didn't overlook the aforementioned issue before the game launched and probably never cared about fixing it (the game launched one year ago and nothing has been done about it). The rest of the issues about this game can be seen all around the negative reviews and most of them are accurate.

If you plan to buy this game, I suggest you wait until it goes on sale and refrain from buying DLC's, because if you are planning on playing without friends, it might get on your nerves really fast.
  60. Jan 27, 2015
    This is un-optimised mess of poorly coded and poorly laid out CASH GRAB FOR BRAIN DEAD REPITION.

The developer HALFWITT Studios: While sitting on the toilet one day after eating 30 cheeseburgers the team reached into the toilet bowl while I was sitting and pulled out payday 2.. The DLC is a Joke the weapon DLC is a further joke the weapon models are sadly purchased cheapys from

The developer HALFWITT Studios:

The DLC is a Joke the weapon DLC is a further joke the weapon models are sadly purchased cheapys from Turbo Squid you will see the model packs the most expensive weapon model for the game was $5 wow $5

The sound is poorly implemented there are too many level bugs even the AI-CPU has very very bad scripting.

The compression of game content is handled poorly the coding of the game is just a Mess game patches for incorporating 60mb of Mp3 and a Jukebox player for ingame menus
  61. Sep 13, 2013
    Deceptive sales practices are unforgiveable. This game lists itself as a single-player or multi-player game. It is not, in any way, possible to play this game single-player. It is impossible. This game is only, 100%, designed for co-op multiplayer. AI companions can not interact with anything, and it is necessary (not optional) to interact with things...like picking up loot, orDeceptive sales practices are unforgiveable. This game lists itself as a single-player or multi-player game. It is not, in any way, possible to play this game single-player. It is impossible. This game is only, 100%, designed for co-op multiplayer. AI companions can not interact with anything, and it is necessary (not optional) to interact with things...like picking up loot, or cracking a safe. There are other problems too, from a lack of content to unreasonable enemy AI (cops are superheroes who can see through walls and absorb hundreds of bullets). But lying about a single-player experience to trick people into buying the game is evil, and should be illegal. Expand
  62. Sep 14, 2013
    update 11 turned this game from a great game...to trash. Save you money and avoid it. Or if you still want something to do with 30 dollars that is more fin then this game now burn it, that way you can play with the fire....
  63. Mar 27, 2014
    I really think that CoD had combat right compared to this. HORDE AFTER HORDE of near invincible enemies attack you, with 1 minute breaks inbetween. The combat is repetitive, boring, uninspiring, and left a sour taste in my mouth. Difficulty changes randomly, with certain missions being easy one day, and impossible on a LOWER difficulty rating the next (real time. Not in-game days). TheI really think that CoD had combat right compared to this. HORDE AFTER HORDE of near invincible enemies attack you, with 1 minute breaks inbetween. The combat is repetitive, boring, uninspiring, and left a sour taste in my mouth. Difficulty changes randomly, with certain missions being easy one day, and impossible on a LOWER difficulty rating the next (real time. Not in-game days). The ONLY reason it isn't at 0, is because it's fun when it isn't broken. Other than that, the entirety of the game is a flop.
    Combat is worse than CoD and WarZ having a baby, with L4D2 staring at them from a chair in the hospital room. You have mobs of cannon fodder enemies who die in 2-3 hits. Then, you have enemies who take 3 entire magazines to kill, and can kill you in UNDER A SECOND.
    Here's a list of the special enemies:
    Shielder: Annoying enemy with a riot shield. Use teamwork and hope it doesn't aimbot-lock onto you.
    Tazer: Stuns you, causes your gun to go off spazmastically, and impairs the ability to look. When you're attacked by 7 at once (which usually happens), you can't do jack ****
    Cloakers: They jump in through vents, or exploit the game's pathetic physics and spawn behind you. They have this magically ability to start sprinting at over 40 MPH, and instantly down you. This is like a tazer, but worse, as they spawn more, more health etc.
    Bulldozer: Your standard juggernaut. Except that he, statistically, has over 100X more **** health than you. I've checked. He can also kill a fully armored character with max stats and perks in 5 hits, with a fast enough RPM to shoot 3 times per second.
    What I am trying to say is that this game is pathetically unfair, the combat is absolute **** the stealth is unrealistic with enemies and cameras that have X-Ray vision (Could be another of the MANY glitches), and no driving factor to keep playing. Most levels are copy-pasted with only a name that is changed. (There are about 5 levels, all with a different title, that are the same down to the VEHICLE PLACEMENT.)
    This game is a frustrating borefest not even worth 5 **** dollars. You MIGHT like it if you enjoy horde-type games where every enemy has more health than you, but if not, you're better off buying Ride to Hell.
  64. Aug 15, 2013
    A great, fun, enjoyable game. Everything runs smoothly. I've been playing for a while now.

+ gameplay
    + guns
    + skills
    + levels

- friendly ai
    - graphics could be improved
    - stealth

Some minor fixes will make the game a solid 9.
  65. Aug 23, 2013
    The game did not ship with all of its promised features and constant updates of over 800 megabytes make it impossible to adapt to the game. Until Overkill can flesh out the undeniable problems that were both present in the beta and not fixed for the finished game.

PC players of the game are facing poor support from Overkill who refuse to acknowledge to "17 Heists, 30 Stages" promise, safehouse customization, and more. Instead, the developer would rather make certain officers even more difficult to kill and release an update that broke multiplayer.

In addition to these technical flaws, Overkill still has not made a singeplayer mode that is playable. In fact, a recent update made it even more difficult than it already was. Instead of a full team of four, you get two AIs. In addition to the smaller team, the AI cannot pick up loot bags (which the police can), open safes, steal generic loot, place bags, or use any semblance of intelligence to assist you. This state of "offline mode" is completely criminal, especially since the Multiplayer seems to be broken on a regular basis.

Even after all of that, the game still manages to entertain some vague aspects of cooperative play. You can coordinate with you team, capture hostages, and actually orchestrate the heist.

