7.4

1. Feb 28, 2015
    A game I absolutely loved as a child. The missions were exciting and the music was great. However, the camera angle made it a major pain to land, the graphics were below average and some of the missions are rock hard. Dog fighting is basically nonexistent and it can take a while to get back into the fight once you die. It's fun, but nothing to pay for in this day and age.
  2. BobG.
    Jan 30, 2005
    Pearl Harbor-Zero Hour was one of my favorite WW2 simulation games .....until I tried to reinstall it on my computer. It keeps stating "cannot initialize 3D". Simon and Schuster are out of PC Game business now, so where do I go??? Anywho (OK....how), S&S producing PC games is about equal to John Deere manufacturing Computers!.......If I can ever reinstall the game, I would probably rerate Pearl Harbor-Zero Hour was one of my favorite WW2 simulation games .....until I tried to reinstall it on my computer. It keeps stating "cannot initialize 3D". Simon and Schuster are out of PC Game business now, so where do I go??? Anywho (OK....how), S&S producing PC games is about equal to John Deere manufacturing Computers!.......If I can ever reinstall the game, I would probably rerate it a 9 or 10 due to its novel approach of flying your aircraft suspended in the air about 500 feet above it (which eases the pain if you're shot down by the bad guys or run out of fuel before you can reorient yourself on returning home. ( I recall hearing about the American pilot who, having had a great day shooting down six enemy aircraft, sinking a cruiser, and leaving a battleship badly damaged, landed his plane on an aircraft carrier, sharply saluted the commander and reported his feats....to which the commander responded..."Vellie good Yank, but you make one slight mistakee!" Collapse
  3. AMMARM.
    Aug 3, 2004
    I love it. the graphics are excellent but i cant find how to download it again.
  4. GregB.
    Feb 11, 2003
    The graphics are pretty sad...but HELL....THIS GAME IS FUN AND ADDICTIVE. Worth the money. Blowin' stuff up is great!
  5. MichaelR.
    Nov 13, 2002
    I have fun, but i can't install it again.
  6. ChrisG.
    Oct 19, 2002
    I love this game and i just played the 60 minute demo i rate this game a 100000000000000000.
  7. Bryce
    Jun 2, 2002
    I though it was great but i'm having trouble installing it on xp can someone help me?
  8. JamesH.
    Jan 20, 2002
    What year is this?...This game looks like a resurected and relesed 1980's game that was dumped...then relesed years later.
  9. ChrisB.
    Nov 1, 2001
    Easy controls, fair play. Lacks camera angles and a decent heads-up display.
  10. BobH.
    Sep 29, 2001
    Good.

1. The game fails to tread new water in the field. It may have been a solid title, without the Pearl Harbor title, five years ago. It is a fair arcade, third-person perspective flight sim, and nothing more.
    Despite interesting missions like Midway and Guadalcanal, experienced gamers can blow through Zero Hour in a day. Ambitious flyboys will gladly return to it as coffee break filler, but long-term companionship is doubtful.
    Overall I'd rather watch the movie again...and I hated the movie.