However, in the games current state and Overkill's attitude towards development, it will be an accomplishment if they can finish the game and fulfill the promises they made to their fans- even more so if the game can be stabilized.
  66. Aug 23, 2013
    Great idea, would be tons of fun if... The game was not let down by the *worst* server browser (Crime.NET) ever made. A horrible XP curve that makes grinding very painful to level up. Loot system that makes you tear your hair out trying to get unlocks. And the worst of all, the devs keep patching the game to make grinding and missions longer with less rewards. The game is lacking inGreat idea, would be tons of fun if... The game was not let down by the *worst* server browser (Crime.NET) ever made. A horrible XP curve that makes grinding very painful to level up. Loot system that makes you tear your hair out trying to get unlocks. And the worst of all, the devs keep patching the game to make grinding and missions longer with less rewards. The game is lacking in content and features that were promised but then later "clarified" to be something different than advertised. Stealth is near worthless as the AI can detect through walls. Overall stay away from this game. Expand
  67. Aug 13, 2013
    An awesome game that gives a great experience that i had never felt for ages. Game has lots of replay value and can't wait for the DLC to come out! Game is great if you got some friends to play with.
  68. Aug 23, 2013
    Even though the Beta had very few Missions and was capped at Level 25/30, the Game was fun and hopes were very high, but man.. if i had known that the difference between the Beta and the final Game would only be 4 Missions... i would have never bought this game!
    I was so hyped at the beginning of the game and couldnt really believe that Overkill did such a scam on their fans...
    The Game
    The Game is really nice but the missing variety and behavior of their Devs is just sad
  69. Aug 14, 2013
    I loved the first Payday but in this game they introduced lots of problems.

1- Bad, small and short levels/heist, with to many screens in between, quite repetitive and few objectives; 2- Worst matchmaking/hosting system I ever saw, you cant even freely choose the game you are hosting, you need to wait till it appear on the system, and wait, and wait...; 3 A somewhat broken
    I loved the first Payday but in this game they introduced lots of problems.

3 A somewhat broken rpg/customization system;

4 unfinished product without some of the announced features (still promised), to many reused assets (even for a indie) and missing enemies (classics from the first, also promised for soon);

5 Many small things that arent right or small bugs;

The game have lots of potential, improvements on gameplay, enemy tactics, new stuff/skills, more stealth and planning options, random events/geometry, but lost the great level/heist design and simplicity to start, plan and gear up for a game of the first.
  70. Oct 14, 2013
    If you are lonewolf DO NOT buy this game. It's CO-OP....plain and simple. The jobs get old fast-the graphics look like it took a 5 year turn for the worst. And its repetitive.
  71. Aug 25, 2013
    The game is not honestly worth the money..But has many concepts compared to Payday: The Heist, Comparing missions from the old Payday to the new one. Payday original took a lot longer. The missions on the new one are a whole lot faster pace compared the the original payday. Everything is unlocked at level 40...what is the point to get to level 100. Nothing changes when you hit levelThe game is not honestly worth the money..But has many concepts compared to Payday: The Heist, Comparing missions from the old Payday to the new one. Payday original took a lot longer. The missions on the new one are a whole lot faster pace compared the the original payday. Everything is unlocked at level 40...what is the point to get to level 100. Nothing changes when you hit level 100...just like you do a mission make almost half a million on payout and draw a cash loot card...pointless. I am sure I am not the only one with 417 million in my safe house and nothing to use it on. Speaking of safe house what happened to the safe house customization? seems to me the game was rushed out to soon and loads of stuff is missing..despite all the bugs that could of been fixed during the whole purpose of "beta access" they were not so on release you have tons of people complaining about all the bugs..sounds to me like overkill were jacking off during the whole beta access. The game is not "noob" friendly at all. People like to kick because you are level "1" and everyone is level 30+...if you want to be an ass hat and kick people because of level why don't you set a level requirement or set a private match...idiots...This game could of been way better if release was held a month longer. Knowing this game is not grand theft auto..why is there not a mission where you actually get to "drive" the getaway van with your team? So many things that could be better about this game but probably never will be. I would not recommend this game unless you just like to spend 30 dollars and get bored of it within 3 days of playing... Expand
  72. May 31, 2014
    Terrible UI and matchmaking.
    Extremely repetetive gameplay.
    Bad gunplay.
    Strangely slow weapon progression.
    DLCs with weapons
    Lag problems
    The only plus: you feel like a fuking bank robber
    If you are on your payday better buy another game, this is a crappy one.
  73. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is unfinished and lacks any real content. Stay well away. Once you get to level 10 there is nothing else. The game is blatantly missing parts. Game also reuses assets to as ridiculous level.
  74. Aug 29, 2013
    I like the first Payday, is a fun game to play, but it has problems. This sequels improves almost everything! You can craft masks and guns, have a lot of maps to play in and an improved gameplay. I still think they should try something with the hostages: you should be able to move'em to a certain point while aiming at them.
    Still, a fun experience to play with friends.
  75. Nov 5, 2013
    Before you read this I want to point out the fact that this score is based off playing the multiplayer SOLO, no friends and playing with randoms. This game is fun for the first couple of hours playing with randoms, until you realize the payday community is filled with a bunch of pricks. Basically you will see level 50-60s in a level 1 mission then boot you for being to low a rank. PeopleBefore you read this I want to point out the fact that this score is based off playing the multiplayer SOLO, no friends and playing with randoms. This game is fun for the first couple of hours playing with randoms, until you realize the payday community is filled with a bunch of pricks. Basically you will see level 50-60s in a level 1 mission then boot you for being to low a rank. People will expect you to know what to do right out the gate, and will quit at the slightest hint of the mission not going their way. Also if the host of the mission quits, and they will, the game will shut down completely, and you will lose all the cash, xp, and gear you should have gotten. The missions are also very repetitive. All bank jobs are of the exact same bank, the only difference is what is inside the vault. You will see the same problem repeatedly throughout the game. With friends the game gets an 8/10, but if you play this solo with randoms it gets a 6/10 Expand
  76. Feb 27, 2015
    At the time of writing this, there is over $115 in DLC. In addition, the game is $30, as it has been since launch. Keep in mind, I own every single DLC. The fact of the mater is that that is too much. It will give you hundreds of hours of fun, but just be warned.
  77. Jun 16, 2014
    grind without fixing the main problem. This game is built like a game that should be free with microtransactions. You get ONE CARD (unlock) no matter how long the heist is (some are 5 freaking days!) sure you get more money from them but what is the point when you havent unlocked what you want to spend the money on and it's completely up to chance what you unlock or if you even unlockgrind without fixing the main problem. This game is built like a game that should be free with microtransactions. You get ONE CARD (unlock) no matter how long the heist is (some are 5 freaking days!) sure you get more money from them but what is the point when you havent unlocked what you want to spend the money on and it's completely up to chance what you unlock or if you even unlock anything at all!! It gets really repetetive and the safes take too long to drill even with the perks that shorten it (lol 10-15% reduction gee wow) if you survive long enough to make it through the first safe door (the drill will break about 3-4 times) then you are met with ANOTHER FREAKING DOOR TO DRILL which again breaks over and over, THEN (one mission in particular) you sometimes have to spend a bunch of time opening about 100 safe deposit boxes (it is SO freaking asanine) and at that point you have multiple sheild guys coming at once that cannot be killed unless you get behind them. Also stealth is mostly just frustrating and not worth the time and effort. The benefits dont outweigh those of just blowing every security guards head off and getting the heist started.

solid 7/10 but not a decimal better.
  78. Jul 9, 2014
    + High replay value with aspects of maps being randomized
    +Good RPG elements
    +Great stealth mechanics
    +Challenging
    +Guns, sound, visuals and character movement all well executed.

-Rampant hacks
    -"Going loud" can get a bit repetitive at times with wave after wave of mindless cops coming at you.
  79. Jun 27, 2014
    Payday 2 does a good job at making you feel like a bank robber but it doesn't do a very good at being exciting or innovating. The original Payday had these very long-winded missions where you felt like you were battling through waves and waves of police forces while taking cover and making supplies last. Here you're just camping out in a corner waiting for the cops to go away so you go onPayday 2 does a good job at making you feel like a bank robber but it doesn't do a very good at being exciting or innovating. The original Payday had these very long-winded missions where you felt like you were battling through waves and waves of police forces while taking cover and making supplies last. Here you're just camping out in a corner waiting for the cops to go away so you go on with the game.

Some of the skills are useless, the stealth-tree requires a lot of patience and more often you'll fail, having to resort to violence which the other skill-trees excels in.

Graphics look severely dated by now but that's probably a good thing as it'll run on quite a few computers that way and still look sharp.

I enjoyed Payday 2 for several hours until it became too repetitive.
  80. Jun 26, 2014
    This game is so much fun with friends and microphones. The 4 player co-op towards a common goal just can't be beat! There is a very rich skill tree and weapons/loot you unlock as you level up. It's almost like the co-op FPS RPG strategy game with the best elements of all of those creating something very addicting and absolutely AMAZING with friends. I had always just thought it was a bankThis game is so much fun with friends and microphones. The 4 player co-op towards a common goal just can't be beat! There is a very rich skill tree and weapons/loot you unlock as you level up. It's almost like the co-op FPS RPG strategy game with the best elements of all of those creating something very addicting and absolutely AMAZING with friends. I had always just thought it was a bank robbing game but when I picked it up on sale I realized what I'd been missing out on. This goes right up there with Mass Effect as one of my favorite game series. Expand
  81. Dec 7, 2013
    Right now, there is some connection issues. The multiplayer works off a peer-to-peer system which isn't working the best at the moment. Players will often lose connection to the host mid-game or vice versa leaving the host to fend for him/her self and the other players to find another match. |||||

The game itself is really fun though. It's addictive, co-operative multiplayer is exciting and rewarding. There are 4 skill tress to choose from, each with a different function; control, intimidation, tech expertise or stealth. You can mix and match between the trees if you like, which is refreshing because it removes the fear of picking the wrong one. There are loads of guns and attachments to buy too and masks to customise. All of which are gotten by random by picking 1 card out of 3 at the end of a game. |||||

This game is a load of fun, even if none of your friends have it.
  82. Apr 26, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    Payday 2 doesn't really have a "story" to go along with the gameplay. All you do is accept contracts from certain individuals and complete them. The contract givers don't have much to say, and the small amount of dialogue available does a solid job of making you feel like you're planning a heist. If you're hoping the criminals you'll be playing as are entertaining, then you'll be disappointed as the 4 main criminals are one-dimensional and only have about 1 paragraph of background found in the crime.net menu. Even though Payday 2 is weak in plot and characters, it excels in gameplay. 2/10

Gameplay: This is Payday 2's strongest aspect as the gameplay is fun, intense at times, and rewarding if you complete the heist with all the loot available. Even though the level design is small (with invisible walls), I was still able to enjoy what little areas the map let me used. At the start of most heist, you start off in "casing" mode. Here you're mask is off, and you'll be able to scope out the area and plan out what you and your crew will be doing (just make sure that when you're casing, you don't bring any big guns or armor if you and your crew are trying to complete that heist stealthy). Once you and your crew are ready (or one of you gets detected), casing mode is over and the heist begins, and if you've seen any heist movies, you'll know what to do. Get as many hostages as possible, look for any saves, vaults, or other important items, fight off the police as they try to stop your heist, grab the loot, get to the escape vehicle, and get the hell out of there. However, if you have a good crew with excellent communication skills, you'll be able to complete the heist in stealth mode (no alarms, no civilians calling the cops, etc.), and when you complete the heist in stealth mode, it feels so rewarding (especially on the harder heist on a high difficulty). The gun play and customization are also really good. You can customize your gun with different barrels, sights, stocks, etc., and you could customize your mask with different materials, patterns, and colors. When you get into a shootout, the guns feel powerful and actually have recoil in them, forcing you to be accurate (this game isn't called Rambo: the Bank Heist). Just like Borderlands, there are 4 skill sets to choose from: Mastermind-the guy who does crowd control and manipulating any guards or cops who get in your way, Enforcer-the guy who is the tank of the crew (charging in with a shotgun, and using saws to be a menacing threat), Technician- the guy who handles C4s, trip mines, and sentry guns to open saves and fend off against cops, and Ghost-the guy who uses suppressed weapons, answers pagers, hides bodies, lock-picks saves, and uses jammers to avoid cameras and alarms detecting him. You get exactly 120 skill points once you hit level 100, and buying all skills would take up 580 skill points. So just like in Borderlands 2, you'll have to respec (reset skill points) if you want to experience what all skills have to offer. The A.I. in this game however, act really dumb most of the time as they have to rely on strength in numbers to be challenging. The are a good amount of enemies in the game (10 to be exact), and one of them in particular (the Tazer) has got to be one the most annoying enemies I've ever played against in a video game (you'll know who he is once he tazes you). Now we get to the 2 biggest problems with the gameplay: The single player experience, and the unlock system. Just like Borderlands, this is a Co-op shooter, so if you don't have anyone to play with, then you'll have to deal with 2 stupid A.I. teammates who only act as bullet sponges rather than famous criminals. The other thing I dislike is the unlock system. You can purchase guns as you unlock them like in Black Ops, but if you want to unlock new mask, attachments (especially sights), or mask customization items, you're going to have to complete a heist, then you'll have to choose between 3 cards, and whatever's behind that card (attachment, mask, mask customization item), you're going to have to keep it, no buying anything, just complete heists (for farming unlocks, just replay "Ukrainian Job" by spending offshore cash). Overall, the gameplay is great, even with some issues. 8/10

Graphics:
    The game looks good at max settings, but nothing will amaze you. 7/10

Sound:
    The gun shots sound realistic, and the soundtrack is solid with some good tracks in the background. 8/10

Multiplayer:
    This games Co-op is just like Borderlands. 4 people at max (recommended each person has a different role), and all of you complete heist together. When you go loud, it gets chaotic and fun (just don't play solo). 9/10

Verdict: This game is essentially Borderlands 2 with heist, and it's a ton of fun to play. If you have 3 friends you want to rob banks with, then get this game. If you like to play solo, then you might wanna ignore this game then. Solo rating: 5/10, Verdict: 8/10
  83. Jun 22, 2014
    Definitely wouldn't play solo. You'll get kicked after an hour helping your team, I guarantee it. With friends though, the game is an absolute blast. Just don't focus on exp and money, it gets very grindy very fast since there's only a couple of missions you can do to make money/exp relatively fast. And that's a big problem in my opinion: not enough heists. Seriously Overkill, you got aDefinitely wouldn't play solo. You'll get kicked after an hour helping your team, I guarantee it. With friends though, the game is an absolute blast. Just don't focus on exp and money, it gets very grindy very fast since there's only a couple of missions you can do to make money/exp relatively fast. And that's a big problem in my opinion: not enough heists. Seriously Overkill, you got a great game here but we need more heists to keep it interesting. Would recommend for casual co-op but don't make it about exp or money, you'll lose interest in the game quickly. Oh and when you're playing with friends, pick a friend with a solid internet connection to host your game. Expand
  84. Nov 2, 2014
    Payday 2 is somewhere between frustrating and great, because there are many things that should be better, but with the right team it's an awesome game and it only gets better the more you play. Good:

* With the right team and good communication, it's one of the best coop experiences. * Many different possibilities to do missions and the game mechanics generally work great. When

* Many different possibilities to do missions and the game mechanics generally work great. When everything comes together and you pull off the perfect heist, it's very rewarding.
    * Nice customization options (masks and weapons).
    * Great soundtrack.
    * Shooting feels and sounds very good.
    * Cool back story, they even made some movie clips. There's not much of a story in the game itself, but it works.

Most players suck at the game though, because it can be quite difficult and requires more than shooting, and that really drags the whole experience down as you'll find very few enjoyable public games on the higher difficulties. Bad:

* The loot system is completely randomized and it's retarded. I've played over 30 hours, am level 50+ and only got one of the weapon mods I need.
    * Connection problems when too many players are online.
    * The game browser keeps crashing and you have to restart Steam to fix it.
    * There's an XP penalty for playing the same mission too many times. When some missions are played more than others, it's because of bad mission balance, so they should work on that.
    * Many missions are too difficult for public groups, that's why players only play the easier ones. Sometimes there are way too many enemies and you can't really do anything, more so when you're unlucky with loot drops and have crap equipment. Especially on multi day missions, the last mission is often too difficult and all the time spent on the mission is lost when it fails.
    * Most of the weapon and armor stats are displayed with rounding errors and/or the math behind it is just weird, which makes the game bad for theory crafting.
    * When you get disconnected before a game ends, you get nothing. Which leads directly to the next point: the game doesn't have host migration. If the host disconnects, it's over.
    * Sound gets stuck often when a game ends.
    * There are many "hold down F key" events. These should be triggered by tapping the key once. Pressing it down for several minutes is really lame.

Also, props to the developers for releasing free content. I just wish they would concentrate their efforts on fixing some of these problems.
  85. Feb 1, 2014
    TL;DR at the end of this wall text.

I had mixed feelings for this game, for a while I liked it a lot, but with the latest updates and DLCs I eventually made up my mind and uninstalled it. I've seriously grown tired of the company policy, they keep adding stuff and make the game harder without fixing bugs that are well known since the dawn of time. I'm going to explain... Don't get
    TL;DR at the end of this wall text.

I'm going to explain...

Don't get me wrong, if we look at the gameplay/graphics/sound compartment the game is good, really good. You can customize your masks, your weapons, you can even build your carachter to be whatever you like and the music is damn good. All these things are major improvements over the previous chapter, well... except Hoxton speaking AmE instead of BrE.
    There are, however, some problems that, in my opinion, have been deliberately ignored, some of them are gamebreaking and are the result of poor judgement from the devs.

I -FIRST- There are 21 missions, but many of them are staged in the same place, there are 5 bank heists that are simply identical, the only difference is the stuff you have to rob. You will play all these missions once and for the rest of the game you will keep playing the same 2 gamebraking heists: "Firesterter", that gives you a huge amount of money, and "Rats", that rewards you with a ridiculous amount of experience points. Since they are so rewarding they must be really hard to finish, right ? Well, Firestarter is quite hard, but Rats is so easy that you can finish it single player on the hardest difficulty in 5 minutes. So, you start farming these 2 missions until you get freaking bored and start thinking ... "why the devs don't give us more missions ?" There are already 3 DLCs, only one of them contains new missions; mission"S", yes with an ironic S, because you have to do the same thing in all of them, you can even consider them as one mission, only the map is different. Also, the game mechanic is always the same for every mission. 1. Open something with a drill, C4 or saw, 2. Grab what's inside, 3. Bring it to the escape point. No wonder this game is called "bag toss simulator 2014". At least Payday 1 had 2 missions with an hostage to escort; in payday 2 there is nothing like that, devs promised kidnapping mission but after 6 months nothing has come.

II -SECOND- The DLCs of this game gave me cancer. I bought one and it really was a waste of money. All I got was 4 more masks (that need to be dropped except for 1) a few new guns (all useless except one or 2) and the above mentioned "4" missions (with a chance to spawn a random hard-as-hell mission once in a blue moon). This was the first DLC, the second one was a punch in the eye and a spit in the face for every gamer; the devs made the game considerably more difficult with the update, almost unplayable at the highest difficulties, overkill difficulty is ... overkill ok, can't argue with that, BUT they included grenades in the DLC, which you have to pay for, while the infernal difficulty is for free, I see what you did there dear devs. Now, with the third DLC they included a new special enemy for free (increasing the difficulty again) along with the stuff you have to pay for. So... I have to say that this is enough, I know DLCs are optional and If I don't like them I shouldn't pay for them, but here... you're kinda forced to buy at least the granade DLC. Ok, I have to add this bit, the only free, "original" (yes that's irony again) mission is a bank heist, the "GO Bank" ... which is a copy-paste of a map from CS GO.

III -THIRD- At the end of each mission you get a reward, a random item that can be one of the following : weapon part, mask, mask pattern, mask colour, money, exp. Money and exp are totally useless since the amount given and the drop rate is very low; mask colours, patterns and masks are ... well, some are good while others not so much, so this is ok, i guess. Now, weapon mods are something frustrating, the droprate is so high that you will end up having more mods than weapons, masks, patterns and colours combined. Also, the chance to get an item you want is very, very,very low since there are thousands of items in the game.

OK enough writing...

For the TL;DR ppl out there.

1. Lack of balanced and new unique missions
    2. Almost laughable content inside DLCs; make money policy.
    3. Mmorpg farm / grind style, frustrating drop rates

NOT worth the price of 30€ let alone 45 (30€+ 3DLCx5€)
    Bought at 17€ + 1DLC 3€ and I kinda regret it.

This game WOULD BE at least 7/10, it has a lot of potential but the way it gets updated is irritating. It could be much much better if the devs focused on the important things, but for some reason they don't. I'm sorely disappointed.
  86. Jun 27, 2014
    I tried out Payday 2 during a free weekend on Steam and soon after decided to add it to my collection. Payday 2 brings a fresh style of cooperative gameplay to the first person shooter scene and that is likely why it stands out so well.

Gameplay: The primary objective in Payday 2 is to successfully enact a four-man heist operation. These operations can be approached guns-ablazing or stealthily- whichever your team prefers. Several different heists can be attempted and you are given the ability to play with friendly AI or in a multiplayer matchmaking setup. While these four-man teams are extremely interesting to play with, the connections are unsteady at times and disconnections occur periodically. In addition, each time a player joins your heist mid-game the action is paused while connecting.

Graphics: In terms of visual appeal, Payday 2 does not go above or beyond- even while using max PC settings. The in-game graphics are somewhat comparable to those of a recent Call of Duty game. The only visual effects that stand out are some well-detailed masks and weapons.

Customization: Perhaps what draws me in to Payday 2 the most is the collectibility of items and perks. The game offers a rather large array of masks, body armors, weapons, attachments, and graphic materials to add a personal flair to each. I find collecting masks in particular to be enjoyable, but it feels kind of grindy at times to wait so long to unlock a certain weapon only to have to spend the entirety of your hard-earned cash on it (at least in the early-game).

Replayability: Payday 2 turns out to be a strong multiplayer game- when connection issues don't persist. I could see myself coming back to this game over a large period of time, and I do find myself going from heist to heist in order to unlock new items.

Overall, Payday 2 presents an original twist to the FPS genre and luckily the idea is well-executed. If the game were a bit more polished, it might be able to grasp at a 9, but even now it holds a strong 8.
  87. May 17, 2014
    Fantastic game! Payday 2 is 100x better than Payday The Heist, it is beautiful, fantastic. There are many more opportunities for missions, multiplayer has been greatly improved, and the graphics are beautiful, more simulation was also much improved. In short, buy it fast!
  88. Jun 22, 2014
    One of the best games i have ever played! The online is very good! So much weapons and masks , skills , different levels, makes you want to play it more and more!
  89. Dec 6, 2014
    [The game's review language: Hungary]
    A PayDay: The Heist 2011. őszén debütált, jó fogadtatásban volt része de(!) a hossza nem volt elegendő (Megjelenéskor 6 pálya volt). Ha mindenki emlékszik 2011-ben jött ki a Battlefield 3 és ezért a grafikai látvány világ mondhatni "nem jött be" az embereknek és ez nagy minusz volt a játéknak.
    De 2 év alatt történt sok új az Overkill Software
    [The game's review language: Hungary]

De 2 év alatt történt sok új az Overkill Software számára ugyanis a Starbreeze Studios felvásárolta a jogokat, és berendelték a folytatást a: Payday 2-t...

Grafika: változott a PayDay 2-ben és vannak árnyékok ami a Heist-be nem volt sokkal élesebb textúrák, jobb megvilágítási effektek, robbanási effektek más kinézetet kaptak. De talán még ide tartozik az is, hogy a pályák most sokkal jobbak tágabb, nyitotabb, élettel telíbb már az utcákon civilek is járkálnak és a város nem egy chernobyl kihalás szintjén van.

Skillek és Perkek: Most már karakterünk (Választható: Dallas, Chains, Wolf, Hoxton és a John Wick filmből megkaptuk magát John Wick-et) fejleszthető van 5 Skill "fa" ami mind másra jó. Van a Mastermind aki inkább a "mindenes" sok féle skillel. Enforcer ő lesz a mi "tankunk" ha sokat fejlesztük az ő tulajdonságával kapjuk meg a legjobb armort. Technician ő nálunk az egyéb blokádoknál segít Drill-t gyorsíthat C4-et rakhat a széfekre. Ghost na ha csendesen, halkan játszunk (Stealth-be) ő a legjobb választás kisebb észrevehetőség zárakat gyorsan nyit fel, kamerákat tud loopolni, hogy ne legyünk láthatók számára... És a játék a Stealth stílust támogatja mindig ad legalább +5% XP-t. Szép fejlődés a heisthez képest (TAB+1 vagy 2 vagy 3-as számokkal váltasz, hogy mit fejlesztesz accuary, damage stb.). És utoljára a Fugitive ami egyenlőre a "gyors support" abban hasonló a Mastermind-ra, hogy ő is hozhat Medipack-ot. Nemrég behozták a Perkeket is amiben szintén több "fa" van. Ezek a perkek álltalában nagyobb HP-t gyorsabb ammo vételt, a társad mellet vagy te legyél a "tankja, őrzője" és téged lőnek.

Fegyverek: Nem kicsi létszámmal vannak jelen kapunk jó sok SMG-t Assault Rifle-t Pisztolyokat (akár akimboba), Grenade Launcher, Sniper Rifle, LMG és ezek mindenhol minden kategóriában minimum 5 darab. Természetesen ez se maradhatott ki: rengeteg attachment de annyi, hogy számolni nem lehet van minden fegyverre 6 darab hangtompító 4681 Laser Sight, Scope-ok, más tárak, markolatok (ahogy olvasható tényleg nagyon sok van). Kezelések elég egyszerű bár ha valaki játszik egy kicsit látja, hogy az összes annyira tud hordani össze-vissza. Persze tennünk kell a fegyverekért és nyilván pénz kell, hogy beszerezzük őket.

Küldetések: Na küldetések a Crime.net-re felmegyünk (azaz ahol küldetést választunk) kidobja a küldetéseket. Ha nincs olyan küldetés amit játszanánk akkor ezt meglehet azzal oldani, hogy "megvesszük" a preferált küldetést. Megtörténik az, hogy aki most kezdte el és más lobby-ba lép be 44-es vagy és belépsz oda ahol 96 szintű a host akkor 99%, hogy kidob. Lesznek itt Pro Jobok ami lényegében ugyanaz a küldetés lesz de(!) ha elrontjuk nem lehet újra kezdeni, de persze ha megcsináltuk a küldetést akkor nyilván a játék megbecsüli +pénz és +XP szóval mindenki döntse el, hogy jó-e ez neki? + PONT mert nagyok sok féle küldetés van lesz itt: Watch dogs ahol a kokaint passzolunk át munkaadónknak. Lesz itt Hoxton Breakout (ami a legtöbb XP-t és pénzt adja) ahol Hoxton-t kell kiszabadítani majd az FBI-nál az adatokat a szervert ellopni.
    Küldetések végeztével mindig választhatunk "kártyát" ezek valamiféle tárgyat adnak: Új maszk, új attachment, maszkokra más matrica, más szinezés.

CO-OP: Payday=Csak mással. Ez a kijelentés azt takarja, hogy ha paydayezel baráttal, ismerőssel játsz mert esély is jobb, hogy meglesz a küldet... Tehát a jobb játékélmény. De egyedül nem érdemes megadott szint után már megcsinálhatatlan az egész... Látni majd, hogy a társaid olyan inteligenciát kaptak mint amikor a hangyát akarod tanítani arra, hogy hogyan repüljön szerencsélten magyarul NEM csinál semmit mindig lent vannak a földön csak golyófogóknak jók semmi másra max arra, hogy ha földön vagy felszed de semmi más.

Frissítések:Naponta jönnek frissítések. Nem rég volt a Crimefest rendezvény ahol NAPONTA 500MB-s frissítések jöttek ami azért nem rossz. Amint van valami baj egyből dobják a frissítést ami viszont annak rossz akinek lassú nete van.

DLC: Óóó de mennyi. És nem is olcsók. Emlékeztek a felsorolásra a fegyvereknél "Grenade Launcher, Sniper Rifle, LMG"? Na ezeket el lehet felejteni ha nem vesszük meg a DLC-t van Hotline Miami küldetés DLC Transport DLC Big Bank DLC (Érdekesség: van egy "The Dentist" nevű munkaadónk akit ha meglátunk a sorozat nézők nosztailgiázhatnak ugyanis ő a Breaking Bad-ből Gus Fring, aki a Los Pollos Hermanost vezette)... Nagyon sok de ami pozitívum egybe nem mindenért kell fizetni vannak ingyenes DLC-k lásd Shadow Raid.

Értékelés:
    -Kevés ilyen jó játék van.
    -Nem pénztárcabarát DLC-k...

+...De vannak ingyen is.
    +Grafika
    +Játékélmény
    +Hang
    +Mindig új dolgok
    +Frissítések
  90. Jul 7, 2014
    This is one of my favorite games for a few reasons. First, the multiplayer is fantastic, and is good enough to keep me having fun for hours. Second, the graphics are quite improved from the first installment. Third, the company, Overkill, is constantly updating the game with new content. Although this game has some bugs and glitches, and the AI is iffy, it still holds up as a great co-op FPS.
  91. Jul 12, 2014
    PAYDAY 2 is a great game for you and your friends ! Be sure you play this game with some friends or at least in public sessions. Its not worth playing it "offline".

The graphics and the gameplay are way better than in the first game PAYDAY: The Heist. Every heist has something that is random generated, so there are so many variations for just 1 mission. The armory is great. There are so many types of weapons. Shotguns, snipers, assault guns, LMGs ... even Grenades... but some of them are just DLC only weapons.
    Its really awesome that the developers still works for the game and bring up new content. They releases payed DLCs and free heists. You dont have to buy any DLCs to play the (DLC)heists. Just the host has to own the DLC which is a great move by OVERKILL. Not splitting up the community and doing many favors. Another big bonus for payday is the great and phenomenal music. Its really pushing and a great experience for every player. Simon Viklund (the composer) made a beautiful job !!!

But there cant be just good things in a game. Here are some bad notes.
    - You have to carry bags in almost every heists which can be very annoying.
    - Escape Heists are fun for the first times but after playing at lot you getting annoyed of this. I like the design of them but for the gameplay it feels more like its redundant. Just buying "Expert Driver" and you never have to play them again. Kinda sad...
    - And the worst point in my opinion as a real payday veteran (PAYDAY: The Heist about 850 hours and PAYDAY 2 about 750 hours) is the voice acting. I really love the existing voices but there are so many moments in PD2 where you just hear the awesome background track and gunfire. These little details like screaming voices or even more voices for special units and especially the main characters are missing so hard ! If you played PAYDAY: The Heist you know what I mean.

But still PAYDAY 2 is my favorite game.

(Review from 12 July 2014)
  92. Jul 14, 2014
    A very good coop experience.

A nice variety of missions that change their layouts slightly every time you play them.
    The item/mask drops after each mission make it absolutely addicting to play.

That being said, if you do not have friends to play with its hard to recommend. The AI bots cant help out on stealth missions and are pretty much useless when police starts to head in.
  93. Jul 27, 2014
    Payday 2 Review
    Platform:PC
    Developer: Overkill Software Publisher:505 Games If you have ever watched bank heist movies like Point Break or The Town, Payday 2 is the Video Game adaption of all those sweet police shot outs or stealthy ocean's eleven like jobs. The game is built for 4 player Co-op letting you build a team of friends or if you don't have any of those, strangers. To
    Payday 2 Review
    Platform:PC
    Developer: Overkill Software
    Publisher:505 Games
    If you have ever watched bank heist movies like Point Break or
    The Town, Payday 2 is the Video Game adaption of all those sweet
    police shot outs or stealthy ocean's eleven like jobs. The game
    is built for 4 player Co-op letting you build a team of friends
    or if you don't have any of those, strangers. To take you pick from
    tons of "Jobs" If you have enough patience you can stealth some from
    beginning to end. Others require a more direct approach, But that
    lets you use the large amount of guns to pick. From LMG's,Shotguns, Sniper Rifles etc
    and mod them to the point where it is just about a different gun.
    Once you have spent your millions of stolen money on new guys and
    have nothing left to buy, you can spend the rest of your empire on
    making custom masks to show off to all your friends. They have added lots of extremely rare and awesome masks to keep people going back for more. So collectively Payday 2 is a great game but if you don't play online or you hate human interaction you will be missing out on a big part of the game. Payday offers hours and hours of game play with DLC coming out all the time as well. If your a fan of robbing a bank blind I recommend this game.

85/100.
  94. Sep 27, 2014
    I like throwing bags, I'm special, I like this game, I also like trains, but I like this game better. Payday is life Payday is everything! :D

I recommend I r8 8/8 would rape again.
  95. Oct 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gioco bellissimo che ti coinvolge molto quando vengono rilasciati i DLC,bello anche la modalità stealth,forse dovrebbero migliorare un poco le animazioni,ma con calma e con i vari aggiornamenti si risolverà tutto. Expand
  96. Nov 2, 2014
    It seems as though this game received many negative user reviews due to poor connection or just bad computer parts. This game is a beautiful improvement from payday the heist, which did not have many options for customization. In payday 2, you can choose your guns, attachments, customize masks, choose equipment, and choose skills from skill trees, such as the ability to carry more zip tiesIt seems as though this game received many negative user reviews due to poor connection or just bad computer parts. This game is a beautiful improvement from payday the heist, which did not have many options for customization. In payday 2, you can choose your guns, attachments, customize masks, choose equipment, and choose skills from skill trees, such as the ability to carry more zip ties or carry and throw bags of loot faster and farther. The Payday 2 community on steam also plays a huge role in the game, as there are community items (free DLC) in the game like masks, weapons, and missions. They constantly add new heists, so the updates are worth your while. I would have paid $50 for this game, but I got it during the summer sale and only paid $7.49 so I have no problem buying additional DLCs. All in all, great game and I'm not even sure how it could be improved, except for AI having the ability to carry bags on solo heists. I do, however, like the challenge of having to carry all of the bags myself, and wish I could tell the AI to stay in the jewelry store so I can run the bags to the van and come back without them getting in my way. Still, this game would be a 9.6/10 Expand
  97. Nov 19, 2014
    This game is absolutely amazing. As a long time Payday fan, starting with the original, Payday: The Heist, I've enacted my fantasy of bank robbing, armored escort stealing, meth cooking, and even as of recent the breakout of one of my favorite voice actors as Hoxton, over and over again. It never gets dull, as the sheer amount of content being added keeps a repetitive task as farming fromThis game is absolutely amazing. As a long time Payday fan, starting with the original, Payday: The Heist, I've enacted my fantasy of bank robbing, armored escort stealing, meth cooking, and even as of recent the breakout of one of my favorite voice actors as Hoxton, over and over again. It never gets dull, as the sheer amount of content being added keeps a repetitive task as farming from being monotonous and boring.

Payday 2 features many good points as well as some bad, as comes with all games. However, which each new update, all of the bad things, bugs, glitches, etc. get pushed out, at a rate that is nearly consistent. With the recent welcome approach to mods like HoxHud and PocoHud, almost any and all negatives are virtually gone.

I recommend Payday 2 to anyone who wants to enact the fantasies of the Wild West, whether it be robbing banks or extorting store clerks for money, Payday 2 is for you.
  98. Nov 27, 2014
    This game is a very big improvement over the first PAYDAY. PAYDAY 2 has great co-op, requires you to be smarter and has less excessive forces of police enforcers. While it does suffer some flaws from the first game, it is still better than the first.

PAYDAY 2 now has the 4 heisters, which are all different except from Wolf and now the addition of Old Hoxton in Washington. With new heists, improved graphics and overall better gameplay, I can easily say you should get this rather than the first game.

PAYDAY 2 has greater combat, improved graphics, new and exciting heists, the addition of stealth (Even though you could stealth Diamond Heist and No Mercy, this is a full on mechanic now) and the guns feel a lot better to shoot. The guns not feeling good to shoot was one of my complaints in the first game and they have fixed that with better animations and great sound effects.

The music in this game is great, but I prefer the first one as it actually sounded more criminal. The sound in the first game was grinding and sounded very menacing, like a criminal. PAYDAY 2's music is quite high-pitched and is more just generic dubstep, with the exception of Big Bank.

One flaw that PAYDAY 2 has is the interactivity between the heisters, and I don't mean online actual people but I mean AI. The crew used to communicate to each other a lot more in the first game, they barely do it now in this game. If you told someone to follow you, they would say "Yeah! I'm coming!" which made it more immersive.

Another flaw that PAYDAY 2 has is that it gets repetitive very quickly. Whilst new heists do get added, they take time as expected therefore after you have completed every heist once, you will get quite bored. I do not know a fix for this other than just adding more heists from the start and I do not blame OVERKILL but I do not play the game that much due to this problem.

Overall, you should get PAYDAY 2 even though it suffers from bad AI and repetition. It's fun to play, especially with friends but not as exciting when you are playing with random people that you meet on the internet.
  99. Jan 5, 2015
    Graphics are a bit dated but the game shines with fun coop, even with some sync issues.

Only have some 380+ hours logged in this game, sure some heist are bad and not as cool as the heists in Payday 1. but Rats, Hoxton, Hotline, Firestarter, Watchdogs, Framing Frame, Big Oil and Big Bank are fun and the game has somewhat fresh content added overtime since launch. Guns. Lots of guns.

Guns. Lots of guns. well there is probably games that has more guns than this game but the Overkill has done a ok job in keeping it somewhat interesting while leveling up, thou once you reached end game you will notice that your running the exact same gun with the same mods as everyone else. yes endgame is pretty cookiecutter atm, something they are working on.

Community, yes amazingly Overkill actually talks with their community, they might not always listen but they do on occasion an that is really sweet, they are often good at announcing coming patches/dlc but when delays happen they are really silent and generally have a bad handling about it, but that is something they can improve. and they really tricked us thinking that something really cool was coming to Payday only to announce a Zombie game. thanks for that Overkill... good luck with that damn tricksters.
  100. Aug 23, 2013
    Game is good at start but after leveling up there is no new content where evidence indicate that there should be some.Yes,you can have some fun with it,but after playing same map (which aren't many to be true) pattern is easy visible.Fun drops to near zero after you get all wanted items and see every possible scenario that game gives you.Changing randomization is either absent or so minorGame is good at start but after leveling up there is no new content where evidence indicate that there should be some.Yes,you can have some fun with it,but after playing same map (which aren't many to be true) pattern is easy visible.Fun drops to near zero after you get all wanted items and see every possible scenario that game gives you.Changing randomization is either absent or so minor that during game-play nearly unnoticed.AI is pretty low,and graphics don't hold up with games for this price.Future DLC promise to deliver some content missing from base game (safe-house customization according to developer will be implicated in future DLC).Not worth your money,unless there is a sale or significant price drop. Expand
  101. Aug 15, 2013
    Payday 2 has improved all that was the original payday. The original was really fun, had some troubles with the Cops AI which was a little too unbalanced and difficult to deal with, enemies here seem more realistic, and equally challenging. I played approx 12 hours on the beta that only had 6 levels and didn't get bored even a little bit, I'm now 14 hours on the full game, and there is soPayday 2 has improved all that was the original payday. The original was really fun, had some troubles with the Cops AI which was a little too unbalanced and difficult to deal with, enemies here seem more realistic, and equally challenging. I played approx 12 hours on the beta that only had 6 levels and didn't get bored even a little bit, I'm now 14 hours on the full game, and there is so much to do, it's incredible what overkill was able to do with just 1 level, stealthing a heist makes you feel real bad ass, and overkill difficult heist make you feel even more bad ass. This game is great, maybe with a little more time they could have fixed more bugs, but nothing gained whining over spilled milk, they are really working hard making the game even better, so this game deserves a 10 in my opinion just because of the endless fun it provides. Collapse

1. Oct 9, 2013
    PayDay 2 is one of the nicest surprises of the year. Overkill Software understands the atmosphere of gangster movies and wisely improves these pieces of gameplay, that might have been disappointing in the first game. The sequel is better in almost every way - you can play a thief and enjoy good character development and shooting systems. I really hope, that PayDay 3 will be even better.
  2. Oct 5, 2013
    Payday 2 is an excellent co-op shooter - a vast improvement over the first one. [Sept 2013]
  3. Oct 3, 2013
    A unique and captivating multiplayer experience that rewards team work over personal glory. But make sure you bring friends for the true experience. [Nov 2013, p.62]